BajaNomad

Corona virus? How are you dealing with it? San Ignacio

BajaBlanca - 3-15-2020 at 09:06 AM

We went to San Ignacio last Friday for me to get my insulin. The town was packed with tourists. It dawned on me that all of them pose a real threat to locals there. They pose a threat to Les and I as well! We have talked about how happy we are to be in such a remote location here in La Bocana.

I wrote to Kuyima, I really think we have to be proactive to get over the dangers of corona virus. It is scary how this pandemic is going to have economic repercussions the likes of which we have never encountered before.

At our bnb, I already had the habit of wiping down all doorknobs and continue to do this, I added to the list the fridge handle and light switches. The Korean guests workers from El Boleo who arrived today were greeted with elbows - they had a good laugh over it!

There is plenty of toilet paper here...packed shelves of it.

How is the corona virus affecting your life?

BajaMama - 3-15-2020 at 09:11 AM

We were at Kuyima 2/24-28. I agree, people come via air from all over the world and are in pretty close contact. Though right now I don't know if anyone can get there, the roads are washed out. How is cover-19 affecting me? Three trips planned over 6 weeks are cancelled. I should be in Maui right now, Dana Point and Las Vegas next month... oh well, gotta do what we gotta do to keep this from spreading.

pacificobob - 3-15-2020 at 09:22 AM

We have several couples arriving from the States
In a week for a visit. We are all considering the wisdom of continuing with the plan. I feel like nobody wants to be the first to cancel. Lots of local events and venues closed.

paranewbi - 3-15-2020 at 10:08 AM

Wife went out for gas at Costco in early morning today. Shoppers with carts already lined up around building. Von's store was packed and so was Walmart.

How does this work into the hunker down, isolate, theorem?

"Theorem definition, a theoretical proposition, statement, or formula embodying something to be proved from other propositions or formulas."

Other than being amazed at the craziness of the people outside it really isn't keeping us from much.

bajaric - 3-15-2020 at 10:09 AM

What about all the expats that live in Northern Baja and travel to the states on a regular basis for medical treatment? Seems like this virus is very contagious, only a matter of time before it shows up in Baja, brought down by someone who picked it up in a chemo ward or whatever.

On the other hand, as a guy pointed out on the news today, medical science has come a long way since the days of Spanish flue. They probably already have the virus' dna sequenced and know the receptor that infects the cells in the lung. Vaccine should be available in short order, as well as home test kits. AIDs was a lot harder to figure out, and eventually a cure was found although it took 5 years. Coronavirus will be eradicated, eventually, the only question is how long it takes and how bad it gets. Might be a big deal over something that to date has killed about the same number of people that are killed each year by falling off ladders.

As for myself, I am self isolating, drinking vodka with lime, and coating the surface of my lungs with tar from burning the leaves of plants.

Terry28 - 3-15-2020 at 10:31 AM

As if thoughts and prayers weren't enough...…..I am with bajaric

elgatoloco - 3-15-2020 at 11:11 AM

Thanks for sharing that. It was insightful.

pauldavidmena - 3-15-2020 at 11:32 AM

My wife and I are both introverts, so being asked to self-quarantine and practice social distancing are a bit like winning the lottery. On the other hand, we're denying ourselves little luxuries like dining out or having a beer in a local pub. I feel for many of these small businesses that are going to have to make tough choices, like cutting the hours of their employees or furloughing them altogether for weeks or longer.

On a personal note, I had to cancel a planned trip to visit my parents in Naples, FL. They're in their late 80s, and while they still live at home, they need help buying groceries, getting to doctor's appointments, etc., and no longer have any friends or relatives living nearby. A nurse comes to check up on them once a week, and my brothers and I are keeping close tabs on them.

Ironically, my mother's lack of mobility could be their saving grace in that they rarely get out of the house these days.

pauldavidmena - 3-15-2020 at 11:35 AM

Blanca - has the current situation impacted your school at all?

Don Pisto - 3-15-2020 at 12:01 PM

all schools in mexico closed this friday to april 20?

[Edited on 3-15-2020 by Don Pisto]

Bajazly - 3-15-2020 at 12:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

Was that this past or this coming Friday? Haven't heard anything on that yet.

Don Pisto - 3-15-2020 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

Was that this past or this coming Friday? Haven't heard anything on that yet.

mar 20-april 20.......Blanca?

chippy - 3-15-2020 at 01:08 PM

Down here (mainland) all schools closed 20th march till after semana santa/pascua.:bounce:

4x4abc - 3-15-2020 at 01:14 PM

I am prepared for the worst - I am hoping for the best.

Looks like Mexico will be the next Italy. Hundreds of thousands of tourist still coming in unrestricted. La Paz is hosting a marathon. Spring Break and Semana Santa ahead. Let's party the hype away!

as a friend wrote yesterday: "Seeing people out in LA this Saturday night is like watching the first class passengers gather for c-cktails in the smoking room or grand staircase thinking RMS Titanic was unsinkable."

Mexico will have 60,000 cases in 10 weeks from now. Mark my words.

nurse copy.jpg - 100kB

4x4abc - 3-15-2020 at 01:27 PM

for all of you who understand numbers. Mexico had 15 confirmed cases on Thursday. 43 today. See how fast that gets out of control (and except closing schools early, Mexico has done nothing):

progression.jpg - 94kB

LancairDriver - 3-15-2020 at 03:42 PM

It is beginning to look as if there is a lot more to this than the authorities are telling us, or they simply do not know. Viruses have been around forever and have morphed into different forms but that has been largely understood. It may be a stretch to think it may be a man made weapons grade bio-weapon as has been thrown out there previously but even 9-11 didn’t result in as much chaos as we are seeing today. Notice the concerned expressions on the ones attempting to offer some logical explanation. Even the Pearl Harbor attack didn’t result in this kind of public reaction. At least we knew what we were fighting then.

surabi - 3-15-2020 at 03:52 PM

I also rent a room in my home short-term. I have always disinfected between guests, but will be even more vigilant now. Faucet handles, light switches, door knobs, bed frames, headboards, remote controls, countertops, anything people touch.
I live in a somewhat remote location where I don't have to come in contact with others on a daily basis. But yesterday I had to go out on a major shopping trip. I brought Clorox wipes, disinfecting hand wipes and a big bottle of water with me. I brought a Clorox wipe into the stores with me and wiped down the handles of the shopping carts before I touched them. When I got back in my car, I tried not to touch anything in my car and cleaned my hands with the disinfectant and the poured water over them. When I got home, I wiped down all the outsides of the containers I had bought, then washed my hands well with soap and water (one of the best preventatives), then wiped the faucet handles I'd touched down.
I saw a couple people wearing masks, but most people don't have a clue how to wear them in a way that makes them valuable. One woman was constantly adjusting it, grabbing it with her thumb and index finger on the inside and outside of the mask. Unless her hands were sterile, she just contaminated her mask.

