BajaNomad

San Felipe robbery/arson

HeyMulegeScott - 7-26-2019 at 04:39 PM

A nice young lady we met in San Felipe had her house robbed and then burned down.

One of her cousins started a GoFundMe to help her recover -
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jenny-ferrando-rebuild?utm_m...

JZ - 7-26-2019 at 05:03 PM

Why is every other thread on here about some crime related event.

Does no one on here go to Baja, or live in Baja, to have fun and explore.

Post some stories and pics ppl. There is more to life than doom and gloom.

Bajazly - 7-26-2019 at 05:57 PM

Where abouts in San Felipe was this? In town or out?

mtgoat666 - 7-26-2019 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Three2tango  
A nice young lady we met in San Felipe had her house robbed and then burned down.

One of her cousins started a GoFundMe to help her recover -
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jenny-ferrando-rebuild?utm_m...

Can you provide proof the events really happened? Perhaps a link to a news article on the events? Sorry, but I am suspicious of gofundmes sometimes being scams little different than telling faux yarns for panhandling. The gofundme site doesn’t even have a pic of the burned house,... pic of lady looks like stock photo,... just saying!

[Edited on 7-27-2019 by mtgoat666]

JZ - 7-26-2019 at 11:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
here's an idea......why don't you two azzholes post this on the comment section on the gofundme site! :mad:

Why doesn't the op contribute more to the board?

236 post since 2009 and runs to the site for us to help someone who may or may not be in real distress. Think about that.

[Edited on 7-27-2019 by JZ]

JoeJustJoe - 7-27-2019 at 07:37 AM

So who is this woman? On Facebook, a Baja Jenny, writes on "San Felipe Chatter," her ordeal of not only getting her San Felipe home getting burned down, but also losing a good friend during a hiking accident. And sadly, she says she had no insurance.

She says she has a clean up crew in San Felipe, so she doesn't need any help with the clean up.

The young white American young woman on "GoFundMe, photos, is also in the photo collect on Baja Jenny's site, so maybe they are related, like mother and daughter.

The only Jenny Ferrando, that I can find in northern California, that fits the bio, is a 56 year old Jenny Ferrando.

The young woman in the photos seems to be in her late 20's or early 30's, and if she owns the San Felipe, home, she must be doing real good for herself, to be able to own a vacation home at such a young age, when people young people who age, can't even afford a home in California, and either rents or lives with the parents.

So call me confused? Who's home was both robbed and burned down, the older Jenny or young Jenny, or whatever their names are?

What kind of depraved souls, would not only rob a home, but also burn it to the ground? I know Mexicans would do that, right?

On Baja Jenny's Facebook page where she talks about the fire?????

bajafam - 7-27-2019 at 08:36 AM

Joe, that picture isn't her. It's her friend Pam Gomez and the gentleman that passed away, Nick Gomez. If you look at all through Baja Jenny's facebook there are dozens of pictures of her that are the same face as that on the gofundme.

BajaTed - 7-27-2019 at 09:26 AM

So let me get this straight; some people actually do more than read a BN thread along with maybe mentally framing a few things in their head about the thread and then finalize a thought.
What some do is actually take on some kind of arbiter role in their head due to whatever past challenge that sparks this response and they in turn start researching a complete stranger and practically DOX the person.

I knew love is strange

WTF, and so is the Internet, sorry just a creepy realization.....
Carry on.

HeyMulegeScott - 7-27-2019 at 09:27 AM

The comments in here are about what I expected to see but I figured it can't hurt to post the link. She's a real person and very involved in the community. We didn't go to San Felipe this year but our RV group did. My wife reached out to Jenny and she gladly helped coordinate them bringing down pet food for the local shelter and a beach cleanup - https://www.facebook.com/ResortTuristicoSanFelipe/photos/a.2...

JoeJustJoe - 7-27-2019 at 09:47 AM

Here is what Baja Jenny wrote, and she had the older woman's face on her Facebook profile:

Hi everyone, I've been a little preoccupied and am just now catching up on the rest of the world.

