BajaNomad

Blanca gets in trouble!

BajaBlanca - 3-24-2020 at 08:48 AM

Well, I posted on facebook that parents should leave their kids at school to prevent spread of the corona virus. EDIT: by leave at school I mean that the students should stay at the city they are going to college in - TJ, Santa Rosalia, Ensenada, La Paz).

The anger is palpable, just as well that I am staying at home and NOT going out.

I called our mayor, Doctor Romero, 2 days ago and asked him to close off La Bocana. He said he could not do that because the authorities had not made allowances for that. I told him that, as a doctor, he understood more than others how serious this is. He agreed and said that many of his colleagues had been in touch with him.

I don't know what he decided but I have been told that there was a loudspeaker going thru town yesterday saying something about the virus. People are going to Los Cabos, La Paz and Ensenada as if these were normal times. May god help us.

I am not popular right now. But I have always listened to a different beat.

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 3-25-2020 by BajaBlanca]

motoged - 3-24-2020 at 08:54 AM

Blanca,
You are a good soul. Your efforts to be part of and to support your community are beyond the bounds of generousity.

Visionaries are often unpopular....it takes a while and sometimes a push to get some on this planet to understand the better good.

Don't take the Greek chorus's chants as meaningful or personally.

Bless you.:saint:

Paco Facullo - 3-24-2020 at 09:08 AM

Blanca,
You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. You are just trying to help and do the best for all involved.

In these unusual and difficult times people tend to NOT think rational.

Never underestimate People with fear running through their brains ...

John Harper - 3-24-2020 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Blanca,
You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. You are just trying to help and do the best for all involved.

Well said. Don't worry about those peons, Blanca. You're thinking of others, which is what is required for this situation. Too bad many are not so enlightened. Good luck!

John

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by John Harper]

chippy - 3-24-2020 at 09:14 AM

Blanca I don´t understand how leaving kids at school is helping? My daughters school shut down last week.

Feathers - 3-24-2020 at 11:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Blanca,

Well said. Don't worry about those peons, Blanca. You're thinking of others, which is what is required for this situation. Too bad many are not so enlightened. Good luck!

John

Did Mr. Harpy just refer to Mexican Nationals (parents) and Mexican Policy makers (politicians) as *unenlightened Peons*?

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by Feathers]

BajaMama - 3-24-2020 at 11:45 AM

Blanca, I'm sure you meant kids should be kept home from school......??

pacificobob - 3-24-2020 at 11:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Blanca, I'm sure you meant kids should be kept home from school......??

Surely that was her intention. Leave kids at the school to fend for themselves?
Might explain that reaction.

motoged - 3-24-2020 at 12:23 PM

Blanca,
Sorry to see Nomads piling up on you....:no:

CaboMagic - 3-24-2020 at 12:43 PM

Blanca dear, welcome to the club you probably would prefer not to be in .. Lori

EDIT as I re-read bajamama question, I to ask for clarifications - saying for children to stay HOME right ?

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by CaboMagic]

John Harper - 3-24-2020 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  

Did Mr. Harpy just refer to Mexican Nationals (parents) and Mexican Policy makers (politicians) as *unenlightened Peons*?

Did not make reference to either one of those entities. Just the social peanut gallery. Similar to those in our country. Peonism is non-discriminatory, even you can be one!

John

pauldavidmena - 3-24-2020 at 12:54 PM

It may seem counter-intuitive, but I believe Blanca is saying that if your kids are away attending college, they shouldn't come back home, where they could unwittingly bring the virus with them, even if they don't present symptoms.

pauldavidmena - 3-24-2020 at 01:04 PM

I'm in hot water with my brothers because I won't visit my elderly parents in FL even though it's my "turn". They should be in assisted living but are still living at home despite being virtually house-bound. Truthfully, it's a good time to be a shut-in! But it's a really bad time for healthy middle-aged men to travel across the country (my brothers from CA, and me from MA) to be around octogenarians in poor health. Without available testing, we could be Covid-19-positive without showing symptoms, making us essentially carriers. So even though I'm "due" to visit in early April, I won't make any plans to do so and am strongly urging my brothers to do the same. Strange as it may seem, the most loving gesture I could make toward my parents is to not visit until this crisis blows over.