Ateo - 3-15-2020 at 04:53 PM

Hey Blanca. Hope to see you soon. Stay Gold.

LancairDriver - 3-15-2020 at 04:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Even the Pearl Harbor attack didn’t result in this kind of public reaction. At least we knew what we were fighting then.

I've been watching people's reaction with fascination and concern. Why is the public reaction in this country so much more intense than with H1N1, a similar pandemic just 10 years ago?

My conclusion is that much of it has to do with the erosion of trust. At this point even our President's staunch followers know that almost any time he opens his mouth, he's lying to us, so we have no leadership in this time of uncertainty, and we're seeing the result. :(

Don’t forget a completely useless mainstream media with no credible reporting.

chippy - 3-15-2020 at 05:14 PM

Even the Pearl Harbor attack didn’t result in this kind of public reaction. At least we knew what we were fighting then.

I've been watching people's reaction with fascination and concern. Why is the public reaction in this country so much more intense than with H1N1, a similar pandemic just 10 years ago?

My conclusion is that much of it has to do with the erosion of trust. At this point even our President's staunch followers know that almost any time he opens his mouth, he's lying to us, so we have no leadership in this time of uncertainty, and we're seeing the result. :(

yep

TMW - 3-15-2020 at 05:42 PM

Whether it was Pearl Harbor or even 9/11 there was not the social media there is today. Today every Tom, Dick, Harry and Susie is second guessing anything and everything. It's like everyone's brain is in meltdown mode. Here in Bako everyone is buying toilet paper faster than the stores can restock. Why does everyone need so much TP? Is everyone just full of crap.

It's the WATER ..................

MrBillM - 3-15-2020 at 08:12 PM

............. That wins the award for WEIRD.

When it comes to "stocking up" against possible shortages (as opposed to hoarding), arguments of varying merit can be made for foodstuffs and EVEN toilet paper, but this craziness over WATER (at least in the U.S.) seems bizarre. What possible (realistic) scenario exists for a massive breakdown or contamination of the municipal water supplies ?

For those of us not in Flint, Michigan, anyway.

Speaking of TP, "Social Distancing" might be advisable when near those who express the unimportance of said product.

All SDCCD classes are suspended 3/16-22, then online only

Whale-ista - 3-15-2020 at 08:38 PM

I have been sending emails to students to let them know NO CLASSES this week (March 16), and then ONLINE CLASSES ONLY as of March 23.

Just got this Information :

"I have received many inquiries from faculty about what the directive to move your traditional on-campus class to some type of remote format actually means. First of all, this does not mean is that you have to develop a full blown online course as we would normally expect for the courses taught through our regularly scheduled online platforms.

"What you need to do is to come up with some creative way to deliver your course material without having any direct contact with students. That is the most essential point of the directive: no direct contact with students. No exceptions. No meeting with them off-campus. No meeting with them in your office. No face-to-face meetings with students, period."

What this means: For the coming week I will be uploading files, scanning documents and creating new ways to teach between 10-15 different Business Information & Accounting subjects online.

BajaBlanca - 3-16-2020 at 02:47 AM

Indeed, no school as of the 20th for any Baja Sur kids. Monday (today) is a holiday, classes to be held Tues. Wed. Thurs. only.

Although I am not currently teaching, I did want to visit them this week. Maybe not.

How has this further affected us? Les's daughter/husband were coming to visit this week from Texas. Not gonna happen. My 45th high school reunion to be held in Brazil this upcoming August probably also not gonna happen.

In case something happens to me, I have chosen Xochi (pronounced SO chi) to run the scholarship program. She used to teach at our local high school and speaks English. She is younger than I. Another couple who is moving to Abreojos will run the future scholarship students - she is Brazilian and he American.

Two students were to have their graduation ceremony this Friday the 20th in Santa Rosalia. Put off until April but I also think the situation here in Baja, will only get worse, not better. I had a reservation for dinner for both families to celebrate with me after the ceremony...I cancelled it yesterday.

A local resident died in Ensenada on Sunday and they brought her here for mourning. Big gathering as always to stay with the body for 24 hours. Lots of people, close proximity. We did not go.

We have no more reservations at our hotel except for a wedding by locals at the end of next month.

Because we are so isolated, I have to confess that I thought we were safe. Then I went to San Ignacio and saw tourists everywhere by the hoards. La Bocana folks go there every weekend! When I stopped by to drop off some plant cutting for Juanita at Casa Leree, she told me "I am self quarantined". That is when reality hit me.

Stay safe, everyone!

paranewbi - 3-16-2020 at 03:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Indeed, no school as of the 20th for any Baja Sur kids. Monday (today) is a holiday, classes to be held Tues. Wed. Thurs. only.

Although I am not currently teaching, I did want to visit them this week. Maybe not.

How has this further affected us? Les's daughter/husband were coming to visit this week from Texas. Not gonna happen. My 45th high school reunion to be held in Brazil this upcoming August probably also not gonna happen.

In case something happens to me, I have chosen Xochi (pronounced SO chi) to run the scholarship program. She used to teach at our local high school and speaks English. She is younger than I. Another couple who is moving to Abreojos will run the future scholarship students - she is Brazilian and he American.

Two students were to have their graduation ceremony this Friday the 20th in Santa Rosalia. Put off until April but I also think the situation here in Baja, will only get worse, not better. I had a reservation for dinner for both families to celebrate with me after the ceremony...I cancelled it yesterday.

A local resident died in Ensenada on Sunday and they brought her here for mourning. Big gathering as always to stay with the body for 24 hours. Lots of people, close proximity. We did not go.

