BajaNomad

Outside “forces” trying to make Mexico “politically correct’

Paco Facullo - 9-24-2019 at 05:19 AM

Soccer authorities plan measures to stop fans chanting ‘Eh puto’

This is from a “ Mexico News Daily” article ...

I’ve been to a few Club Tijuana games and all I can say it it a SO MUCH better time than I’ve ever had in any USA sports event .
Theyy are way more entertaining with all their before during and after antics . There is NO “cut-off” time for drinks. In fact you can relax after the game a get served until you want to leave .
I am now spoiled and ruined to ever go to sports events in America and pay outrageous amounts to be treated badly.
At least they won’t stop the “Eh Puto” at the home games, I hope ?

mtgoat666 - 9-24-2019 at 05:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Soccer authorities plan measures to stop fans chanting ‘Eh puto’

This is from a “ Mexico News Daily” article ...

I’ve been to a few Club Tijuana games and all I can say it it a SO MUCH better time than I’ve ever had in any USA sports event .
Theyy are way more entertaining with all their before during and after antics . There is NO “cut-off” time for drinks. In fact you can relax after the game a get served until you want to leave .
I am now spoiled and ruined to ever go to sports events in America and pay outrageous amounts to be treated badly.
At least they won’t stop the “Eh Puto” at the home games, I hope

If you like the anti-gay slur at mexican games, perhaps you would like he HS football games at San Clemente where last week they whites of home team taunted the blacks form out of town with chants about “n!ggers.

Paco, sad how slurs and homophobia makes you happy.

[Edited on 9-24-2019 by mtgoat666]

Paco Facullo - 9-24-2019 at 05:51 AM

I take it in a humorous way , I am not looking at it as offending anyone. That is NOT my intent.

People are way TOO sensitive nowadays ......

Life is hard and if you can’t laugh at yourself and others , life will be tougher and you will not be a vary happy person .... right Goat

You can call me Guero, Wedo, Gringo or Gabacho
But please don’t call me late for Tacos !

[Edited on 9-24-2019 by Paco Facullo]

mtgoat666 - 9-24-2019 at 06:23 AM

Life is hard and if you can’t laugh at yourself and others , life will be tougher and you will not be a vary happy person ....

Life is hard, so let’s laugh at the minorities.

flock you, paco.

Paco Facullo - 9-24-2019 at 06:32 AM

Thank you Goat !

I’m an equal opportunity laugher , I laugh at EVERYONE , including you ........

And I certainly don’t leave myself out of that equation ,,,,,,

Terry28 - 9-24-2019 at 09:19 AM

I agree with Goat.....knock it off...

Paco Facullo - 9-24-2019 at 10:01 AM

Well this kind of humor is in the Mexican culture so it really doesn’t matter what ANY of us Gringos think or say .

Now does it ?

I’m just along for the ride and if I can find humor in it , all the better .

[Edited on 9-24-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Laughter is the Best Medicine ?

MrBillM - 9-24-2019 at 10:02 AM

Well, maybe, not always.

Some people are easily offended.

I recall (years ago) when I was telling a "retard" joke at work and one co-worker (who had a "special" child) was so offended that he never spoke a word (not work related) to me again during the time we worked together. Go figure.

It was a FUNNY joke.

JZ - 9-24-2019 at 12:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

If you like the anti-gay slur at mexican games, perhaps you would like he HS football games at San Clemente where last week they whites of home team taunted the blacks form out of town with chants about “n!ggers.

Paco, sad how slurs and homophobia makes you happy.

Try to stop being a mean spirited and ugly person, then you can think about lecturing others.

I like reading older threads on here from time to time, like 10 yo threads. One thing that always surprises me is that you didn't always use to be such an angry person. Serious question, what happened to you?

Btw, I was outside this weekend playing Smear the Queer with my kids.

[Edited on 9-24-2019 by JZ]

sancho - 9-24-2019 at 12:24 PM

perhaps you would like he HS football games at San Clemente where last week they whites of home team taunted the blacks form out of town with chants about “n!ggers.
[Edited on 9-24-2019 by mtgoat666]

Goat, I have lived in SC most of my life, late '60's out of
SC High, saw what you referenced in print. So. Orange Co.
has never been confused with social consciousness, a totally
despicable occurrence, not surprising with what is accepted
Nationally, a total embarrassment

Paco Facullo - 9-24-2019 at 02:43 PM

Well next Tuesday I’ll be going to the Boca Juniors vs River Plate in the
Superclásico.

