BajaNomad

Baja coastline is eroding. PROFEPA to move Federal zone back?

Pages:  1  2

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 05:50 PM

Why haven't those science guys figured that out yet? Geez.

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 06:01 PM

Having read this entire thread, I will offer my own opinion since that is apparently what is in fashion these days. I long ago gave up believing 95% of all I read on the internet, especially that which is represented as positively "fact" and "scientific" as so much has been proven to be BS, fake-news, and so distorted and spun.

I only believe what I can personally see, and even that is slightly suspect.

I thank the "media" for my present suspicion of what is true, and not true, or simply unbelievable. But I keep taking it all in, and laughing.

Life is good---especially when in my pool with a cool one, and I worked hard to get where I am---living the American Dream!!. .

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 06:03 PM

Ignorance is bliss, yo.

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafam  
Ignorance is bliss, yo.

"Ignorance" IS the norm these days. But seeing is believing, at least for me.

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 06:09 PM

so you don't believe in air, gravity, love, happiness, gases, neutrons, atoms, molecules, amoebas, electricity, static, germs, bacteria, etc?

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 06:16 PM

so you don't believe in air, gravity, love, happiness, gases, neutrons, atoms, molecules, amoebas, electricity, static, germs, bacteria, etc?

I have not lived to be 81 by dwelling on all those un-seeable thingy's. I use to pay attention, even studied them, but "facts" turned out to be allusive, so I just accept what is, and have been happier ever since. You save the world, and I wish you success, and in the mean time I will just vote my conscious.

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 06:17 PM

Barry, where did you get your information pre-internet?

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 06:19 PM

I'd like the world to be inhabitable after I die. I know your generation generally doesn't care about that, and that's part of why we are in the position we are in. So, thanks?

[Edited on 7-22-2019 by bajafam]

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 06:30 PM

I'd like the world to be inhabitable after I die. I know your generation generally doesn't care about that, and that's part of why we are in the position we are in. So, thanks?

I honestly think you are 'tilting at windmills'. I truly don't think that you can have ANY influence on the climate, but even if you try it will turn out to be insignificant. Sorry, I can't feel guilty about that, as much as you want me to. I pick up trash religiously, and recycle (even in Mexico) and that is about all I feel I can do that is meaningful. Carry on.

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 06:42 PM

Of course.
There's no way one person could EVER make an impact.
No one ever has, after all.

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 06:47 PM

I'm glad the younger generations don't share your sense of ennui.

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 06:51 PM

Of course.
There's no way one person could EVER make an impact.
No one ever has, after all.

You said it, I didn't. "Impact" is all in your point of view, I suppose.

As I inferred, I wish you every success. We all have to have "a cause" that makes us feel useful. My aim is just more realistic, to me.

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 06:59 PM

I'm glad the younger generations don't share your sense of ennui.

"ennui"-------I had to look that one up. LOL

Definitely "ennui" does not describe me. I am amazed that you thought you could read-my-mind. You can't, you know. I am far from bored-------I just put my (now limited) energy into things I think important and obviously doable, like picking up other's trash. Now THAT has a positive impact, at least I think it does?!?!?!.

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 07:03 PM

Funny, I don't do things to aide in saving the environment to feel useful. I do it because others have put us in this position, and feel they don't need to do anything anymore. Why should they? They'll be dead soon. Who cares?

Realistically, if even half the people gave one crap about the planet, we could reverse or at least slow down the devastation caused by the laissez-faire attitude of past generations.

I don't care for the planet for me. I care for those who will exist here long after I'm dead. It's the right thing to do. I'm sorry you're too busy to plant a tree you'll never sit beneath.

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 07:13 PM

Fam---------you are making assumptions again------never a good idea, IMO. I spent my career in Environmental awareness and Law Enforcement with the National Park Service and then with BLM-------over 30 years. It was great, but now I do other things---retired now for 23 years. I applaud your dedication and direction. I don't applaud your emotional and somewhat ugly comments about other's, but that is your choice, of course. Like I said----"carry on" and God speed..

BornFisher - 7-21-2019 at 07:40 PM

The ocean has risen over 400' in the last 20,000 years. Who is to blame?

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 07:55 PM

The old-timers did it-----THEIR to blame!! Selfish old-timers!!!

(Somebody has to be blamed,apparently!!!) (-:

bajafam - 7-21-2019 at 08:33 PM

Nah, just blame the kids. Damn kids. ruining everything.

also, it's they're.

It's Best to be Awake

MrBillM - 7-21-2019 at 09:01 PM

When voting:

" ......... I will just vote my conscious ........ "

Given the results, it might seem that many vote while unconscious, though.

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 10:07 PM

Nah, just blame the kids. Damn kids. ruining everything.

also, it's they're.

"They're" is a word I have never used in my life!! Strange, eh? but thanks for straightening THAT out for me .

My 4-kids are great, all Conservatives, and all doing really well.

TRUMP IN 2020. (boy, this thread has deteriorated)

Barry A. - 7-21-2019 at 10:12 PM

Barry, where did you get your information pre-internet?

From anywhere I could-----Mags, news papers, TV news, Radio, etc. I still get most news from the same.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 10:43 AM

For the record, they're is a contraction of they are. Their denotes possession. There is a place.

Glad to help.

Not sure why I should care about your marooon of choice, but okay.

