BajaNomad

CBD OIL - bringing in to Baja?

1Bajalover - 8-19-2019 at 11:52 AM

a friend who lives down there (and does not come into the U S often at all) is wondering about having someone bring CBD oil in to help with chronic back pain

has anyone carried this kind of thing across the border into Mexico? any feedback on doing that

Howard - 8-19-2019 at 11:59 AM

I know they sell it over the counter in Loreto.

CBD OIL - bringing in to Baja?

1Bajalover - 8-19-2019 at 12:03 PM

Howard

would you know where that is that he could buy it over the counter in Loreto? he lives near there so that could be the better way all around

Thank You!

Hook - 8-19-2019 at 12:46 PM

Dont people use CBD oil when they cant get the REAL stuff with THC? I guess there are some that are averse to getting a little buzz, too.

If it's like where I live in Sonora, it can't be that hard to find some raw greenery and turn it into an oil that you can use.

I've known three people that spent good money on CBD oil for pain in various parts of the body and none of them reported it working. Little wonder with the active ingredient removed or at less than 0.5% or something.

Yeah, a small sample size.

bajabuddha - 8-19-2019 at 01:42 PM

I use CBD for arthritis topically, and swear by it. And no, Hook, you don't get a 'buzz' off CBD, eithr topically or orally. Entirely different stuff even though it comes from cannabis. It's totally street legal in the States (not sure of every State). Here in Nuevo Mexico you need a State medical marijuana card for cannabis sativa or indica, the 'get high' stuff, but CBD is over-the-counter and available in most every town.

I wouldn't hesitate to take some OTB; there's no odor to it, and usually no label identifying it either, not that it matters. I doubt highly anyone would even question it.

Here's a link about State legalities:

https://www.hempurecbd.com/is-cbd-oil-legal-in-all-50-states...

[Edited on 8-19-2019 by bajabuddha]

SFandH - 8-19-2019 at 01:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I use CBD for arthritis topically, and swear by it.

Really? I know another person who says the same.

Does it stop creeping decrepitude?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/14/magazine/cbd-...

bajabuddha - 8-19-2019 at 02:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I use CBD for arthritis topically, and swear by it.

Really? I know another person who says the same.

Does it stop creeping decrepitude?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/14/magazine/cbd-...

Great read, and in answer to your query, if it eases the aches and stiffness in your joints and muscles and gives you more range of motion and a little pizzazz in your step, then to a minor degree I'd have to say yes.

Mula - 8-19-2019 at 02:44 PM

You can order it on Mercado Libre ( Mexico's ebay),

Archie - 8-19-2019 at 03:35 PM

You can buy it in La Paz at Café Smoke shop, in Fb look for them as @cafesmokeshop

Independencia #4 E/ Belisario Domínguez Y Malecón (Frente A Las Varitas) 23006 La Paz (Baja California Sur)

(612) 194 4141

Paco Facullo - 8-19-2019 at 03:45 PM

I took CBD oil down the last trip and wasn't worried & didn't try to hide it.

If either of you are a Veteran or low income the best place to buy is at https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/

They give 60% off.... w/ free shipping

[Edited on 8-19-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Hook - 8-19-2019 at 03:50 PM

I use CBD for arthritis topically, and swear by it. And no, Hook, you don't get a 'buzz' off CBD, eithr topically or orally.

I didnt say that.

I was referring to getting a buzz from the real stuff with real THC.

There's no way a person is going to get a buzz off something with 0.5% of the active ingredient. It'd be like trying to get a buzz off Clausthaler beer or something.

Paco Facullo - 8-19-2019 at 04:00 PM

When your as Old as us if you don't wake up with pain you are either dead or have some good drugs ......:bounce:

Mula - 4-19-2021 at 05:02 AM

I have a guy in Durango Colorado who has a CBD company. He brings it down for me and I sell a lot of it.

pacificobob - 4-19-2021 at 06:42 AM

entourage effect = is a theory that states all of the cannabis compounds must be present to achieve maximum efficacy. this includes THC....such a bummer for those uncomfortable with being a bit high.

surabi - 4-19-2021 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Dont people use CBD oil when they cant get the REAL stuff with THC?

No. It has nothing to do with not being able to get the "real" stuff. Many of the conditions that respond well to CBD oil don't require THC in the mix. And all CBD oil is not the same- it's not some generic thing. I know people in Canada who work with CBD oil and it is tailored for specific conditions and individuals. Sometimes the strength or whether there is THC in the mix has to be adjusted to find the right product for someone.

Howard - 4-19-2021 at 02:44 PM

Haven’t look lately but Cindy’s in Loreto had it front and center.