For those who don’t know ,
The rivalry between River Plate and Boca Juniors is perhaps the greatest and fiercest rivalry in the world. And that excludes ALL sports !

I’ll report back how that was . Expecting a whole lot a passion and insanity !!!!

[Edited on 9-25-2019 by Paco Facullo]

motoged - 9-24-2019 at 07:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Btw, I was outside this weekend playing Smear the Queer with my kids.
[Edited on 9-24-2019 by JZ]

..... and you are proud of that ? :no:

caj13 - 9-24-2019 at 08:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Well, maybe, not always.

Some people are easily offended.

I recall (years ago) when I was telling a "retard" joke at work and one co-worker (who had a "special" child) was so offended that he never spoke a word (not work related) to me again during the time we worked together. Go figure.

It was a FUNNY joke.

No - It wasn't. it wasn't funny then, nor is it funny now. amazing how you excuse yourself from denigrating others. You cannot be the judge of how "funny" it was. The targets of your "humor are the ones entitled to be the judge".

Amazes me how bigots & homophobes want to excuse their hatred and denigration by claiming "it's just a joke"!

It also Amazes me how the term "political correctness" has been conscripted by biggots homophobes white supremacists etc. In their secret code they intimate that "political correctness " is a weakness and liberal oversensitivity. In reality, it is their attempt to absolve themselves for responsibility for their words and actions!

and anyone holding them accountable for those words and actions - immediately get shouted down with this "political correct" as if its a bad thing to be held accountable!

You think its funny to denigrate others? thats your choice, but you own those words, you own those actions, you own those attitudes. and along with all that ownership - you also own any consequence or criticism that comes your way!
You have free speech - but that does not mean you have no consequence for your speech!

[Edited on 9-25-2019 by caj13]

[Edited on 9-25-2019 by caj13]

Paco Facullo - 9-25-2019 at 12:08 AM

So, im’a gussin’ that Dave Chappell is a racist pig hey ????

Paco Facullo - 9-25-2019 at 12:22 AM

“Btw, I was outside this weekend playing Smear the Queer with my kids”

Well I’ve played “ Hide the pickle “ but I don’t believe that we had the same results ???

Oh crap ! Let be perfectly clear.. ( I DID NOT play “hide the pickle with my kids )....

caj13 - 9-25-2019 at 07:53 AM

So, im’a gussin’ that Dave Chappell is a racist pig hey ????

Deflect and redirect! Nice work, but that action still does not relieve you of the responsibility of owning your words -

Mr Chappell is responsible for his words and actions, and has responsibilities associated with those. you have resonsibility for your words and actions -no matter how you try and deflect and dodge and weave and hide from that responsibility!

accountability MR. Facullo - its all about accountability!

caj13 - 9-25-2019 at 07:57 AM

BTW, I do not know JZ, but i do applaud the fact hes out playing with his kids - good on you Jz.
I wish you could have seen the opportunity to teach your kids a bit by explaining to them how the name of the game might be offensive to some people, so maybe you and the kids could brainstorm and comeup with a new name for the game - that didn't have the potential to hurt others. (although admittedly, the intent of the game , realistically is to hurt the ball carrier - so you've got that going for ya! )

Paco Facullo - 9-25-2019 at 11:29 AM

I have ZERO problem owning my words ......

The real issue is what “intent “ does the person saying those words have ?
I always say these things in a humorous non threatening way ...

How the other person perceives them is on them .... And that is just how there head thinks and “where” there at ...

No deflect or redirect needed ...

John Harper - 9-25-2019 at 11:37 AM

If you willingly use words that you know are considered "offensive," then your intent is to offend. Seems pretty clear to me.

Please don't ask us for sympathy when you get your clock cleaned. Free speech does not make you immune to the consequences of said speech.

John

[Edited on 9-25-2019 by John Harper]

Paco Facullo - 9-25-2019 at 01:07 PM

Well, I’m still going to go to the Xolo games and yell “ Eh Putos “ with with a smile on my face !

Along with a stadium full of FUN people .

And you ALL are invited , as I believe that if you did attend a Xolo game that you would feel “the love” humor and spirit it is intended to be ...

caj13 - 9-25-2019 at 02:27 PM

How the other person perceives them is on them .... And that is just how there head thinks and “where” there at ...

