BajaNomad

Hit-and-run driver severely injures San Diego biker during race in Mexico

Whale-ista - 8-15-2019 at 10:43 PM

ENSENADA, Mexico (KGTV) — A San Diego dirt bike racer is recovering tonight in Mexico after a bizarre mid-race crash with a mystery SUV.

On Saturday morning, about 60 miles southeast of Ensenada, 29-year-old Josear Carrasco was racing a course he knew well. On this day, he would not finish.

"Just devastated. It's really hard. He's my everything, so it's hard to see him like this," said his wife, Kylie.

Kylie was in a truck along the course when she got the news. Josear was in second place, nearly done with his 100-mile stretch and about to turn his bike over to a teammate. That's when he says he collided with an SUV that had driven onto the course, headed toward him.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/hit-and-run-driver-in...

Bajazly - 8-15-2019 at 10:54 PM

Yep, racing in Mexico. We came over a rise one night during the 1000 and as we crested there was an F150 pointed right at us lights on full. Managed to steer slightly to the right but the car scraped down the whole side of his truck. Had he been 2 or 3 feet more in the race course our race would have been over and maybe worse.

Don Pisto - 8-15-2019 at 11:20 PM

https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/baja-racing-family...

bajatrailrider - 8-16-2019 at 07:39 AM

Very sad about this I was at this race. Riding motos In Mexico very dangerous. Racing in Mexico even more so very common hit and run drivers. I wish for his full recovery 🙏

del mar - 8-16-2019 at 11:04 AM

im guessing the SUV won:( he's a good kid if you want to help there's a GO FUND ME page.

TMW - 8-16-2019 at 04:45 PM

I hate it when this happens. I wish him the very best, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Jinete Viejo - 8-16-2019 at 11:04 PM

The picture of the bike makes my blood run cold. Bottom of the triple clamp shattered, top of the right fork leg shattered, exhaust pipe ripped off at the barrel and wrapped around the kick starter. That was one heck of an impact. He will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

JZ - 8-17-2019 at 03:51 AM

Very sad.