BajaNomad

El Chapo's son was captured

BajaTed - 10-17-2019 at 06:19 PM

How long till he is free again???
Chaos until then, stay indoors

mtgoat666 - 10-17-2019 at 06:33 PM

And all day the cartel and army fought it out on streets of Culiacán like it was Beirut 1985.

Bajaboy - 10-17-2019 at 07:50 PM

Having my 52nd birthday party there for Leap Year! Love that city and it's people.

Hook - 10-17-2019 at 09:03 PM

The REAL news is not so much his capture, as the ensuing firefight afterwards. You don't need to look at sites like Borderland Beat or Lineadirectaportal.com to get coverage. It's on sites like CNBC, BBC, NY Post, The Guardian. Very heavy fighting!!!!

No indication if it has stopped. The whole city was told to hunker down in place, as there was gunfire reported in several parts of the city. The cartels used burning trucks across highways to try and slow down police reinforcements.

Maybe it's time we stop paying so much attention to the Middle East and look at what's going on in Latin America.

del mar - 10-17-2019 at 09:17 PM

sounds like junior has been released!

BajaNomad - 10-18-2019 at 12:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

"El Chapo's son released after capture as violence erupts in Mexico's state of Sinaloa"

https://abc7.com/el-chapos-son-released-after-capture-as-vio...

BajaBlanca - 10-18-2019 at 03:56 AM

What a crazy world.

DaliDali - 10-18-2019 at 05:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

"El Chapo's son released after capture as violence erupts in Mexico's state of Sinaloa"

Set free from jail?.....Imagine that.

"Twenty prisoners were set free from jail, where they quickly joined the uprising, carjacking vehicles and taking off. Several have been re-captured, but others remain on the loose"

mtgoat666 - 10-18-2019 at 05:25 AM

It appears that Mexican government/military released the chapo turd only after the cartel went wilding on a rampage thru the city. Mexico needs to control the cartels, and stamp them out, or Mexico will lose control of more states. Several states are now lawless land ruled by violent drug lords,...

Bajaboy - 10-18-2019 at 10:37 AM

I'm more concerned about going to a concert in Las Vegas or shopping at Walmart than I am about travelling to Culiacan.

BajaTed - 10-18-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

It appears that Mexican government/military released the chapo turd only after the cartel went wilding on a rampage thru the city. Mexico needs to control the cartels, and stamp them out, or Mexico will lose control of more states. Several states are now lawless land ruled by violent drug lords,...

Just couldn't imagine him being in jail long, the blowback was real quick and intense.
The difference between Mexico and the states is that he would of been shot dead up here right away.
Ovidio had to play a lot of his cards to get out, the $$$ trough needs to be fed again, everybody happy in Siniloa.
Plumo or Plata, the beat goes on.

BajaTed - 10-18-2019 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
The REAL news is not so much his capture, as the ensuing firefight afterwards. You don't need to look at sites like Borderland Beat or Lineadirectaportal.com to get coverage. It's on sites like CNBC, BBC, NY Post, The Guardian. Very heavy fighting!!!!

No indication if it has stopped. The whole city was told to hunker down in place, as there was gunfire reported in several parts of the city. The cartels used burning trucks across highways to try and slow down police reinforcements.

Maybe it's time we stop paying so much attention to the Middle East and look at what's going on in Latin America.

The intense gunfire and nasty response (Plumo)
With the same intensity, the $$$ flows too (Plata)
Quite the business model to overcome, no deal will out weigh the status quo of bureaucracies on this side of the border either.
just another perfect storm

pacificobob - 10-18-2019 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
I'm more concerned about going to a concert in Las Vegas or shopping at Walmart than I am about travelling to Culiacan.

spot on.

thebajarunner - 10-18-2019 at 03:55 PM

Latest scoreboard shows 8 dead

Tame stuff compared to Michoacán on Monday- 13 cops killed in ambush

Tuesday 14 bad guys killed by soldiers

Goat, as usual, has all the answers- just tell the cartel to cease and desist.

Right on.... then demand world peace, end to hunger and a 4 bedroom house for every homeless person.....
Some people have all the answers.....

mtgoat666 - 10-18-2019 at 04:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Latest scoreboard shows 8 dead

Tame stuff compared to Michoacán on Monday- 13 cops killed in ambush

Tuesday 14 bad guys killed by soldiers

Goat, as usual, has all the answers- just tell the cartel to cease and desist.

Right on.... then demand world peace, end to hunger and a 4 bedroom house for every homeless person.....
Some people have all the answers.....

You got me wrong. I think we should equip mex with cruise missles and small nukes, usa should provide satellite surveilance, and mexico should carpet bomb the cartels houses, ranches, neighborhoods, etc. Sshoot to kill, wipe the cartels out, no need for courts. Let the cartel blood flow

AKgringo - 10-18-2019 at 07:17 PM

Having my 52nd birthday party there for Leap Year! Love that city and it's people.

I had my first Margarita there at Chapman's Motel! I was almost eighteen, had just graduated from high school that year, so my brother, another class mate and I headed for Manzanillo.

