perfect beach.jpg - 64kB

Don Pisto - 1-1-2020 at 06:23 PM

BOLA

BajaBlanca - 1-1-2020 at 06:36 PM

Wow, how gorgeous.

advrider - 1-1-2020 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
BOLA

What, really! What direction of town? I've just started to poke around the area in the last few years but haven't seen this one.

David K - 1-1-2020 at 08:03 PM

I think it is Este Ton on Isla Angel de la Guarda, across from Baja, just north of L.A. Bay? Graham camps there.

4x4abc - 1-1-2020 at 08:44 PM

yup, looks like Caleta Staton

Attachment: Caleta Staton (Este Ton).kmz (800B)
This file has been downloaded 261 times

Bajatrawler - 1-2-2020 at 08:10 AM

I believe this lovely cove is on the mainland, north of San Carlos a ways. Can't recall the name.

4x4abc - 1-2-2020 at 08:18 AM

GOOGLE EARTH confirmed that it is indeed Caleta Staton

larryC - 1-2-2020 at 08:37 AM

Looks are deceiving, the 2 times I have been there, there was trash littered everywhere, fish carcasses all over, no see ums were really hungry and to top all that it smelled really bad. Other than that it a pretty place.

David K - 1-2-2020 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
GOOGLE EARTH confirmed that it is indeed Caleta Staton

Caleta Staton (Este Ton):
https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=29.15843,-113.33005&z=16...

Alm - 1-2-2020 at 12:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
the 2 times I have been there, there was trash littered everywhere, fish carcasses all over, no see ums were really hungry and to top all that it smelled really bad. Other than that it a pretty place.

What can I say other than usual "welcome to Mexico" :) ... Through all my days of wilderness kayaking I have yet to see a boat-accessible or road-accessible beach in Baja that wasn't trashed. Most of garbage has been of "Mexican origin", not of tourists.

David K - 1-2-2020 at 12:16 PM

Graham writes about how he spent many hours/ days cleaning up Este Ton when he was living there in his book, Marooned with very little Beer. A group of Mexican fishermen arrived at some point and began trashing the beach he had worked so hard to clean!

del mar - 1-2-2020 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Graham writes about how he spent many hours/ days cleaning up Este Ton when he was living there in his book, Marooned with very little Beer. A group of Mexican fishermen arrived at some point and began trashing the beach he had worked so hard to clean!

paddled around the whole damn island without incident, gets back to civilization and gets bit by a big pitbull in la mision!

David K - 1-2-2020 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

paddled around the whole damn island without incident, gets back to civilization and gets bit by a big pitbull in la mision!

Yes, and he's going back to explore more of the center of the island... and to be safe from pit bulls! Sad he had to undergo the rabies shots!

Sparetimewanted - 1-2-2020 at 08:18 PM

You guys are the experts and have confirmed it, but it really reminds me of the cove immediately north of San Basilio. Regardless, both are beautiful and I wish I was there!