JC43 - 4-19-2021 at 05:14 PM

Just for Info: https://nankomexico.com/tienda/
Its the company producing and selling the CBD. Tailored if you desire.

JC43 - 4-19-2021 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Archie  
You can buy it in La Paz at Café Smoke shop, in Fb look for them as @cafesmokeshop

Independencia #4 E/ Belisario Domínguez Y Malecón (Frente A Las Varitas) 23006 La Paz (Baja California Sur)

(612) 194 4141

@archie. Do you have any idea about prices. I.e. the 750 mg ? or others?
I know where the cafe is located. It is just steps from the bus terminal up the Independencia. There comes a small street from the left and just some steps more.

JC43 - 4-22-2021 at 12:21 PM

Does anyone has a E-mail address from Cafe Smoke Shop ?
Telephone is unanswered @2 pm. Or do they only open at night?
I would like to know prices.
THX !

imlost - 4-22-2021 at 02:00 PM

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQMCD3Srm10

JC43 - 4-22-2021 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQMCD3Srm10

I watched it and I am still shaking my head (hope it stops at night) How can someone be THAT stupid? Paying money on the spot.... the most stupid thing to do! The success the MX police is experiencing with stupids is making them trying again, and again, and again. There is always another dummy falling out of the bus (or crossing the border) A:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:lmost the same.

Lee - 4-22-2021 at 07:17 PM

Re CBD. This stuff isn't regulated, no quality control. What you buy might be CBD, maybe not. If it's brought down, put it in another bottle -- NOT labeled CBD. SI checkpoint claims CBD is illegal along with THC. Seriously, they find it, you'll lose it and get hassled.

Word of mouth, reputation is recommended for quality oil esp. if it's for ailments.

Anyone using oil bought down South can vouch for quality.

pacificobob - 4-23-2021 at 06:23 AM

it must indicate that is "full spectrum " if not, its inferior.

JC43 - 4-24-2021 at 10:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

My guess: Wherever I might purchase CBD in MX will not have "Espectro Completo". At least neither Nanko nor Cafe Smoke Shop have anything on their labels. Nanko seems to be a (wanna-be) medical supplier.
Back to the headline: Bringing CBD into Baja should be without any problem. Just as a pre-caution: Hiding that little bottle is not a big deal. But blaming Mexico Police for own mistakes is not appropriate anyway.
It is like it is.

JC43 - 4-25-2021 at 06:10 PM

I found this
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-870088548-aceite-es...

Now, it says "Full Spectrum". BUT: it is 1000mg (which is one Gram).
And it contains 30 ml (Millie Liters) which is 30 mg.
Is that `Full Spectrum`?
And this is what I found at google about AURA:
Aura: Meditation & Sleep - Overview - Apple App Store - US
I am so confused, I guess I can`t sleep tonight :lol::lol::lol:

pacificobob - 3-26-2022 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Dont people use CBD oil when they cant get the REAL stuff with THC? I guess there are some that are averse to getting a little buzz, too.

If it's like where I live in Sonora, it can't be that hard to find some raw greenery and turn it into an oil that you can use.

I've known three people that spent good money on CBD oil for pain in various parts of the body and none of them reported it working. Little wonder with the active ingredient removed or at less than 0.5% or something.

Yeah, a small sample size.

I've been told that all compounds [aka full spectrum] from the cannabis must be present for optimal treatment. Folks who become frightened by cannabis should stick to mainstream medications .

Lee - 3-26-2022 at 02:53 PM

I've been told that all compounds [aka full spectrum] from the cannabis must be present for optimal treatment. Folks who become frightened by cannabis should stick to mainstream medications .

My understanding too. This stuff isn't regulated and no two products are (probably) the same. Besides, sometimes it works for people, and others, it doesn't.

As far as crossing SOB, military won't make a distinction between THC and CBD. When they've questioned me at the SI checkpoint, they are asking if I have CBD or THC. I always answer no and they don't find anything if they are searching.

Stating that it's legal, or bought in La Paz, prob wouldn't matter to these guys.

I'd remove any labels that read CBD. And, I'd buy from credible dispensaries NOB. Mary's Medicinals has a good rep, and they carry transderm patches.

surabi - 5-10-2023 at 03:40 PM

If someone wants to try CBD for a medical condition, just buying something off-the-shelf isn't the best idea. I know people who make CBD oil in Canada and they work with the customer to come up with the right balance that works for them. They may up or lower the percentage of THC, use a different strain of marijuana, etc. depending on the feedback from the customer.
It's really not much different from using pharmaceuticals. Doctors often change dosages or try a different medication, depending on how the patient reacts.