BajaNomad

Park permit office in Loreto

Mulege Canuck - 11-4-2019 at 07:58 PM

I am going to sail my Trimaran (Windrider 17), from Mulege down to Aqua Verde. I need to get a park permit when we stop in Loreto. Does anyone know where the park office is? Can you walk from the harbour to it?

When we are done I will post a trip report.

Gracias

billklaser - 11-4-2019 at 11:13 PM

The office is right at the Marina. Close to the boat ramp. You can't miss it.

Mulege Canuck - 11-5-2019 at 06:04 AM

Thank you Bill

Do you know if is a place to get a shower at the marina?

Do you think I would have any issues leaving my boat there unattended while we go shopping?

Bob and Susan - 11-5-2019 at 06:20 AM

that's like a BIG hobie cat...no one will bother that

that's going to be one wet trip

Mulege Canuck - 11-5-2019 at 06:26 AM

I will lock up my Honda 2 hp. Really only get soaked when your pointing. Should be a great trip.

John Harper - 11-5-2019 at 06:56 AM

That Windrider 17 looks like my old Hobie 16 with a canoe strapped between the pontoons. I kind of like it. How much storage? Can you sleep in it?

John

Mulege Canuck - 11-5-2019 at 07:50 AM

Lots of storage. I also have dry bags attached to the tramps.

I have seen pictures of people making a solid deck on them and put up a tent but we will be camping on shore.

CJ - 11-5-2019 at 08:38 AM

There isn’t any public showers at the marina. It would probably be best to talk to someone at the marina to watch your boat and when you return check everything out and pay them for their services.

Bob and Susan - 11-5-2019 at 09:41 AM

you're going to be out there all alone...things change FAST

i'd get a tracker and have someone ready to "back you up"
just in case

DSC00296.JPG - 110kB

Howard - 11-5-2019 at 05:36 PM

There are no public showers but there is a relatively clean bathroom.

Approximately 100 meters north of the boat ramp there is an outdoor shower that is primarily used to get the sand and saltwater off after a dip in the ocean. I have never seen anyone bathing under it but then again I really haven't looked.

I was out on the water fishing today and it was pretty calm with water temp ranging from 79.5 to 80.5.

If you are just going grocery shopping and not gone too long I can watch your boat for you if that makes your feel more comfortable. I'll just bring my folding beach chair, a book, sit on the dock and keep a set of eyes on it. I could make that my project for the day or might even make it my work for the week! Life is good!

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by Howard]

Mulege Canuck - 11-5-2019 at 07:04 PM

Thanks Howard

I might take you up on that offer. The outdoor shower could be an option to consider depending on how ripe I am.