You are all so lovely.

Note: this is going to be long, I'll try and post a summary later.

I want to let you know I'm fine but coming off of two shocks; first the destruction of everything I had in San Felipe, then I found out my friend Nick died in a hiking accident.(thus my profile picture) It was a very difficult start to the week.

I've been juggling paperwork, reports, logistics and wallowing in sadness.

I had been up north, in part, for a 2nd year memorial for another friend. So I wasn't really in the best head space to begin with.

I haven't been ready to socialize or talk about this in person. It seems like a lot of emotional energy that I don't have in me.

At this time I am still figuring things out, but the cleanup of my property is underway and not (currently) in need of assistance.

I am so honored by the number of people who have offered to lend a hand and a shovel. --maybe we can make Sandcastles when this is over--

It has taken me some time to figure out what I needed as each day I'm faced with new information, challenges and acts of kindness.

I knew living where I do that there could be challenges, but I didn't expect this. It's upsetting but something I'll eventually get over. That process will be so much easier knowing I have your love & support.
(It's really overwhelming/ awe inspiring to feel this force of love from around the world)

At this time I am focusing on my short term goals:

-clean up my land for future redevelopment
(Not sure when future is nor what I'll develop)
- get settled in interim housing (in process)
- replace daily use items
- prepare car & self for upcoming LEOS (Lions club) annual meeting.
(I'm not going to let this trauma take away the things we have been working towards)

I had already planned to be out of San Felipe mid August - mid September.

I'll take that time to figure out the next steps.
I have all my reports filed.
I have cleanup crew on the property.
I have an interim space of my own.
I'm making progress.
I think that answers most questions.

To answer a few others:

No, I did not have insurance. I had thought the worse that would happen would be theft. This is beyond my Imagination.

Yes, it was everything I had in San Felipe.

Everything went up except what I had in my small suitcase... The one time I travel light...

Yes, I can use donated items. I'm in the process of setting up a "donation station" and putting together a list of items and their priority in my life.
I don't have a lot of storage space so, while I appreciate everyone's generosity, I can only take in so much right now.

I will let you all know when this is finalized.
I'm still processing the loss of Nick, a much deeper sadness.
Because San Felipe is a small community the tragedies feel more pronounced.

There is still so much good (look at yourselves as examples)
I know (because of many of your kind words) that it's important to focus on good. That's hard at the moment, but
Right now I'm looking forward to celebrating the ejidos 51st birthday on Saturday

And seeing all your sun kisses faces in the near future.

Thank you all for reaching out to help and organizing this fundraiser for those outside of San Felipe who wish to support me in my time of need.
I've still got a lot on my plate so thank you for your understanding if I don't respond in a timely fashion.

I am truly grateful for all of you.

Also, please don't die or get maimed or have a heart attack for the next 6 months (minimum). That would really be the best gift to me. As an extra incentive Ill give you a jar of my homemade Santa Rosa Plum or Meyer Lemon jam if you succeed.

wilderone - 7-27-2019 at 02:56 PM

Does anyone have a truck who wants to take a load of stuff down from San Diego? I could tag along - share gas. Camp overnight and return? Or probably easier just to stay in a hotel in town. Collect stuff for a week or so - check her "needed items" list. I've got a lot to donate.

grizzlyfsh95 - 7-27-2019 at 03:00 PM

What a bunch of Richards.

Whale-ista - 7-27-2019 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Does anyone have a truck who wants to take a load of stuff down from San Diego? I could tag along - share gas. Camp overnight and return? Or probably easier just to stay in a hotel in town. Collect stuff for a week or so - check her "needed items" list. I've got a lot to donate.

That's nice of you to offer help. I have a small (6' bed) truck with a shell that can carry a fair amount of items out of the wind/dust.

Do you know what else she needs in terms of household, clothing, etc.?

And- What's your timeline? San Felipe in August... ouch.
Not sure I am willing/able to endure the heat this time of year.