Barry A. - 7-22-2019 at 12:18 PM

For the record, they're is a contraction of they are. Their denotes possession. There is a place.

Glad to help.

Hmmmm? I meant to denote "blame" and ownership when I said THEIR to blame. Is not that "possession"-----do they not possess the blame? (Probably not, but that is what I intended to say)

Lee - 7-22-2019 at 01:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
I meant to denote "blame" and ownership when I said THEIR to blame. Is not that "possession"-----do they not possess the blame

O M G. :rolleyes::O

Easy to recognize the education and intelligence of the boot licking scum sucking supporters of President Bone Spurs, you know, President Grab Them By The Pu$$y?

Make America Great Again -- LOCK THAT A$$HOLE UP!

On topic: yeah, the coast is falling into the ocean. PROFEPA doing something about the fed zone? Doubt it.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 02:14 PM

Glad to help.

Hmmmm? I meant to denote "blame" and ownership when I said THEIR to blame. Is not that "possession"-----do they not possess the blame? (Probably not, but that is what I intended to say)

Are you serious?
The blame is theirs.
They're (they are) to blame.

I didn't mean to confuse you with first grade grammar. My deepest condolences.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 03:46 PM

So I should shut my lady hole on up then, shouldn't I?
I'm biting my tongue and my typing fingers because I want to say some very unladylike things to you...ugh.

Funny you had nothing to say when I refuted your palm tree nonsense, but educating an old man about grammar, how dare I.

You're the reason I haven't posted on this forum for so long. Your incessant need to boost your posts and comment inane b.s. on every. single. post. is annoying af.

I wish I could block you like I did on FB.

FTR, our "meeting" was a "hey" in passing in a parking lot. We never ate dinner together, we never spoke for more than a few minutes. No matter what you posted here.

You're only defending Barry because he shares the same science guy denying rhetoric as you. Lord, how I yearn for the days of arguing with Skeet Loreto. At least he was entertaining.

Be nice? Be nice? Good gravy, man. Being nice doesn't make environmental disaster go away. Being nice doesn't make the Vaquita come back from the dead. I AM NICE. But I'm not a stupid old fool.

Lock me up for hysteria and the vapors, yo. Make America ignore reality again. Be nice. Ef off.

Trolling level infinity, David. You're awesome. Pat yourself on the back for driving yet another member away from this washed up forum and your never ending narcissistic egocentric blah, blah, blah.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 03:49 PM

BTW, your book sucks and you're a crappy writer.

Tioloco - 7-22-2019 at 03:57 PM

Look at the bright side, DavidK….
You didn't get labeled a racist yet.

Barry A. - 7-22-2019 at 04:08 PM

I'm biting my tongue and my typing fingers because I want to say some very unladylike things to you...ugh.

Funny you had nothing to say when I refuted your palm tree nonsense, but educating an old man about grammar, how dare I.

You're the reason I haven't posted on this forum for so long. Your incessant need to boost your posts and comment inane b.s. on every. single. post. is annoying af.

FTR, our "meeting" was a "hey" in passing in a parking lot. We never ate dinner together, we never spoke for more than a few minutes. No matter what you posted here.

You're only defending Barry because he shares the same science guy denying rhetoric as you. Lord, how I yearn for the days of arguing with Skeet Loreto. At least he was entertaining.

Be nice? Be nice? Good gravy, man. Being nice doesn't make environmental disaster go away. Being nice doesn't make the Vaquita come back from the dead. I AM NICE. But I'm not a stupid old fool.

Lock me up for hysteria and the vapors, yo. Make America ignore reality again. Be nice. Ef off.

Trolling level infinity, David. You're awesome. Pat yourself on the
back for driving yet another member away from this washed up forum and your never ending narcissistic egocentric blah, blah, blah.

Well, bless your heart, Fam. All this time I thought you were a he, not a she. I am not in the least offended, but I appreciate being defended by David. The grammar-thing is hilarious, and I do make mistakes like that and have all my adult life, but hopefully not that many. I wish your grammar-lesson would stick, but it probably won't. Life-long habits are hard to break. Thanks for trying, tho. As for David-----he is the primary reason I have stayed with NOMADS all these years---an encyclopedia of Baja knowledge, for sure, as are others. I don't recall ever reading anything from you that I thought was helpful concerning Baja (etc.), however. Oh well, different strokes, and all that.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 04:24 PM

Aw, thanks. It warms my heart that there is sooooo much love on this forum for people like David. I also appreciate you putting me in my place.

This thread began as fish traps but somehow delineated to politics, Palm Tree Science, misogyny, and the like. Typical. I don't know why that continues to surprise me, but it does.

Of course, you haven't read anything of mine. I don't post here anymore because it's rife with nonsense and every thread has to be about David. Of course, I write nothing helpful. I cannot stomach the inane comments from people who just post to boost their post count and make threads about themselves.

Oh well. I haven't read anything helpful from you either, except that the education system obviously failed you...coolio.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 04:28 PM

Oh, and David. The first thing you stated when our home was burnt to the ground was that someone must really hate us. So much for being nice, right?

paranewbi - 7-22-2019 at 04:55 PM

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

Pacifico - 7-22-2019 at 04:57 PM

And yet ANOTHER BN thread goes into the crapper.....

