BajaNomad

Ms. Tidiana in La Bocana $30 sponsor? Found

BajaBlanca - 10-12-2019 at 12:36 PM

A couple days after we returned from Europe, I already went out to start cleaning up trash around La Bocana since it was pretty messy.

A woman approached me and said she has 6 kids and 1 in kindergarten and 3 in elementary school. I recognized her because she lives near the old trash dump and I have done many a clean up there. i have since found out that she is pregnant with child #7. Her husband was a drug dealer but has since cleaned up his act - he was on a hit list and paid off the debt, quitting the business. That is what the townspeople tell me.

Thinking on my feet, I suggested she help me clean up La Bocana for an hour every day and I compensate her by paying the school fees.

So, we started! What a great attitude she has, what a go getter and she seems like a wonderful mother. The family lives in a shack with no electricity. no plumbing. dirt floor. I am going to ask the delegado to get them some solar panels and also, they need better accomodations, I will see what I can do when I get back to La Bocana.

We have done many cleanups together now.

Tidiana clean up 1A.jpg - 51kB

Tidiana 2A.jpg - 42kB

Tidiana 3A.jpg - 50kB

So, I went to the kindergarten and paid $200 pesos for the littlest one. Those are all the fees for 2019.

I also dropped off some donations for the school and met the general elementary school coordinator who lives/works in Punta Abreojos.

Tidiana 200 pesos kindergarten fees.jpg - 30kB

school donationA.jpg - 40kB

I have no idea why the photos are sideways but I can not seem to get them to change.

I also went to the elementary school and they decided to only charge Ms. Tidiana for one tuition rather than 3. So I paid $120 pesos.

Tidiana 120  pesos elem school fees.jpg - 39kB

Each child has to pay for water fees as well and the total will be $240 pesos ($80 each). I paid one and still owe for the other two.

Tidiana water 80 pesos.jpg - 14kB

As you can see, the receipts are state of the art HAHAHAHA

Anyone want to take Ms. Tidiana and the kids under their wing?

$200 pesos
$240 pesos
$120 pesos
_____
$560 pesos and at $19 exchange that is $30 dollars.

Thanks for reading and have a grand day everyone!

[Edited on 10-12-2019 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 10-13-2019 by BajaBlanca]

BajaMama - 10-12-2019 at 02:13 PM

You are truly an angel.

paranewbi - 10-12-2019 at 02:54 PM

BajaBlanca...please check your U2U

BajaBlanca - 10-12-2019 at 07:42 PM

Thanks Paranewbi!

:biggrin:

TMW - 10-13-2019 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
You are truly an angel.

I'll second that

CaboMagic - 10-13-2019 at 05:20 PM

Blanca you never cease to amaze and delight and inspire!!!!
Please see your u2u message...
Lori