BajaNomad

Mexico Border Restrictions Announced Friday for Midnight.

David K - 3-20-2020 at 08:08 AM

DHS announced that non-essential (tourism, recreation) travel to/ from Mexico will be enacted at midnight. Mexico is onboard with these new restrictions.

Americans should come home now.

This is on par with the Canadian travel restrictions.

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by David K]

pacificobob - 3-20-2020 at 08:30 AM

I find your faith in government sorta cute. In fact ,i think I'll jump up and recite the pledge of allegiance.

paranewbi - 3-20-2020 at 08:37 AM

Thanks for the post DK. We've always kept an open door invitation to CNA's and other Mercy/Kaiser staff that live in TJ when border problems are possible.

Hate to have to consider the virus now in that invite.

David K - 3-20-2020 at 09:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
I find your faith in government sorta cute. In fact ,i think I'll jump up and recite the pledge of allegiance.

My post was only sharing information. Not one thing in it is of my opinions. Not sure how you read it as my "faith in government"?

LancairDriver - 3-20-2020 at 09:35 AM

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-20/trump-coro...

LancairDriver - 3-20-2020 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

My post was only sharing information. Not one thing in it is of my opinions. Not sure how you read it as my "faith in government"?

It’s obviously a reading comprehension deficiency.

David K - 3-20-2020 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

It’s obviously a reading comprehension deficiency.

:lol:

Hook - 3-20-2020 at 09:46 AM

Reading comprehension by the OP?

The restrictions take effect on SATURDAY, not Friday. The Canadian border restrictions are Friday.

David K - 3-20-2020 at 09:52 AM

Friday Night at Midnight is how it was said, and that is the fact. Midnight is also 12:00 am Sat... so it is Friday night, not Saturday night.

Watching live now, Secretary of State Pompeo said Work Visa holders can cross the border. Commerce across the border is not restricted.

paranewbi - 3-20-2020 at 10:40 AM

Some of the concerns from the cross border workers are of a slow down in the physical crossing due to more observation as cases increase in mexico/TJ.

Most of the ones we know leave at 2 am to cross and sleep in their cars outside of work until their shift starts.

John Harper - 3-20-2020 at 11:11 AM

I hope my roommate stays in Campo Lopez. Her being here full time would greatly increase my chances of being charged with homicide.

John

Paco Facullo - 3-20-2020 at 11:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
I hope my roommate stays in Campo Lopez. Her being here full time would greatly increase my chances of being charged with homicide.

John

:lol::lol::lol: No worries as the Police are probably going to be way TOO busy to check the whereabouts of anyone.

So a shallow grave and a bit of lime and no one will be the wiser ...

Plant a bush over her grave in honor...

del mar - 3-20-2020 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

:lol::lol::lol: No worries as the Police are probably going to be way TOO busy to check the whereabouts of anyone.

So a shallow grave and a bit of lime and no one will be the wiser ...

Plant a bush over her grave in honor...

Kat's mellow these days, now 30 years ago there would be problem....and she would win!:lol:

bajabuddha - 3-20-2020 at 01:28 PM

I've got a buddy bee-lining it north, hopefully crosses the border today. Said he was gonna try for Saturday, and since he's on the road I doubt he'll get the news about the closure. Sure hope he does, BUT.... can you imagine what the lines are gonna be like in Mexicali? Or anywhere else for that matter. This scenario is truly nightmarish.

Here in southern NM no cases reported yet. All have been up north, but I was told the DOH is testing in Las Cruces today, so we'll have answers in another 3 - 4 days. Just a matter of time.

~UPDATE: The DOH conducted testing in Las Cruces NM today with a drive-thru testing center. They were OUT OF TEST KITS BY 11: A.M. and shut down 'till Monday or Tuesday.

Gee, I wish our stable genius hadn't shuttered the CDC back a couple years ago. I guess Obama envy got the best of him. :no:

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by bajabuddha]

John Harper - 3-20-2020 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

Kat's mellow these days, now 30 years ago there would be problem....and she would win!:lol:

We've been friends since 1984, for better or worse. I've seen both.

John

Bob and Susan - 3-20-2020 at 02:56 PM

Can Canadians cross the border into the USA to return to Canada?
I see a lot of Canadians driving north

David K - 3-20-2020 at 03:20 PM

The Canadian border has the same restrictions. Those were announced a couple days ago. Who knows if innocent travelers can cross either frontier. The virus respects no nationality and the travel restrictions are to stop the virus. I imagine travelers can try and I hope we hear how it goes.

Bob and Susan - 3-20-2020 at 03:25 PM

does anyone have the answer

Bajazly - 3-20-2020 at 03:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
Can Canadians cross the border into the USA to return to Canada?
I see a lot of Canadians driving north

The timing is pretty bad for all the part timers about to head back north. I would imagine showing you are going home you would be able to get across but they are making it up as they go.

Bob and Susan - 3-20-2020 at 04:39 PM

someone MUST have a friend that crossed or was turned back today after the closing

AKgringo - 3-20-2020 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
someone MUST have a friend that crossed or was turned back today after the closing

From what I have seen and heard, it starts at midnight, tonight!