You are wrong, and better yet - you know you are wrong. instead of accepting responsibility for your words and actions, you continue this riduculous farce, insisting that its other peoples fault if they get offended by racist ,bigotted, homophobic or nationalistic slurs.

fortunately the majority of people in our our countries now recognize that behavior as derogatory, ignorant and appalling, (you do to, just to ashamed to admit it!)

JZ - 9-25-2019 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
BTW, I do not know JZ, but i do applaud the fact hes out playing with his kids - good on you Jz.
I wish you could have seen the opportunity to teach your kids a bit by explaining to them how the name of the game might be offensive to some people, so maybe you and the kids could brainstorm and comeup with a new name for the game - that didn't have the potential to hurt others. (although admittedly, the intent of the game , realistically is to hurt the ball carrier - so you've got that going for ya! )

I was joking. To get a rise out of Goat.

Paco Facullo - 9-25-2019 at 03:33 PM

caj13

Funny, I don’t feel ashamed ? I guess that I’m just too stupid to realize it ?

No worries, in 67 years of life, I haven’t had my clock cleaned yet ...

Fun conversation though but I think we ventured far from what the OP was about “slurs in Mexican soccer games”

Never take Seriously Harmless Fun

MrBillM - 9-25-2019 at 04:58 PM

"Sticks and Stones ........... Etc"

Or, as often wisely said ............ "F-em if they can't take a joke !"

Words meant to incite anger, of course, are another matter.

Disagree if you'd like. It doesn't matter.

AKgringo - 9-25-2019 at 06:21 PM

I had never heard of a game called "smear the queer", so I looked it up. Sort of a reverse "tag", where everyone is after the person who is "it".

Not only is the gender slur offensive to some, but "smear" is a connotation of violent, bully behavior!

Therefore JZ, if you and your boys decide to use each other as a tackling dummy, and don't want to offend anyone, how about "Detain the LBGTQ"?

Yeah, I know...it doesn't have quite the grab does it? Never mind, smear on, and have fun!

JZ - 9-25-2019 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I had never heard of a game called "smear the queer", so I looked it up. Sort of a reverse "tag", where everyone is after the person who is "it".

Not only is the gender slur offensive to some, but "smear" is a connotation of violent, bully behavior!

Therefore JZ, if you and your boys decide to use each other as a tackling dummy, and don't want to offend anyone, how about "Detain the LBGTQ"?

Yeah, I know...it doesn't have quite the grab does it? Never mind, smear on, and have fun!

When we were kids Smear the Queer was a huge deal. Played it almost every single day at recess in elementary school.

There would be 10 or more kids playing. It was a blast.

[Edited on 9-26-2019 by JZ]

Lee - 9-25-2019 at 09:05 PM

Nothing personal.

The more you write, the more ignorant your writing. Defending a stupid position makes you stupid.

mtgoat666 - 9-25-2019 at 09:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

You can name the game “butt fock the hetero WASP”
Or perhaps call it “@sshole kids beating up the weak”

Lee - 9-25-2019 at 09:11 PM

When we were kids Smear the Queer was a huge deal. Played it almost every single day at recess in elementary school.

Bet these kids would think ''Smear the ******'' is funny too.

Is this a class issue? As in this elementary school is for lower class? Any adult supervision around?

JZ - 9-25-2019 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Is this a class issue? As in this elementary school is for lower class? Any adult supervision around?

Didn't grow up in California. Pretty much everyone East of the Mississippi played it as a kid.

Not sure when it stopped being called that, maybe the late 90's, early 20's.

I don't think I ever even gave the name a thought. It probably didn't have the same derogatory connotation back then. But for sure, gay ppl were not a protected class back in the day.

JZ - 9-25-2019 at 09:58 PM

All mine do. No one gives a crap if you are gay these days. Doesn't matter at all.

Now a transgender using a restroom of the opposite sex, yes, I'll give you that. Not everyone's bought into that.

caj13 - 9-26-2019 at 11:11 AM

Well, I’m still going to go to the Xolo games and yell “ Eh Putos “ with with a smile on my face !

And you ALL are invited , as I believe that if you did attend a Xolo game that you would feel “the love” humor and spirit it is intended to be ...

Hey Paco - so if you had any integrity - and guts - why not put your money where your mouth is. instead of being a coward and hiding in the crowd shouting homophobic slurs - why not go up to the target of your abuse - look him in the eye, and man to man tell him hes Eh putos.

why not do that? i'm sure he will understand it's just a harmless joke, and you and he can have a beer together at the nearest Gay Bar - where you can shout out your joke out so all in attendance can get a laugh!