JoeJustJoe - 7-27-2019 at 03:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  

Its not that easy to do taking a truck of used furniture not belonging to you to Mexixo to donate, but I'm sure you know all the requirements and problems you might run into.

mscowpatty - 7-28-2019 at 11:52 AM

Baja Jenny BBQ & Ice Cream Social
Public · Hosted by Sweet Spot Bar & Grill

https://www.facebook.com/events/474691626683474/

Wednesday at 3 PM – 7 PM
Sweet Spot Bar & Grill
162 Malecon, 21850 San Felipe, Baja California

Details
Jenny lost EVERYTHING in the recent burglary & arson of her home in the ejido. Many in San Felipe have asked for a way to donate household items and/or funds to help re-establish her home. We are pleased to host a BBQ & Ice Cream Social on Wednesday, July 31st, from 3pm - 7pm so that friends / acquaintances can visit with Jenny and provide her with much needed assistance. Happy hour beer prices & home made ice cream specials will be available from 3pm to 7pm while supplies last.

JoeJustJoe - 7-28-2019 at 12:18 PM

All these replacement items people want to contribute to Jenny. I have a question.

Did Jenny already buy a new house in San Felipe, so she can put all these new used replacement items? Oh does she have a new rental already?

Did Jenny, actually own the home in San Felipe, that was alleged to be burned down to the ground and robbed, or was she just a renter?

Looking at the items lost in the alleged fire, it appears the bed was the only real furniture piece, there is no couch, tables, side tables, or the usual things you find inside a house. She is a young woman, so is this her full time house, or vacation home, since her other Facebook account lists an employer in Oakland Ca?

For the life of me especially since part of my business is in real estate, is why would anymore buy a house anywhere and not also have homeowner's insurance that would cover at least fires, and most likely also cover theft when home owners insurance is pretty cheap even in Mexico?

The cost for home insurance in Mexico depends on the value of the home and the place where it’s settled. If it’s on the mountain or near the lake, insurance will have a different rate because the risk is totally different. The average premium of home insurance for homeowners is 10,000 pesos ($500) yearly.

https://bestplacesintheworldtoretire.com/questions-and-answe...

[Edited on 7-28-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

HeyMulegeScott - 7-28-2019 at 12:49 PM

JoeJustJoe - My understanding is that she owned the house and bought with her life savings. She works in property management in San Felipe and has a temporary place to live. I'm guessing in retrospect wishes she had insurance but did not conceive of something like this happening.

JoeJustJoe - 7-28-2019 at 01:32 PM

Three2tango, I'm getting very suspicious, which is my nature anyway, and not necessarily at you, but at her.

You did put out the first post, that seemed to imply you recently just met her and she told you about her burned down house. But in your other post you said, you didn't go to San Felipe, this year, and from readings on facebook, Jenny came to San Felipe, in 2018.

You also said, your wife reached out to Jenny.

So the question is if you or your wife, actually met Jenny face to face, or was this coordinating over the internet and email between your wife and Jenny?

I did find another Jenny Ferrando, with a link to Sebastopol, one is a 56 year old lady with credit issues, and I find another Jenny Ferrando, 36, who lives or lived in an small apartment in Petauma. In Jennny Ferrando's Facebook page she worked in Oakland. She either has to be one or another or she may be a ghost.

Do you Three2tango know anything about Jenny?

I'm also having a hard time of such a young person going "all in" with their life savings for a property in the arm pit of Baja, in San Felipe, where the job prospects would suck compared to the bay area in California.

Three2tango wrote: A nice young lady we met in San Felipe had her house robbed and then burned down.

Three2Tango wrote: My wife reached out to Jenny and she gladly helped coordinate them bringing down pet food for the local shelter and a beach cleanup -

chuckie - 7-28-2019 at 02:25 PM

Why is any of the above,any of your business? no one owes you an explanation ..............

JoeJustJoe - 7-28-2019 at 02:45 PM

Chuckie wrote:" no one owes you an explanation"

Exactly the reason why you won't get an explanation from me.

HeyMulegeScott - 7-28-2019 at 06:52 PM

JoeJustJoe - Oy vey. Yes, we met her in 2018 in San Felipe and have kept in touch via Facebook. Our Rv club (younger working-age people) had a lot of people go down there this year. My wife thought it would be great if they could bring down needed dog/cat food. Jenny was happy to help. Personally, I feel sorry for young people who want to buy a house in Southern California or the Bay Area unless they're loaded. You are right in that moving to San Felipe is not the norm for a younger single American woman. Hopefully, she decides to stay because I think she contributes a lot to the community.

BornFisher - 7-28-2019 at 08:41 PM

Well, it is very unusual for a homeowner to not insure. Only she knows if that was a calculated decision, an oversight, a missed payment, or something else. And of course, there are always many reasons the insurers use to deny a claim.
As an example of insurance rates--- I have a VERY modest shack south of Rosarito Beach. I`m insured for $40,000. I pay $200 a year!! So $100 buys $20,000 of insurance that covers fire. So I have to wonder what the heck is going on here???

del mar - 7-28-2019 at 08:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Well, it is very unusual for a homeowner to not insure. Only she knows if that was a calculated decision, an oversight, a missed payment, or something else. And of course, there are always many reasons the insurers use to deny a claim.
As an example of insurance rates--- I have a VERY modest shack south of Rosarito Beach. I`m insured for $40,000. I pay $200 a year!! So $100 buys $20,000 of insurance that covers fire. So I have to wonder what the heck is going on here???

oversight? when I shared a home in gonzaga bay I didn't know anyone that carried insurance on their modest homes?

BornFisher - 7-28-2019 at 08:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  

oversight? when I shared a home in gonzaga bay I didn't know anyone that carried insurance on their modest homes?

That would make it a calculated decision, not an oversight.

JoeJustJoe - 7-28-2019 at 09:12 PM

No it doesn't look like not getting homeowners insurance was an oversight for Jenny.

Now it's true a lot of people in Mexico, do not have homeowners insurance, but according to Three2Tango, she put her life savings into that home, so you think she would also look to protect that investment with insurance that often covers many things besides just fires depending on the inexpensive policy.

The other question I have is what paperwork is Jenny doing? It is for the burned down house? It can't be insurance paperwork?

What's with the clean up crew? My mother's house burned down long gone after I moved out. Rarely do homes burn to the ground but the damage is extensive so you can't live there anymore just from the smell alone and other damages.

What does a clean up crew do? Usually after the fire, you go into the burned home, and pick up anything you can salvage, but not clean it up. That's left to a demolition Team after you decide to sell the home or rebuilt it. Now insurance companies sometimes send out clean up crews, but that's mostly for water damage, or minor fires, and things of that nature.

It almost sounds like she doesn't want anyone to go by the burned down house?

Jenny wrote: "No, I did not have insurance. I had thought the worse that would happen would be theft. This is beyond my Imagination."

I've been juggling paperwork, reports, logistics and wallowing in sadness.

At this time I am still figuring things out, but the cleanup of my property is underway and not (currently) in need of assistance

I have cleanup crew on the property.

[Edited on 7-29-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

meme - 7-30-2019 at 09:23 AM

FYI for you! Many people here do not get homeowners insurance.

Hook - 7-31-2019 at 08:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
FYI for you! Many people here do not get homeowners insurance.

Give it up.

There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT SEE.

meme - 7-31-2019 at 09:37 AM

All I was saying is I know a lot of gringos living here that do not have homeowners insurance. So please do not say that most retirees get homeowners insurance. At one time our insurance agent asked why we pay for it every year when your house is concrete block & all that will burn is contents, so dont keep any real valuables in it. Many could replace contents for what they pay in premiums every year.

