BajaNomad

Mexico Re-open?

Pages:  1    3    5

Pacifico - 5-4-2020 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Chinese propaganda cartoon that rings true:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-01/china-state-media-propaganda-video-mock-us-coronavirus/12204836?fbclid=IwAR2OvRpy_KR9uWr7MlSZMwNFCCDPyfoFA8mxUc 0PvCRLc4-QA7N2cn2UvrE

Some may ring true, but they left a lot out. They said no human to human transmission....they wouldn't share info...incinerated thousands of bodies (likely)….tried to cover it up.....pulled people from their homes by force...welded doors shut with people inside... continue to lie about their numbers, etc...

I would trust drinking Tijuana gutter water before I would trust China!

Screw China! Buy AMERICAN!!!

Enjoy the Ride ...............

MrBillM - 5-4-2020 at 06:36 PM

............. Knowing that it will (likely) be the wildest (and for many the last) adventure of your lives given the FACT that individual behavior will be the greatest determinant to affect the course of the virus.

NORMAL is quite possibly NEVER. We might well be living that "Contagion Disaster Movie" that we thought entertaining in the past.

We're only a couple of months into the "BAD STUFF" business. Effective therapeutic drugs may never make a dent. Barring some miraculous stroke of luck a (possible) effective vaccine is (at least) 8-10 times that far from general application.

IF (as now forecast by DCDT's favorite forecasters) we get to 3K dead and rising per day by 01 Jun with as (Doc Debbie NOW says) " .......... our forecasts always were for up to 240,000 deaths ......... ", it's gonna get REAL UGLY.

BTW - Have a Nice Day.

You might not have many left.

Pacifico - 5-4-2020 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
............. Knowing that it will (likely) be the wildest (and for many the last) adventure of your lives given the FACT that individual behavior will be the greatest determinant to affect the course of the virus.

NORMAL is quite possibly NEVER. We might well be living that "Contagion Disaster Movie" that we thought entertaining in the past.

We're only a couple of months into the "BAD STUFF" business. Effective therapeutic drugs may never make a dent. Barring some miraculous stroke of luck a (possible) effective vaccine is (at least) 8-10 times that far from general application.

IF (as now forecast by DCDT's favorite forecasters) we get to 3K dead and rising per day by 01 Jun with as (Doc Debbie NOW says) " .......... our forecasts always were for up to 240,000 deaths ......... ", it's gonna get REAL UGLY.

BTW - Have a Nice Day.

Speaking of Contagion....I just watched it recently! Pretty crazy stuff...If you haven't seen it, it's an interesting time to watch it!

Skipjack Joe - 5-4-2020 at 07:21 PM

We should have a vaccine(two in fact) by the beginning of next year. Maybe even December. What's that, 8 months from now? Supposedly it's a very effective vaccine, not like those flu shots we get. Just take it one day at a time...

JZ - 5-4-2020 at 08:42 PM

BTW - Have a Nice Day.

Exercise, take your vitamins, lose some LB's.

Yes, ppl are going to die. Shelter in place isn't going to solve that. Testing will help slow it some.

Three things will help greatly:

1. Herd immunity
2. Drugs to improve chances of survival

3. Vaccine

[Edited on 5-5-2020 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 5-4-2020 at 10:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

BTW - Have a Nice Day.

Yes, ppl are going to die. Shelter in place isn't going to solve that. Testing will help slow it some.

1. Herd immunity
3. Vaccine

Re #1, which of your parents and wife’s parents do you not mind dieing?

Skipjack Joe - 5-5-2020 at 07:41 AM

The one who benefits the most from a mask is not the wearer but the receiver. The cough droplets still escape the mask but stay close to the persons face.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/05/04/cough-coronavirus-masks-kaye-pkg-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

BobbyC - 5-5-2020 at 08:02 AM

1. Herd immunity
3. Vaccine

Except that the whole HERD IMMUNITY idea seems to only work effectively if you find a vaccine relatively soon. Unless of course you are one of the flippant ones who is willing to sacrifice millions.