AKgringo - 3-24-2020 at 01:07 PM

Two logical, thoughtful posts in a row? You trying to make the rest of us look bad?

Feathers - 3-24-2020 at 01:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  

Did not make reference to either one of those entities. Just the social peanut gallery. Similar to those in our country. Peonism is non-discriminatory, even you can be one!

John

Of course you didn't. :rolleyes:

Ateo - 3-24-2020 at 03:14 PM

Rule number one: Shut down Facebook. It's an immoral company that is dividing people and screwing our political elections.

I know, it's so fun to be "in touch" with long lost friends and relatives though.

I'm kinda just joking here but also serious.

=)

Paco Facullo - 3-24-2020 at 04:16 PM

Nothing wrong with good o'l emails or text's or facetime. (although , personally I dislike my ugly Mug on video) so I don't use it.
Whatsapp is really great also...

I quit Facebook many many years ago and "look Ma" I'm FINE !!!

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by Paco Facullo]

Ateo - 3-24-2020 at 06:49 PM

I quit all social media and even this website (until now) and I'm still alive too. Less drama.

Stay healthy my friends.

Jon

advrider - 3-24-2020 at 07:07 PM

Balanca, from the short amount of time that I spent in your community I can say that you are well respected and won't be in trouble long! Sometimes things are lost in translation and misunderstood but everything will be fine in the end.

chippy - 3-24-2020 at 08:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I quit all social media and even this website (until now) and I'm still alive too. Less drama.

Stay healthy my friends.

Jon

Good call! Social media in this world equals PANIC!

freediverbrian - 3-24-2020 at 09:09 PM

Social media is like drinking,eating, and well you know ;D. In moderation.

BajaBlanca - 3-25-2020 at 04:52 AM

No internet at our house yesterday all day long!

I meant that the college students should not return to La Bocana/Punta Abreojos from TJ, Ensenada, Santa Rosalia or La Paz. I guess some of them see this as a vacation but classes continue online. If they come back to mom and dad's, there is no way they will be able to keep up schoolwork.

Most parents have asked their kids to come home...I tried to explain to one via phone why this was not a good idea but they really cannot fathom why. Honestly, they think I am overreacting.

Thanks all for writing, hang in there, stay home and stay safe.

Purdyd - 3-25-2020 at 06:42 AM

Fighting an invisible foe is hard to wrap your head around as is how quickly this virus spreads.

It seems to take a certain level of infection and yes death before people move to action.

But it appears that eventually they do.

Here’s hoping the sun and heat will reduce the spread in Baja.

Take care

pacificobob - 3-25-2020 at 07:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Rule number one: Shut down Facebook. It's an immoral company that is dividing people and screwing our political elections.

I know, it's so fun to be "in touch" with long lost friends and relatives though.

I'm kinda just joking here but also serious.

=)

Shut down FB??? How else would I know what someone i don't remember from high school had for lunch? Btw....i totally agree with you.

Skipjack Joe - 3-25-2020 at 07:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  
Fighting an invisible foe is hard to wrap your head around as is how quickly this virus spreads.

It seems to take a certain level of infection and yes death before people move to action.

Take care

That's pretty selfish. They have to eat too, you know.

Purdyd - 3-25-2020 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Take care

I’m not sure I understand your comment? Perhaps you can explain why it is selfish and what food has to do with my what I wrote?

BajaParrothead - 3-25-2020 at 12:37 PM

Take care

I’m not sure I understand your comment? Perhaps you can explain why it is selfish and what food has to do with my what I wrote?

I'm thinking Igor was referring to Pacificobob's comment above yours.

wessongroup - 3-25-2020 at 01:47 PM

“The single biggest threat to man’s continued dominance on the planet is the virus.” -Joshua Lederberg, Nobel laureate in Physiology and Medicine”

Que Sera Sera

MrBillM - 3-25-2020 at 02:23 PM

Best of whatever result (good or bad) each deserves.

When you've arrived at our end of the cycle, each a.m. comes as a (sometimes disappointing) surprise.

norte - 3-25-2020 at 04:17 PM

Some are saying that the federal and state borders should be sealed off. Others, like you, even go further saying each town should be sealed off, Blanca. If there is that much sealing going on, how do people get necessary supplies?

rts551 - 3-25-2020 at 08:03 PM

Well Blanca, you got your wish. The hwy is being sealed off at Campo Fisher. We were advised by the Delegado today.