BajaTed - 7-31-2019 at 11:41 AM

When your house walls & floor are made of cinder block, re-bar and concrete. The only loss then is the 2x6 tounge & groove wood roof.
Take the risk.
I know lots of millennial folks with Baja retirement plans, their lack of a materialistic retirement is was draws them there.
Living in the Exoburbs (like Baja) s the wave of the future

PaulW - 8-1-2019 at 07:44 AM

True.
My place is all concrete (except for the doors and frames) and we have homeowner insurance. I did have a major claim when a valve burst under the kitchen sink. My claim resulted in $5000 US which was more than enough to get a lot of cabinets replaced. Glad for the insurance.
My neighbor had a short in his AC unit and his damages were higher than mine due to smoke and appliance damage. His home owner insurance covered the repair. His home was like mine and all concrete. With a fire like he had he was fortunate that the foam insulation used on these all concrete homes was not damaged.
Most of these homeowner insurance policies also cover theft, however the coverage is full of loopholes resulting in great loss and little reimbursement.

[Edited on 8-1-2019 by PaulW]

BajaTed - 8-1-2019 at 10:56 AM

If you use your home insurance more than twice in a 3 year period, your next renewal will be for a high risk pool at twice the cost. Serve your 3 years of higher cost and you might be eligible for the standard risk pool again.

bajatrailrider - 8-1-2019 at 03:24 PM

I tried to get home owner insurance on wood frame house. No Go in Mexico.

JoeJustJoe - 8-1-2019 at 04:54 PM

According to the story, Jenny's house burned to the ground, so it's doubtful her San Felipe, house was made of cinder block, re-bar and concrete.

People could believe what they want about this story, I don't care, and I actually wanted one "Baja Nomad" member, to contribute to her GoFundMe, fund raiser.

I just get suspicious when things greatly deviate from the norm, there are over-the-top elements in the story, and there is an emotional hook in an alleged incident.( it can't be just a fire, but there is a robbery and the fire was out of spite.....that's the hook, in addition she is American, if she was a Mexican national there would be no interest.)

If you ever saw "The Equalizer," the vigilante movie, with Denzel Washington, and the Russian Mafia, character, who was called in to find out who killed his Mafia friends.

Well the Russian Mafia, character, visits Denzel Washington, while pretending he is detective, and after the Russian Mafia guy talks to the Denzel Washington's character, he says, " Everything is all wrong about the guy," and instantly he suspect Denzel Washington's character, is not who he says he is, and then later goes after the Denzel character.

This is exactly the same feeling I get about Jenny, everything is all wrong!

Of course I could be wrong, and spend too much time watching movies.

mtgoat666 - 8-1-2019 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
According to Google, the bitter old fart, who goes by the name Willard Guy, is this 88 year old man!

Willardguy, seems to be mistaken that I give a chit what him or other old fart says about me. What an idiot!

Joey simply Joey,
Only self-centered teenagers use “old” as an insult, and no one cares what teenagers say or think. How old are you, jojo?

meme - 8-2-2019 at 10:04 AM

FYI---Jenny lived in a 5th wheel travel trailer/RV.

JoeJustJoe - 8-2-2019 at 10:21 AM

I suspected if the story is real, it was some kind of trailer, or rental house, knowing young people rarely have lots of money to buy a house in cash even in Mexico.

But Meme, it begs the question, how do you know?

Bajazly - 8-2-2019 at 12:40 PM

I suspected if the story is real, it was some kind of trailer, or rental house, knowing young people rarely have lots of money to buy a house in cash even in Mexico.

But Meme, it begs the question, how do you know?

It happened at the end of my street and I've been talking to my buddy across the street who knew her and the previous owner pretty well. Hardly anything in the trailer and was probably a case of bad wiring.

Hook - 8-2-2019 at 07:10 PM

This is the way a discussion board ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Wake up, Doug. Look at the precipitous drop off in posts. The "recent post" page is less than one page, by default, when it used to be multiple pages. It's been this way for weeks on end.