John Harper - 9-26-2019 at 11:52 AM

Well, I’m still going to go to the Xolo games and yell “ Eh Putos “ with a smile on my face !

Hey Paco - so if you had any integrity - and guts - why not put your money where your mouth is. instead of being a coward and hiding in the crowd shouting homophobic slurs - why not go up to the target of your abuse - look him in the eye, and man to man tell him hes Eh putos.

why not do that? i'm sure he will understand it's just a harmless joke, and you and he can have a beer together at the nearest Gay Bar - where you can shout out your joke out so all in attendance can get a laugh!

Nice, a 67 year old coot acting like an immature hooligan. God I hope he hasn't any kids, what an embarrassment for them.

John

[Edited on 9-26-2019 by John Harper]

Pacifico - 9-26-2019 at 04:51 PM

Bunch of hypocrites on here...

Smear the queer offends so many of you, but the N word doesn't?

One of your fellow Lefties posted it, so it's ok? Typical...

caj13 - 9-26-2019 at 05:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

apparently it served its purpose - no? you are offended? really?
sometimes guys post stuff toungue in cheek - to make a point. Obviously it worked!

kiterkip - 9-26-2019 at 05:22 PM

"Smear the Queer" was a game we played almost constantly. But I never ever heard that term since it was always called "Chinese Murder" in the 50's.

"Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Moe, catch a ___ by his toe. If he hollers make him pay $50 every day"

So much of what was child's play back then is clearly abhorrent by any standards now.

Pacifico - 9-26-2019 at 05:35 PM

sometimes guys post stuff toungue in cheek - to make a point. Obviously it worked!

Really Caj13? Of course you are defending the use of the N word.... You can OWN that, as you like to say! It's ok as long as it "served it's purpose" in your mind. You really are a POS! You and your type with your double standards....Nice try sticking up for your buddy Lee!

And, no, I'm not as much offended as I am surprised that he thinks that is ok to post on this forum. I'm even more surprised that a lowlife like yourself would defend using the word.

Don Pisto - 9-26-2019 at 06:01 PM

is everyone here nuts?

kiterkip - 9-26-2019 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
is everyone here nuts?

I recently quit Facebook and decided to return to a place with some sanity.... guess I got it wrong?

That Reminds Me Of .................

MrBillM - 9-26-2019 at 06:50 PM

Years ago at work, a bunch of the old ladies gabbing somehow got on the subject of that pejorative term for Brazil Nuts (N----r toes) and wondered what Blacks called them. So, one asked a younger black female clerk who responded "we always called them ................"

Yep, she used that same BAD word. Which is OK, I guess, if you're Black.

While one can agree that the term today is out of place, this nonsense of avoiding it by using " N-word " seems a little silly, but whatever.

JZ - 9-26-2019 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kiterkip  
"Smear the Queer" was a game we played almost constantly. But I never ever heard that term since it was always called "Chinese Murder" in the 50's.

"Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Moe, catch a ___ by his toe. If he hollers make him pay $50 every day"

So much of what was child's play back then is clearly abhorrent by any standards now.

Here is a whole page dedicated to STQ and variations. Ppl of different ages from different places chiming in. Most didn't think it had a sexual connotation - at least at the time.

https://ask.metafilter.com/284756/Do-kids-still-play-a-game-...

mtgoat666 - 9-26-2019 at 07:10 PM

Derogatory references to minorities,... you guys think you were just cute kids, reality is that you were little bigots and today you are not self-aware enough to see what you were, or you can see it but just won’t admit it.

At least mrbill admits to being a nasty bigot as a child and maintaining character all the way through to his sunset years.

kiterkip - 9-26-2019 at 09:41 PM

Derogatory references to minorities,... you guys think you were just cute kids, reality is that you were little bigots and today you are not self-aware enough to see what you were, or you can see it but just won’t admit it.

Oh bullchit. You are making a blanket statement here. How do you know who I am today just from my school yard antics 60 years ago? People do change, I have.
I stated it was abhorrent.

Live, Love, Laugh

MrBillM - 9-26-2019 at 10:01 PM

A few fun favorites from a UK website:

Sat opposite an Indian lady on the train today, she shut her eyes and
stopped breathing. I thought she was dead until I saw the red spot on her forehead, and realised she was just on standby.

They've had to cancel the panto 'jack & the beanstalk', in Birmingham,
Oldham, Bradford, Burnley, Leicester & Luton because the giant couldn't smell any Englishmen.

