BajaNomad

Sentri for kids

Bajaboy - 9-17-2019 at 06:40 PM

Hola amigos,

My wife and I have applied for Sentri and are trying to sign up our children. Do they need to have an email account in order to enroll? Or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance!

JZ - 9-17-2019 at 07:06 PM

Not sure re a Sentri app, but I would think so. The one advantage Sentri has over Global Entry is that all your minor children are free. With GE everyone needs to pay $100.

I got GE for our kids (GE gives you Sentri privileges). All kids had to have an email and their own account. I completed it for them.

Pro tip #1, you should get a good gmail account for your kids as soon as possible. firstname.lastname@gmail.com. You can use it for their frequent flyer accounts, among many other things.

It seems like GE is being processed WAY faster than Sentri apps. Search Sentri on the board for lots of discussions. The biggest difference between the two is you don't need to be a US citizen to get Sentri, so that might explain things.

Pro tip #2, go with GE instead of Sentri.

[Edited on 9-18-2019 by JZ]

Bajaboy - 9-19-2019 at 07:23 AM

thanks JZ...unfortunately my wife and I already applied. I created email accounts for my kids using Google Family link...pretty cool app.

bajapedro - 9-20-2019 at 01:35 PM

Just got sentri for my 3 yr old grandson. Used my email account. Took 5 days for approval of sentri, and 2 weeks to get appointment at boarder for interview.

mtgoat666 - 9-20-2019 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Hola amigos,

My wife and I have applied for Sentri and are trying to sign up our children. Do they need to have an email account in order to enroll? Or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance!

when i got sentri for family, is used one email for me, wife and kids. you can link the applications, in my case did all applications at same time as a linked group (had to fill out multiple applications, one per person), and they all got approved on same day. all did interview as a group, at same time.