BajaNomad

Renewing SENTRI

BajaMama - 10-12-2019 at 02:39 PM

The US Customs and Border Patrol website has deleted older GOES accounts (mine was from 2016) - so how do I renew online? Anyone have experience with this? Can I create a new account using my Pass ID # that will access my previous information?

Sorry to seem so goofy about this.....

elgatoloco - 10-12-2019 at 02:59 PM

Call Sentri office at 619.690.7600 :dudette:

bajaguy - 10-12-2019 at 03:01 PM

Need to create an account at:

https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ which replaced GOES

Renew for Global Entry instead of SENTRI......"usually" quicker approval

[Edited on 10-12-2019 by bajaguy]

BajaMama - 10-13-2019 at 10:45 AM

I do have Global Entry and TSA-Pre too. LOVE it, just got back from Australia and clearing customs was 2 minutes instead of 30. Thank you for the info, I will create a new account.

apple - 10-13-2019 at 12:34 PM

Wait, you have Global Entry AND Sentri? Or do you mean you have Global Entry benefits with your Sentri? Because they are basically the same thing now, so there's no real reason to have both

JZ - 10-13-2019 at 01:28 PM

Here you go:

https://www.login.gov/help/trusted-traveler-programs/cant-si...

ZipLine - 10-13-2019 at 03:25 PM

I had no trouble logging in today with my "old" account. So... this may not apply to everyone.

Perhaps you are being more closely scrutinized...? :wow:

Whiskey Witch - 10-14-2019 at 07:04 AM

We just applied on line for global entry. Our capital one venture credit card rebates the entire $100 fee! You can add your vehicle info at the same time for no extra charge.

BajaMama - 10-16-2019 at 08:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by apple  
Wait, you have Global Entry AND Sentri? Or do you mean you have Global Entry benefits with your Sentri? Because they are basically the same thing now, so there's no real reason to have both

When I got my card through GOES, at the interview the agent said TSAPre and Global Entry would be included. I realize now that GE and SENTRI are essentially the same thing. Thanks!

BajaMama - 10-16-2019 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ZipLine  
I had no trouble logging in today with my "old" account. So... this may not apply to everyone.

Perhaps you are being more closely scrutinized...? :wow:

I originally applied through GOES in 2016 (?), now it is Trusted Traveler.

Ironically, I already changed my account, I just did't remember I did it 😂😂 Ahhh, life with MS has its moments.

tjsue - 10-16-2019 at 09:19 AM

I paid for my GE on October 5, and it's pending review. My Sentri is now expired.

BajaParrothead - 10-16-2019 at 10:13 AM

Applied/paid for GE on Sept 28 & received conditional approval on 10/02. Interview appointments for SFO are booked through mid March. Just waiting now to coordinate with the better half to pick our interview date.

LosCabosbound - 10-17-2019 at 12:50 AM

BajaParrothead, if you periodically check the interview calendar, dates for interviews become available daily. Generally 2 to 3 days out. At least this was the case for the Otay location. The whole process from application sent in to card in hand took under 3 weeks. Was very impressive.

BajaParrothead - 10-17-2019 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LosCabosbound  
BajaParrothead, if you periodically check the interview calendar, dates for interviews become available daily. Generally 2 to 3 days out. At least this was the case for the Otay location. The whole process from application sent in to card in hand took under 3 weeks. Was very impressive.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. Unfortunately with two juggling schedules and the nearest CBP interview location being 5 hours away, it's difficult to jump and go. For now, we are set for March 27.

MMc - 10-17-2019 at 09:15 AM

I put in for my Sentri renewal in Feb. still pending. I did my expired one 2 days ago.

elgatoloco - 10-30-2019 at 05:29 PM

Submitted renewal 3/16/19
Conditional approval 10/30/19 - just logged in and saw it
Interview scheduled 11/04/19 - just scheduled for wife and I at Otay

We shall see if our renewal gets approved or not after our interview. :saint:

elgatoloco - 11-6-2019 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Submitted renewal 3/16/19
Conditional approval 10/30/19 - just logged in and saw it
Interview scheduled 11/04/19 - just scheduled for wife and I at Otay

We shall see if our renewal gets approved or not after our interview. :saint:

Monday we showed up at 3:05 for our 3:30 appointment. We were called up at 3:20. We were asked a few benign questions about home address and why we went to Indonesia (Bali) in 2017. We took a new picture and did the fingerprint thing. I asked officer to remove a vehicle from approved vehicle list that I had gifted to nephew. We were done with interview at 3:35 paid our fees and out the door at 3:40. Prior to getting home I received an email notification that we had been approved. I was able to log in to my dashboard and add a new vehicle. In two weeks we get our new cards and they are good until 2024.

We have had Sentri since 2002. I approximate, conservatively, that we have saved somewhere in the neighborhood of 350-500 hours of border wait time in that period never mind the stress of wondering "what it will be this time?"

Viva Sentri!

Ateo - 11-6-2019 at 11:01 PM

I'm still waiting on my renewal after submitting in March.......

billklaser - 11-7-2019 at 01:02 AM

I also submitted in March, still waiting.

tjsue - 11-7-2019 at 12:31 PM

My GE is still pending, but it's only been a month.

tunaeater - 11-8-2019 at 07:33 PM

I've been waiting for my Sentri renewal since December. Called the Sentri and they told me I'm very close. That was 3 weeks ago and it's still pending. I use it frequently and last time through I spoke to the officer about it. They said I would have up to a year from the expiration date of 7/19....

Estrella - 11-10-2019 at 04:07 PM

Maybe someone can help me. We have our GOES cards..wonderful thing to have...But I would like to add our vehicle for SENTRI. I looked at the different sites and application process. It says to just add your vehicle you need to register it through your GOES account for a $42 fee and then schedule an inspection. Got that but not where in the online applications to do that? Has anyone done this after you have received your GOES card. Many Thanks.

Ateo - 12-12-2019 at 08:53 AM

Still waiting on my Sentri renewal...........10 months now! INSANE!

Vehicle Update

bajaguy - 12-12-2019 at 08:57 AM

NOTE:.....the GOES system/name doesn't exist anymore. It is now the Trusted Traveler Program

Vehicle Update - https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/sentri/...

Quote: Originally posted by Estrella  
Maybe someone can help me. We have our GOES cards..wonderful thing to have...But I would like to add our vehicle for SENTRI. I looked at the different sites and application process. It says to just add your vehicle you need to register it through your GOES account for a $42 fee and then schedule an inspection. Got that but not where in the online applications to do that? Has anyone done this after you have received your GOES card. Many Thanks.