We Shall Overcome Someday !

MrBillM - 3-25-2020 at 10:23 PM

Well, not WE as in me or many others, but mankind won't be wiped out by this (or any) plague.

The Black Death was said to have killed off sixty percent of Europe's population in the 14th century and things worked out OK.

If there was an astronomical 60 percent world mortality rate this time around, the overall effect on mankind would (eventually) be a plus for those surviving and producing future generations.

Think positive.

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2020 at 06:10 AM

Ralph....really? I had not heard. But we are on the edge of town and don't hear the loudspeakers, if it was announced. This is the only way we are going to survive this nightmare.

Our local grocery store has changed the rules so that ONLY La Bocana residents can shop there.

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there. It is a much smaller store than ours but really? What do you think rts551?

In Rio de Janeiro, where the poorer neighborhoods are being hit hard, grocery stores are being raided.

The Spanish flu!!!! It killed 700,000 in the U.S. I had not heard of it before. From Wiki-

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people—about a quarter of the world's population at the time. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

Yesterday, I had the very sad news that a high school friend's older brother died of this most horrid Corona Virus in the States. Sadder than sad.

Stay healthy amigos!

paranewbi - 3-26-2020 at 06:12 AM

Perhaps you were thoughtful Blanca...

“If I do have COVID19, it is for the very reasons I have been writing about since before the pandemic reached our shores: lack of advance preparation, lack of risk stratification, and lack of policies predicated on risk differentials,” he writes. “What I mean is this: my most likely exposure is from my adult children sent back to the family home when (A) universities closed down, and (B) businesses closed down and laid people off.”

“I am not saying these things didn’t need to happen — but they needed to happen with some careful consideration of risk tiers,” he adds.

Dr. David L. Katz, a disease prevention research scientist and founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center

bezzelle - 3-26-2020 at 06:43 AM

190 out of 195 countries
'gets around'

Africa breakdown has been added.

https://ncov2019.live/data

pacificobob - 3-26-2020 at 08:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  
190 out of 195 countries
'gets around'

Africa breakdown has been added.

https://ncov2019.live/data

Thanks for the link

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2020 at 08:43 AM

lencho - do not have details. Very sad. Thanks for the pesames.

rts551 - 3-26-2020 at 09:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Ralph....really? I had not heard. But we are on the edge of town and don't hear the loudspeakers, if it was announced. This is the only way we are going to survive this nightmare.

Our local grocery store has changed the rules so that ONLY La Bocana residents can shop there.

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there. It is a much smaller store than ours but really? What do you think rts551?

In Rio de Janeiro, where the poorer neighborhoods are being hit hard, grocery stores are being raided.

The Spanish flu!!!! It killed 700,000 in the U.S. I had not heard of it before. From Wiki-

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people—about a quarter of the world's population at the time. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

Yesterday, I had the very sad news that a high school friend's older brother died of this most horrid Corona Virus in the States. Sadder than sad.

Stay healthy amigos!

What do I think? Even though I have lived here for years I am still an outsider and am careful about criticizing the powers in town. I will say this...Many people that can no longer buy at the store - police, teachers, doctors/nurses etc- are very upset. As a resident I have no problem with the blocking of the highway, but I bet the virus is already here.

It's a PASSING Problem

MrBillM - 3-26-2020 at 10:02 AM

Millions may Pass before it's over.

Including we two. And many of our aged family, friends and acquaintances. If COVID-19 don't do us, we'll still be gone before the virus will have ended its run.

Speaking of which, with all of the brouhaha over the current and future lack of Ventilators generating calls for ramped-up emergency production, the question arises ................... are there any survival/mortality statistics (anywhere ?) regarding said devices ?

Given the virulence with which the virus attacks the lungs and the (almost ?) complete lack of therapeutic drugs, it would seem that once a person reaches the state where a ventilator is required, they are mostly unlikely to survive.

Are the ventilators mostly an exercise in futility ? A false hope ? Is an astronomical emergency production push really a best priority ?

Register me as skeptical.

mtgoat666 - 3-26-2020 at 11:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
The hwy is being sealed off at Campo Fisher. We were advised by the Delegado today.

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there.

