BajaNomad

I'm Baaaaccckk !

captkw 123 - 12-1-2019 at 05:20 PM

Been gone from here for awhile. Trying to get my posts and Avatar back. But no longer have that email address..(stolen) any suggestions to recover without old email address ?? Thanks.. ps. Baja dog still wearing shades...

thebajarunner - 12-1-2019 at 05:37 PM

I posted a pic of that dog.....
Loved the shades, "Joe Cool" for sure

Hook - 12-1-2019 at 05:37 PM

What was your old board name? Were you Mr. Outboard Mechanic, as it were?

del mar - 12-1-2019 at 06:12 PM

welcome back, and no CAPS!:D

David K - 12-1-2019 at 06:29 PM

Just message Doug (BajaNomad)!
Welcome back!!!:bounce::light:

Paco Facullo - 12-1-2019 at 06:30 PM

A friend had his email hacked and stolen and it was tied to his PayPal which was linked to his checking account . Had $7000 stolen and never got it back.

You need to have a Gmail account and link your "other" email to it so that IF one gets hacked you have a way of recovering it.

I don't link any back account to PayPal.

Paco Facullo - 12-1-2019 at 07:33 PM

Oh Darn,,,, And here I thought you were J.J.J. :?:

Paco Facullo - 12-1-2019 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Did he figure out how they got access to his account?

No, never did.... But he was using his PayPal with his business and the crooks placed two small charges that he didn't notice the month before so when they put in large charges ( the month later) that added up to $7,000 the bank let them go through.....

captkw 123 - 12-1-2019 at 08:00 PM

Bajarunner, That pic U took of her is rimless & Priceless to me. Thanks, Hook, That would be me. I specialize in fuel injection and Electrical also I/Os, cars, R/Vs Trucks and marine. Del Mar, I have changed my bad habits.. also my Old laptop would switch to caps. Grr! LoL, DK, I reached out to Doug. He said he couldn't change to email address for that bn account.darn

Wtf

captkw 123 - 12-1-2019 at 08:06 PM

Rimless ???? Timeless,. Lencho, I did get the old email back (Hotmail) got back in Arabic. That looks like fishing worms

"Rimless/Timeless"

thebajarunner - 12-2-2019 at 04:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw 123  
Rimless ???? Timeless,. Lencho, I did get the old email back (Hotmail) got back in Arabic. That looks like fishing worms

Who cares.... it is a great pooch, and we all should have trained ours to wear shades when they were young and willing to learn.
Now my 130 pound American bulldog just sits and makes his own rules....
Glad you still treasure that photo, it was a classic, I must admit...

BajaNomad - 12-3-2019 at 01:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw 123  
I reached out to Doug. He said he couldn't change to email address for that bn account.

fwiw... the above is inaccurate. My communications included the following:

"I was giving you a little time to get back to me from the other email address. Unfortunately, if I don't respond quickly I get buried in email. Are you able to contact me through the email account associated with the original bn user account? That would be greatly appreciated. Please advise."

For security reasons, it's best to confirm the person contacting me is who they say they are. Easiest way to do so is email confirmation. Otherwise it takes more work/discovery.

I've also been challenged on time tbh... which hasn't helped things.