BajaNomad

Snow in SPM

dtbushpilot - 1-16-2020 at 10:26 PM

Does anyone know if there is still snow in San Pedro Martir? Today?

Bajazly - 1-16-2020 at 11:50 PM

I can see the East side of the peak from where I am but it was off the scale hazy today, see if I can have a look in the morning and let you know. Haven't seen any in a while now.

mtgoat666 - 1-17-2020 at 06:54 AM

Check out the park’s Facebook page. They posted pics from 6th and 8th, showing melting snow banks at entrance at that time...
But the weather has not had snow in past week, so much likely melted by now.
Raining today in San Diego, but I don’t think storm reaches south of the border...
You can call the park office for real live person to talk to... They will know. Their tele number is on Facebook page.
You might also check the webcams of the unam observatory, gives you a live pic of the conditions at top....

David K - 1-17-2020 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Check out the park’s Facebook page. They posted pics from 6th and 8th, showing melting snow banks at entrance at that time...
But the weather has not had snow in past week, so much likely melted by now.
Raining today in San Diego, but I don’t think storm reaches south of the border...
You can call the park office for real live person to talk to... They will know. Their tele number is on Facebook page.
You might also check the webcams of the unam observatory, gives you a live pic of the conditions at top....

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SanPedroMartir/

Phone #: +52 646 172 3000 Ext 3229

Webcam (scroll down): http://tango.astrosen.unam.mx/weather15/

mtgoat666 - 1-17-2020 at 11:49 AM

[Edited on 1-17-2020 by BajaNomad]

BajaBlanca - 1-17-2020 at 02:25 PM

Our neighbor Nacho's son was there last Saturday and it was full of snow.

Nacho himself is going there tomorrow and back on Monday, precisely to take his daughter's kid to see snow for the 1st time. They plan on going all the way to the observatory and I can give you better info after they get back.

If you head north or south, stop by to visit! It has been too long.

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2020 at 04:58 AM

The answer is a definite YES to snow!

Our neighbors just got back.

snowA.jpg - 55kB

snow2A.jpg - 81kB

paranewbi - 1-21-2020 at 06:26 AM

bump to bury trolls