BajaNomad

Hello baja friends

capt. mike - 8-22-2019 at 05:36 PM

Been a while but I am back. And a few changes in my life. Hoping to get back to some Baja living soon!

CaboMagic - 8-22-2019 at 06:03 PM

MIKE!!!!!
Great to see your post .. hope all is well amigo. Has indeed been awhile. Everything changes and everything stays the same ..
Truly best wishes, T&L

Don Jorge - 8-22-2019 at 06:07 PM

Welcome back skipper! Haven't seen you since the first book signing hosted by Keri.... Your timing is good. The chairman of the Board recently made a good management decision and civility has been restored among us peasants.

Hope you get back to Baja soon. It still feels right every time one crosses over.

I hear you on the change and hope with time it works out as best as possible.
Baja will certainly help that process! Salud!

JZ - 8-22-2019 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by capt. mike  
Been a while but I am back. And a few changes in my life. Hoping to get back to some Baja living soon!

Hey Mike, you were missed majorly around here. Would love to see you post some stories.

Last time I saw you was ~10 years ago on the runway of the Guaymas airport in Sonoara. You flew my sister and niece to Phoenix.

Hope you are doing well.

Stickers - 8-22-2019 at 06:33 PM

Hola Mike!
There hasn't been much airplane chatter here on Nomads lately.
We have missed it. Welcome back.

LancairDriver - 8-22-2019 at 07:45 PM

Welcome back Mike! It’s been awhile, maybe see you in Mulege soon.

thebajarunner - 8-22-2019 at 07:54 PM

Glad you are back fellow pilot

Hey. That wasn't you at the controls of the Dale Earnhardt plane last week was it???

OOOOPSS forgot
Supposed to be civil

Just a joke Mike
glad to see your missing avatar

UnoMas - 8-22-2019 at 08:32 PM

Welcome Back Mike.... You have been missed. Hope all is well with you. :biggrin:

MMc - 8-22-2019 at 11:25 PM

Captain Mike. I hope you are doing well, you and your stories have been missed. Please stay around, Nomads is better with you.

David K - 8-22-2019 at 11:44 PM

Hi Capt. Mike!
While you and I have chatted on Facebook, I am happy to see you back on Nomad, again.
It has been even longer since I got the thrill of flying on your Screaming Airlines... 18 years ago!

Desertbull - 8-23-2019 at 07:12 AM

Last time I saw you ... you were standing almost naked on the runway at Punta San Fransiquito :-)

bbbait - 8-23-2019 at 07:48 AM

Yes! Welcome Back! You are one of our old schoolers! And I need another t-shirt lol! If you’re ever in San Felipe, come by the bar at Pete’s Camp!

Pacifico - 8-23-2019 at 07:53 AM

Welcome back, Mike! Are you still available for charter flights into Baja?

elgatoloco - 8-23-2019 at 08:08 AM

Hey Capt! Barb and I still talk about the great trip we took on Screaming Airlines to La Paz for the 1000. Seems like yesterday. If you ever get to Sandy Eggo give a shout. :cool:

shari - 8-23-2019 at 08:22 AM

Hola Mike...what nice, refreshing news that you are back! Change is inevitable, it's life and we all have had stuff going on but thanks for checkin in again with your Baja buddies.

Nomads are taking a beating lately, but ya know, if more of the oldie but goody folks posted on occasion, it would be fun to hear what ya'll are up to.

I cant help but think if we the members make an effort to play nice in the sandbox...and invite and welcome more Baja spirited amigos...maybe we can rekindle some Nomad love!

I have made so many quality, long term, healthy relationships with so many people from this site, I am grateful to be here and keep up with many of them. Strong connections have and continue to be forged here and it's up to us to make our community a nicer place to hang out.
Anyway Capt.Mike...good to see ya man.

flying baja

capt. mike - 8-23-2019 at 10:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Welcome back, Mike! Are you still available for charter flights into Baja?

No sadly before Janeen died last year i had to sell my Comanche. I have retired from flying. My love is now a trike. Nice to see everyone's comments. I'll stick around.

hey!

capt. mike - 8-23-2019 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Hey Capt! Barb and I still talk about the great trip we took on Screaming Airlines to La Paz for the 1000. Seems like yesterday. If you ever get to Sandy Eggo give a shout. :cool:

I was just there last week. Some bozo ran into my Slingshot it is likely totaled. I had to cut my vaca short by a week and fly home on SW and i HATE flying comm'l... So when or if it gets repaired at El Cajon Polaris dealer i'll fly back spend a week before riding home and i WILL come see you and Barb.

capt. mike - 8-23-2019 at 10:56 AM

Thanks all! it seems like i never left...i have some stories archived of the adventures of SA and i will post some soon.

capt. mike - 8-23-2019 at 11:00 AM

oh - and if anyone here does face crook...i am on as Mike Goering. you are welcome to my page and send me a friend request. i write comedy there. It is part of my therapy...:cool::P

BajaMama - 8-25-2019 at 12:51 PM

Oh hey, is the the Mike that used to post the fabulous San Marcos fishing reports? Glad to hear you are okay and back!

flying baja Whales tripping

capt. mike - 8-26-2019 at 07:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by capt. mike  

Hey Mike, you were missed majorly around here. Would love to see you post some stories.

Last time I saw you was ~10 years ago on the runway of the Guaymas airport in Sonoara. You flew my sister and niece to Phoenix.

Hope you are doing well.

Yes, that was a great trip. Except for a weather delay that diverted us an extra nite in Douglas which made inconvenience to the 2 pax.

PSFO

capt. mike - 8-26-2019 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Desertbull  
Last time I saw you ... you were standing almost naked on the runway at Punta San Fransiquito :-)

Yeah that was a great trip.

San Felipe

capt. mike - 8-26-2019 at 07:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bbbait  
Yes! Welcome Back! You are one of our old schoolers! And I need another t-shirt lol! If you’re ever in San Felipe, come by the bar at Pete’s Camp!

I think i'll ride my Slingshot down this fall. I need a passport 1st. Mine expired.

JZ - 1-14-2023 at 11:41 PM

Last Capt. Mike thread.

David K - 1-15-2023 at 09:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Last Capt. Mike thread.

Thanks for bumped this up, JZ.
It was sad to learn of Capt. Mike's passing. I have a couple of photos of him at VivaBaja.com...

In December 2001, 'jeans' & I camped with Capt. Mike and Janneen at Playa Santispac.

Mike took us up for a demo flight in his Screaming Airlines Piper, from the Serenidad runway to Punta Chivato and then over Bahía Concepción.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Feb. 2002, he and Janeen flew to Oceanside from Arizona, to attend my VivaBaja #3 party.