What the Proponents of ‘Natural’ Herd Immunity Don’t Say

Easy to say until it hits someone close to you.

Masking that Herd can be Dangerous

MrBillM - 5-5-2020 at 09:01 AM

FLINT, Mich. (AP) — A woman, her adult son and husband have been charged in the fatal shooting of a security guard who refused to let her daughter enter a Family Dollar in Michigan because she wasn't wearing a face mask to protect against transmission of the coronavirus.

Calvin Munerlyn was shot Friday at the store just north of downtown Flint a short time after telling Sharmel Teague’s daughter she had to leave because she lacked a mask, according to Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

Teague, 45, argued with Munerlyn, 43, before leaving. Two men later came to the store.

Teague; her husband, Larry Teague, 44; and Ramonyea Bishop, 23; are charged with first-degree premeditated murder and gun charges.

Larry Teague also is charged with violating Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's executive order mandating that all customers and employees must wear face coverings inside grocery stores, Leyton said.

Witnesses identified Bishop as the man who shot Munerlyn in the back of the head, Leyton said.

Sharmel Teague has been arrested. Police were looking for her husband and son.

No information has been released about the daughter, who has not been charged in the shooting.

chippy - 5-5-2020 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Not baja but I will 411 on the PV costco manaña. :bounce:

I was there a couple weeks ago. All very civilized- carts are sterilized, people are maintaining distance, staff and most customers wearing masks and distancing, no pushing or shoving.

Correctamundo! No problems. Plenty of everything! Fastest drive in a long time. Lifes good!

JZ - 5-5-2020 at 05:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BobbyC  

Except that the whole HERD IMMUNITY idea seems to only work effectively if you find a vaccine relatively soon. Unless of course you are one of the flippant ones who is willing to sacrifice millions.

What the Proponents of ‘Natural’ Herd Immunity Don’t Say

Easy to say until it hits someone close to you.

Thankfully that's the path we are on. And I'm 100% okay with that.

Skipjack Joe - 5-5-2020 at 06:11 PM

The Spanish flu ended with herd immunity. The US lost 500,000-850,000 people. The country was much smaller then. I think now it would reach 2.5 million.

We were projected to reach 60,000 deaths. That has been upgraded to 124,000 deaths at the current rate(72,000 now). We'll see.

JZ - 5-5-2020 at 06:14 PM

This isn't the Spanish Flu and current medical technology isn't based on 1820's.

Feathers - 5-5-2020 at 06:35 PM

This isn't the Spanish Flu and current medical technology isn't based on 1820's.

Exactly. Those afraid to re-enter the work force/society... please stay home. Quit holding the rest of us hostage.

No Worries

MrBillM - 5-5-2020 at 09:23 PM

We've entered the inevitable "Que Sera Sera" phase and soon enough (within the year) we'll know the likely result. Popular arguments, theories and politics won't matter.

In any case, the economy is going to be a F-cking mess for a long while no matter what. Longer than I'm going to be around and that's all that counts. Restaurants, airlines and whatever aren't going to do well operating at half (or less) capacity. Bankruptcies are coming BIG time.

Let's just hope that enough folks stay alive and show up in those packing plants to keep Rib-Eyes in the meat case and the Illegals stay healthy enough to man the fields.

Maybe, we'll even see the day when Toilet Paper is again a commonplace presence on the shelf.

Well, maybe not.

On the bright side .................(best case in the worst case ?), we'll see a few (or more) of those on our "wish you were dead" lists gone before we hit the ground gasping for that last breath.

paranewbi - 5-6-2020 at 05:20 AM

We've entered the inevitable "Que Sera Sera" phase and soon enough (within the year) we'll know the likely result. Popular arguments, theories and politics won't matter.

In any case, the economy is going to be a F-cking mess for a long while no matter what. Longer than I'm going to be around and that's all that counts. Restaurants, airlines and whatever aren't going to do well operating at half (or less) capacity. Bankruptcies are coming BIG time.