You are hemorrhaging posters. And the reason why is even simpler than A-B-C. It's J-J-J. Even other liberals are turning on him. How can they not?

Why let him destroy YOUR board, the way he tried with others, before he was booted from those boards, too? The board is more important than any one poster who NEVER HAS ANYTHING LEGITIMATE TO ADD ABOUT MEXICO.

David K's "retrospective series" can only float it for so long. So few are posting new information.

Enough is enough. End this. Do it for the board's sake.

advrider - 8-2-2019 at 07:17 PM

I like the direction hook is going with this!Next trip to Baja I would like to buy you a beer!

Santiago - 8-2-2019 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Wake up, Doug. Look at the precipitous drop off in posts. The "recent post" page is less than one page, by default, when it used to be multiple pages. It's been this way for weeks on end.

You are hemorrhaging posters. And the reason why is even simpler than A-B-C. It's J-J-J. Even other liberals are turning on him. How can they not?

Why let him destroy YOUR board, the way he tried with others, before he was booted from those boards, too? The board is more important than any one poster who NEVER HAS ANYTHING LEGITIMATE TO ADD ABOUT MEXICO.

David K's "retrospective series" can only float it for so long. So few are posting new information.

And the congregation said....A-freakin'-men

By the way Hook, do the Giants stand a chance?

Bajazly - 8-2-2019 at 07:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
I like the direction hook is going with this!Next trip to Baja I would like to buy you a beer!

Ditto x 5!

del mar - 8-2-2019 at 07:23 PM

mtgoat666 - 8-2-2019 at 08:39 PM

Joe aint that bad.
The trump supporters are worse.

Hook - 8-2-2019 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  

By the way Hook, do the Giants stand a chance?

The Giants SEEM like they have a chance because there are so many mediocre teams in the NL. The NL Central is Mediocre Central.

But it doesn't matter because all roads in the NL pass through L.A. The Dodgers are so much better than the rest of the NL.

Giants moves at the deadline were all about the future. Not really much about making the playoffs this year. What's the word on who will replace Bochy? I haven't heard anything.

Sure looks like the Dodgers and the Astros to me. Should be a good series.

Yankees just dont have the starting pitching. They have overachieved, especially with all their injuries. They are coming back to earth. But their lead is plenty big enough.

Boston hitters are finally bashing, but their pitching is so inconsistent, especially the bullpen.

Minnesota hits, but their pitching is inconsistent. I think they will be caught by the Indians, especially if Kluber returns. Indians are finally hitting more, but.........

Tampa Bay is the unknown element. They hit and then they slump. Their pitching is always a work in progress, outside of Morton. But they have, IMO, the best manager in baseball. He generally knows his pitchers, the way Bochy does. He gets the most out of his staff.

Nothing matters, really, in the AL, though. The Astros have a great lineup and three great starters. Who else has three great starters? No one. And then there's Wade Miley who has had his best season in maybe forever.

Their bullpen might be a little suspect, but they added Aaron Sanchez and Biagini. I think they are insurance in case Pressly and Peac-ck are out for a while.

Howard - 8-2-2019 at 10:18 PM

It is getting less and less interesting to read this board with so much negative filth coming from one individual.

I am ready to quit as I assume many others have done so already.

Hook - 8-3-2019 at 07:29 AM

For me, it's not so much the negativity as it is THE OUTRIGHT WRONG, INCORRECT MEXICO INFORMATION YOU GLEAN AND POST FROM SITES AS CLUELESS AS YOU ARE ABOUT MEXICO.

The site claiming 91% of "residents" are in the country illegal may be the cherry on top. Absolutely no indication how those figures were determined. And, by the way, it is in no way illegal to own property on an FMT or to apply for consecutive ones. Just ask any INM or Aduana agent.

Enough is enough. Many of us feel the same. It's him or us, Doug.

azucena - 8-3-2019 at 08:15 AM

I do not think the drop off in posts can solely be correlated to one individual, rather it is the overall tenor of a number of posters. I have been insulted for expressing my views, and often a simple question or seemingly uninflammatory comment results in a barrage of criticism, general nastiness, and a seemingly endless exchange of hostility. Why would a first time or newer poster return only to be subject to rude and boorish behavior? This is not confined to the one poster a number of people are referring to. Pot calling the kettle black.

I think the solution is really fairly simple. Have board rules that prohibit personal insults and all posts with personal insults are deleted. If you don't like something someone posts and cannot refrain from insults move on. Make the Baja Nomad a solid informational source , restore civility and courtesy.

norte - 8-3-2019 at 08:26 AM

Nothing will change. The owner needs JJJ and David in order to keep the post count up. That is how he gets paid.

mojo_norte - 8-3-2019 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Joe aint that bad.
The trump supporters are worse.

2X - Face it - If you see a JJJ post you will open it and read it

JoeJustJoe - 8-3-2019 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

What a self righteous SOB comment. Who the f*ck are you?

Is this forum the final word on anything? We don't all have to agree on what is right and correct, and what's not. Believe what you want posted here and Joe's entitled to post bogus crap whenever he wants.

And, it's clear that Joe is upsetting some f'ing snowflakes here evidenced by the emotional negative responses he receives.

Take this to heart. Joe loves to banter, joust, make provocative comments, analyze stories and get personal, blah blah blah.

Some here are in favor of censoring Joe. It hasn't happened yet. Joe doesn't (as far as I've read) name call and insult before being insulted.

Changes start with you. Skip Joe's rants, don't read them. I scan stuff, skip much, and happy with where this forum is. Looks like a lot of name calling followed by lots of useful information about Baja. I love it. Who f'ing cares about this shlt?

Joe belongs here and so does goat and Mr. Bill. If you don't like what they write, shut the f*ck up and move on. Respectfully.

Thank Lee so well said, and the kicker is that you Lee, do not always agree with me and you tell me so without getting insulting.

Hook - 8-3-2019 at 11:39 AM

Sorry, Lee, I'm no snowflake. Just a guy who continues to live more months in Mexico than in the US each year. Been that way for 12 years and counting. Experience tells me that 91% figure is incorrect.

There is NO RULE that says you have to qualify financially to stay in Mexico over six months.

Many of us who travel to Mexico regularly know that JJJ posts copious amounts of false information about Mexico.

Yeah, I post a lot of negative stuff about Mexico. But it's all true, and it all has happened. There's a lot that's negative going on in Mexico. This is why alternatives to PRI have gotten elected in three out of the last four presidential elections. The average Mexican is fed up, too.

But The Clueless One can only spout theories from the internet. Never any valid info.

Enough is enough. Him or us. Or, I guess, him or the website. You cant have it both ways.

I'm ready to walk. The site now has so little value anyway, with his garbage. So many good posters, with REAL LIFE MEXICO EXPERIENCE, are gone.

JoeJustJoe - 8-3-2019 at 11:56 AM

Oops, I missed this one from Hook:

Hook wrote: "There is NO RULE that says you have to qualify financially to stay in Mexico over six months."

Who wants to correct Hook here? I would do it, but I don't want to be accused of picking on Hook.

Hook - 8-3-2019 at 12:28 PM

Oops, I missed this one from Hook:

Hook wrote: "There is NO RULE that says you have to qualify financially to stay in Mexico over six months."

Who wants to correct Hook here? I would do it, but I don't want to be accused of picking on Hook.

Yeah, you're such a fine, civilized soul. You would never do something like that. It's your part and parcel. It's what you resort to, when your "facts" fail you.

Show me where it says that, Mr. Fake Facts. My experience is based on what several INM agents have told me. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they are. But when the Res Temps and the Res Perms came out, all you had to do was go through a multi-year process, from one to the other.

An OPTION was to qualify quicker through financial means. But it was not mandatory.