Years ago it was suggested that, "An apple a day keeps the doctor
away, but since all the doctors are now Muslim, I've found that a bacon
sandwich works a treat!

caj13 - 9-26-2019 at 10:26 PM

Really Caj13? Of course you are defending the use of the N word.... You can OWN that, as you like to say! It's ok as long as it "served it's purpose" in your mind. You really are a POS! You and your type with your double standards....Nice try sticking up for your buddy Lee!
And, no, I'm not as much offended as I am surprised that he thinks that is ok to post on this forum. I'm even more surprised that a lowlife like yourself would defend using the word. [/rquote

Nope, not defending it in the least, pointing out your hipocracy, you have indignation that N word was used, but defend crowds shouting defamatory slurs as good clean fun! The point of the post was to get people like you to recognize the double standard you have.

and boy - did you take the bait, you shout indignation about the N word, all the while defending those who are using homophobic slurs. The word was used to shock you into your sences, obviously , it didn't work, because you still have not seen the obvious double standards you have.

Grow up - hold people accountable. I know its hard when you agree with Paco, and its hard because you know he's wrong, but you just can't admit that - can you, so you try and wordsmith and warp words trying to provide cover for your homophobic behavior!
I never used the N word - never condoned it - just pointed out it was being used as a tool to shine a light on many heres inconsistancies and double standards -

congratulations, you are the star of the hypocrit club - front and center with the spotlight square on you!

and BTW - I consider being called a POS and a lowlife by an obvious bigot , who is clearly mad and embarassed that he got exposed- as a badge of honor - thank you!

]

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by caj13]

Pacifico - 9-27-2019 at 07:36 AM

And, no, I'm not as much offended as I am surprised that he thinks that is ok to post on this forum. I'm even more surprised that a lowlife like yourself would defend using the word. [/rquote

Nope, not defending it in the least, pointing out your hipocracy, you have indignation that N word was used, but defend crowds shouting defamatory slurs as good clean fun! The point of the post was to get people like you to recognize the double standard you have.

and boy - did you take the bait, you shout indignation about the N word, all the while defending those who are using homophobic slurs. The word was used to shock you into your sences, obviously , it didn't work, because you still have not seen the obvious double standards you have.

Grow up - hold people accountable. I know its hard when you agree with Paco, and its hard because you know he's wrong, but you just can't admit that - can you, so you try and wordsmith and warp words trying to provide cover for your homophobic behavior!
I never used the N word - never condoned it - just pointed out it was being used as a tool to shine a light on many heres inconsistancies and double standards -

congratulations, you are the star of the hypocrit club - front and center with the spotlight square on you!

and BTW - I consider being called a POS and a lowlife by an obvious bigot , who is clearly mad and embarassed that he got exposed- as a badge of honor - thank you!

]

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by caj13]

You are wrong on so many levels...

1. Where did I "defend crowds shouting defamatory slurs as good clean fun!" ? I didn't...

2. Was I "defending those who are using homophobic slurs."?
I wasn't....

3. Where did I "agree with Paco"? I didn't...

4. Where was I "trying to provide cover for your homophobic behavior"? What homophobic behavior was that? Sorry, don't have any!

You better go re-read the entire thread. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else? I was pointing out that Lee used an unacceptable word. It was obviously unacceptable to the standards on this forum because it got changed/removed. You pointed out that it was being used as a tool; I get that. Still unacceptable in my mind, but as long as you can justify it in your mind, it's ok. Did you climb up Lee's butt over the use of the word? Of course you didn't... If it wasn't for your double standards, you would have no standards at all!

Lastly, how am I an "obvious bigot"? For pointing out that the N word is unacceptable and shouldn't be used; not even as a tool?

Hard for me to follow your logic on that one! Typical Liberal move though...you try to flip this whole thing and make me the bad guy.

Deflect and redirect! (As you always like to say!)

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by Pacifico]

motoged - 9-27-2019 at 07:47 AM

The issue here is simple: you either think it's acceptable to be bigoted, racist, and threatened somehow by people who are different from what you see in the mirror....

or you are not.

What is so complicated about this ?

Lee - 9-27-2019 at 10:09 AM

Hard for me to follow your logic on that one! Typical Liberal move though...you try to flip this whole thing and make me the bad guy.

Fu*k is your problem? Clearly you are prolific in your bullshlt responses.

You made your point. You don't like me using the N word. Tough.

Get over yourself. Clearly you're looking to win an argument. You won. Happy?

