BajaNomad

Mainland Site

Diver - 10-20-2019 at 07:24 AM

Having noted a few questions about mainland travel in the past few weeks, I thought I'd share this site which I have found very helpful over the years. Enjoy !!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ontheroadinmexico/

Skipjack Joe - 10-20-2019 at 10:36 AM

Nice to hear from you again, Diver.

JZ - 10-20-2019 at 10:37 AM

Facebook is the devil.

Don Pisto - 10-20-2019 at 11:26 AM

xlnt site! :D

Alm - 10-20-2019 at 01:02 PM

Thanks, Diver.
Facebook can be good - sometimes, when you need to ask something, and when group is getting a lot of traffic.

OTH, finding info on FB is a pain. Lame format of posts, narrow column without paragraphs and font formatting (except for a thread starter) - probably makes sense for those accessing the web through the tiny screen of a smartphone, but makes it difficult to read.

With all those like/dislike/follow thingies it feels like something intended for 13-16 year olds. Wallpaper - when somebody creates a post on a bright pink background with flowers, stars and patterns, with heading in centered oversized bold font - there seems to be a correlation btw these "special effects" and degree of stupidity of the post. Maybe FB is really meant for teenagers.

I'm speaking of the FB in general, didn't read this particular group - you need to join before being able to browse the discussion (another lame feature of many FB groups).

[Edited on 10-20-2019 by Alm]

JZ - 10-20-2019 at 04:21 PM

Teenagers don't use FB. I have 3 of them, and none of them have posted on it once.

It's the millenials.

kiterkip - 10-20-2019 at 04:35 PM

Facebook can be the devil when you get weak and fall into another argument with a troll. Wait a minute... here too?
Been on OTRIM since it started, it's good if when you remember how to search for specifics.

Alm - 10-20-2019 at 05:24 PM

I can think of one reason for some forum admins to keep it on FB - zero cost.

mtgoat666 - 10-20-2019 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Teenagers don't use FB. I have 3 of them, and none of them have posted on it once.

It's the millenials.

I find kids as they get out of their teens and into their teens, and become less me-focused, they become facebookers.
Once they get jobs and responsibilities they usually drop some of the inane social media apps that teens use....

Jizz, I have noticed that you seem to be pretty tech-obsessed... just sayin’

Timo1 - 10-20-2019 at 07:17 PM

C'mon guys
All Diver wanted to do was help a bit...It's no wonder we havn't seen him for so long

bajamary1952 - 10-22-2019 at 11:22 AM

That site is O.K. but I find it more "tourists" rather than "travelers" so don't look at it much.

Archie - 10-22-2019 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Thanks, Diver.Facebook can be good - sometimes, when you need to ask something, and when group is getting a lot of traffic. OTH, finding info on FB is a pain. Lame format of posts, narrow column without paragraphs and font formatting (except for a thread starter) - probably makes sense for those accessing the web through the tiny screen of a smartphone, but makes it difficult to read. With all those like/dislike/follow thingies it feels like something intended for 13-16 year olds. Wallpaper - when somebody creates a post on a bright pink background with flowers, stars and patterns, with heading in centered oversized bold font - there seems to be a correlation btw these "special effects" and degree of stupidity of the post. Maybe FB is really meant for teenagers. I'm speaking of the FB in general, didn't read this particular group - you need to join before being able to browse the discussion (another lame feature of many FB groups). [Edited on 10-20-2019 by Alm]