Let's just hope that enough folks stay alive and show up in those packing plants to keep Rib-Eyes in the meat case and the Illegals stay healthy enough to man the fields.

Maybe, we'll even see the day when Toilet Paper is again a commonplace presence on the shelf.

Well, maybe not.

On the bright side .................(best case in the worst case ?), we'll see a few (or more) of those on our "wish you were dead" lists gone before we hit the ground gasping for that last breath.

Modern version of 'Chicken Little'

"Henny Penny, more commonly known in the United States as Chicken Little and sometimes as Chicken Licken, is a European folk tale with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes that the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Similar stories go back more than 25 centuries;[1] it continues to be referred to in a variety of media. "

Stay at home...duck and cover...the world is ending in (?) years. "Similar stories go back more than 25 centuries"

There's a whole lot to see above that Ostrich hole.

Mexico is re-opening

Skipjack Joe - 5-6-2020 at 06:49 AM

The Spanish flu happened during WWI.

But yes, without a vaccine and without a cure we're literally fighting this the same way Venice fought the Black Death in the 14th century - quarantine. Those people that are hospitalized are essentially getting nothing more than a bed and oxygen towards the end.

The Sky MAY be Falling, But SO WHAT ?

MrBillM - 5-6-2020 at 08:31 AM

There's no point in debating the inevitable. We're on our way and we'll see where the road taken leads. We might be right, we might be wrong, but we're going to be getting on. Whatever the Death count, only a fool believes that nonsense about a "rocketing" economic recovery anytime in the next few years. Shining a UV light up your nostril and down your throat everyday won't pay the bills.

As the Wolfe Tones sing:

" We're on the one road - Sharing the one load - We're on the road to God knows where - We're on the one road - It may be the wrong road But we're together now who cares ............... North men South men comrades all ............ We're on the one road swinging along - Singing a soldier's song "

And, marching along, we're about to head out to find if we've actually been successful in getting a rental car for our overdue (usually bi-monthly) trip to El Centro. Assuming success, we're then faced with the "take-out" lunch decision. Chili's open ?

1800 Hrs. An A-OK Day ?*
----------------------------

Given that each day venturing into the new normal comes with a 2-14 day asterisk, it was "so far-so good".

Near-normal traffic SB (I10/CA86) a.m. Heavier NB (CA111/CA86/I10) p.m. Lunching (Farmer Boys) take-out in the car in a parking lot a bummer. El Centro Costco parking lot packed.

It looked like a good day for those who might be smuggling Illegals NB. NO inspection activity or interest at the Salton Sea CBP checkpoint. 106 degrees and CV-19 a discouragement ?

Manana, our pooch is scheduled for a shot. Procedure is to call upon arrival at the (locked) entrance. A tech will come out, take the dog inside and we wait outside. WEIRD. Unknown is how the payment process works. Maybe, they've upgraded to wireless card scanners ? Or, they'll chance your presence for payment.

Doc's office (our MD) left a voicemail today regarding our usual 3-month routine updates. We can either do a video or telephone chat. Obviously, all that usual heart, weight, temp, bp, otra stuff (along with the lab work) is superfluous in this time of killer cough.

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by MrBillM]

SFandH - 5-7-2020 at 12:23 PM

Just finished my third book about pandemics:

"Pandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond"

https://www.amazon.com/Pandemic-Tracking-Contagions-Cholera-...

I'm in self-isolation for the foreseeable future. My wife does all the shopping, she always has, so I don't need to leave the house.

From what I've been reading, the pandemic will continue until about 70% of the population is immune, either from contracting the disease and surviving or from a yet to be developed vaccine.

The re-opening of businesses and other places people gather is one grand experiment. More people are going to get sick, more are going to die, but hey, people need to work and businesses need to operate. I'll be happy to see the market come back.

If you're going out, please use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands frequently. If you're feeling sick, even a little bit, stay home.

On a positive note, Shakespeare wrote several of his plays while in self-isolation because of the bubonic plague and Issac Newton developed his theory of gravitation while in self-isolation for the same reason.