We have no more reservations at our hotel except for a wedding by locals at the end of next month.

Because we are so isolated, I have to confess that I thought we were safe. Then I went to San Ignacio and saw tourists everywhere by the hoards. La Bocana folks go there every weekend! When I stopped by to drop off some plant cutting for Juanita at Casa Leree, she told me "I am self quarantined". That is when reality hit me.

Stay safe, everyone!

Blanca...Make your (mental) plans to attend the class reunion! Even an Ant had 'high hopes' BEFORE tackling that rubber tree plant!
Our world changes incredibly fast today. Those changes can be good as much as discouraging.

You more than most of us have been that vehicle of change so be it for yourself to!

John Harper - 3-16-2020 at 05:20 AM

Sounds like FOX News advocates drinking KoolAid to ward of coronavirus?

John

LancairDriver - 3-16-2020 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Sounds like FOX News advocates drinking KoolAid to ward of coronavirus?

John

Sounds like a typical snowflake CNN news wonk sucking up the best of fake news.

John Harper - 3-16-2020 at 12:35 PM

Sounds like a typical snowflake CNN news wonk sucking up the best of fake news.

That's it? Name calling? That's all you got?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Need some cheese to go with your whine?

BTW, I never watch CNN. Couldn't even tell you what channel.

John

[Edited on 3-16-2020 by John Harper]

pauldavidmena - 3-16-2020 at 01:04 PM

Blanca - I'm glad you're okay and are safe and sound back in La Bocana. And given that you were just around crowds a few days ago, I hope you stay that way. You do a lot of great work for so many people!

shari - 3-17-2020 at 08:48 AM

the most important result from this is that my daughter & grandkids can come and spend at least a month with me in Asuncion!
We had lots of cancellations for whale watching this week and we may close the Inn for a bit. I am glad to live in a small village during these trying times.
Good luck everyone and I hope some positive effects come out of the devastation.

BajaMama - 3-17-2020 at 08:58 AM

As of midnight last night, here is the Bay Area we are shelter in place. Schools will be taught remotely. Husband is working from home. I have been slowing gathering things over the past few days of things we may need to bet by if did have to shelter in place. No, not panic amounts, but a few canned tomatoes to make meatloaf with the ground venison we have in the freezer. Well, and wine and bourbon. Bath soap, laundry soap, dish soap. The grocery stores are still open as well as pharmacies and other necessary businesses. You can order take out or eat in as long as there is distance between you and other patrons. The end of the world? No. I am happy to help the vulnerable stay alive.

paranewbi - 3-17-2020 at 09:00 AM

Turning all my VHS tapes from the past into digital. The Diamond one touch video is awesome. Over 100 tapes of travels, family, etc. from 20 years ago to present. Got 20 done about 1/2 hour each. Checking out the window once in a while to look at cloudy/rain sky over Santee.

Wife just got back from Sprout's and there's plenty of veggies, meat, beer...no Jalapenos, what's with that?

David K - 3-17-2020 at 09:32 AM

Did a run to Vons in Escondido an hour ago. Just a few people shopping. The toilet paper shelves are bare, bread shelves almost bare, meat counter closed, produce selection low. Otherwise, the store looks normal. Lots of beer and wine, cereal, dairy, oh, but no eggs!
Hang in there!

bajaric - 3-17-2020 at 10:58 AM

A couple days ago at Food for Less in E. San Diego they were out of bananas, rice, eggs, water, milk, ramen, and potatoes. Went back this morning at 7am, store was closed, line of people waiting to get in at 8am. Went home. I am a swap meet vendor, but decided now is not the best time to be handling a lot of cash in a crowded place. Just staying home. Have food to last a week.

This morning watched the news conference with Trump and the Corona team. Debora Birx, noted for her efforts to combat the aids crisis, noted that people under 30 that contract the virus have almost zero percent mortality rate. They get sick, then recover. So the concern is that young asymptomatic carriers will got out to bars, etc. and spread it around. It is the elderly and infirm who will pay the price. She put the mortality rate at 0.7 percent, doesn't sound like much but if 200 million people get infected, well... Also, I should note that my previous post about a vaccine may not be realistic. There still is no vaccine for SARS, a similar corona virus that was transmitted from infected bats from a cave in China. That epidemic ran out of steam after 8,000 deaths. It had such a high mortality rate it was self limiting. This time, you have a long incubation period, and low mortality rate among the young, not looking pretty. Interesting to note that while the new Federal Guidelines call for people to avoid congregating in groups of 10 or more there they were, the Pres. and the team responsible for fighting this thing, in a crowded room full of reporters while they were telling people to use Skype.

Another thing this crisis has brought to light is how many Americans are one paycheck away from being broke. The people that earn an honest living working in hotels and casinos and airlines will be out on the streets if they are out of work for a month.

[Edited on 3-17-2020 by bajaric]

John Harper - 3-17-2020 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
Another thing this crisis has brought to light is how many Americans are one paycheck away from being broke. The people that earn an honest living working in hotels and casinos and airlines will be out on the streets if they are out of work for a month.

Getting the coronavirus may not be the worst thing that happens soon. We are in uncharted waters, with a fool for a captain. Who evidently has no use for a sounding line.

John

[Edited on 3-17-2020 by John Harper]

David K - 3-17-2020 at 11:37 AM

There will be no evictions, or utilities shut off, for lack of paying. Income taxes need not be paid until later, if you owe.
The president's team announced it is going to push congress provide financial relief within 2 weeks. Waiting for the Senate Majority Leader to get to the microphone now.

pacificobob - 3-17-2020 at 11:49 AM

Getting the coronavirus may not be the worst thing that happens soon. We are in uncharted waters, with a fool for a captain. Who evidently has no use for a sounding line.

John

Well said John

paranewbi - 3-18-2020 at 03:36 AM

John

Both statements, a failure of self;

I look around me and I see a lot of people who spend their money on expensive stylish razor haircuts, six color tattoos, wireless earbuds, ipads, the smartest phones, idolized shoes, frequent out take foods, and a whole lot of other luxuries.

And some of them as adults cry for their parents, or elected leaders to provide care for their health, shelter, and transportation.

OR they have a handful of kids with the first arriving before they were adults.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lefty who figured out a governmental guaranteed months vacation in Cancun for everyone is a sure winner!