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 05:19 PM

I am not a guy, David. I have never been a guy. And you know this. I've said this to you on multiple occasions, yet you keep pretending you don't know this so that you can keep this charade going on, and on, and on.

On the original thread of our family home being burned, you insinuated that someone must really hate us to do such a thing to our home, and you reiterated it again here. Apparently, you know us so well, and our community, to know that people hate us so much that they would set our home on fire.

As a person (woman) with a Master's Degree in Creative Writing and Secondary English Education, I know a "little bit" about writing and readability. Your prose is unreadable and sounds like a brain dump of dry data and boring figures. It has no rhythm, no voice, no cadence, no soul.

I know, I know. If I don't like it, I should leave, right? You don't get to have that authority over me, sir, and you can keep "whatabouting" until you pee people off so you think you win with your science-denying ridiculousness.

This thread was about fish traps, and you made it about YOU. YOU did that. YOU brought up the stupid idiocy of palm trees and misogyny and everyone hates my family so that's why my home was burnt to the ground. Then you have the audacity to tell me to be nice. F> YOU>

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by bajafam]

mtgoat666 - 7-22-2019 at 05:26 PM

This website needs natural history forum that is DK-free, where people can talk baja nature w/o the bloviator, eh?

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 06:36 PM

Oh. And how f'ing dare you bring up a traumatizing event that happened FIVE YEARS AGO to my family and young children in order to put me in my place. How disgusting are you?

How about a Baja trip report? Just go to the beach? Life is good? Be nice? Oh, btw, here's a reminder of the most horrific incident of your Baja dream, and how I, David K, decided that people must REALLY HATE YOU or why would that have happened to you?

Be NICE? That's NICE, you POS? The ONLY reason you would even bring that up is to intentionally cause harm to me. Is that what you consider to be NICE in a conversation about science, fish traps, and sea-level fluctuation? You're disgusting. Period. End.

bajafam - 7-22-2019 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
This website needs natural history forum that is DK-free, where people can talk baja nature w/o the bloviator, eh?

I will use this forever and ever on every DK post.

Bloviator.

Nothing else needed.

Thanks, MtGoat <3

BajaRat - 7-22-2019 at 07:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Too bad you feel that need to dislike people... Your home burning came across as someone who either didn't want you in Asuncion or just an act of vandalism. I couldn't figure out why anyone would pick on such a nice family, so that was my response. So, now I am a bad guy because I was upset at what happened to you? OK, well, whatever...
Anyway, it was uncool the way you talked to Barry, in my opinion... and now this. I don't get why there are a few Baja people who just don't want to be nice to others and get behind the keyboard and lash out.
Think about the motto here: Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos.

Your Passive Aggressive crap Dave is sometimes just too much to take.
Why do you think so many folks just can't sit by and take it.

I would love to have an educated discussion about Baja, its joys and issues but it usually degrades to some politically driven agenda.

I listen to your palm tree and Shell Island analogies of true science but when folks bring up reasons why this scientific observation is either lacking tangible or verifiable evidence you don't respond to their post and come out lashing and frustrated.

And here's where I'm coming in Dave

"Too bad you feel that need to dislike people..." Rather forward of you to presume how others feel.

"Your home burning came across as someone who either didn't want you in Asuncion or just an act of vandalism. I couldn't figure out why anyone would pick on such a nice family, so that was my response"

Once again your cruel and presumptuous take on things is disgusting and hurtful and completely insensitive to my family and community.

"So, now I am a bad guy because I was upset at what happened to you? OK, well, whatever... "

That's not the response of a compassionate man.

" I don't get why there are a few Baja people who just don't want to be nice to others and get behind the keyboard and lash out.
Think about the motto here: Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos."

Take your own advise my man,
YOU'VE lost ALL your street cred with this family my man
Lionel :cool:

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by BajaRat]

drzura - 7-22-2019 at 08:32 PM

Maybe you should just go see a shrink... it might make you feel better. It might even save your life... sheesh, "you're" about ready to have a stroke there buddy. Is there a full moon? Left wing loonie toons are out in full force. :o

Trolling level infinity, David. You're awesome. Pat yourself on the back for driving yet another member away from this washed up forum and your never ending narcissistic egocentric blah, blah, blah.

paranewbi - 7-23-2019 at 04:30 AM

Ah...the shrill of it all.

At least SHE has Goat on her side.

paranewbi - 7-23-2019 at 05:08 AM

Oh. And how f'ing dare you bring up a traumatizing event that happened FIVE YEARS AGO to my family and young children in order to put me in my place. How disgusting are you?

How about a Baja trip report? Just go to the beach? Life is good? Be nice? Oh, btw, here's a reminder of the most horrific incident of your Baja dream, and how I, David K, decided that people must REALLY HATE YOU or why would that have happened to you?

Be NICE? That's NICE, you POS? The ONLY reason you would even bring that up is to intentionally cause harm to me. Is that what you consider to be NICE in a conversation about science, fish traps, and sea-level fluctuation? You're disgusting. Period. End.

The other side of life...

