BajaNomad

Where to stay the night in San Quintin?

guerosurfero - 3-23-2005 at 09:02 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for a quiet place to stay the night in San Quintin? We're on a mission and just need a bed for about 6hrs. We're arriving at ~12am, so the reception would have to be open late. Also, we're on a tight budget, so the La Pinta would be out :)

Thanks,
guero

David K - 3-23-2005 at 09:10 AM

If you can hang on another 30 min. driving... get to El Rosario, right next to/just past the Pemex Station is the Baja Cactus Motel... 24 hour desk, great rooms (the new ones, ask for). Reservations: www.bajacactus.com for phone or motel@bajacactus.com email. About $30.

guerosurfero - 3-23-2005 at 09:19 AM

David,

How is the noise from the gas station traffic/hwy? Is it nothing a Tecate can't make disappear?

guero

David K - 3-23-2005 at 09:22 AM

I am a light sleeper, and the two new rooms above the office did get noise from trucks using a jake brake... However, the next time, Antonio put me in the back, downstairs new room... and I heard nothing!:light:

The Motel San Carlos, at the old pier...

vgabndo - 3-23-2005 at 09:32 AM

Is very quiet. Rooms as cheap as $20.00
All night security, but I'm sure the desk closes. If they had a room, the guard might put you in until you could pay in the morning. Carlos has a cell phone, but I have no idea of the number. The other places out on the bay may be equally quiet, I don't know their prices.

guerosurfero - 3-23-2005 at 09:34 AM

I'll have to say, it's location is really convenient. I'll have to shoot them an email and try to reserve one of those downstairs back-rooms :) Thanks for your advice, David!

guero

David K - 3-23-2005 at 09:35 AM

The Los Cirios Motel just a block east of Mex. 1 in San Quintin was highly praised... but I have no details... maybe use Nomad Search?

Here is the thread, check it out: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=2489

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by David K]

guerosurfero - 3-23-2005 at 09:50 AM

Nice! I certainly have some options now. I'm not heading down until around the weekend of april 16th, but i'll definitely give an update when i return

guero

Nikon - 3-23-2005 at 11:38 AM

Just ask Vagabundo; the quietest hotels in the world can still have "Sexual Athletes" and drunken crazies. Every travel kit should contain earplugs.

Cyndarouh - 3-23-2005 at 12:55 PM

Before San Q. in Col. Vicente Guerrero is Motel Sanchez 01(616)166-2963 24 hrs
back rms in corner are real quite. Our friend built this little Motel like 15 yrs ago I think. Not sure on the real price since we usualy are guest. Have fun Enjoy

bahiamia - 3-23-2005 at 01:41 PM

I'll second that suggestion on Motel Sanchez...

It's very reasonably priced, $200 pesos last time I stayed there, which was just a week or two ago. You can park right in front of your room, and there is a great taco stand next door, just past the Dulceria. They serve up some really good stuff!

There are liquor stores nearby, a place to make a phone call, and I think even a Thrifty Ice Cream on the opposite side of the street just North of the traffic light.

It's a good little hotel, nothing fancy, but very adequate, and I've always felt comfortable staying there. Quiet too. No problem in that regard; it's back far enough off the road. There's a watchman there throughout the night as well.

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by bahiamia]

Cyndarouh - 3-23-2005 at 05:27 PM

Bahiamia, I will let Edwado know what you said it will please he and family. It is nice an quiet. So close to get back on the road again.

bahiamia - 3-23-2005 at 05:53 PM

Sounds Good...

It is a nice little place to stay.

MexicoTed - 4-17-2005 at 06:36 PM

Cheap and clean are the Motel Chavez and the new hostel, La Santa Maria.
Ted