BajaNomad

Looking to share a place or rent a room La Ventana

Element Gypsy - 10-23-2019 at 03:28 AM

Hi everyone,
It's that time again. Longing for Baja. A friend of mine is going down soon for about 4 months and it got me thinking..... I need to start planning.

My favorite part of Baja so far is watching the kite surfers, so I want to go to La Ventana for a month or 2. Maybe I will learn to kite surf this year...

Last time I caravaned down with a great traveler and kite surfer and we camped everywhere. The trip was awesome and went smooth.
Then I took the ferry over to the main land and drove to visit friends in Puerto Vallarta fora few weeks. I didn't like it much and I have no interest in going back there or to the main land, I like the slower pace of Baja.

I would like to rent a room this time so I can stay longer.

I have not made plans yet, but wondered if anyone here wants to share a space or knows of any inexpensive rooms to rent.
There are some in La Paz for 300 month.
I saw a hostel on AirBB in La Ventana for 15 a night but it has like 6 or 8 bunks to a room.

Just putting it out to the universe to see what happens.
I suppose I could get a bigger tent and a canopy to do long term camping but I am not as young as I think I am!

I can also do some work in exchange/barter for a place to stay.
I am a guitar player and songwriter so I can entertain.
I was in the restaurant business for 20 years and also worked at Inns and Bed and Breakfasts. Excellent cook. I garden. Clean, do laundry etc.
I can sew pretty well. Some clothes and household items.
I know my way around computers, marketing, editing, photography.
I am pretty quiet (when I am not playing guitar) and read and write a lot.

Just a thought. I am free to go anytime after Thanksgiving. I am in So. Cal so the trip is only about 1000 miles. I would like to drive down again with someone or a group for safety.
Thanks
Dee

gnukid - 10-23-2019 at 03:40 AM

Here is an active FB group with listings and you can also post requests for rooms https://www.facebook.com/groups/62086204895/

Desertbull - 10-23-2019 at 07:54 AM

Sounds like you would make a good wife! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Quote: Originally posted by Element Gypsy  
Hi everyone,
It's that time again. Longing for Baja. A friend of mine is going down soon for about 4 months and it got me thinking..... I need to start planning.

My favorite part of Baja so far is watching the kite surfers, so I want to go to La Ventana for a month or 2. Maybe I will learn to kite surf this year...

Last time I caravaned down with a great traveler and kite surfer and we camped everywhere. The trip was awesome and went smooth.
Then I took the ferry over to the main land and drove to visit friends in Puerto Vallarta fora few weeks. I didn't like it much and I have no interest in going back there or to the main land, I like the slower pace of Baja.

I would like to rent a room this time so I can stay longer.

I have not made plans yet, but wondered if anyone here wants to share a space or knows of any inexpensive rooms to rent.
There are some in La Paz for 300 month.
I saw a hostel on AirBB in La Ventana for 15 a night but it has like 6 or 8 bunks to a room.

Just putting it out to the universe to see what happens.
I suppose I could get a bigger tent and a canopy to do long term camping but I am not as young as I think I am!

I can also do some work in exchange/barter for a place to stay.
I am a guitar player and songwriter so I can entertain.
I was in the restaurant business for 20 years and also worked at Inns and Bed and Breakfasts. Excellent cook. I garden. Clean, do laundry etc.
I can sew pretty well. Some clothes and household items.
I know my way around computers, marketing, editing, photography.
I am pretty quiet (when I am not playing guitar) and read and write a lot.

Just a thought. I am free to go anytime after Thanksgiving. I am in So. Cal so the trip is only about 1000 miles. I would like to drive down again with someone or a group for safety.
Thanks
Dee

Element Gypsy - 10-24-2019 at 01:52 PM

Thanks for the FB link gnukid

and yes desertbull, I was a good wife, now I am single.

Diver - 10-24-2019 at 05:19 PM

Also this site.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/421458964632341/