BajaNomad

Brave Hunter kills Bighorn Sheep near Tecate

LancairDriver - 2-19-2020 at 12:25 AM

Idiot posted pictures posing with large Bighorn. Story says he didn’t have a permit for the hunt. He has since taken down the picture and Faces prosecution.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sick-trophy-hunter-...

Bajazly - 2-19-2020 at 12:43 AM

He looks pretty gringo, what's the chance he get handed back to Mexico for prosecution?

Maderita - 2-19-2020 at 02:52 AM

This story doesn't add up. The photos and story are all over the internet and were re-posted on Facebook by my Mexican climber/adventurer friends. There are a group of photos, some of which contain several Mexicans in the posed photos with the dead bighorn (borrego cimarrón). When I look at the landscape and vegetation in the background far below, it doesn't look anything like the granitic escarpment or the desert terrain that I expected to see.
Tecate is a large municipality (like a county in the USA). It extends eastward, 35 miles from town, to La Rumorosa and along the steep eastern escarpment of the Sierra de Juarez. That is where the bighorn can be found. I am quite familiar with that area. I suspected that the photos were actually from the state of Sonora or BCS where bighorn hunting is permitted.
Then a friend and ranch owner in the Sierra de Juárez posted to another friend, an official with the Secretary of Tourism for BC, that the story is false, "Esta noticia es falsa, sucedió en el estado vecino de Baja sur, donde es permitida la cacería." (Google Translate: This news is false, it happened in the neighboring state of Baja Sur, where hunting is allowed.)
We will see what develops, but I believe this is a hoax.

Maderita - 2-19-2020 at 03:27 AM

More internet sleuthing turned up this article. It was an authorized hunt in BCS. Seems like the media and the public got trolled.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/caza-de-borrego-cimarron-si-fue-e...

mtgoat666 - 2-19-2020 at 06:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
More internet sleuthing turned up this article. It was an authorized hunt in BCS. Seems like the media and the public got trolled.

Even if legal kill, the hunt and subsequent posing for carcass pics is morally wrong.

BajaBlanca - 2-19-2020 at 07:32 AM

Holy smokes, what a crazy escalation of facts.

chuckie - 2-19-2020 at 07:43 AM

Goatley, everything to you is morally wrong....Nice ram, legal hunt ,great eating....Whats wrong with a little brag? I had my picture taken with Jennifer Lopez once.....

Paco Facullo - 2-19-2020 at 08:22 AM

All I want to know is "Do Bighorn sheep make good tacos"???

chippy - 2-19-2020 at 08:36 AM

Tacos de borrego. yum yum!

motoged - 2-19-2020 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
....Whats wrong with a little brag? I had my picture taken with Jennifer Lopez once.....

Charley,
What a lifetime highlight.....;)

When does the season open on shooting goats??

thebajarunner - 2-19-2020 at 09:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  

Even if legal kill, the hunt and subsequent posing for carcass pics is morally wrong.

bajaguy - 2-19-2020 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Yeah, just like posing with the carcass of a fish..............

chuckie - 2-19-2020 at 12:29 PM

I had a picture taken once with Motoged, but I never showed it to anyone...

motoged - 2-20-2020 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I had a picture taken once with Motoged, but I never showed it to anyone...

Chuckie,
Some treasures need to be held close to one's heart....I am touched. :biggrin:

It must have been a treat to see two guys eating pizza memorialized.... :coolup:

OCEANUS - 2-21-2020 at 07:18 PM

Whether the story is true or not...Trophy hunters are LAME!

mtgoat666 - 2-21-2020 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by OCEANUS  
Whether the story is true or not...Trophy hunters are LAME!

I use 3 words/phrases to describe trophy hunters: psychopath, slime ball, yucky people

I mean, come on, what kind of sick person finds it fun to kill large (or any) animals? I could understand it if you’re a poor hillbilly subsistence hunter/gatherer choosing between starvation and life, but any other situation and you are just a soulless psychopath.

Mr. Bills - 2-22-2020 at 10:14 AM

Dear goat boy,

I don't hunt but many friends do. None are poor, or a hillbilly, or a soulless psychopath. No endangered or protected animal is hunted; none of the meat or hide is ever wasted. Sometimes one of them keeps the horns as a trophy. So what?

Your feigned moral superiority is laughable. How many animals have given their lives so you could stuff your face? Is taking the life of an animal more moral if that animal was born and raised in captivity or no one took a photo of the kill?

mtgoat666 - 2-22-2020 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  
...none of the meat or hide is ever wasted. Sometimes one of them keeps the horns as a trophy. So what?

And serial killers havebeen known to eat their victims and save body parts as souvenirs....

chuckie - 2-22-2020 at 03:56 PM

KOOL!