BajaNomad

Easiest Crossing Southbound from Tucson

infinitysa - 11-27-2019 at 04:45 PM

Looks like I can do SLRC, Los Algadones, Mexicali E or W. I need to stop and get FMMs. Crossing this friday mid day, then heading to San Felipe

Any recommendations?

chippy - 11-27-2019 at 04:57 PM

SLRC by far. I donĀ“t know about fmms there though.

David K - 11-27-2019 at 05:34 PM

FMMs are required for every American or Canadian entering Mexico and they are obtained usually at the very first building at the border, inside Mexico. Find a place to park and walk into the building, look for "INM" (immigration) and present your passport. You can ask for a free 7-day FMM (for trips under that time) or pay for 180-day FMM (about US$26). You pay either that officer or a nearby bank teller window in or by the building. You return to the INM desk for the final stamp. If you get a pre-paid FMM before your trip, you still must stop at INM to have it stamped when you enter Mexico.

basautter - 11-28-2019 at 06:15 AM

I live in Tucson and always cross at San Luis. I have tried them all, and it is consistently the fastest. Tourist permits can be obtained just to the right as you cross (next to the bank). You can park behind the office along the border fence. There is room for a trailer. Make the first right at the light, then the next right to get to the parking spot. Have fun!

rocmoc - 11-28-2019 at 10:36 AM

If you do get your FMM online make sure you print out the receipt for each FMM purchased. Bring the receipts with you when you get the print out FMM stamped at the border or they will charge you again. Online it just states to get the stamp and nothing about the receipt but I had to run back to the RV and get the receipts for our FMM.
rocmoc n AZ/Baja