BajaNomad

Is there a Good restaurant @ Puertecitos

roldanojr - 9-3-2019 at 06:18 PM

Does someone know if there is a good restaurant in Puertecitos? Of course see food restaurant, could be a ceviche, fried fish, fish tacos, or pescado zarandeado.
Thank for your answer in advance!

David K - 9-3-2019 at 06:39 PM

You can try asking on the Puertecitos Happenings Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/400767196648940/

cortezpirasea - 9-3-2019 at 07:43 PM

Not usually... Try Playa Cristina just before La Costilla. Again... Maybe yes Maybe no... :P

bajaguy - 9-3-2019 at 08:57 PM

Cow Patties................

mjs - 9-3-2019 at 10:14 PM

Cow Patties only serves hot dogs. They're good though.

See Food ?

MrBillM - 9-3-2019 at 11:00 PM

THAT reminds me of the first time ('72) we stopped at THE bar/restaurant in Puertecitos.

Having a Cerveza on the deck, we asked a local resident about the food.

She said that it was delicious, "but", she added, "don't look in the kitchen. It might spoil your appetite".

We passed on the opportunity to sample the offerings.

Marc - 9-5-2019 at 09:10 AM

A dismal town. Looks parched and uninviting. Trees would help. Just my opinion.

David K - 9-5-2019 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

It is primarily an American vacationer's fishing community built on lava around a cove with a hot spring on the far side at sea level.

chuckie - 9-5-2019 at 10:11 AM

NO

del mar - 9-5-2019 at 10:43 AM

couldn't agree more, what comes to mind is "dirt". a few years ago we did attempt eating at the restaurant with some friends from the south campos, typical food but took an hour for it to come, we were the only ones there.
at least the store has beer!:coolup:

JZ - 9-5-2019 at 01:37 PM

That whole area looks like a barren wasteland.

Tioloco - 9-5-2019 at 02:08 PM

Hang out there for a couple of hours. You will make friends and someone is ALWAYS BBQing. Cost is a few beers.

mtgoat666 - 9-5-2019 at 02:14 PM

Regarding the chithole aesthetics of puertecitos,
The sea of cortez baja shoreline north of punta final is where they should film nuclear post-apocalypse movies - the place is practically devoid of even cactus, it is one big dust bin.

SDROB - 9-5-2019 at 02:52 PM

If you keep going down about 30 minutes down to La Poma Campo Turistico there is a small restaurant that the owners wife runs. Food there is great.

David K - 9-5-2019 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SDROB  
If you keep going down about 30 minutes down to La Poma Campo Turistico there is a small restaurant that the owners wife runs. Food there is great.

This is true. I had a great Halibut dinner there a couple of years ago. Much closer to Puertecitos, is the restaurant at Bahía Cristina, open on weekends only.