"The women and men that I have met through Scentsy have forged life long friendships that go far beyond warmers and wax. As an only child, my Scentsy Sisters have become an extension of myself, and I find myself leaning on them in tough times, and laughing with them when the mood is light. Scentsy has given me more than just a way to make a little extra spending cash. Scentsy has given me a family across the globe, and that is truly special. It is now my sixth year with Scentsy, and I am continually amazed by the new offerings every season. It truly just keeps getting better and better. My goal for this year is to find a balance between my life as a firefighter's wife, activist, homeschooing mom of two, living on an off-grid ranch, traveling as much as possible and a full time Scentsy consultant. It can be a struggle, but the rewards are many."

That ther's some gud writ'n

Pacifico - 7-23-2019 at 05:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

The other side of life...

"The women and men that I have met through Scentsy have forged life long friendships that go far beyond warmers and wax. As an only child, my Scentsy Sisters have become an extension of myself, and I find myself leaning on them in tough times, and laughing with them when the mood is light. Scentsy has given me more than just a way to make a little extra spending cash. Scentsy has given me a family across the globe, and that is truly special. It is now my sixth year with Scentsy, and I am continually amazed by the new offerings every season. It truly just keeps getting better and better. My goal for this year is to find a balance between my life as a firefighter's wife, activist, homeschooing mom of two, living on an off-grid ranch, traveling as much as possible and a full time Scentsy consultant. It can be a struggle, but the rewards are many."

That ther's some gud writ'n

Oh My!!!!! Is this a typo that I see??? Homeschooing...is that a word? I guess what we can take away from this is that "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and that a person (woman) with a Master's Degree in Creative Writing and Secondary English Education isn't always correct.

I think you owe Barry an apology, Mrs. Vangurp! Were you confused with your first grade grammar or was it just a simple mistake?

paranewbi - 7-23-2019 at 06:38 AM

And me thinkst that DK should write more about his emotional connection to the people he travels with and how he is given more than extra spending cash from the ruins he writes about.

And if David would just order some Scentsy from Michelle's sales page he would find just what he is feeling in his relationship to all of his friends on BN.

Unless it drives him to rant and cus about another individual that drives him crazy...then pleeeze dump the Scentsy.

And we should all participate in a thread on just what our 'goals in life' are this year! That would be my happy place.

Every one except DK of course.

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by paranewbi]

JoeJustJoe - 7-23-2019 at 06:41 AM

She also has me on her side. Anybody that could whip David K like she did has my vote.

As we see the old men juveniles ultra conservatives type are now ganging up to bash a women. Real brave guys.

It brings up another point we need new blood on this site including women and minorities instead of group think old farts who collectively do not believe in global warming.

If you guys ventured out in the real world and repeated what you old guys repeat here, you would be laughed at.

paranewbi - 7-23-2019 at 07:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

She also has me on her side. Anybody that could whip David K like she did has my vote.

As we see the old men juveniles ultra conservatives type are now ganging up to bash a women. Real brave guys.

It brings up another point we need new blood on this site including women and minorities instead of group think old farts who collectively do not believe in global warming.

If you guys ventured out in the real world and repeated what you old guys repeat here, you would be laughed at.

Got Scentsy Joe?

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 08:14 AM

Thanks for the clicks on my biz page, ya'll! That's awesome. I also appreciate the impromptu proofreading. Shew. That typo's been there a while. Do I need to pay you for your masterful skills, or is that a pro bono sample?

As you are well aware, no writer in the history of writing has ever made a typo. Guess that makes me the first! I am somebody!! Woot!

I would, however, like to see where I stated that I was always correct. I'll wait. I'm not the one repeating ad nauseam that a palm tree proves there's no such thing as sea-level rise, or that my magic powers of casual observation and photo comparison disproves 150 years of global scientific data, but okie dokie.

As for the personal attacks upon my person and my side hustle, you've just proven my "loonie tune" rant. I don't owe Barry an apology about pointing out his misuse of a word. He even went on to say he had never in his 81 years of life heard or read the word "they're" so it was more than a mere typo.

As for the rest, I guess it's cool that David insinuated I deserved to have my home burned down, and then tried to gaslight me. No worries. I know my place and that I should just hush and let the old men do all the caterwauling.

Maybe I should photocopy some typed up pages and bad photos, then bind them and call them a book, too! I can call it The Magic Palm Tree, or Why Aren't the Science Guys Listening to the Things I Can See With My Own Eyes?

Oh, wait. That's already taken. Darnnit. Now I'll never be a real writer. Oh, the humanity!

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 08:37 AM

David K - it is hard to imagine that anyone the 'Amigo Country' would harbor such hate to do this?

bajafam - I don't think it was done in "hate". I truly don't feel that way, at all. It sucks, whatever the circumstances.

David K - It wasn't done out of love...

Guess my reading comprehension is chite, eh? It wasn't done out of love. Once again, though, thanks for the gaslight.

David K - 7-23-2019 at 09:04 AM

Yes, I remember that exchange. Again, why do you think that burning your house is an act of love, or that my reply was some kind of negative against you guys? So sorry, but I was feeling your pain as if it could happen to any of us Nomads who set up a homestead there. How else did you think anyone seeing the flaming photos should react to such a crime? Even if the fire wasn't intentional, your home was broken into and then careless or not, the criminal set fire to it. I am very sorry it happened to you or to anyone here.

Barry A. - 7-23-2019 at 09:11 AM

I don't owe Barry an apology about pointing out his misuse of a word. He even went on to say he had never in his 81 years of life heard or read the word "they're" so it was more than a mere typo.