Sounds like rural baja society is traveling down the road to tribalism, and Conrad's Heart of Darkness...

thebajarunner - 3-26-2020 at 11:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The hwy is being sealed off at Campo Fisher. We were advised by the Delegado today.

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there.

Sounds like rural baja society is traveling down the road to tribalism, and Conrad's Heart of Darkness...

Sounds to me like rural Baja is waking up to the fact that their country has elected an idiot who has a death wish

Skipjack Joe - 3-26-2020 at 05:22 PM

As a resident I have no problem with the blocking of the highway, but I bet the virus is already here.

Why do you say that? Do you know of anyone seriously ill in Abreojos? There is nobody here. It's a small town. Words gets around quickly.

If they close the highway I don't know how we're going to withdraw money to live on.

Meanwhile, all restaurants have closed here.

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2020 at 05:47 PM

Hi Skipjack, we were in your neck of the woods today if you are in Abre.

Can you not use the ATM for your cash or does it charge too much? As a resident, you will have no issues reentering town.

We use the telecomm for our transfers, the limit is $1500 dollars a day. Happy to explain how it works if you want.

I agree with Ralph. Without a shadow of a doubt, the virus is here. San Ignacio had hundreds of international visitors this year and Abreojans and Bocanans spend quite a few weekends there. Many, many students came back to their parents' home from La Paz and other places. Keeping the distance is the only recourse right now. May I please be so wrong.

The news is that because the delegados (mayors) are now being quite pro-active, I am not the only baddie. Rumor has it they might indeed close campo fisher (but it was open today), they might not allow booze to be bought after 2 pm (what is up with that????) and lastly, everyone is supposed to be inside their home by 9 pm.

Paco Facullo - 3-26-2020 at 06:02 PM

"they might not allow booze to be bought after 2 pm"

So, You better to get you're drink on early !!

Or at least BUY early,
If'n Yur up THAT early after hanging one on the night before ????

Skipjack Joe - 3-26-2020 at 06:28 PM

I agree with Ralph. Without a shadow of a doubt, the virus is here. San Ignacio had hundreds of international visitors this year and Abreojans and Bocanans spend quite a few weekends there. Many, many students came back to their parents' home from La Paz and other places. Keeping the distance is the only recourse right now. May I please be so wrong.

Well, if there isn't a shadow of a doubt then you can't be wrong.

It doesn't hurt to be overly cautious. If you think you're living among infected people, that's ok. I feel strongly the other way. There are many reasons but I don't think what I say will matter much. Either way, if it's not here now it will be later. Personally I feel that we're real lucky that we can close a single road and be relatively isolated. There aren't many places like that.

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2020 at 08:21 PM

As I look out at the ocean, I truly believe that we are lucky. We can walk for hours and never see another human. There are 2 ways into La Bocana - in from Bahia Asuncion and of course, via Abreojos. Three if one takes into account the ocean and coming in by boat.

I pray with all my heart that YOU are right and I am over reacting. Because I am diabetic, for me, this is panic time. Because Les had heart issues, this is panic time.

rts551 - 3-26-2020 at 09:11 PM

As a resident I have no problem with the blocking of the highway, but I bet the virus is already here.

Why do you say that? Do you know of anyone seriously ill in Abreojos? There is nobody here. It's a small town. Words gets around quickly.

If they close the highway I don't know how we're going to withdraw money to live on.

Meanwhile, all restaurants have closed here.

Couple of people with the "flu". There is no testing so who knows. You can use the ATM for money. The recommendation is that all tourists leave. Campo Rene is closed. Expat residents should make a decision to stay pu or leave but not go back and forth.

Blanca makes it sound like you are now a resident?

Skipjack Joe - 3-27-2020 at 01:11 AM

As I look out at the ocean, I truly believe that we are lucky. We can walk for hours and never see another human. There are 2 ways into La Bocana - in from Bahia Asuncion and of course, via Abreojos. Three if one takes into account the ocean and coming in by boat.

I pray with all my heart that YOU are right and I am over reacting. Because I am diabetic, for me, this is panic time. Because Les had heart issues, this is panic time.