Culiacan was our first real stop because my parents had taken us there on our way south in the late 50's. Went duck hunting in the marshes with the motel owner the next day. You won't find me out in the sticks around there with a gun again!

mtgoat666 - 10-18-2019 at 07:42 PM

State dept travel advisory for Sinaloa:

Sinaloa state – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime.

Violent crime is widespread. Criminal organizations are based and operating in Sinaloa state.

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

Mazatlan: U.S. government employees may travel by air or sea only. U.S. government employees are limited to the Zona Dorada and historic town center, and must use direct routes when traveling to and from those locations and the airport and cruise terminals.

Los Mochis and Topolobampo: U.S. government employees may travel by air or sea only. U.S. government employees are restricted to the city and the port, and must use direct routes when traveling between these locations and to and from the airport.

mtgoat666 - 10-18-2019 at 07:48 PM

The state dept Mexico summary....

Do Not Travel to:
Colima state due to crime.
Guerrero state due to crime.
Michoacán state due to crime.
Sinaloa state due to crime.
Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.

norte - 10-18-2019 at 08:37 PM

I guess you like people running around shooting others with 50 caliber sniper rifles and machine guns.

Bajaboy - 10-19-2019 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

I guess you like people running around shooting others with 50 caliber sniper rifles and machine guns.

They don't aim at innocent concert goers/shoppers/school children/church goers, etc. Been to Culiacan a number of times and felt very safe and the people were very welcoming.

chippy - 10-19-2019 at 02:32 PM

The state dept Mexico summary....

Do Not Travel to:
Colima state due to crime.
Guerrero state due to crime.
Michoacán state due to crime.
Sinaloa state due to crime.
Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.

Stay in your pen goat:lol::lol::lol:

Bajaboy - 10-19-2019 at 02:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

I had my first Margarita there at Chapman's Motel! I was almost eighteen, had just graduated from high school that year, so my brother, another class mate and I headed for Manzanillo.

Culiacan was our first real stop because my parents had taken us there on our way south in the late 50's. Went duck hunting in the marshes with the motel owner the next day. You won't find me out in the sticks around there with a gun again!

My good friend is a lawyer for the government by day and owns a rock bar by night. He's well connected and respected. We've met so many great people there. But then again, my friend is quick to point out places to stay away from. It's very obvious there is a lot of narco money floating around with all the fancy cars, new buildings, etc. So yes, we pay attention to where we go and don't get off the beaten path.

mtgoat666 - 10-19-2019 at 06:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

My good friend is a lawyer for the government by day and owns a rock bar by night. He's well connected and respected. We've met so many great people there. But then again, my friend is quick to point out places to stay away from. It's very obvious there is a lot of narco money floating around with all the fancy cars, new buildings, etc. So yes, we pay attention to where we go and don't get off the beaten path.

A few days ago it was anarchy, narcos wilding in the street, spraying the town with 50 cal automatic truck mount.
Great place!

If the populace allows narcos to run the town, then the populace is complicit, morally bankrupt.
Great place!

DaliDali - 10-20-2019 at 10:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

If the populace allows narcos to run the town, then the populace is complicit, morally bankrupt.
By that same logic, you would be complicit, morally bankrupt, because you "allow" Comandante Twitter to remain in the White House. :lol:

Destroyed thirty three thousand emails
Destroyed phones
Destroyed email servers
Men died.......she lied

But by gawd she was a fine and moral woman.

It was a NO brainer!!

DaliDali - 10-20-2019 at 10:34 AM

The government of Mexico folded like a wet towel.

AMLO lost any creds he may have had....

They had Junior by the nads.......let him go.
Had his hermanos by the nads in the slammer....let em go.

Now you tell me who controls Mexico?

mtgoat666 - 10-20-2019 at 12:05 PM

By that same logic, you would be complicit, morally bankrupt, because you "allow" Comandante Twitter to remain in the White House. :lol:

Every day I do my little bit to push forward the impeachment of the small-handed, fat tin-pot dictator and send him back to his bed bug hotels.

Resist!

Nancy Pelosi is superwoman!

verichip - 10-20-2019 at 12:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
The government of Mexico folded like a wet towel.

Now you tell me who controls Mexico?

Trump stands against cocaine and heroin.
Burns it at sea.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coast+guard+burns+drugs&...

And you believe the propaganda from the drug cartel to impeach Trump.

shari - 10-20-2019 at 03:33 PM

Word on the street and on Facebook from the local folk is that the government did the right thing to protect all the innocent people in harms way. The jist of the comments I am reading and hearing is that not every battle can be won in this war...at times leaders must decide to retreat, regroup and fight another day another way if the casualties are too heavy.

elgatoloco - 10-21-2019 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Destroyed thirty three thousand emails
Destroyed phones
Destroyed email servers
Men died.......she lied

But by gawd she was a fine and moral woman.

It was a NO brainer!!

Re: lies - compared to trump Hillary is a neophyte.

trump and morals :lol::lol:

Keep sucking up the conspiracy theories and double down on your pussy grabber in chief.

tic..tic..tic..tic

Bubba - 10-21-2019 at 11:41 AM

That didn't take long