BajaNomad

Protesters Block Nogales Border

BajaBill74 - 3-25-2020 at 11:23 PM

Protester blocked the border on the Mexico side of the Nogales border to keep from the US from bringing the virus to Mexico.

Good for them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/25/corona...

Bajazly - 3-25-2020 at 11:53 PM

Good to see concern down here but I hope it's not too little to late.

chuckie - 3-26-2020 at 04:28 AM

OF course it is....

John Harper - 3-26-2020 at 05:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
OF course it is....

+1

John

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2020 at 05:48 AM

I had some friends who recently moved to Punta Abreojos after retiring visit me 2 days ago. Someone wrote and told me I was endangering La Bocana.

This is going to get uglier and uglier.

Hook - 3-26-2020 at 07:29 AM

19 protesters with two vehicles manages to block the crossing "for hours"?

Another fail by Mexican law enforcement, is the most significant issue to me. But that's not news...........

I admire their motives, but not their tactics.

I have two friends who live down here, that have to go north to Tucson for cancer treatments. They are not happy about having to go to hospitals, in this CV era. Heck, hospitals have been lax on controlling simple bacterial infections like staph.

They have no family to stay with in the States, anymore. What are they supposed to do; become homeless at 70?

There are LOTS of people who live within six hours of the US border, in Mexico, and travel north and south for legitimate, legal reasons; even in this time of restricted travel. Their cancers have a lot greater chance of killing them than this virus.

These protesters would be better off protesting the lax law enforcement down here that HAS ALREADY ended up costing many thousands of lives.

Marc - 3-26-2020 at 07:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
OF course it is....

All it takes is one!

Paco Facullo - 3-26-2020 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I had some friends who recently moved to Punta Abreojos after retiring visit me 2 days ago. Someone wrote and told me I was endangering La Bocana.

This is going to get uglier and uglier.

First it was Country against Country
then it was State against state
then it was city against City
then it was town against town
then it was Neighborhood against Neighborhood
then it was neighbor against neighbor,,,,,,,,

And SO it goes......

Stay strong and watch out for YOU and your Family....

Be careful and may you ALL be blessed by whichever God you choose.......

I being a Buddhist figure " It is what it is )

Hope for the Best

MrBillM - 3-26-2020 at 09:20 AM

Watch for the early signs. As conditions deteriorate, expect, anticipate and prepare for the Worst.

Where possible, be Armed and vigilant. One may be faced with making split-second defensive survival decisions previously unimagined.

paranewbi - 3-27-2020 at 05:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
19 protesters with two vehicles manages to block the crossing "for hours"?

Another fail by Mexican law enforcement, is the most significant issue to me. But that's not news...........

I admire their motives, but not their tactics.

I have two friends who live down here, that have to go north to Tucson for cancer treatments. They are not happy about having to go to hospitals, in this CV era. Heck, hospitals have been lax on controlling simple bacterial infections like staph.

They have no family to stay with in the States, anymore. What are they supposed to do; become homeless at 70?

There are LOTS of people who live within six hours of the US border, in Mexico, and travel north and south for legitimate, legal reasons; even in this time of restricted travel. Their cancers have a lot greater chance of killing them than this virus.

These protesters would be better off protesting the lax law enforcement down here that HAS ALREADY ended up costing many thousands of lives.

Spoke to our family in Guatemala yesterday. Stores and Banks are only open for a few hours each day. Although small in numbers, Cvirus cases are increasing. And so is their fear.

I suppose it won't be long before they close the border to the US...er, wait, sorry, that would be Mexico.