BajaNomad

Baja field Class - looking for stop between BA & LB?

caj13 - 10-11-2019 at 07:22 AM

Ok Nomads, thanks for all the help so far. It has been instructive in helping me lay out our study abroad program. Now I'm hoping for more help/ suggestions to fill in a couple of gaps.

1st stop will be 3 days in BOLA - at Glendale CC's field study research station.

from there we head across to Bajia Asuncion for 3 days to be educated/entertained by super guide Shari.

from there, we will head to Los Barriles: but here's the first place i really need help. that drive would be better split into 2 days.

so I am looking for someplace 1/2 way there, we could stay the night, but also do 1/2 a day of doing interesting stuff. history museums something like that. so Mulege or Loreto seem like 2 potential stopping places. anyone have any ideas, feedback on that?

and after we do L.B, including La Paz, we need to head back to san diego, and that drive really needs to be split into 3.

so I am looking for 2 stops to split up that drive, again looking for something historical / interesting to be used educationally as well as enough infrastructure to support 12 - 15 people.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
thanks

[Edited on 10-11-2019 by caj13]

mtgoat666 - 10-11-2019 at 07:56 AM

Most tour groups that do baja do a one way drive south, then peeps fly home.
I suggest you not subject your students to so much driving. Drive south, fly home. Less seat time in a car.
Or are you hiring vans or bus in mexico?

shari - 10-11-2019 at 08:32 AM

Loreto has a very good ecological group there that could be interesting for your students. Look up Chuck Mitchell and his wife Katherine for details.

BajaTed - 10-11-2019 at 10:47 AM

The history associated with the first native petroglyphs in Mulege and a introspective sunrise on Bahia Concepcion would be my suggestion.

CasadelCardon - 10-11-2019 at 11:50 AM

Caj13 see your u2u

Kathy

SFandH - 10-11-2019 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Loreto has a very good ecological group there that could be interesting for your students. Look up Chuck Mitchell and his wife Katherine for details.

http://ecoalianzaloreto.org/

caj13 - 10-13-2019 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CasadelCardon  
Caj13 see your u2u

Kathy

emailed you my contact info, and details

[Edited on 10-14-2019 by caj13]