BajaNomad

Can't sign in or open a new account ?

Russ - 10-11-2019 at 10:32 AM

A neighbor has been trying to sign in after a long time not needing to. Now everything he's trying comes back with a message that won't let him get on. Even trying to make a new ID he gets messages that won't let him change. ANY help out there?
Error message when trying to change account "That name and / or email has already been registered, please try again."

[Edited on 10-11-2019 by Russ]

SFandH - 10-11-2019 at 10:43 AM

This doesn't work for him?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/misc.php?action=lostpw

Paco Facullo - 10-11-2019 at 11:04 AM

Long ago I had a similar problem so I U2U Doug and he reset my password.

SFandH - 10-11-2019 at 11:17 AM

Yeah, but you can't use U2U unless you're logged in.

del mar - 10-11-2019 at 11:18 AM

maybe if he got banned first? banned members seem to have no problem opening a new account weekly!:P

BajaParrothead - 10-11-2019 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
maybe if he got banned first? banned members seem to have no problem opening a new account weekly!:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

David K - 10-11-2019 at 11:48 AM

Ya, that's pretty funny!

BajaNomad - 10-11-2019 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
ANY help out there?

Russ, there's only *one* admin... me. If someone needs assistance it's me, myself, or I that will assist. With few exceptions, this has been the case for 17 years. If people are unable to u2u, they generally call me, email me, or contact me via messaging on the BajaNomad Facebook page for assistance. Best forum for assistance is the BajaNomad Site Support with inquiries such as this. Thank you for your kind understanding and consideration.

:)

Now everything he's trying comes back with a message that won't let him get on.

Unless other information is provided indicating something else, this usually means that they are not using the password associated with the user account. Users can reset the password via the login page if they can't remember the password. The system - as with new registrations - will assign a new password and email it to the user, which they can change after logging in.

Even trying to make a new ID he gets messages that won't let him change... Error message when trying to change account "That name and / or email has already been registered, please try again."

Per the board rules, we request that users only have one active account. The system is set to allow only one user account per email address. Some usernames are filtered/disallowed (and thus rejected).

Best to contact me if they are using the same email address (and from that email address) - if for some reason they are unable to figure out the lost password reset feature - as this is an easy fix. I will give them immediate access via the email address associated with the user account.

If people contact me to access usernames but no longer have the email address associated with the account, this makes it more challenging to provide access to the account, as I make it a point of finding other evidence to ensure they are who they say they are.

Please advise. Thank you.

:biggrin:

[Edited on 10-12-2019 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 10-11-2019 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

:o :o :o :o :o :o

BajaNomad - 10-11-2019 at 06:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
If people are unable to u2u, they generally call me, email me, or contact me via messaging on the BajaNomad Facebook page for assistance.

http://www.bajanomad.com/contact.htm

:biggrin: