BajaNomad

Contractor for Concrete Wall Repairs in Ensenada?

Stevabc - 9-19-2019 at 03:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have a standard Mexican concrete block home in Ensenada that needs repairs. The windows were previously replaced and not sealed correctly causing the concrete around all of them to crumble.

The repairs will will require the windows to be removed, the failed concrete to be chipped away and re-poured, and then the windows reinstalled and sealed properly.

Does anyone have a contractor they can recommend for this type of work?

Thanks,

Steve

SFandH - 9-19-2019 at 05:41 PM

I think every Mexican man knows how to do concrete work. ;)

Perhaps go to the closest hardware store that sells block and ask for a tradesman. Maybe the Home Depot has a list.

Stevabc - 9-20-2019 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

My existing concrete work begs to differ. It's falling apart.

greengoes - 9-20-2019 at 08:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Stevabc  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

My existing concrete work begs to differ. It's falling apart.

Mexican tradesmen are always looking for the fast way to finish. Virtually all of them
have the propensity to be 'jacklegs' if you don't supervise.

And it also helps if you know what to watch for.

Baja Supply

bajaguy - 9-20-2019 at 08:51 AM

Contact Jose at Baja Supply

https://www.facebook.com/bajasupply

paranewbi - 9-21-2019 at 04:34 AM

Watch for where the sand comes from in the mix... the beach is cheap but no good. Your description of your problem sounds suspect.

When you say; "The repairs will require the windows to be removed, the failed concrete to be chipped away and re-poured, and then the windows reinstalled and sealed properly." It sounds like your problem is not with the block but the mix used for your concrete/mason mixture.

Get your own ingredients or have it delivered from a reputable vendor... be careful of that truck bed full of sand in your workers truck.

paulagracero - 8-9-2022 at 02:54 AM

It's hard to find a reliable contractor nowadays. The market is full of them, and the majority offer poor-quality services.