Er Ah, Fam, you have misquoted me. What I exactly actually said was:

"They're" is a word I have never used in my life!! Strange, eh?"

It was not "a typo". I simply never have used the word "they're", out of ignorance. I view mis-quoting as a form of spin, and it is done all the time to change the meaning of what other's said, and, to me, tends to confirms my feeling that much on the internet is BS, or at least to be taken with a grain-of-salt.

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 09:20 AM

Yes, that's it.

Anyway, back to the thread, and science...something that doesn't send chills of fear or hysteria through the hearts and minds of normal people.

What makes you think that sea-level rise would be discernible to the casual observation? Do you truly believe you possess some super viewer insight that all the super sciencey guys have overlooked?

Your arrogance is astounding; which is probably why my inbox has been active with U2Us and FB messages with people telling me not to waste my time trying to have any discussion curmudgeonly old rocks. LOL.

Hate to disrupt your personal sandbox, Davey. I'll just keep rolling my eyes at your anti-science rhetoric until they pop out and cruise on down the road, never to be seen again.

Gosh, I miss Skeet.

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 09:24 AM

I don't owe Barry an apology about pointing out his misuse of a word. He even went on to say he had never in his 81 years of life heard or read the word "they're" so it was more than a mere typo.

Er Ah, Fam, you have misquoted me. What I exactly actually said was:

"They're" is a word I have never used in my life!! Strange, eh?"

It was not "a typo". I simply never have used the word "they're", out of ignorance. I view mis-quoting as a form of spin, and it is done all the time to change the meaning of what other's said, and, to me, tends to confirms my feeling that much on the internet is BS, or at least to be taken with a grain-of-salt.

I was paraphrasing you, not quoting you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Though I still fail to see how you could go 81 years without contracting they are. Oh well, there are bigger fish to fry. (Though I don't fry fish as they're sentient beings and I don't eat'em anymore.)

caj13 - 7-23-2019 at 10:11 AM

Hey David,

It must have slipped your mind, but 2 weeks ago I asked you:
"can you provide me a source of the liberal Media saying the Maldives would be under water by now? I would really like to fact check that story! "
I assumed you would very quickly jump on that and provide references, seeing as how that would support your claim. So I'm a bit confused as to why still no sources?

I'm assuming it just must have slipped your mind, so just a gentle reminder ought to help out - right?

and while you are at it, perhaps you need to head over to Miami, and straighten those international real estate investors out - they are all buying up property in higher elevation areas of Miami,

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/29/climate-gentrification-is-ch...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-miami-high-gr...

and hidden in there is the fact that a 1 meter rise in sea level will inundate 10% of Florida - better head over there with your palm tree eh!
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/252fd8_fc093bd4aebe4724aa...

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by caj13]

David K - 7-23-2019 at 10:25 AM

Skeet was a good friend... I also miss seeing Neal Johns here, too.

Not that it will change your feelings, but facts are facts. I never said the sea level was not rising. I have only shown the rise is so tiny with my photos that the hysteria is unwarranted. Things change and man is not more powerful than Nature. Thinking we can reverse a natural change by taking money away from working families is just so silly.

When do you think that palm tree will be in the water at every high tide or any high tide? That would show the sea level is about 12 inches higher than in 1936. I bet it will be a hundred years or more if that soon. The sea is simply going back to where it was in pre-history when the earth was naturally warmer and life flourished.

Anyway, these are predictions, guesses, and not facts. I am showing a fact of where the sea is now and where it was 80 years ago. You are excited about where it might be in 1,000 years or maybe just 100 years. Beach hotels are still going up and all is well in the Maldives.

Off the Internet: The average height of this country of coral beaches is around 4 feet above sea level, and the highest point in the entire nation is just under 8 feet (about 2.4 meters).

SFandH - 7-23-2019 at 10:33 AM

DK,

Why do you think so many scientists are saying that global warming and subsequent sea-level rise is due to the burning of fossil fuels? Are they mistaken or are they lying?

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by SFandH]

BajaTed - 7-23-2019 at 10:49 AM

Thanks for the clicks on my biz page, ya'll! That's awesome. I also appreciate the impromptu proofreading. Shew. That typo's been there a while. Do I need to pay you for your masterful skills, or is that a pro bono sample?

As you are well aware, no writer in the history of writing has ever made a typo. Guess that makes me the first! I am somebody!! Woot!

I would, however, like to see where I stated that I was always correct. I'll wait. I'm not the one repeating ad nauseam that a palm tree proves there's no such thing as sea-level rise, or that my magic powers of casual observation and photo comparison disproves 150 years of global scientific data, but okie dokie.

As for the personal attacks upon my person and my side hustle, you've just proven my "loonie tune" rant. I don't owe Barry an apology about pointing out his misuse of a word. He even went on to say he had never in his 81 years of life heard or read the word "they're" so it was more than a mere typo.

As for the rest, I guess it's cool that David insinuated I deserved to have my home burned down, and then tried to gaslight me. No worries. I know my place and that I should just hush and let the old men do all the caterwauling.

Maybe I should photocopy some typed up pages and bad photos, then bind them and call them a book, too! I can call it The Magic Palm Tree, or Why Aren't the Science Guys Listening to the Things I Can See With My Own Eyes?

Oh, wait. That's already taken. Darnnit. Now I'll never be a real writer. Oh, the humanity!