Personally, I don't like political correctness which is what you are. That means I don't like you. So, fu*k off.

Paco Facullo - 9-27-2019 at 11:25 AM

Hello all you “JJJ” fart smellin’ perverts ....
( that’s a joke )

I guess I got to REALLY explain meself as some of you have taken this way out of context.

My position on the PC thingy is that it has gone WAY too far . Any further and we are going to be an homogenized society,
is that what you want ? Not me .
It could get so bad that comedy greats the likes of Dave Chappell , Doug Stanhope , Louis C.K , et al , won’t be able to perform their best material .
I have a good question ? Have any of you even been to a Xolo ( Club Tijuana ) game to experience just when and how “Eh Puto” is said ? It is said NOT to one individual but to the whole apposing team as a taunt .

I’ve been around here long enough that you guys know I am non-confrontational and haven’t resorted to any name calling when others have clearly been upset , and said so in derogatory ways due to not agreeing with my viewpoints .
A perfect example is at the start of this thread Goat says “Flock you Paco”
My reply “ Thank you Goat “

In the digital age of keyboard warriors don’t cha think if I was a racist I would have written at least a little bit of evidence to show so ????

Wish you all the best, Paco

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Paco Facullo - 9-27-2019 at 11:51 AM

Here’s a good story from Dave Chappell’s latest on Netflix.

During the Dave Chappell show days , Dave had a sketch that he wanted to use the work faggot , he was then called into the office and was told that under NO circumstances could he use that word !

So his comeback but was “ so why it that I am able to use the word nigga with impunity but not able to use the word faggot ?”
Their reply,
“Well Dave you are not Gay”

His reply , “ well I’m not a nigga either “

And of note, but Not surprising , Chappell was able to say Cracker and Whitey with full abandonment ..

Pacifico - 9-27-2019 at 03:44 PM

Fu*k is your problem? Clearly you are prolific in your bullshlt responses.

You made your point. You don't like me using the N word. Tough.

Get over yourself. Clearly you're looking to win an argument. You won. Happy?

Personally, I don't like political correctness which is what you are. That means I don't like you. So, fu*k off.

Lighten up, Francis!

Nah....not looking to win an argument; only defending myself from being called a bigot by Caj…

Now, carry on with your racial slurs...your buddies on here won't call you out for it.

Oh, and Ditto!

caj13 - 9-27-2019 at 03:44 PM

Hey Paco, apparently the mexican soccer federation doesnt have a sence of humor either: you better get to your next game before oct 4th! And please make sure someone is shooting video when you man up, grow a couple of plums, walk up to a player and call him el puto to his face - the sight of you and he laughing it up together will be priceless, and the perfect response for you defending "its just a joke"

or are you still going to be a coward and hide in the stands with the rest of the cowards!

so:
The International Association of Association Football (FIFA) recently announced that in addition to fines there will be other penalties: the first time the chant is heard, the game will be stopped for five or 10 minutes; the second time, the players will be go to the locker rooms; and the third time, the game will continue but Mexican fans will not be allowed to attend the next local game.

The first game where the new rules will apply will be a qualifying match between Mexico and Panama at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on October 15.

Mexican Football Federation president Yon de Luisa said the FIFA penalties could get tougher in the future if Mexico fails to stop the chant, and could include bans on the national team playing in certain stadiums or even expulsion from tournaments.

De Luisa and Enrique Bonilla, president of the Liga Mx, announced a series of actions that Mexican football authorities will be taking to eradicate the chant.

First, they will attempt to raise awareness among fans about the penalties that could be imposed and remove fans who chant the phrase and try to prevent them from returning.

The Liga Mx will also apply the same non-monetary penalties as FIFA for games in the league. The new policy will be applied at matches starting on October 4.

caj13 - 9-27-2019 at 03:56 PM

Here’s a good story from Dave Chappell’s latest on Netflix.

During the Dave Chappell show days , Dave had a sketch that he wanted to use the work faggot , he was then called into the office and was told that under NO circumstances could he use that word !

So his comeback but was “ so why it that I am able to use the word nigga with impunity but not able to use the word faggot ?”
Their reply,
“Well Dave you are not Gay”

His reply , “ well I’m not a nigga either “

And of note, but Not surprising , Chappell was able to say Cracker and Whitey with full abandonment ..

so let me get this straight - and i use the term "straight" recognizing the ironic humor involved.
so its Ok to call others El Puto because you are El Puto? OK I get it now!

caj13 - 9-27-2019 at 04:03 PM

Pacifico, your whole original was slamming "liberals" who had ddouble standards. I must have mistaken you for a conservative who believes in white privledge, and not holding yourself accountable. apparently i was wrong - welcome to being a progeressive, probably better to not tell your friends though!

