BajaNomad

Banorte's takeover of Interracciones a work in progress

Hook - 11-14-2019 at 03:31 PM

Probably there are some out there that have their fideicomiso through Banco Interracciones. Interracciones was about the only one around that had a fixed yearly fee for the trust, when we bought our property.

Recently, they were acquired by Banorte. We have been in email contact with a rep in the trust division who, a few weeks ago, told us we can pay it with a US check in the same dollar amount we have been paying since 2008, at any branch.

We attempted to do that today. After a few phone calls by the branch manager, they conceded that they are having problems accepting payments from former Interracciones customers. But two sources with the bank have indicated that they will be good to go by the 25th.

Just thought I'd post this in case someone was going to make a long drive to a branch and fail to get it done. Maybe go on the 25th or later.

Russ - 11-14-2019 at 05:06 PM

I didn't receive my bill this year and emailed a request for one. I got it the next day with the change announcement. They also bumped my fee 10%. I thought I had a fixed fee too. But they said it was a 5 year contract and wouldn't change it back. Ripped off again. It's on a lot I have for sale and it may sale soon. I have heard that they are having problems with the sale change though.