BajaNomad

Wine #2 Nivel Nebbiolo

Santiago - 4-4-2020 at 06:57 AM

Another new winery for us, Vinos Nivel. 2017 100% Nebbiolo.

Not being wine makers ourselves, we don't know if Nebbiolo is touchy about it's environment but it must as it's been our experience that Guadalupe Nebbiolo can be all over the place. We can't recall ever tasting a 100% Nebbiolo before but we all suffer from CRS so that is not reliable. So, with some trepidation, heh, we popped the cork, let it breathe about 20-30 seconds and dove in. (GrubHub was at the door with our shelter-in-place-Peruvian-night food so no time to waste)

Outstanding, on the level of a really good Malbec, very steak-worthy. I don't know who Juan Paredes Cerano is, but either he got lucky or he knows what he is doing. Next time going south, we are loading up.

Nivel.jpg - 209kB

Nivel 2.jpg - 169kB

Attachment: Cab-Merlot.webp (61kB)
This file has been downloaded 172 times

[Edited on 4-4-2020 by Santiago]

thebajarunner - 4-4-2020 at 09:01 PM

Where did you buy it?
Love a good Nebbiolo
Hard to find good ones

Couple years ago driving through the LACetto vineyards in San Vicente we saw some vine rows marked with the name

Santiago - 4-5-2020 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Where did you buy it?
Love a good Nebbiolo
Hard to find good ones

This was part of a 6-pack shipment of Baja wines from La Mission Associates, LMAwines.com.

Kimpatsu_Hekigan - 4-5-2020 at 05:58 PM

How can one order these wines for delivery within Mexico, that is, on mainland Mexico?

As individual vintage bottles (in a case-size lot) and/or in a 6-pack assortment?

Thanks!

Santiago - 4-5-2020 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Kimpatsu_Hekigan  
How can one order these wines for delivery within Mexico, that is, on mainland Mexico?

As individual vintage bottles (in a case-size lot) and/or in a 6-pack assortment?

Thanks!

Try LMA or maybe contact the winery through their Face Book page.

thebajarunner - 4-6-2020 at 05:24 PM

I don't do Facebook
But I would really like to visit the place
Any idea where it is located?

$33 is pretty pricey for an unknown mail order variety, Just saying.

With very few exceptions I have found most Baja wines to be worth a lot less than that number, but I am always up to finding new and better. And, at least when it comes to wine, I have a very open mind.

nbentley1 - 4-7-2020 at 09:00 AM

Got my first shipment from LMA last week, fast shipping and a pretty solid selection