Alm - 5-7-2020 at 01:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

From what I've been reading, the pandemic will continue until about 70% of the population is immune, either from contracting the disease and surviving or from a yet to be developed vaccine.

Assuming the virus doesn't mutate fast enough to counter both the "herd immunity" and (yet to be developed) vaccine.

Enough doom and gloom, please.

Feathers - 5-7-2020 at 03:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

Assuming the virus doesn't mutate fast enough to counter both the "herd immunity" and (yet to be developed) vaccine.

FTA:

"In the case of SARS-CoV-2, the finding is of interest because the nature of the mutation suggests it may have an association with a less severe form of the disease. A less virulent virus may have a selective advantage over other strains."

Scientists discover unique mutation of new coronavirus:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/scientists-discove...

More:

FTA:

"Just because it mutates doesn't mean it's changing in ways that's going to make it more virulent or more infectious," he said. "It is going to drift over time. Generally the drift should be in the direction of making it less virulent, less dangerous, not more, if it's selected for, because it wants to keep its host alive."

Dr. Scott Gottlieb says coronavirus mutation study 'doesn't prove' new strain more contagious

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/dr-scott-gottlieb-cautions-o...

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by Feathers]

Skipjack Joe - 5-7-2020 at 04:31 PM

On a positive note, Shakespeare wrote several of his plays while in self-isolation because of the bubonic plague and Issac Newton developed his theory of gravitation while in self-isolation for the same reason.

Does this mean I can write sonnets if I self-isolate.

JZ - 5-7-2020 at 04:53 PM

I swear, it seems like some ppl want bad stuff to happen.

Alm - 5-7-2020 at 04:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  

Let's not get confused.

The study didn't find that mutated CV-19 was more infectious.
It didn't find that mutated CV-19 was less infectious.
It found that mutated CV-19 was causing symptoms as severe as the initial strain.
It also suggested that mutations may complicate the vaccine development that is currently under way.

[Edited on 5-8-2020 by Alm]

Feathers - 5-7-2020 at 05:21 PM

SMH. Isn't that the truth.

JZ - 5-7-2020 at 05:25 PM

Let's not get confused.

It found that mutated CV-19 was causing symptoms as severe as the initial strain.
It also suggested that mutations may complicate the vaccine development that is currently under way.

Stick to scaring the crap out of your wife.

While you sit around watching CNN, we are opening this thing back up. Good luck to you.

[Edited on 5-8-2020 by JZ]

Paco Facullo - 5-7-2020 at 05:29 PM

Out of ALL bad there is good.....

This whole predatory Capitalistic society has gotten WAY TOO greedy and needs a reset...

That is what is happening now... I hear that Mother Nature is quite pleased also,,,,,

Feathers - 5-7-2020 at 05:33 PM

Let's not get confused.

Stick to scaring the crap out of your wife.

While you sit around watching CNN, we are opening this thing back up. Good luck to you.

[Edited on 5-8-2020 by JZ]

+1

Alm - 5-7-2020 at 06:02 PM

While you sit around watching CNN, we are opening this thing back up.

The linked study is clear as mud, to anybody who can read.
But I guess I'm asking too much of JZ.

mtgoat666 - 5-8-2020 at 05:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pascuale  

Mexico Re-open?

By the look of things it seems that the outbreak has been fairly well controlled in in most areas in comparison to up North. Its incredible reading how some towns like Los Barriles are handling things .

When do you you think the country will re-open to travel again? Any thoughts? So far our flights to SJDC were cancelled in June. Hopefully things get better and borders will open for travel by the end of July.

Mexico is still in on the left side of the curve,...
I doubt any sane person will be getting on a plane for leisure travel in June... especially to visit Mexico.
Prolonged close proximity with contagious person in area of limited air circulation — e.g. sitting on plane, sitting/working in restaurant, sitting in office, living in nursing home — is how you catch this disease.
You got to be crazy to get in a plane with other passengers

David K - 5-8-2020 at 05:51 AM

Don't most Nomads DRIVE to Mexico?

mtgoat666 - 5-8-2020 at 06:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Don't most Nomads DRIVE to Mexico?