BajaBlanca - 3-18-2020 at 03:36 AM

May all of you stay healthy, wealthy and wise through this most horrible of times. If we could only go back in a time warp and self contain as of January.

Skipjack Joe - 3-18-2020 at 03:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

I am glad to live in a small village during these trying times.

The good news is that you are less likely to be infected in an isolated village. The bad news is that if you are infected you're in big doodoo.

Stay or leave? That's the question.

John Harper - 3-18-2020 at 05:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

I look around me and I see a lot of people who spend their money on expensive stylish razor haircuts, six color tattoos, wireless earbuds, ipads, the smartest phones, idolized shoes, frequent out take foods, and a whole lot of other luxuries.

And some of them as adults cry for their parents, or elected leaders to provide care for their health, shelter, and transportation.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lefty who figured out a governmental guaranteed months vacation in Cancun for everyone is a sure winner!

Wow, talk about passing judgment over others. What does any of that have to do with their humanity? No love for fellow man? You have no idea what is in these peoples hearts, nor their souls. Do you? Or, just your blind prejudices. What does hair color, skin color, or tattoos have to do with anything? It sounds like you detest anyone not exactly like you.

Take out foods? What is your problem with take out food? Biased against pizza? Chinese food?

BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." Matthew 7:1-3 You're the self proclaimed Bible expert, perhaps you missed these verses and their meaning?

Perhaps the "failure of self" is yours? Seems quite a prideful statement, we know what the Bible says about pride as well. It's a sin, right?

John

P.S. I'm still looking for your answer to my questions about "jumping on stocks" for your financial wisdom. I guess it was just "smoke" after all. Perhaps a better forum name for you is "Molotov c-cktail" as you seem to toss out provocative statements and then run from them.

[Edited on 3-18-2020 by John Harper]

paranewbi - 3-18-2020 at 06:19 AM

Wow, talk about passing judgment over others. What does any of that have to do with their humanity? No love for fellow man? You have no idea what is in these peoples hearts, nor their souls. Do you? Or, just your blind prejudices. What does hair color, skin color, or tattoos have to do with anything? It sounds like you detest anyone not exactly like you.

Take out foods? What is your problem with take out food? Biased against pizza? Chinese food?

BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." Matthew 7:1-3 You're the self proclaimed Bible expert, perhaps you missed these verses and their meaning?

Perhaps the "failure of self" is yours? Seems quite a prideful statement, we know what the Bible says about pride as well. It's a sin, right?

John

P.S. I'm still looking for your answer to my questions about "jumping on stocks" for your financial wisdom. I guess it was just "smoke" after all. Perhaps a better forum name for you is "Molotov c-cktail" as you seem to toss out provocative statements and then run from them.

[Edited on 3-18-2020 by John Harper]

First let's review your last statement...sorry John, I missed your questions about stocks and taking advantage of buying in a down time. Not running from anything, just haven't found the time to meet your sensitivity.

Now onward.... The wealth in this country, even for the most 'needy' is readily obtainable. It's a testament to the strength of this nation and the opportunities available as in no other place or time. Yet, with that, there is a largess that entices SOME into complacency with the attraction of ease. ONE result is that when the 'ease' is strained, failure occurs.

I never said anything about hair color (you did), skin color (you did), and I did about tattoos; razor cut ($25+), tattoos ($100 + much more for color), Take out food for one ($10+), Cell phone, ipads, idolized shoes, all of these are obtainable for much less! or outweighed by the need to provide for ones self the BASICS of shelter, clothing, etc.

Your accusation of bias against pizza and Chinese food is infantile. It's called economics John. Soup lines were worthy of the time invested standing there, for those who needed it at one time. We don't need to deliver sushi take out to those living in tents in our local children's playgrounds...that's not an act of love, that's foolishness. But you appeal for that.

I submit to the idea that there are those the community should assist; Elderly, infirm, children, among them. But the luxuries that wealth brings should be striven for, not expected and surely not demanded.

paranewbi - 3-18-2020 at 06:53 AM

"BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?"

Not wanting to cause you offense in your expectation of being responded to John...

Life expectancy dictated early motherhood, as well as concerns of inheritance of wealth were primary concerns in the Mesopotamian times, certainly in the Levant where your question was born.

Not only was a child seen as another hand to take care of and perhaps increase wealth (livestock, crops, etc.). A male child guaranteed the mothers access to that accumulated wealth after her husbands passing. Those are just facts John...although you may accuse them of not adhering to today's standards.

Today, children outside of the joy they may bring by just existing...are a financial drain and there is a need to be able to provide for their well being. They neither provide, nor guarantee the financial security of the family, until they provide for themselves and perhaps contribute with that ability. Although they are able to inherit wealth they mostly had nothing to do with the accumulation of.

Contrasting the two as above; Mary's age at the birth of Jesus has no comparative value to the state of child rearing today, among those who are financially unable to provide for the children they birth, let alone themselves. Their CHOICES to do so are a failure of self. There use to be a stigma that followed those choices, yet such as you applaud them it seems.

John Harper - 3-18-2020 at 07:16 AM

Wow, talk about having a "holier than thou" attitude toward others.

John

paranewbi - 3-18-2020 at 07:49 AM

C'mon John...it sounds like you aren't one to run from learning new factual information. I only offer the evidence of contrast to a statement you made. You get upset at JJJ aka virus for calling you out...what is calling me 'holier than thou' as a response to stating that we all should hold some responsibilities for our decisions and take on the stress of making those...now it seems you don't address a statement when it's you who demands others do.

Tomas Tierra - 3-19-2020 at 02:56 PM

Lanced and oozing like a good pimple

BajaBlanca - 3-20-2020 at 03:29 AM

BACK TO THE THREAD THEME

We have run out of TP here in La Bocana 3/19! Can you believe it? They are bringing some in from Vizcaino today, 3/20.

Not an issue for us since we have to have stock on hand for the bnb, but really? La Bocana out of toilet paper?

John Harper - 3-20-2020 at 05:33 AM

C'mon John...it sounds like you aren't one to run from learning new factual information.

No, when I see some facts, and not just opinion, I'm happy to learn.