I haven't heard the word "caterwauling" since my Mom passed. She related caterwauling to discussions among "folks that got no more sense than God gave a Duck"
Indiana logic at its best

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 10:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

I haven't heard the word "caterwauling" since my Mom passed. She related caterwauling to discussions among "folks that got no more sense than God gave a Duck"
Indiana logic at its best

Your mama was spot on, Ted. It's a great word and should be used more often in modern conversation. We're inundated with simplistic verbiage and poorly constructed sentences in every aspect of our lives. It's a shame.

gnukid - 7-23-2019 at 10:53 AM

Maldives and Florida are two very different scenarios, now conflated by caj13 to cast fear of looming anthropogenic climate catastrophe.

Prior to and after the Maldives were hit by a tsunami in 2005 that flooded and destroyed many low lying islands, there were claims Maldives would be under water soon since its an atoll that is barely above sea level to begin with, though, it appears to be doing quite well with a surprising increase in average elevation in recent years, while Florida is suffering from over use of water resources causing highly populated shoreline developments to sink.

These two locations are excellent examples of the use of promoted rhetoric confusing and conflating vastly different situations to support that false theory of CAGW that caj13 is desperate to support for the purpose of economic and political control.

The fake claims of anthropogenic climate catastrophe are used by corrupt politicians from Al Gore, to Bernie Sanders to AOC + 3 and caj13 to generate fear and raise funds and use those funds to live lavish hypocritical lives consuming and polluting jetting around in planes and limos to parties.

There will always be people who want to live at sea level at the waters edge or even below sea level, or in flood plains, (arroyos) and then complain there is a risk of rising water and floods. A solution is to move to a place that is higher elevation and discourage others from building and living where risk of flooding exists.

In addition to catastrophic climate change fear, you should worry about being hit by an asteroid, lighting, tidal wave and being eaten by sharks or worse, be fearful of corrupt politicians promoting fear rhetoric to support the Green New Deal, it's designed to upend the economics of the USA and Mexico and create a new economy totally managed and controlled by corrupt politicians and people like caj13 who support it, I wonder why?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepa...

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/11/un-experts-maldives-t...

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/islands-sea-level-...

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/how-the-maldives-can-av...

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by gnukid]

MMc - 7-23-2019 at 11:00 AM

"As the keyboard turns." As on most threads, DK manages to make it about himself. I used to take him up on exposing areas that I hold dear, I gave up. He is steadfast in his view of things.
I am reminded of Mark Twain quote“ Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
Feel free to correct any misspelling here.

David K - 7-23-2019 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
DK,

Why do you think so many scientists are saying that global warming and subsequent sea-level rise is due to the burning of fossil fuels? Are they mistaken or are they lying?

I don't know what they are thinking in their minds... It surely will keep them funded by people such as those on this forum who know only how to insult and not compromise. At least I have agreed climate and the sea is changing (it always has and always will).

Like religion, this man-made climate change belief will continue to be believed without a shred of actual evidence beyond the tiny fluctuation of their satellite measurements. The only problem is there were no satellite measurements in 1936... just a silly old palm tree at the edge of the sea. None of the predictions from Al Gore have happened, and he is the Messiah on this.

Clearly, the goal is to make the central government more powerful, get votes from the sheep that follow them, and that means you will have less freedom, less money. Nothing in climate or sea level will change from those actions.

Did you ever read the story about Chicken Little? How about The Emperor's New Clothes? Both apply to this groupthink subject.

I don't insist anyone believe anything I say and I don't make enemies of people who think differently. I am not worried about the sea level change because it just isn't happening in any way that affects anyone. Someday maybe... hundreds of years from now. People will just adapt and they will have lots of time to. Enjoy life and enjoy the planet. Do something to stop the spread of man's evil, like making the government your god as in socialism and communism.

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
"As the keyboard turns." As on most threads, DK manages to make it about himself. I used to take him up on exposing areas that I hold dear, I gave up. He is steadfast in his view of things.
I am reminded of Mark Twain quote“ Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

To prove you are not correct about my motives, I will remove my off-topic posts made before this morning and invite those who also posted off-topic and just to attack others, to do the same. I will remove this after you read it, as well. Peace to you MMc.

Might as well delete the whole forum then.

bajabuddha - 7-23-2019 at 01:23 PM

"The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on. And all your piety nor your wit can scarce erase a line of it".

...... from Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam.

Another version:
“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by bajabuddha]

norte - 7-23-2019 at 01:57 PM

Good Lord...I did not post this so it could be all about David K.

Barry A. - 7-23-2019 at 02:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

It's not, NORTE, other than in a few peoples mind who appear to be obsessed with damaging David K for reasons only they really know as their points are lost on many, including me. . :?:

SFandH - 7-23-2019 at 02:10 PM

DK,

I don't know what they are thinking in their minds... It surely will keep them funded .................

So you think scientists around the world and venerable organizations such as the American Association for the Advancement of Science have conspired to produce mountains of data to perpetuate a hoax for the purpose of producing paychecks?

Is that it?

I'd really like to know how you can just dismiss what the vast majority of scientists have to say.

SFandH - 7-23-2019 at 02:19 PM

Clearly, the goal is to make the central government more powerful, get votes from the sheep that follow them, and that means you will have less freedom, less money.

