BajaNomad

FMM Tourist Card Office in Mexicali

lobodelmar - 10-15-2019 at 02:44 PM

Can someone tell me where you get the FMM permit when crossing in Mexicali? We normally cross in Tijuana and are familiar with that? Also, is it preferred to cross southbound at the West crossing when coming from San Diego and do you have an idea how long the line for the FMM typically is?

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong spot or has been previously answered!

David K - 10-15-2019 at 02:57 PM

Welcome to Nomad.
There is a question & answer forum.
This was just asked earlier... No worries.
The new west or downtown Mexicali crossing is easy to use. The INM office (where you get the FMM) is on the left at the border. Parking on either side available.

lobodelmar - 10-16-2019 at 07:59 AM

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I'll make sure to check the Q&A forum before posting future questions. I'm still getting familiar with the site, but really appreciate the wealth of information available here.

David K - 10-16-2019 at 08:23 AM

You will also find loads of info in the Road Conditions forum and the Historical Interests forum on Nomad.

For daily viewing, click on the link at the top of the page called "Today's Posts" and see the newest posts and replies from ALL the Nomad Baja forums, together on one page. You also select how many days to look back. No need to look at forums separately to see what is new.