Many nomads fly to/from Mexico, especially those coming/going from BCS.

Paco Facullo - 5-8-2020 at 07:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Out of ALL bad there is good.....

This whole predatory Capitalistic society has gotten WAY TOO greedy and needs a reset...

That is what is happening now... I hear that Mother Nature is quite pleased also,,,,,

So, you say this horrible event is pleasing to environmentalist nut jobs?

The Great Realisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5KQMXDiM4&feature=yout...

pauldavidmena - 5-8-2020 at 07:32 AM

Sir Isaac Newton also developed infinitesimal calculus while isolated. Damn plagues!

JZ - 5-8-2020 at 07:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Mexico Re-open?

By the look of things it seems that the outbreak has been fairly well controlled in in most areas in comparison to up North. Its incredible reading how some towns like Los Barriles are handling things .

When do you you think the country will re-open to travel again? Any thoughts? So far our flights to SJDC were cancelled in June. Hopefully things get better and borders will open for travel by the end of July.

I doubt any sane person will be getting on a plane for leisure travel in June... especially to visit Mexico.
Prolonged close proximity with contagious person in area of limited air circulation — e.g. sitting on plane, sitting/working in restaurant, sitting in office, living in nursing home — is how you catch this disease.

You keep saying this. But you are wrong.

The air on a plane isn't like a bus or subway.

SFandH - 5-8-2020 at 09:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5KQMXDiM4&feature=yout...

Interesting topic: What will be the lasting behavioral changes, if any?

The roaring 20s, including prohibition, happened after the 1918 H1N1 influenza pandemic.

Hmmmm

Paco Facullo - 5-8-2020 at 11:17 AM

" conception starts at erection? "

Notice,,,, The brain is the fundamental SEX organ........

mtgoat666 - 5-8-2020 at 11:42 AM

Mexico Re-open?

you are right, the air is worse on airplanes! Airplanes are usually more crowded, and your duration in airplane is typically longer than a subway or commuter train ride.
the budget airlines minimize air exchanges and air filter cleaning, because they are budget airlines trying to pinch a penny until it screams. 22 inch seat pitch and sitting next to fat sweaty people all wheezing, hacking and sneezing, packed like sardines,...

motoged - 5-8-2020 at 12:19 PM

" conception starts at erection? "

Notice,,,, The brain is the fundamental SEX organ........

May the gods help some of the Nomads if that is the case :biggrin:

paranewbi - 5-8-2020 at 01:40 PM

Mexico Re-open?

you are right, the air is worse on airplanes! Airplanes are usually more crowded, and your duration in airplane is typically longer than a subway or commuter train ride.
the budget airlines minimize air exchanges and air filter cleaning, because they are budget airlines trying to pinch a penny until it screams. 22 inch seat pitch and sitting next to fat sweaty people all wheezing, hacking and sneezing, packed like sardines,...

Enjoy your freedom to huddle down in your paranoia:lol:

chippy - 5-8-2020 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jay-ney  
Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Not controlled:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/578-new-covid-1...

Certainly and I imagine at the airports they will be asking for a certificate before traveling.

Lots more now! Scroll down the maps and you can see state and then municipio numbers.
https://mexico.as.com/mexico/2020/05/08/tikitakas/1588940868...

gnukid - 5-8-2020 at 04:05 PM

Last Monday, May 4th 2020 more than 1000 restaurants reopened in BCS, for curbside service. Hotels and Tourism can begin reservations on May 16h, Flights are flying e very day now and will return to normal volume June 1st.

There is no evidence of anything different from a normal flu season, with mild symptoms. No evidence has been proved to support isolation as a beneficial policy to mitigate impact of infection, while, it is demonstrated to harm "shield immunity" that benefits not yet infected people through contact with those who recovered from infection.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0895-3 Modeling shield immunity to reduce COVID-19 epidemic spread

antibody.png - 265kB

gnukid - 5-8-2020 at 04:21 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-antibod... Most have been infected with no symptoms and are immune.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.30.20085613v...
"Here we show that the vast majority of confirmed COVID19 patients seroconvert, potentially providing immunity to reinfection."