Wealth is easily available. Your opinion. Have you seen wealth inequality stats for the US? Grim. How does coronavirus affect building wealth? Isn't that kind of out of anyone's control with as yet unknown long term consequences? How many will have credit ratings destroyed over the next few months? How many foreclosures? Many minorities (and whites) are saddled with felony convictions for petty drug offenses. How easy is it for ex-felons to build wealth in America? Not a lot of forgiveness in the job market.

Haircuts, tattoos, take out food are frivolous for poor people. Your opinion. Do you have the same rules for wealthy people? What about fur coats, Cuban cigars, diamond jewelry, Rolex watches, and country club memberships? Are they life's necessities? How many middle class people are over leveraged, with actual net worth a negative?

Too many people are freeloaders. Your opinion. No facts I've seen support this, just right wing demonizing of the poor. Would you rather have 1000 poor people cheat you out of $1000 each, or have one rich guy cheat on taxes to the tune of $10 million? Who's the freeloader? Why do SS taxes cut off at $132,000 making it a completely regressive tax on the lower/middle classes as percent of income? We all have the same risk of death, 100%. In temporal terms, of course.

Children should only come under "your" defined conditions. Another opinion. Perhaps if some major religions moved forward in time and supported responsible contraception, as you seem to have with the comparative age of childbirth 2000 years ago, we might not have an irresponsible birth problem. And less abortions too. Plus, less global population. With more chance to save DavidK's beloved palm tree. That's what I call a real Win-win-win-win!

John

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by John Harper]

gnukid - 3-20-2020 at 08:28 AM

Back on topic, it's interesting there are no test, no treatments, and no one to assist people who are sick with extreme fever, difficulty breathing, sever dry cough.

It doesn't help much to go a doctor in Baja since they can't do anything to help, they don't have. test, and even if they diagnose you there is no medicine to help a virus. So...

1. Drink home made soups and fresh juice often, 3 times a day
2. Take a hot shower often, 3 times a day
3. Stay warm, wear socks, cover up, do not expose yourself to cold nor drink anything cold
4. Take your temperature to track your progress, it seems to take about 7 days for the worst part of it, early on high temperatures 102, 103, 104 and difficultly breathing

StuckSucks - 3-20-2020 at 08:43 AM

In a couple days we will be driving El Camino del Diablo in southern Arizona -- the thought being we should be COVID19-free in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. At least that's the theory.

Weather is supposed to be good, and DesertUSA says we should see some decent spring wildflowers.

Socially be Like Me !

MrBillM - 3-20-2020 at 09:34 AM

About 30 years ago in Baja, a (relatively) new next-door neighbor came up to me and introduced himself saying "I heard that you were the most antisocial S.O.B. in camp". A comment that I considered possible although I noted that there were a few of us. All of those others did show up (for the food and booze) at the frequent parties which I usually avoided, so I may have been numero uno.

Avoidance (to the extent possible) of the gathered masses has been pretty much a lifelong pursuit since schooldays. Becoming more so as I've entered old age. Living in YV in the same location for (now) 42 years, I've had neighbors move in, reside for years and never known their names.

SO ................... Social distancing comes easily.

Assuming that the campground where my travel trailer is located is still open, I'm planning on making the 98-mile RT Hoy to check out the situation after this last storm. AND, feed the critters, of course. IF this trip works out the same as my last two, I will not have interacted with a single soul during the entire trip. I've even forsaken stopping at KFC out of distrust.

Be Like ME.

David K - 3-20-2020 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
In a couple days we will be driving El Camino del Diablo in southern Arizona -- the thought being we should be COVID19-free in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. At least that's the theory.

Weather is supposed to be good, and DesertUSA says we should see some decent spring wildflowers.

Newsome has commanded Californians to "stay at home" so watch out for state police clamping down!!! :O:rolleyes:

John Harper - 3-20-2020 at 10:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Newsome has commanded Californians to "stay at home" so watch out for state police clamping down!!! :O:rolleyes:

I think's it's called the California Highway Patrol. Unless you're out there committing moving violations, you should be safe. OTOH, the California National Guard could be more intrusive.

John

bajaric - 3-20-2020 at 10:40 AM

Yesterday, Food for Less had restocked everything except rice and egss. It was kind of shocking to see the store manager running the cash register, no gloves, no mask, handling thousands of items that had been touched by hundreds of people. Talk about asking for trouble. I put on latex gloves, took them off when I got in my vehicle, wiped everything down with 409 (this has an approved disinfectant in it).

Getting bored staying home watching the stock market gyrations. If this thing blows over before the economy enters a full blown recession / depression it is going to be the greatest rally ever. Trillions in cash on the sideline and interest rates at zero. Timing the bottom is the tricky part. Timing bottoms is my specialty, have not had much opportunity to practice the last decade of this long bull market.

I have noticed the absence of noise from airline jet traffic where I am, ten miles from the San Diego airport. Nice. One of the things I like best about Baja is getting off the grid and away from the lights and noise of the city. Was staying at La Bufadora a few months ago and the power went out, so refreshing, like the old days. I guess if you live there it is nice to have power and satellite TV and all that but I miss the peace and quit when I visit friends there now.

StuckSucks - 3-20-2020 at 12:47 PM

If they stop you, open the window and start coughing. :P

brillant!

BajaBlanca - 3-20-2020 at 12:57 PM

Paco

I just looked up the Los Lobos benefit concert, since I did not know about it. I sure hope they can come up with an alternative so that it can go on without a live audience....it is to help the homeless, help boys and girls clubs. Beautiful and they have done this for over 17 years.

As we watch more TV, as we hear about how devastated Italy is, where one of my best friends and many ex-students live, the Fear is Real.

A-OK on the Highway Today

MrBillM - 3-20-2020 at 05:16 PM

Westbound this a.m. on I-10 for my short trip in average or less traffic, I figured that the CHP would have enough to keep them busy with the numerous eastbound RVs and Toy-Haulers who (apparently) took Newsom's "order" as only a bad suggestion.

Heading back home mid-afternoon and encountering one "Mother" of an eastbound traffic jam in Banning, there was a period of " W-T-F ? ", but it turned out to be just another CalTrans induced mess clearing at Cabazon. Which was the only place I saw a CHP unit the entire trip.

caj13 - 3-20-2020 at 05:52 PM

[/rquote]

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lefty who figured out a governmental guaranteed months vacation in Cancun for everyone is a sure winner![/rquote]

Oh thank goodness no right wing evangelicals will be asking for a handout. no trump hotels asking for a handout, no multibilliuon dollar companies asking for a handout. The rich will get richer, they are first in line at the trough. leftovers and spillage for the common folk.

