BajaNomad

scared fish

fishinrich - 3-21-2005 at 12:50 PM

I just spent 10 days south of mulege right inside conception bay. The wind allowed me three days outside of the bay to do some spearfishing. Two days I hunted along punta conception and one under the microwave towers just south of town. Every fish I encountered reacted as if I was the scurge of the ocean, making a beeline for the closest cave or overhang and wedging themselves in tight. No where in baja have I seen fish so scared. Pargo and triggers would just disappear, cabrilla and perico would keep a very safe distance and if I started hunting them would just swim off into the abyss. Even the schols of barracuda were standoffish. That area must get hammered hard by the local divers. Just north of there at punta chivato the fish were very friendly, of course that ment I was eating good. As I was diving for chocolate clams inside the bay there was always a nice size school of spotted bay bass rooting around in the holes I left, I did not see much else inside the bay or around the islands but then that is expected. The weather was real nice and the shrimp guy that came by camp made up the difference. fishin rich

Rich - got your notes, came down to

capt. mike - 3-22-2005 at 05:56 AM

nacho's no. 7 but other people were there, sorry we didn't hook up - next time, later.:tumble:

Bruce R Leech - 3-22-2005 at 07:58 AM

mabey it was your deodorant:lol:

or more likely I think our fish here in Mulege are just smarter than all the rest.

hook up

fishinrich - 3-22-2005 at 10:51 AM

Mike I was at playa los naranjos. I figured the trailer was yours with the arizona plate bajafly and the viva baja sticker on the windows. Like you said, next time. Sure were a lot of planes there that weekend what was going on? fishin rich