BajaNomad

A place to take my rest

jajajaja - 3-5-2020 at 09:24 AM

Hi my name is brendon
I’m a 32 year old from San Diego.
Recently had a life moment that could benefit from a quiet place with time for reflection. (Mom died)

Looking for a house or something with space. A small casita or so...

I am trying to build out a van for living and travel, as well as practice my usual....gardening, music...etc surfing...

I’d like to be on the pacific side anywhere from tj to just about erindera (sp) but open to other ideas.

I have work trade skills or just cold hard cash. Either way I’d like to stay a few months. The more isolated the better.

Artists communities, weirdos, farms, surfers encouraged I get along well with all those types.

Hablo un poco español.

Thanks for your help....go easy on me...I’m jumping in solo.

David K - 3-5-2020 at 09:39 AM

So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad at the same age and my mom a couple years later.
I am sure you will find a Baja location to give you some comfort from this event.
Welcome to Baja Nomad.

BajaBlanca - 3-5-2020 at 10:03 AM

Brendon, we have a beautiful beach house that will fit the bill. Contact Les at cell phone 52 615 107-2400.

I am so sorry for your loss. Having just lost my baby sister last November, I sure can relate to the empty feeling. It was devastating.

We are 600 miles south of San Diego, right on the Pacific and only 8 expats live here full time. We go for weeks at a time without visiting each other but we also know that we are only a phone call or 5 minutes away!

Surfing is 10 min away in Punta Abreojos. Shore fishing will be a 1 minute walk from your house and the price is quite reasonable at US$750.

geraldalexander7 - 3-5-2020 at 11:01 AM

Brendon
Baja will be a good place to heal after your loss, I’m sorry.
I sent you a few options by u2u. I’m looking for someone to
watch a house I am building.
Gerald

pacificobob - 3-7-2020 at 08:51 AM

Hmmm, a plea for help, followed by ghosting. Seems like something seen here occasionally

advrider - 3-7-2020 at 07:56 PM

I was just at Blancas place and it would be a good option! They are in a very cool location! Good luck.

motoged - 3-8-2020 at 06:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Hmmm, a plea for help, followed by ghosting. Seems like something seen here occasionally

Ghosting ? Jeez....the guy posted a few days ago....give him a chance to catch his breath. Not everyone here checks in several times a day. :light:

JZ - 3-8-2020 at 07:10 PM

Mom and Dad died when I was 27. One month apart. A year after I moved from Ohio to CA. Been on my own ever since.

It's hard thing to deal with.

pacificobob - 3-12-2020 at 07:48 AM

Jajajaja, it has been a week since you made your appeal for help. Where did you go? I hope you are enjoying a "rest"

AKgringo - 8-21-2020 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cactuspete1970  

Well that seems about right.........Ghosting, followed up with a ghost post! :o

[Edited on 8-22-2020 by AKgringo]

TMW - 8-21-2020 at 09:01 PM

He probably posted on several sites and maybe one had what he
wanted.

bajamary1952 - 8-22-2020 at 08:23 AM

I travel around a lot in Baja & most of the time use Air BnBs. They are a little more expensive but you don't have to worry about utilities and contracts. I found it an ideal way to travel for someone like me who doesn't like to stay in one place for long along with flexibility.