I, too, have had a number of recent illnesses so I'm pretty vulnerable here. I recently read the article of the woman that had what she thought was coronavirus in Cabo but wouldn't be tested. It was eerily similar to what I went through 8 years ago with Valley Fever. It's nothing like you ever had before. You know when you get it and you know when you see someone with it. The colds and sniffles everyone gets in this town (Asuncion) are like the first couple of days of it. Most people here have chronic sinusitis due to the winds in my opinion.

shari - 3-28-2020 at 10:00 AM

It is tough once you start choosing who to let in.
I know as a parent we want to protect our children which is why my daughter & 2 grandchildren are here in Asuncion after self quarantined to make sure they arent infected.
There are expats who have homes here who have come to shelter here...who am I to tell them not to come. I understand we must limit the risk of bringing the virus here but anything short of martial law wont stop the risk.

Even residents who go to Vizcaino to shop or bank will be exposed to the virus so pretty hard to shut down all access. I figure if we all do our part to limit exposure we should be fine...marial law seems a bit draconian to me as does stopping alcohol sales after 2:00!!

I heard about the new restrictions for coming and going and understand that only residents will be allowed in but personally havent seen any checkpoints for Asuncion. Some businesses are closed and some open with restrictions on how many in a store at one time and most are practicing social distancing. All in all I figure we are so fortunate to live in this remote area of Baja.

David K - 3-28-2020 at 11:22 AM

There is/was even another way... if the Abreojos blockade cuts off your supplies. Mike Younghusband and Don-Kay used it after leaving your place.

TMW - 3-28-2020 at 07:24 PM

Blanca I will be thinking of and praying for you and les and your safety.

yellowklr - 3-29-2020 at 05:38 PM

Blanca what you suggested was spot on and if some people are offended by it too bad...

Paco Facullo - 3-29-2020 at 07:07 PM

Ya, as if Blanka's heart isn't always in the right place !!!

mtgoat666 - 3-29-2020 at 07:39 PM

A few more ways:
Conception, birth
Air transport
Teleportation

LancairDriver - 3-29-2020 at 08:42 PM

In contrast to what is happening today in response to the Corona Virus, take a look at the 1968 H3N2 “Hong Kong Flu” that took the lives of a reported 100,000 Americans and an estimated million around the world. There was no government response in restricting travel, martial law action, or destroying people’s livelihoods by shutting down businesses and causing devastating damage to the economy that will continue for years to come. Last estimate I heard on this pandemic is a possible high of 80,000 American deaths., but probably much lower. Maybe a proper response would be to scale back the massive US war killing machinery expenditure and devote the savings to Medical research.

Skipjack Joe - 3-30-2020 at 01:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

Maybe a proper response would be to scale back the massive US war killing machinery expenditure and devote the savings to Medical research.

Very true.

However, here is a plot of cases vs time in the US. Notice anything interesting?

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 8.31.jpg - 54kB

BajaBlanca - 3-30-2020 at 04:44 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I pray for each and every one of you! Where would I be without my bajanomad family?

I have to confess, it is really, REALLY hard for the social side of me to distance myself.

There was a woman on TV who said her brother called her on a Wednesday to say he had the virus and he was dead on the following Friday. Scared the bejeezus out of me.

I have spent the last 3 days writing out instructions for each of my students on how to contact their college sponsors directly in case I go to greener pastures. I had thought about having my friend from Abreojos manage the project but it was so hard to explain the ins and outs that it seemed better for each student to be responsible for their own funds. I don't plan on croaking anytime soon but then, no one does, right?

So, I hope you have been enjoying some of the jokes going around! I cry at how funny some of them are. A Brazilian one showed a guy in the kitchen, throwing oil and water on the floor and then running in place. His new home gym!

John Harper - 3-30-2020 at 07:14 AM

Maybe a proper response would be to scale back the massive US war killing machinery expenditure and devote the savings to Medical research.

+1

John

BajaBlanca - 3-30-2020 at 07:48 AM

+2

bezzelle - 3-30-2020 at 08:56 AM

+2

Ms Blanca ... YOU should watch this doctor's video if you can. Will re-assure / prep you (57min)

https://vimeo.com/399733860

LancairDriver - 3-30-2020 at 09:32 AM

bezzelle; Fox would never be behind cutting military spending!
Agree!
Also include ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,WASHINGTON POST, NY TIMES, etc,etc
There is a big uphill battle in turning this gang’s agenda around. Too much money at stake here.