Get over it Para, left is not all evil , right isn't all good - except for your serial philandering lying tax cheating hero - he of course is all good -

pacificobob - 3-20-2020 at 05:54 PM

Well said caj

Ateo - 3-20-2020 at 07:04 PM

We are hunkering down here in Oside. I have to work in LA per Homeland Security memo I received today. Fuel supply must be important. I will wear my PPE.

Just found out Starbucks is still open so I guess things aren't THAT bad here - YET.

AKgringo - 3-20-2020 at 07:12 PM

Starbucks should be open! Dispensing caffeine has got to be considered an "essential service"!

John Harper - 3-20-2020 at 07:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Starbucks should be open! Dispensing caffeine has got to be considered an "essential service"!

Booze, cigarettes, and coffee. America's real diet.

John

surabi - 3-20-2020 at 11:27 PM

If they stop you, open the window and start coughing. :P

I predict that will go over about as well as joking about having a bomb in the airport security line up.

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2020 at 07:09 AM

Paco, I had never heard of Grupo Bella. I watched the video, how fun indeed.

Ateo! I would be so happy if I were able to grab a Starbucks coffee. It is comfort supreme. A constant in an inconstant world.

Stay home if you can folks...Stay healthy and safe. One day I would enjoy meeting each and every one of you in person!

surabi and bezelle - can you explain your names? They are beautiful.

Timeline of the Tales

MrBillM - 3-21-2020 at 09:26 AM

The errant White House line:

January 22nd:

Trump is asked about the coronavirus > " .....We have it totally under control. It’s one person
coming in from China, and we have it under control,” Trump told CNBC. “It’s going to be just fine.”

January 30th:

The World Health Organization classified COVID-19 as an international health emergency.

Trump says " ...... We think we have it very well under control ...... We have very
little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating
successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s
going to have a very good ending for us. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as some people think it
could be ..... ”

February 10th:

“....... Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think
that goes away in April with the heat, as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away
in April. We’re in great shape, though. We have 12 cases, 11 cases, and many of them are
in good shape now......”

February 14th:

“.......There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm, historically, that has been able to
kill the virus so we don’t know yet. We’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner...... ”

February 23rd:

“ ....... We have it very much under control in this country.......”

February 24th:

Trump reveals where the bulk of his concern lies: how the coronavirus could
impact the stock market.

February 26th:

“....... We’re going to be pretty soon at only five people ...... And we could be at just one
or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck ....... I think
every aspect of our society should be prepared .......I don’t think it’s going to come to that,
especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down,
not up ......”

February 27th:

“....... It’s going to disappear One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

February 28th:

During a rally in South Carolina, Trump alleges Democrats are politicizing the
coronavirus, calling it “their new hoax.”

February 29th:

“........I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible and everything is under
control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well.
Everything is really under control ........”

March 4th:

In an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump calls the WHO’s estimate of the global
death rate “false,” describes the coronavirus as “very mild,” and suggests that those infected
can get better by “sitting around” and “going to work.”

March 7th:

“ ........ No, I’m not concerned at all,” Trump said from Mar-a-Lago. “No, I’m not. No, we’ve
done a great job ........”

March 9th:

Trump bashes Democrats for sounding the alarm “far beyond what the facts would
warrant” before implying that the common flu is far worse, an argument he’s made on several
occasions and which has been parroted by Fox News.

surabi - 3-21-2020 at 11:35 PM

surabi and bezelle - can you explain your names? They are beautiful.

Thanks. Not my real name. Was a nickname a good friend came up with for me in high school, by sort of combining the sound of my first name and last initial.

caj13 - 3-22-2020 at 02:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
The errant White House line:

January 22nd:

Trump is asked about the coronavirus > " .....We have it totally under control. It’s one person
coming in from China, and we have it under control,” Trump told CNBC. “It’s going to be just fine.”

January 30th:

The World Health Organization classified COVID-19 as an international health emergency.

Trump says " ...... We think we have it very well under control ...... We have very
little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating
successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s
going to have a very good ending for us. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as some people think it
could be ..... ”

February 10th:

“....... Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think
that goes away in April with the heat, as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away
in April. We’re in great shape, though. We have 12 cases, 11 cases, and many of them are
in good shape now......”

February 14th:

“.......There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm, historically, that has been able to
kill the virus so we don’t know yet. We’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner...... ”

February 23rd:

“ ....... We have it very much under control in this country.......”

February 24th:

Trump reveals where the bulk of his concern lies: how the coronavirus could
impact the stock market.

February 26th:

“....... We’re going to be pretty soon at only five people ...... And we could be at just one
or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck ....... I think
every aspect of our society should be prepared .......I don’t think it’s going to come to that,
especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down,
not up ......”

February 27th:

“....... It’s going to disappear One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

February 28th:

During a rally in South Carolina, Trump alleges Democrats are politicizing the
coronavirus, calling it “their new hoax.”

February 29th:

“........I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible and everything is under
control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well.
Everything is really under control ........”

March 4th:

In an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump calls the WHO’s estimate of the global
death rate “false,” describes the coronavirus as “very mild,” and suggests that those infected
can get better by “sitting around” and “going to work.”

March 7th:

“ ........ No, I’m not concerned at all,” Trump said from Mar-a-Lago. “No, I’m not. No, we’ve
done a great job ........”

March 9th:

Trump bashes Democrats for sounding the alarm “far beyond what the facts would
warrant” before implying that the common flu is far worse, an argument he’s made on several
occasions and which has been parroted by Fox News.

you ought to be ashamed of yourself! posting facts and information. You know that is literal torture to many here, forcing people to square their personal biases with actual fact and information - you sir are truely evil!

azucena - 3-22-2020 at 06:23 PM

Mr Bill M

Excellent synopsis. Really puts what has happened in the clearest manner.

Thank you

The Ongoing Paper Chase

MrBillM - 3-23-2020 at 09:27 AM

A week or so ago, reading a newspaper article regarding Amazon adjusting and prioritizing their shipping policies to reflect necessities, it was noted that they were swamped with orders for (you guessed) TOILET PAPER !

My curiosity piqued, I browsed their site and found that any (more or less) reasonably-priced selections were listed unavailable so, for the Hell of it, I ordered (one) 10-pack of (not too outrageous) TP.

With a shipping date of April 20-May 08) !

This a.m., I received a shipping update which I supposed "might" be earlier.

WRONG. Now April 28-May 20.

Funny.

Thankfully, we aren't (for awhile, at least) among those who would be anxiously awaiting their wipes. For that matter, we have a family "insider" supply offer should the need arise. Of course, by the time we might want to take advantage, she might be unable to come through.

Quien Sabe ?

Well, today is a "Got Milk ?" day. And, whatever else (in stock) strikes the fancy. Time for a cautious contagion cruise.

The last time that we purchased a refrigerator, there was an argument (well debate) over sizing. With only the two of us home and often gone, I won the day over the larger one that mi esposa wanted.

She now reminds me DAILY of THAT error.

Who woulda thunk ?

David K - 3-23-2020 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  
A week or so ago, reading a newspaper article regarding Amazon adjusting and prioritizing their shipping policies to reflect necessities, it was noted that they were swamped with orders for (you guessed) TOILET PAPER !

there are others planet-wide that have figured out how to eliminate the need for TP! (not an option?)

what about a bidet-style set up?

Using the three seashells:

bajaric - 3-23-2020 at 10:21 AM

How much toilet paper do people need? Maybe it is some kind of Freudian thing. Retentive?

Proving me right, article in NYT today said everyone should be wearing masks, as is required in China. This a day after "Dr Oz" said no one in the public should be wearing masks because they are needed by medical professionals. Thanks Dr. Oz for all your help in this crisis.

Pedantic: Surgical masks do not provide effective protection. Facial hair may interfere their effectiveness and most people do not know how to wear one properly.

Pragmatic: Here are your masks. Wear them.

Masking the Problem

MrBillM - 3-23-2020 at 11:53 AM

Beyond the debatable protective nature, there is the argument that those masks may provide a false sense of security with people then becoming less attentive to maintaining distance.

???????????

I suppose that it doesn't matter much (to most of us) given the current and future guaranteed unavailability.

As to the Toilet Paper, it seems to still be the hot item. Empty shelves @ Stater Bros. while the Paper Towels were plentiful.

Wondering whether that and other product shortages were a result of supply deficiencies or continued panic, one clerk said "we're restocking daily, but it (the TP) still goes fast".

Milk and Bread no problem, but (a sign of changing demographics ?), the Tortilla section (with signs saying "limit one") stripped clean.

One aisle that has appeared unaffected has been the Cookies and Crackers. I suppose that the day it goes low will signify the coming Armageddon.

Peanuts (in the shell) were getting low. THAT is worrisome IF it's a trend. I'd have a difficult time explaining that to the Squirrels.

Hook - 3-23-2020 at 12:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  

there are others planet-wide that have figured out how to eliminate the need for TP! (not an option?)

what about a bidet-style set up?

Sure......if you're building a new house.

Otherwise, an addition of something that will probably cost thousands to retrofit into your existing bathroom, is not going to be within the means of many. Especially if you are wanting WARM water on your nether regions.

Oh, wait............sounds like Treasury is going to be cutting us all checks for 2-3k. Mad Bidet Bucks!!!

CaboMagic - 3-23-2020 at 02:06 PM

Am sure all areas are different ..as all people are.

Two weeks ago we began advising crews to get prepared.
We've encountered resistance from some "We have confidence in our God." This is not a religious discussion - We explained the importance of listening to experts - Science/Doctors.
Telling guests scheduled to arrive about the Level 4, was scoffed at.

The longer people don't do what is recommended/asked/ordered the longer we will be dealing with this.

Have had a wicked case of laryngitis since Feb 16th .. People who know me know how ironic this is .. have been in self-quarantine since Feb 13th when I first began to feel sick w/a dry cough.

"You" may agree or disagree with what I am writing, or with the principles, beliefs, etc. of others - we wish you peace in your decisions and choices .. and ask all to consider the results of ones actions, and the importance and necessity for following the warnings.. We need a return to thoughtfulness, compassion, no-bullying or b.s. name calling, we need respectful and sensitive leadership like Andrew Cuomo.

Prayers and best wishes to all for good health, speedy recoveries, and all around positive outcomes.

Lori Garcia

David K - 3-24-2020 at 06:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  

We've encountered resistance from some "We have confidence in our God." This is not a religious discussion - We explained the importance of listening to experts - Science/Doctors.

The longer people don't do what is recommended/asked/ordered the longer we will be dealing with this.

Have had a wicked case of laryngitis since Feb 16th .. People who know me know how ironic this is .. have been in self-quarantine since Feb 13th when I first began to feel sick w/a dry cough.

"You" may agree or disagree with what I am writing, or with the principles, beliefs, etc. of others - we wish you peace in your decisions and choices .. and ask all to consider the results of ones actions, and the importance and necessity for following the warnings.. We need a return to thoughtfulness, compassion, no-bullying or b.s. name calling, we need respectful and sensitive leadership like Andrew Cuomo.

Prayers and best wishes to all for good health, speedy recoveries, and all around positive outcomes.

Lori Garcia

Thank you Lori for your wise words.
Please get well soon!

BajaMama - 3-24-2020 at 07:31 AM

USA leadership completely dropped the ball on this crisis. We are critically in short supply of the protective gear health professionals need. People are getting mixed messages from D.C. and continue to defy the shelter at home and social distancing recommendations (mandates for some states).

BUT, economically? I think we will recover. It will take a couple of years, just like the 2008 Great Recession. I am a stats person. I keep those numbers. I looked back to 2008. Our 401K dropped 39%. It was back up and then some within two years. In my heart I don't believe landlords will tell their small business renters they must pay the back rent for the crisis weeks. I believe between small business loans and the kindness of others we will get through this. In 10 years we will see it as a glitch in the grand scheme.

paranewbi - 3-24-2020 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  

Lori Garcia

Thank you Lori for your wise words.
Please get well soon!

Amen!

On the Road Again this a.m.

MrBillM - 3-24-2020 at 08:41 AM

Heading up to check on my Travel Trailer at the campground before the next round of crap weather and have a bit of social interaction .................. with the Squirrels, Crow, Stellar Jays, Acorn Woodpeckers, Hummingbirds y otra critters.

Setting out a bit for the Deer, Raccoons y Coyotes before heading back home.

While staying as FAR AWAY from people as I'm allowed.

BajaBlanca - 5-25-2020 at 03:54 AM

So, how are we doing?

We have settled into a routine here. A balance of exercizing, lots if cooking, and a variety of tv programs we both enjoy.

Ms. Social here misses people!!! My new laptop decided to eliminate wifi access completely about a week ago. Missing nomads but it is a royal pain to use cell phone (I am doing it now).

My kid in air force in Germany lives at the edge of town with miles of hiking trails. He, his wife and daughter are feliz!

My other kid in LA got a relief check and it really was a big relief.

How ya doin?

David K - 5-25-2020 at 06:29 AM

Hi Blanca, glad you guys are fine!
Elizabeth and I are also fine... No issues with anybody we know here in the U.S.. In fact, the thing is so rare, nobody is too much concerned.. only the news media! :o

Here, everyone wears masks inside businesses that are open... and many are. Yesterday, we had our first meal away from home, in a coffee house kind of restaurant... Many restaurants have opened up with some modifications, finally. I was getting bored of my own cooking! LOL :biggrin:

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by David K]

RFClark - 5-25-2020 at 02:40 PM

Mexico had 68K cases of Swine Flu in 2009! More deaths here though.

Swine Flu in Mexico

MrBillM - 5-25-2020 at 04:00 PM

Makes sense.

With all of those Carnitas stands everywhere.

shari - 5-25-2020 at 04:23 PM

Things are pretty good here in Asuncion except for the usual May chilly winds nearly every afternoon.

There are varying levels of standards in the stores...some are strict with hand washing, antibacterial gel, limited people in the store, masks needed etc. but others operate business as usual with no extra precautions so people can choose what stores they want to go to for their level of personal preference.

Town beach is closed but one can find beaches to go to where nobody is...shorefishers are fishing and the fishing cooperativa is in the middle of abalone season right now. Restaurants are doing takeout. Seems some hotels are open.

There is no filter so people are seeming to come and go from all over the peninsula...family members from La Paz or Ensenada are always visiting etc. Yet the locals dont want gringos to come to the village....I cant quite see the difference if the gringos already live in Baja. So things are fairly lax with no cases here so far.

Certainly small businesses are really suffering with no income or any government assistance so times are tough but everyone seems to have family helping each other survive.
Worst thing really is that the natives are getting restless with no cerveza.

I am stoked to have Sirena & my grandsons living with me so much of my time is spent homeschooling on many levels..apart from the 3 R's, Izaak is learning to do research online to answer questions that come up on History, Geography, Nature etc....he is learning to cook, create art, music, he is exploring astrology & numerology, magic, kayaking and takes Karate via Zoom. We play lots of challenging games, dance, work out with weights, walk, run, climb and meditate....soooo...that's cool. We believe that a great way to not fear the virus is to stay healthy and strong and get lots of sunshine!

I am happy to have time to play guitar again and cook up a storm. We are also doing lots of improvements & much needed maintenance at the Inn..so certainly no time to be bored! Jam sessions & dance parties at home are the norm!

I love getting messages from our loyal guests promising to come and visit as soon as things open up...giving me hope for some income soon.

I hope that all my amigos are faring well in these turbulent times...be safe, be smart....get healthy!

Feathers - 5-25-2020 at 04:39 PM

Your post has me smiling, Shari. Good on you and yours!

I saw this game on FB a couple weeks ago. You might have a lot of fun with it... if you find the time! :)

Draw on my Back Challenge. Not just for kids, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEayVmGfXY

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by Feathers]

David K - 5-25-2020 at 04:55 PM

Thank you for the news and photos, Shari!

MulegeAL - 5-25-2020 at 05:22 PM

Shari,
You have a good life there!

It only takes one candle to push back a lot of darkness!

shari - 5-25-2020 at 05:40 PM

Life is what you make it in all kinds of circumstances!
I am rarely on the computer these days as I am so busy LIVING large! I am finding this quarantine amazing for developing all kinds of activities I didnt have time for before...and my garden is growing and we are working on being more self sufficient..now for some goats, chickens & lambs! and maybe a unicorn or two!
I wish all my Nomad amigos the best in these trying times!

here is a chill pill for ya'll..Pig Beach last night.

David K - 5-25-2020 at 07:54 PM

Beautiful, thank you!

TMW - 5-26-2020 at 03:50 AM

Thanks Shari, Baja looking good, wish I was there setting on the beach with a cool one.

BajaBlanca - 5-26-2020 at 04:33 PM

Shari! I love your photos!! I bet your grandkids are getting the education of a lifetime in many ways.

We also have folks writing already wanting to make reservations for fishing season, hopefully we will all be open by then!

Feathers - 5-26-2020 at 05:54 PM

We also have folks writing already wanting to make reservations for fishing season, hopefully we will all be open by then!

You could be booked for months if you offered to 'homeschool' their kids. A new Cottage Industry at your fingertips!

[Edited on 5-27-2020 by Feathers]

BajaBlanca - 5-27-2020 at 03:05 AM

I bet you are right!

Feathers - 5-27-2020 at 04:20 AM

I bet you are right!

I bet it would pay better, too. :)

BajaBlanca - 5-28-2020 at 09:00 PM

Oh Feathers! I have officially retired! Now my days are spent mentoring my scholarship students. gardening, traveling when possible, cleanups around town and nowadays: eating the wonderful food Les makes LOL

One Advantage to Home Schooling

MrBillM - 5-29-2020 at 09:58 AM

In many households, the parents would benefit from being educated by the children.

Skipjack Joe - 5-29-2020 at 11:56 AM

In many households, the parents would benefit from being educated by the children.

It's a very ancient saying
But a true and honest thought
That if you become a teacher
By your pupils you'll be taught

shari - 5-29-2020 at 12:05 PM

In my case...the students is becoming the master!
particularly at Backgammon!