Pacifico - 9-27-2019 at 05:02 PM

Pacifico, your whole original was slamming "liberals" who had ddouble standards. I must have mistaken you for a conservative who believes in white privledge, and not holding yourself accountable. apparently i was wrong - welcome to being a progeressive, probably better to not tell your friends though!

Caj, I think that is the problem; you put all conservatives in the same box where you assume they hate all gays, minorities, etc. and that conservatives are bigots. While I am more conservative than liberal; I do have some liberal views on things. It's all good...

Another politcaly incorrect term?

AKgringo - 9-27-2019 at 07:46 PM

Last week, I impulsively bought another rig that I thought would be a decent Baja traveler.

I also thought I should buy a vanity plate to possibly introduce myself to other nomads. The state of California would not allow "AKGRNGO"

If it's on my car, why is it considered offensive to others? PC goes too far, too often!

Paco Facullo - 9-28-2019 at 04:13 AM

And there you have it “ Gringo “ is nw officially NOT politically correct.

Does anyone here get offended if they are called a Gringo ???

Homogenized , totally bland society here we come., Orwell would be proud !

John Harper - 9-28-2019 at 04:58 AM

And there you have it “ Gringo “ is nw officially NOT politically correct.

Does anyone here get offended if they are called a Gringo ???

Homogenized , totally bland society here we come., Orwell would be proud !

The English language is rich with descriptive words, new ones invented, and archaic ones abandoned all the time. Orwell coined several commonly used words himself.

Grow up and be creative. The only thing bland is you. Dolt.

John

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by John Harper]

Paco Facullo - 9-28-2019 at 10:59 AM

So far in this thread alone I’ve been called

“Flock you”. By Mr. Goat

“Ignorant the and stupid”. by Mr. Lee

“A coward “ and to go to a Gay bar” by Mr. caj13

“an immature hooligan”. along with “bland and a dolt”. by Mr. John Harper

So isn’t the essence of being PC is not to put other people down ???

Me thinks some members need to do some serious introspection ....

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by Paco Facullo]

John Harper - 9-28-2019 at 11:46 AM

“Flock you”. By Mr. Goat

I actually wrote "like an immature hooligan," but I did call you an "old coot." Just to correct the record.

So,basically, you're saying you don't like being called names? Is that it?

Word for the Day: Irony

Too funny.

John

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by John Harper]

Lee - 9-28-2019 at 11:58 AM

“Flock you”. By Mr. Goat

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by Paco Facullo]

I think you're lonely and needing discussion, Paco. Fine with me.

Personally, I think the subject (eh puto at games) is a dumb one. At least half ppl think it's an immature thing to do. I'm assuming much of it's in fun -- I get that -- esp. if I had been drinking. The games are rowdy, no question.

So, dumb subject aside, this is what I wrote: ''The more you write, the more ignorant your writing. Defending a stupid position makes you stupid. ''

Looks like I'm writing that Paco's ''writing'' is ignorant. And, defending (and only if defending) a stupid (bad) position would you be stupid. Are you stupid?

Paco, you're not stupid but thinking eh puto is ''OK'' -- regardless of what your gay friends think -- is borderline bad. Equivalent to using any number of racial/sexual words publicly.

I apologize for my seeming insult, and apologize to pacifico for the same. This isn't personal but inexcusable and not on subject nonetheless.

Admit to being a bigot sometimes, usually around political issues. Interesting as I'm apolitical in the real world. The US and planet is going to hell in a hand basket and there's nothing I can do about it nor do I (in real life) give a shlt with what is happening.

My activist days are behind me. I live for sitting on the beach under my umbrella, throwing the fressbie for my dog, watching the whales, thinking about the great dinner I'm going to have with friends.

Enjoy the spirited debate.

Paco Facullo - 9-28-2019 at 12:48 PM

Vary well written Mr. Lee , no apologies are necessary as I was not offended. But a classy thing to do nonetheless !
I commend you.
I’m not Lonely , just killing time before the football game tonight “ the Boca Juniors vs Newell’s Old Guys” in the famous La Bonbonera stadium here in Bueno Aires .
Would like to comment more but Gotta run.
Buen dia

[Edited on 9-29-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Pacifico - 9-28-2019 at 06:54 PM

[Edited on 10-3-2019 by Pacifico]

Paco Facullo - 9-29-2019 at 09:10 AM

Political correctness ,

I not only talk the talk I walk the walk “against” what I feel that this PC thingy has gone way TOO far.