I found it. This is why the scientists are perpetuating the global warming hoax.

Of course!

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by SFandH]

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 02:35 PM

Duh.

It's a worldwide conspiracy to get you to vote Democrat.

willardguy - 7-23-2019 at 03:08 PM

It's not, NORTE, other than in a few peoples mind who appear to be obsessed with damaging David K for reasons only they really know as their points are lost on many, including me. . :?:

I think Michelle outlined it pretty clearly....:rolleyes:

bajabuddha - 7-23-2019 at 04:39 PM

x 2 wilard.

Not all of us belong to the DK Fan Club. Seems some think it's a prerequisite of membership here. He sticks to maps and his missions, fine. When he ventures into his politic/science drivel he borderlines demagoguery and martyrism. The guy really needs and craves attention at any rate. "Me, My and I" get really old after a while. Bajafam is SPOT ON.

Reminds me of a 'soapbox' story of Tijuana I heard somewhere down the line (no, I don't have a LINK for those anal sticklers here). Seems back in the early 20th century... and I mean EARLY.... Tijuana was a playground for the Hollywood elite as there were much fewer rules and laws, so partying dawgs could get away with mucho.

In those days budding American politicians would go down, find a 'venue' and set their (litteral) soapbox up, and practice their stump-speech talents for their upcoming election runs. As the story goes, one-such BLOW-HARD found a nice hotel with a courtyard to 'orate his political position'.

Apparently the Barrymore Bro's and William Claude Fields were staying at that well-known hotel. They were totally unamused by the stumping of the huff'n'puff politico a story below their rooms, so being rather..... well toasty, they stood at the balustrade and urinated down on the hapless jerk.

Apparently la policia stormed the hotel, a great fracas ensued, and the boyz prolly spent a little while in the Tijuana slammer, palms eventually greased.

Ah, for the good ol' daze. :spingrin:

JohnGaltSpeaking - 7-23-2019 at 05:55 PM

the validity of climate change is a not an issue. most of the climate deniers in the government and the private sector know that climate change is real and man-made because they are educated. they just won't admit it because it isn't in their interest to do so. the private sector denies it because doing so will allow them to make more money and the politicians deny it for the vote.
the real issue is the amount of people who don't understand the true intentions of the climate deniers that hold any real position of power. why? because that amount of people is what doesn't allow for any change in policy. a businessman will change if there is any money in it and a politician will change if the vote does. as hard as it might be for people to accept, nobody in power is really to blame. it is the willful ignorance of the people who choose to believe in those with power. many issues in history are non issues today just because the people changed, not because a change in business ethics or a new awareness in politics. child labor, segregation, women's suffrage were all issues, until they weren't. did those in power all of a suden wake up? have a change of heart? no. people did. and those in power were right there to accomodate.

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by JohnGaltSpeaking]

Barry A. - 7-23-2019 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
x 2 wilard.

Not all of us belong to the DK Fan Club. Seems some think it's a prerequisite of membership here. He sticks to maps and his missions, fine. When he ventures into his politic/science drivel he borderlines demagoguery and martyrism. The guy really needs and craves attention at any rate. "Me, My and I" get really old after a while. Bajafam is SPOT ON.

Reminds me of a 'soapbox' story of Tijuana I heard somewhere down the line (no, I don't have a LINK for those anal sticklers here). Seems back in the early 20th century... and I mean EARLY.... Tijuana was a playground for the Hollywood elite as there were much fewer rules and laws, so partying dawgs could get away with mucho.

In those days budding American politicians would go down, find a 'venue' and set their (litteral) soapbox up, and practice their stump-speech talents for their upcoming election runs. As the story goes, one-such BLOW-HARD found a nice hotel with a courtyard to 'orate his political position'.

Apparently the Barrymore Bro's and William Claude Fields were staying at that well-known hotel. They were totally unamused by the stumping of the huff'n'puff politico a story below their rooms, so being rather..... well toasty, they stood at the balustrade and urinated down on the hapless jerk.

Apparently la policia stormed the hotel, a great fracas ensued, and the boyz prolly spent a little while in the Tijuana slammer, palms eventually greased.

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT which is described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! Pee on them (literally)!! It is so tragic that they do this,, but I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.

Carry on!!! (We sure see things differently)

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by Barry A.]

willardguy - 7-23-2019 at 06:08 PM

x 2 wilard.

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! (It is so funny,, and I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.)

Carry on!!!

damn those "eletes"!

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 06:11 PM

Dear Lord.
Did you mean elotes??? I freaking love elotes.

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by bajafam]

Barry A. - 7-23-2019 at 06:13 PM

"Damn" them?? Well, no. But I have always been sad that they act like this, and hope they never achieve any real power.

Remember to vote!!!!!

willardguy - 7-23-2019 at 06:20 PM

the heat in Redding WILL cook your brain I suppose...........

SFandH - 7-23-2019 at 06:22 PM

Barry, have your great-grandkid install a spell checker on your computer.

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 06:23 PM

I think he just hates corn.
Sad.

willardguy - 7-23-2019 at 06:33 PM

now davids gonna want us to apologize?:P

paranewbi - 7-23-2019 at 06:56 PM

Sad.

And don't anybody bring up those fish eat'n peoples...

