BajaNomad

BWT app

thebajarunner - 9-19-2019 at 05:39 PM

Does anyone find the official Border Wait Time app to have accurate info?

Sunday, having meetings in Guadalupe most of the morning, I kept checking Tecate times, and it continued showing 8 a.m. numbers (10 minutes) clear up until we headed north.

Just coming down the hill into Tecate the 12/noon times came up...…. 30 minutes.

We arrived at the back of the line at 12:20, and 2 hours and 20 minutes later we cleared the gate....

Not very helpful in my humble opinion.....

With accurate info I would have headed to the Ready Lines at Otay and been home an hour or two sooner

JZ - 9-19-2019 at 06:01 PM

Get a Sentri pass.

thebajarunner - 9-19-2019 at 06:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Get a Sentri pass.

Not easy when you live 500 miles from the nearest Sentri issuing office.....

JZ - 9-19-2019 at 06:07 PM

Fly to MX some time. On your return trip do your interview when you clear customs at the airport. You don't need to make an appointment, you can meet with CBP on the spot.

Much better than routinely doing 2-3hr waits in your car. Plus the anxiety of checking some app (that doesn't work) hours in advance hoping the wait won't be too bad. Been there, never again.

[Edited on 9-20-2019 by JZ]

Pacifico - 9-19-2019 at 06:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Get a Sentri pass.

Not easy when you live 500 miles from the nearest Sentri issuing office.....

Just apply for your Global Entry or Sentri and when you schedule your interview, just plan a Baja trip to coincide! Win - Win!!!

apple - 9-19-2019 at 06:20 PM

the BWT app is completely useless

elgatoloco - 9-19-2019 at 08:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by apple  
the BWT app is completely useless

What he said. The original border wait app was crowd sourced, we used to always post our wait time after crossing, and much better representation of 'real time' info. The developers stopped updating system when .gov launched BWT.

Viva Sentri! :cool:

caj13 - 9-20-2019 at 08:07 AM

yeah, I find it useless. last trip - times were quoted as 45 minutes and 35 minutes, in both cases, it was over 2 hours. totally useless