BajaNomad

Southern Baja - Pescadero / Todos Santos Surf Fishing report this Past week Feb. 26th to March 1st

elskel - 3-1-2020 at 04:28 PM

Hola All: Here is a quick report for the past 5 days. I was North of the border the prior week. The week started with the surf up. Pretty much the same, we have been able to scratch a handful of Sierra most days. A couple of the days we had some of the larger ones come through. A few small rooster fish around. Actually the highlight of my week was not a catch, but one that got away. Wednesday I started out fishing Sierra, after putting a couple in the bag for dinner, I moved up the coast to fish Snook at one of the Bocas, a place called Palizada. I was throwing a Lucky Craft Flash Minnow 170sr, a jerk bait. Anyway, I got picked up about 15 yards off the beach in the dirty water, had about 80 to 100 yds smoked off the reel. The fish then made a u turn for the beach, as the line became tight again the fish must of rolled and came unbuttoned. Bummer, never know what it was, the Mexican guy fishing close by came over and told me, "Grande Roballo Amigo - Snook" anyway here are my numbers for the week.
Wed. - 2 Sierra - and one that got away
Thurs. - Nada - Fished for Snook
Fri. - 2 Sierra, 1 Rooster fish
Sat. - 1 Big Sierra
Sun. - 2 Sierra - one was big

Tight Lines, bk
I do post a few videos on Instagram: bk_elskel

Paco Facullo - 3-1-2020 at 05:11 PM

That's a dang nice Sierra there !!

Thanks for the report, it's always nice hearing about fishing !!!

bajabuddha - 3-1-2020 at 05:37 PM

Dat fish make beau coup ceviche! :bounce:

BornFisher - 3-1-2020 at 05:46 PM

Dang that`s two that nice ones that got away! The report from Ranchero Leonero said tuna and dorado from the beach, up to 25#. Word is out and it`s shoulder to shoulder people throwing anything chrome! Good luck, thanks for the beach report!

elskel - 3-2-2020 at 09:51 AM

Wow, yellowfin from the beach! Never hooked one off the beach.

Hook - 3-3-2020 at 01:32 PM

Could your "one that got away" have been a toro?

elskel - 3-6-2020 at 12:24 PM

Will never know.