Happy Talk, Keep Talking Happy Talk *

MrBillM - 3-30-2020 at 09:36 AM

" ....... You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, How you gonna have a dream come true ........ "

Outdated (?) Mental Lemonaide from Lancairdriver:

" ....... In contrast to what is happening today in response to the Corona Virus, take a look at the 1968 H3N2 “Hong Kong Flu” that took the lives of a reported 100,000 Americans and an estimated million around the world ....... "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY FROM THE TOP !

The White House coronavirus response coordinator said Monday that she is "very worried about every city in the United States" and projects 100,000 to 200,000 American deaths as a best case scenario.

In an interview on "TODAY," Dr. Deborah Birx painted a grim message about the expected fatalities, echoing that they could hit more than 2 million without any measures, as coronavirus cases continue to climb throughout the country.

"I think everyone understands now that you can go from five to 50 to 500 to 5,000 cases very quickly," Birx said.

"I think in some of the metro areas we were late in getting people to follow the 15-day guidelines," she added.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly,"she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

We well may be living through a live version of the " The Cat on the Roof "

Buena Suerte !

"We'll meet again
Don't know where, don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Til the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away"

[Edited on 3-30-2020 by MrBillM]

bezzelle - 3-30-2020 at 10:02 AM

bezzelle; Fox would never be behind cutting military spending!
Agree!
Also include ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,WASHINGTON POST, NY TIMES, etc,etc
There is a big uphill battle in turning this gang’s agenda around. Too much money at stake here.

oh c'mon ... we know Fox is going to be a lil' more 'hawkish' when it comes to military and it's role in the economy (is all)

[Don't be surprised if 'recommended isolation' period gets a boost to 18-21 days (vs current 14 days) as research continues ... it's looking like 10% of adults are experiencing longer incubation (reports out of Chyyynna).] just fyi

BajaBlanca - 3-30-2020 at 11:12 AM

bezzelle - what an interesting video, thanks! 1. I had a good laugh when he said when you have corona virus, You feel like chit. 2. The doc looks awful, himself. The bags under his eyes are SCARY. My thanks to him and all health care workers. We owe you, bigtime.

The message is clear - wash your hands, don't touch your face.

He says Corona Virus is a wimp Hahahaha Dies on contact with disinfectant. Brilliant. That works for me.

Thanks again for the video. Amazing that our internet was good enough to load it.

bezzelle - 3-30-2020 at 11:39 AM

bezzelle - what an interesting video, thanks! 1. I had a good laugh when he said when you have corona virus, You feel like chit. 2. The doc looks awful, himself. The bags under his eyes are SCARY. My thanks to him and all health care workers. We owe you, bigtime.

The message is clear - wash your hands, don't touch your face.

He says Corona Virus is a wimp Hahahaha Dies on contact with disinfectant. Brilliant. That works for me.

Thanks again for the video. Amazing that our internet was good enough to load it.

I saw more of dark lines under his eyes ie adrenal fatigue.
understandable for sure.

bezzelle - 3-30-2020 at 12:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
" ....... You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, How you gonna have a dream come true ........ "

Outdated (?) Mental Lemonaide from Lancairdriver:

" ....... In contrast to what is happening today in response to the Corona Virus, take a look at the 1968 H3N2 “Hong Kong Flu” that took the lives of a reported 100,000 Americans and an estimated ...

TODAY FROM THE TOP !

The White House coronavirus response coordinator said Monday that she is "very worried about every city in the United States" and projects 100,000 to 200,000 American deaths as a best case scenario.

In an interview on "TODAY," Dr. Deborah Birx painted a grim message about the expected fatalities, echoing that they could hit more than 2 million without any measures, as coronavirus cases continue to climb throughout the country.

"I think everyone understands now that you can go from five to 50 to 500 to 5,000 cases very quickly," Birx said.

"I think in some of the metro areas we were late in getting people to follow the 15-day guidelines," she added.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly,"she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

We well may be living through a live version of the " The Cat on the Roof "

Buena Suerte !

"We'll meet again
Don't know where, don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Til the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away"
[Edited on 3-30-2020 by MrBillM]

not to memtion in 1968 world population 3.5 billion
today 7.8 billion with 1 million added (net, not gross) every 4.5 days currently

anybody poo-pooing population overshoot is living in an ignorant dreamworld.
it's problem numero uno, followed very closely with what one particular species has done to the insanely thin atmosphere.

ni modo !!