BajaNomad

Where are the best winter time surf spots in Baja

JZ - 12-24-2019 at 09:33 PM

General areas?

advrider - 12-24-2019 at 10:08 PM

I'm just guessing the seven sisters? Moto's yes, surfing not so much!

mtgoat666 - 12-24-2019 at 10:27 PM

Secret!

No info for you, jizz!

You post too many videos!

Loose lips sink ships

BornFisher - 12-25-2019 at 08:14 AM

How do you want your waves? Gnarly or nice? Hohoho!!

[Edited on 12-25-2019 by BornFisher]

Ateo - 12-25-2019 at 09:30 AM

Goat..............do you surf? If so, I may lose more respect for you. JK. Merry Xmas.

mtgoat666 - 12-25-2019 at 02:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Goat..............do you surf? If so, I may lose more respect for you. JK. Merry Xmas.

I surf my kayaks and surfski My surfboard gathers dust.

Happy festivus!

bajaric - 12-25-2019 at 02:42 PM

Since I do not surf any more it does not matter to me if secret surf information is posted on the internet, but out of respect to those who still do I will just say the best winter surf spots have a sand bottom, or reefs, western exposure, and crowded conditions because all of the best spots are already well known.

bajabuddha - 12-25-2019 at 05:29 PM

A SEAL buddy of mine into surfing (he doesn't do 'small waves' EVER) always headed to Conejo (Los Conejos?) southwest cape area. If he's there, surf's up for sure.

John Harper - 12-25-2019 at 05:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
A SEAL buddy of mine into surfing (he doesn't do 'small waves' EVER)

Must have been a "steep" learning curve. Or another sailor's yarn.

John

[Edited on 12-26-2019 by John Harper]

bajabuddha - 12-25-2019 at 09:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John, if you knew this dude, he doesn't EVER do anything small. He open-canoed the Big Ditch (Grand Canyon) several times. Was in the Teams with ol' Jesse Ventura, back when Jesse was a real person. NO ONE I knew could keep up with him in whatever he was competing for.

You don't know any SEALs, do you? Didn't think so.

mtgoat666 - 12-26-2019 at 05:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John, if you knew this dude, he doesn't EVER do anything small. He open-canoed the Big Ditch (Grand Canyon) several times. Was in the Teams with ol' Jesse Ventura, back when Jesse was a real person. NO ONE I knew could keep up with him in whatever he was competing for.

Jesse ventura is a clown. Jesse ventura is a way past his expiration date. Ventura was a loud mouth liar like trump. If you are using ventura to validate your other seal, you have lost the argument. Try again!

basautter - 12-26-2019 at 05:27 AM

Scorpion Bay, or so I have heard. The place definitely has great riding though :light::light:

John Harper - 12-26-2019 at 06:03 AM

I was expecting your lame response.

Before my current job as a teacher, I worked as a contractor (SAIC) for almost 20 years with NSWG1, 3, and 5 here in San Diego. I know and worked with many SEALs, mostly NCO's and commissioned officers. Sorry to burst your bubble. Lots of them are braggarts, comes with the territory.

Maybe I'll see you at McP's some day, beer's on me.

Have you ever learned to surf? Start out on double overhead waves? Didn't think so.

John

[Edited on 12-26-2019 by John Harper]

paranewbi - 12-26-2019 at 06:50 AM

Dawn Paddle out
Or 10 AM wind turn

No one's up
or dawn patrol is burnt out

Best place to surf? Never in between

[Edited on 12-26-2019 by paranewbi]

BajaTed - 12-26-2019 at 11:29 AM

A double/triple overhead "secret spot" was lost when the wharf for the LNG plant went in. Was a favorite "secret" spot for Jim Russell the NB surfboard shop owner and a baja surf legend whose flame burned bright, but for a short time, R.I.P. Jimmy

chippy - 12-26-2019 at 12:10 PM

Isla Todos Santos. Go for it!:bounce::o:cool:

pappy - 12-30-2019 at 08:34 AM

Bajaric said it best....the entire length of baja ( pacific side) has good surf this time of year...some are right off mex 1 and fully visible from the road, some require a boat ride, some a dirt road or trail gets you there. Most will have a crowd on them ....

DawnPatrol - 12-30-2019 at 04:25 PM

Alejandros camp just north of Rosalillaita has a very long right off the northern point. I dont think thats a secret though. On a large swell you can ride it a long way

gnukid - 12-30-2019 at 07:36 PM

So there is no confusion, Baja is not a surf spot, there is no good surf, it's all closeouts and beach breaks, you'll break your board and get your face smashed.

MarthaJ - 12-31-2019 at 02:18 PM

East Cape between San Jose and Cabo Pulmo is pretty good: https://www.cabosanlucasbeaches.com/shipwrecks/

tiotomasbcs - 1-1-2020 at 08:22 AM

East Cape in Wintertime...tell everyone. Video coming soon.