It's possible it's changed since it's inception. But I went through the Res Temp process without showing any financial records.

norte - 8-3-2019 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
For me, it's not so much the negativity as it is THE OUTRIGHT WRONG, INCORRECT MEXICO INFORMATION YOU GLEAN AND POST FROM SITES AS CLUELESS AS YOU ARE ABOUT MEXICO.

The site claiming 91% of "residents" are in the country illegal may be the cherry on top. Absolutely no indication how those figures were determined. And, by the way, it is in no way illegal to own property on an FMT or to apply for consecutive ones. Just ask any INM or Aduana agent.

Enough is enough. Many of us feel the same. It's him or us, Doug.

What a self righteous SOB comment. Who the f*ck are you?

Is this forum the final word on anything? We don't all have to agree on what is right and correct, and what's not. Believe what you want posted here and Joe's entitled to post bogus crap whenever he wants.

And, it's clear that Joe is upsetting some f'ing snowflakes here evidenced by the emotional negative responses he receives.

Take this to heart. Joe loves to banter, joust, make provocative comments, analyze stories and get personal, blah blah blah.

Some here are in favor of censoring Joe. It hasn't happened yet. Joe doesn't (as far as I've read) name call and insult before being insulted.

Changes start with you. Skip Joe's rants, don't read them. I scan stuff, skip much, and happy with where this forum is. Looks like a lot of name calling followed by lots of useful information about Baja. I love it. Who f'ing cares about this shlt?

Joe belongs here and so does goat and Mr. Bill. If you don't like what they write, shut the f*ck up and move on. Respectfully.

Ypur cute Lee, Are YOU the new Jefe. Fact of the matter is there is very little useful info here and a lot of history, posts regurgitated from 10 years ago, or just plain bloviating.

mtgoat666 - 8-3-2019 at 03:43 PM

The elderly baja nomads are a bunch of girly man snowflakes!
Bunch of wimps can’t take a little teasing from joeknuckleheadjoe.
What’s a matter with the elderly these days? When did they become such wimps and whiners? Crikey! Y’all sound like whiny old DK!

azucena - 8-3-2019 at 07:36 PM

Recent posts: Perfect example of how low can this place can go. How sad.
I used to come here to get up to date info on roads, new places and shoot the chite with other folks that love Baja/Mexico.
It has now become a hangout for angry, disgruntled people, whom frankly, I suspect if in the same room together would make attempts to be civil. Funny how the anonymity of the web can turn probably decent people into a holes who would be TOTALLY embarassed by their behavior if they did not have the abillty to be invisible.

Is it REALLY that hard to be civil?

Insults do not change minds. Healthy debate can. If you don't like something give an idea how to make it better, otherwise you are the problem.

Hope someone can reinvent what goes on here and make it the "place to go" to get info.

Mother of Dragons - 8-4-2019 at 05:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  

+1

advrider - 8-4-2019 at 08:19 PM

Such a waste.

JoeJustJoe - 8-5-2019 at 07:33 AM

If anybody else has self righteous posts or one-liners directed against unknown persons they don't name? Do so now.

I would like to finish up this thread because I have been getting new information from other sources about this alleged house fire started by vindictive Mexican thieves who then burned down the house out for fun or spite.

We are hearing on this forum, and elsewhere, that it wasn't a house, but was a trailer, or 5th wheel such as this that you can pick up used for a few thousand dollars.

This 5th wheel is on sale for $13,000 dollars, and $350 space rent in fTodos Santos Bay, and it looks like a cheap way to live in Baja.

https://bajacalifornia.global-free-classified-ads.com/listin...

Bajazly - 8-6-2019 at 09:35 PM

A little off topic and I don't want to step on any toes here and will delete if need be but HUH??? You don't assign your own status do you?

JOJO BANNED.png - 30kB

del mar - 8-7-2019 at 09:41 AM

there's worse ways to start the morning!:P

thebajarunner - 8-7-2019 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
A little off topic and I don't want to step on any toes here and will delete if need be but HUH??? You don't assign your own status do you?

Make my day
:bounce::bounce::bounce: