BajaNomad

Missing Person OK:

David K - 3-22-2020 at 03:31 PM

From his mom today:
Bryce is alive & well in Mexico!
If there's a story details will come!

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by David K]

BajaBlanca - 3-23-2020 at 10:35 AM

Nothing yet? He has to be pretty remote for no one to have seen or heard of him.

motoged - 3-23-2020 at 10:50 AM

Dr Ensenada is on it..... where is Lizard Lips?

bezzelle - 3-23-2020 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Dr Ensenada is on it..... where is Lizard Lips?

Do you have a link to "Dr Ensenada" so the mom or others can check for news?

haha. hook-up !!!

chuckie - 3-23-2020 at 01:09 PM

I heard she moved to Oxnard...

lizard lips - 3-23-2020 at 02:48 PM

Lizard Lips is here-- I do know this: Bryce is 27 years old, 6', 200 lbs. was by himself and staying in his van with Pennsylvania license plate number LDW 3569. Thats all I know and where is the good Doctor?

motoged - 3-23-2020 at 03:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I heard she moved to Oxnard...

Then what is motoged talking about?

Dear David,
Some light-hearted reference to two Nomad sleuths....is what I am talking about. Unfortunate the reference didn't come up in your data base reference grid.

LL got it.

lizard lips - 3-23-2020 at 04:05 PM

Even though the doctor is mentally challenged her posts regarding Patton kept everyone's eyes open and sometimes she made sense, even though that may be hard to believe. For me, I am really concerned about Bryce. The van with Penn plates shouldn't be hard to miss however those could be changed and if I was stealing the van I would do it immediately. For those that live in the Guerrero Negro area please keep your eyes out for this vehicle. Also anyone that has contacts for nearby clinics/hospitals, police, highway patrol please ask around. His mother, Carol, is very much concerned and she should be. I will see if I can get a poster that can be given to the military guys at the checkpoints as well as anyone that wants them. If anyone has ideas please post. I am not leaving my house until this whole current problem is over so we have a lot of time to do this by just making phone calls and getting ideas out there. THANKS- By the way, I am not being paid or compensated by the family of Bryce. I have spoken to his mother and told her that I would never ask her for any funds for an investigation. I know once the good doctor sees that I have been on this that will be her first question!

mtgoat666 - 3-23-2020 at 04:32 PM

speaking of detectives, where is master sergeant chief detective loonie tunes elinvestig8r?

mtgoat666 - 3-23-2020 at 04:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lizard lips  
Even though the doctor is mentally challenged her posts regarding Patton kept everyone's eyes open and sometimes she made sense, even though that may be hard to believe. For me, I am really concerned about Bryce. The van with Penn plates shouldn't be hard to miss however those could be changed and if I was stealing the van I would do it immediately. For those that live in the Guerrero Negro area please keep your eyes out for this vehicle. Also anyone that has contacts for nearby clinics/hospitals, police, highway patrol please ask around. His mother, Carol, is very much concerned and she should be. I will see if I can get a poster that can be given to the military guys at the checkpoints as well as anyone that wants them. If anyone has ideas please post. I am not leaving my house until this whole current problem is over so we have a lot of time to do this by just making phone calls and getting ideas out there. THANKS- By the way, I am not being paid or compensated by the family of Bryce. I have spoken to his mother and told her that I would never ask her for any funds for an investigation. I know once the good doctor sees that I have been on this that will be her first question!

with the recent rains over the past few weeks, including one really big dump/flood over vizcaino penn,...
he may be camped in the boonies awaiting a dry road out

motoged - 3-23-2020 at 05:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
speaking of detectives, where is master sergeant chief detective loonie tunes elinvestig8r?

Oh no....don't open that crypt.....

BajaBlanca - 3-24-2020 at 04:42 AM

OK I have friends that will be driving to Ensenada within the next couple days. If someone can put a poster together, I will have it printed up and ask them to post at gas stations, just like I did with Patton.

lizard lips - 3-24-2020 at 05:22 AM

I have asked Bryce's mother to put a poster together and join Nomads. I expect her to post soon Blanca.

Mother of Dragons - 3-24-2020 at 08:12 AM

I sent this to friends in the Mulege/Concepción area to keep their eyes open.

wilderone - 3-24-2020 at 08:15 AM

Those coordinates are not close to an oasis, per se (on my topo map). But kinda near Santa Rosalillita. If he got stuck at the beach at the bottom of the loose, sandy hill that goes down to it (can't get back up), he may have decided to stay and wait for someone who could help. Might be a place to check to see if he's been there.

BajaBlanca - 3-24-2020 at 08:29 AM

Thanks Lizard Lips! My heart breaks for this Mom. May God make this just another "ooops" on the part of Bryce.

JZ - 3-24-2020 at 09:51 AM

First place to start: check out Dan.

ehall - 3-24-2020 at 11:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
First place to start: check out Dan.

Unfortunate but absolutely true. His story isn't believable.

motoged - 3-24-2020 at 12:13 PM

The clearance on the vehicle is not the real issue here is it?

I was waiting for the air pressure lecture....or a map to the "oasis"...

mtgoat666 - 3-24-2020 at 12:26 PM

This 2WD van is sadly inappropriate to travel off the highway or off graded roads... way too low to the ground.

hogwash!
95% of mexicans traveling unpaved roads are in 2WD vehicles, just because you got 4x4 on the brain does not mean that everyone else needs to travel with same toys you do.
you can drive a 2WD car many places, just need to stop when the road gets too rough. most unpaved roads in baja are used by ranchers, so maintained.
the only really bad roads are the abandoned (no longer maintained) roads, but many of these old unmaintained roads can be traveled in 2WD for quite a distance... just need to stop at point the road gets too bad

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by mtgoat666]

JZ - 3-24-2020 at 12:40 PM

hogwash!
95% of mexicans traveling unpaved roads are in 2WD vehicles, just because you got 4x4 on the brain does not mean that everyone else needs to travel with same toys you do.
you can drive a 2WD car many places, just need to stop when the road gets too rough. most unpaved roads in baja are used by ranchers, so maintained.
the only really bad roads are the abandoned (no longer maintained) roads, but many of these old unmaintained roads can be traveled in 2WD for quite a distance... just need to stop at point the road gets too bad

You are fool if you travel offroad w/o 4x4.

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by JZ]

Hijacking?

AKgringo - 3-24-2020 at 01:16 PM

I have done it myself, but in a thread reaching out for help it is out of place! Bump the thread if you feel it would help, but lets stay on topic!

lizard lips - 3-24-2020 at 01:56 PM

Just learned Bryce is good. This came from Mom. Thank God. Didn't want this having a bad ending! Don't know the details as yet but don't you think he should have called his mom a long time ago? He needs a harsh spanking!

Don Pisto - 3-24-2020 at 02:47 PM

another happy mom, thats how we like em!:D

BajaBlanca - 3-25-2020 at 05:01 AM

:bounce:

BajaBill74 - 3-25-2020 at 03:31 PM

I'd still like to know what happened. It could be a lesson for all.

mtgoat666 - 3-25-2020 at 03:40 PM

hogwash!

You are fool if you travel offroad w/o 4x4.

you are a fool to say such.

i stand by my statement that 2wd is fine for most unpaved roads in baja or anywhere. use your eyeballs and stop driving if road gets bad.

Don Pisto - 3-25-2020 at 03:48 PM

pity those fools that bought prerunners! :lol:

wilderone - 3-25-2020 at 04:25 PM

So, Bryce, what happened? Give us a trip report.

JZ - 3-25-2020 at 04:42 PM

i stand by my statement that 2wd is fine for most unpaved roads in baja or anywhere. use your eyeballs and stop driving if road gets bad.

I like to drive on the beach.

Good luck getting out of an arroyo. You'll be begging for help.

Maderita - 3-25-2020 at 08:34 PM

lencho wrote: "I had a K5 Blazer into which I swapped a limited slip rear diff. After that I've been thinking I could probably get away with a rear-wheel only drive rig with rear diff slip control of some sort. The simplicity of not having all that front drive train appeals to me."

lencho,
I've had some vehicles which kick burro in 2WD with a locking rear differential and A/T or M/T tires. There have even been some situations where it was superior to 4WD with open diffs.

Limited slip (aka: Posi Traction) is not much benefit. The torque transferred to the other wheel is minimal. A locking diff provides 100% of the available traction to both tires.

If you are offroad much or most of the time, and don't mind some unusual handling characteristics on the highway, the Eaton Corporation "Detroit Locker" is the gold standard in reliability. Most people will want a "selectable locker", part-time and actuated either by pneumatic or electric push-button.

I've had multiple problems with the ARB "Air Locker". The compressor wore out, the air line leaked, and gear oil back-flowed into the air solenoid. The Eaton "E-Locker" proved totally reliable in my Jeep Wrangler w/ a Ford 8.8 rear axle. Press a button to engage the electromagnetic ball-ramp actuating mechanism.

DO NOT try to go cheap and get a drop-in locker (aka:"lunchbox locker"). You will pay a lot more when (not if) it self-destructs and destroys your axle. Been there, done that :(

A locking diff is not a substitute for 4WD, but it does make a huge difference!
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/differentials/eaton-e...

[Edited on 3-26-2020 by Maderita]

mtgoat666 - 3-25-2020 at 08:51 PM

I like to drive on the beach.

Good luck getting out of an arroyo. You'll be begging for help.

Speaking of arroyos, in January We were on camping trip with friends in a ford van, in an arroyo, we buried the 2wd rear to the axle in poorly graded coarse sand... jacked up the rear, filled in the holes, turned off traction control and continued down the arroyo... didn’t even bother to deflate the tires. (minor delay because we forgot to disable tc before venturing off road)

Don’t be a wimp, jizzy. Man up, and quit relying on crutches to cover your incompetent driving.

JZ - 3-25-2020 at 09:18 PM

Speaking of arroyos, in January We were on camping trip with friends in a ford van, in an arroyo, we buried the 2wd rear to the axle in poorly graded coarse sand... jacked up the rear, filled in the holes, turned off traction control and continued down the arroyo... didn’t even bother to deflate the tires. (minor delay because we forgot to disable tc before venturing off road)

Don’t be a wimp, jizzy. Man up, and quit relying on crutches to cover your incompetent driving.

You know how I know you've never been off the payment before? Leave the off road stuff to the grown ups.

wilderone - 3-26-2020 at 07:18 AM

men and their pi s s ing contest

[Edited on 3-26-2020 by wilderone]

AKgringo - 3-26-2020 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
men and their pi s s ing contest

[Edited on 3-26-2020 by wilderone]

Can you write out your initials?

bajatrailrider - 3-26-2020 at 09:54 PM

You know how I know you've never been off the payment before? Leave the off road stuff to the grown ups.

The Pendejo Goat has never been off road in his life. Except when they repaved the Mall parking lot. Cant drive a dirt bike SXS or pedal on the beach. Has no clue how to drive a 4x4 off road only arm chair talker. Anybody want off road info Pendeio Goat would be worthless advice. Talk about a wimp he only needs look in the mirror.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

mtgoat666 - 3-26-2020 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

The Pendejo Goat has never been off road in his life. Except when they repaved the Mall parking lot. Cant drive a dirt bike SXS or pedal on the beach. Has no clue how to drive a 4x4 off road only arm chair talker. Anybody want off road info Pendeio Goat would be worthless advice. Talk about a wimp he only needs look in the mirror.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hey cupcake, you ever going to put up a stack of 100 x $100 bills for that bet you keep blathering about? Susan, you are all hat, no cattle; all smoke, no fire; all mouth, no trousers; all hammer, no nail. :P:P:P

bajatrailrider - 3-27-2020 at 10:19 AM

Pussy cat Goat you showed all on Nomad that your a scared little boy. One way 10 grand bet. Since you where scared now new bet you have to put up other 10 grand to match mine. The president you love Trump since your on sec 8 will give you bail out money. To get back to your comments about 2 WD V 4 WD. As a tourist means you don't even have simple knowledge of Baja wheeling. In the states more dirt roads can be driven in 2 WD drive . In Baja most all dirt roads are ok in 2wd . Most all have bad spots that 2wd cannot pass or damage your rig. I hope this gives you Mr clueless a little info . Make America Decent Again Throw out red hair Pendejo Goat. Please don't Dump in Baja. JAAAAAAAA