"Though I don't fry fish as they're sentient beings and I don't eat'em anymore." (Bajafam)

sentient
[ˈsen(t)SH(ē)ənt]
ADJECTIVE
able to perceive or feel things.
"she had been instructed from birth in the equality of all sentient life forms"

Lee - 7-23-2019 at 07:55 PM

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT which is described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! Pee on them (literally)!! It is so tragic that they do this,, but I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.

Carry on!!! (We sure see things differently)

Sound off all you want Barry. If the conservative POV you're writing about involves morality, then put a lid on it. Don't give a F' about your morals whether it's conservative or liberal.

You probably share DK's POV here paraphrased: I choose the side of patriotism and the side that doesn't kill babies.

This might be the wrong forum for conservatives. Enemy of the US. Enemy of the people.

pacificobob - 7-23-2019 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
x 2 wilard.

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! (It is so funny,, and I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.)

Carry on!!!

damn those "eletes"!
[/rquote

AND their "uppity " educations!

del mar - 7-23-2019 at 08:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
x 2 wilard.

Carry on!!!

damn those "eletes"!
[/rquote

AND their "uppity " educations!

"eletes"? close enough for federal work! :biggrin:

bajafam - 7-23-2019 at 08:27 PM

Sad.

And don't anybody bring up those fish eat'n peoples...

"Though I don't fry fish as they're sentient beings and I don't eat'em anymore." (Bajafam)

sentient
[ˈsen(t)SH(ē)ənt]
ADJECTIVE
able to perceive or feel things.
"she had been instructed from birth in the equality of all sentient life forms"

Yeah, fish are sentient. I really don't care if you feel that way or not. I no longer eat animals, or anything that poops. If that's your bag, have at it.

bajabuddha - 7-23-2019 at 08:32 PM

Jayzus, my point was, the soap-boxer was deserving of a golden shower for disturbing the peace; NOT what he was preaching, but the fact he was a pain in the patootie. PERIOD.

These trumpanzees are touchy-touchy lately. :smug:

Barry A. - 7-23-2019 at 08:43 PM

Well, I will ask my grandchild (no 'great' ones yet), but at 3 I am not too hopeful she can. I think I do have a spell-checker on my computer??? What did I (it?) miss this time?

On edit: Oh oh, it's elite, not elete. My spell checker totally missed it. Darn-------my bad! I'm OLD, dam-it!!!

BajaRat - 7-23-2019 at 08:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  

To prove you are not correct about my motives, I will remove my off-topic posts made before this morning and invite those who also posted off-topic and just to attack others, to do the same. I will remove this after you read it, as well. Peace to you MMc.

What !
You Are Only Deleting Your Statements So You Can Deny Your Past
And Attempt To Control Your Future

Sorry son, the damage you create is the future you reap. I'll be glad to save this for you !
Be real and stand up for what you say,
lest you be perceived as a bloviator with no spine.

OH ! To Late !

BajaRat - 7-23-2019 at 09:10 PM

To Late !
David Bloviator K strikes again !

Thanks though Norte, its an important topic,
I'd love to here what other communities are dealing with and what they are ( staying away from their ) doing about it .

Barry A. - 7-23-2019 at 10:18 PM

Fam and Rat are approaching evil, and may be already there!
It is simply unbelievable to me, but it is happening..

Barry

SFandH - 7-24-2019 at 04:40 AM

Well, I will ask my grandchild (no 'great' ones yet), but at 3 I am not too hopeful she can. I think I do have a spell-checker on my computer??? What did I (it?) miss this time?

On edit: Oh oh, it's elite, not elete. My spell checker totally missed it. Darn-------my bad! I'm OLD, dam-it!!!

Old dawg, new tricks? Naw. This may work for you, depends upon the browser you use. This is for Chrome. Free.

https://www.grammarly.com/

Barry A. - 7-24-2019 at 08:17 AM

SF&H---------many thanks!! I will give it a try and see what happens. I truly appreciate this.

Barry

SFandH - 7-24-2019 at 08:23 AM

Hope it works for you. There are many features that will improve anybody's writing. Automated writing aids are getting pretty sophisticated these days.

https://www.grammarly.com/

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by SFandH]

bajafam - 7-24-2019 at 11:31 AM

Fam and Rat are approaching evil, and may be already there!
It is simply unbelievable to me, but it is happening..

Barry

So it's evil to stand up to bloviators and their minions, now?
I guess not falling in line with the "Honored Nomad" makes me evil.
meh. I've been called worse.

I agree with the use of Grammarly. It's a great tool. I use it daily when I write because even a seasoned writer makes typos and other grammatical errors. No one is perfect. However, I never called you evil because of it, but whatevs. It's all gravy, I suppose.

Does anyone know anything back on topic about how PROFEPA would deal with concessions and the like? I know many older properties that are slowly falling into the sea, yet the owners still pay concessions for property that truly no longer exists. Is there a proposal for a change to that as well, I wonder?

wessongroup - 7-25-2019 at 09:48 AM

Not sure I'll notice the difference :):)

TMW - 7-25-2019 at 11:41 AM

I'm still waiting for my house to become beachfront property. I want to make a sand castle.

David K - 7-25-2019 at 11:44 AM

Tom, you are too far away from that (in geologic time, that is)!
Stockton, just north of you in the Central Valley, is a sea-level port where cargo ships sail up from San Francisco Bay.

Pages:  1  2