If you dare, go to the Couchsurfing site and search “Rusty Amoroso” in Santa Monica, Ca. That is me.

But PLEASE read my profile and especially the reviews from all the people from around the world .

caj13 - 9-29-2019 at 06:11 PM

Political correctness ,

I not only talk the talk I walk the walk “against” what I feel that this PC thingy has gone way TOO far.

If you dare, go to the Couchsurfing site and search “Rusty Amoroso” in Santa Monica, Ca. That is me.

But PLEASE read my profile and especially the reviews from all the people from around the world .
Bingo! thats your exact problem. You use the "excuse" of political correctness gone to far to justify your posts.
That is talking the talk!

as for walking the walk - I call BS. We all watched you squirm and weasil and deflect and obscure, and try and wordsmith you way into not accepting responsibility for your words!

when you are willing to call an individual - face to face - the things yoiu shout from the cover of a stadium crowd - or from behind a keyboard - thats when you will be walkng the walk!

But you will never do that because :
1. you know it's wrong
2. you are a coward

By the way I'm more than willing to tell you that to your face, pm me, I'll send you my address!

BornFisher - 9-29-2019 at 07:11 PM

When everyone is a racist, no one is.

Tioloco - 9-29-2019 at 07:19 PM

Time for some cold water to be poured on this thread.

Paco Facullo - 9-29-2019 at 07:23 PM

caj13

Do you really want to challenge a 6’3”” ( without heels and big hair ) 205 lbs of Super SEXY Black Transvestite ????

I’ve seen Rusty I action, she would take off her 6” RED stiletto heels, ( that do, in fact, go amazingly well with her red fishnet stockings ), and knock the silly out of whoever dis’s her !!!!!

[Edited on 9-30-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Tioloco - 9-29-2019 at 07:34 PM

make that some ice cold water! Quick!

Timo1 - 9-29-2019 at 07:57 PM

Paco I'm with you on all this garbage those others throw out there...One day we'll meet in BA

caj13 - 9-29-2019 at 08:59 PM

Paco, I repeat:

1. you know it's wrong
2. you are a coward

By the way I'm more than willing to tell you that to your face, pm me, I'll send you my address!

Paco Facullo - 9-30-2019 at 04:49 AM

caj13,

1. Yes is wrong , SO SO vary wrong. And I LOVE IT !!

2. Coward ? I’m a lover not a fighter ....

Meeting face to face? Yes, but only IF Rusty can give you a passionate kiss w/tongue then make sweet Love to you ?
You game ?

chuckie - 9-30-2019 at 05:14 AM

Its a shame what this forum has become.....

Paco Facullo - 9-30-2019 at 05:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Sorry that you can’t see the humor in this ......

Although I do realize that some use this as a classroom and there is no place for “fun and games” in a learning environment..

BIT then there’s always the class clown, isn’t there !!!!

JZ - 9-30-2019 at 08:55 AM

I've never seen you contribute: a trip story, a restaurant recommendation, information about a remote place, a picture of Baja, or any of a dozen other things.

Why don't you become part of the solution instead of b-tching about the problem?

Lee - 9-30-2019 at 09:31 AM

I've never seen you contribute: a trip story, a restaurant recommendation, information about a remote place, a picture of Baja, or any of a dozen other things.

Why don't you become part of the solution instead of b-tching about the problem?

Chuckles: consider some counseling for your expectations for this forum?

JZ is right. Why aren't you contributing to this forum instead of taking pot shots? I'm sure there are many here, myself included, who would find your Baja adventures interesting.

http://dharmawisdom.org/teachings/articles/tyranny-expectati...

caj13 - 9-30-2019 at 10:38 AM

caj13,

1. Yes is wrong , SO SO vary wrong. And I LOVE IT !!

2. Coward ? I’m a lover not a fighter ....

Meeting face to face? Yes, but only IF Rusty can give you a passionate kiss w/tongue then make sweet Love to you ?
You game ?

sure thing paco, maybe i can provide an example of how to treat other human beings with respect and dignity! rusty and i will have a good laugh about how you think it's funny to call him el puto - and then you can deal with him personally, i don't want to get in the way of unrequited love!