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/03/coronavirus-skepticism-the... Medical experts skeptical of draconian isolation as health policy.

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/04/major-plans-to-re-open-u-s... Surgeon General Adams Rejects Dr. Fausto Apocalyptic Predictive Modeling, Prefers Actual Data to Drive Health Policy

Remarkable Dr. Faushi
https://journal-neo.org/2020/04/15/the-remarkable-doctor-a-f...

Faushi gave Wuhan Lab 3.7 million to "study" Corona Virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wkMmMlacY&

Timeline of preplanning pandemic response to reject successful medicine "suspicious"
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dr-anthony-fauci-plotted-globa...

Study: Success with Hyrdochloroquine
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/health/hydroxychloroquine...

Tyrannical Policing has sub-theme of unlawful racial discrimination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2CmJCa4qcY

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/nyregion/nypd-social-dist...

No scientific evidence for the effectiveness of face masks in healthy or asymptomatic individuals. On the contrary, experts warn that such masks interfere with normal breathing and may become “germ carriers”. Leading doctors called them a “media hype” and “ridiculous”.

https://www.aerztezeitung.de/Politik/Montgomery-haelt-Masken...

https://infekt.ch/2020/04/atemschutzmasken-fuer-alle-medienh...

https://de.sputniknews.com/interviews/20200425326953541-coro...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-tho...

https://www.vienna.at/analyse-zeigt-covid-19-opferkurve-ents...

gnukid - 5-8-2020 at 04:23 PM

Antibody study with Danish blood donors showed a very low Covid19 lethality (IFR) of 0.08% for persons under 70 years of age.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.24.20075291v...

gnukid - 5-8-2020 at 04:26 PM

Prof Michael Levitt: Isolation Is Huge Mistake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-sZdfLcEk

Italian Parliament Leader Slams Falsified COVID-19 Numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wuFazgpc4

Funeral Directors Doubt Legitimacy Of COVID19 Deaths Attributed To Virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5f_6ltv7oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQWRCECbN-Y Fake Testing, Fake Patients, Fake News

President of Tanzania highlights fraud in testing for COVID19 with randomized samples of non-human material sent to lab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYfSqMult6c

[Edited on 5-8-2020 by gnukid]

bajabuddha - 5-8-2020 at 04:31 PM

.....and the pseudo-pontiffs pontificate...... :barf:

Feathers - 5-8-2020 at 04:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Last Monday, May 4th 2020 more than 1000 restaurants reopened in BCS, for curbside service. Hotels and Tourism can begin reservations on May 16h, Flights are flying e very day now and will return to normal volume June 1st.

There is no evidence of anything different from a normal flu season, with mild symptoms. No evidence has been proved to support isolation as a beneficial policy to mitigate impact of infection, while, it is demonstrated to harm "shield immunity" that benefits not yet infected people through contact with those who recovered from infection.

Good news.

Took my dogs on their daily run today. Noticed an elderlyish man, sitting on his porch (all by himself) wearing a mask.

Sad.

Barry A. - 5-8-2020 at 04:42 PM

Aircraft air:

https://www.askthepilot.com/questionanswers/cabin-air-qualit...

JZ - 5-8-2020 at 05:06 PM

Don't play dumb. They will spread ppl out at first.

David K - 5-8-2020 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Aircraft air:

Nice link Barry... here is just one paragraph for those who don't click onto links:

Studies have shown that a crowded airplane is no more germ-laden than other enclosed spaces—and usually less. Those underfloor filters are described by manufacturers as being of hospital quality. I needn’t be reminded that hospitals are notorious viral incubators, but Boeing says that between 94 and 99.9 percent of airborne microbes are captured, and there’s a total changeover of air every two or three minutes — far more frequently than occurs in offices, movie theaters, or classrooms.

JZ - 5-8-2020 at 05:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
.....and the pseudo-pontiffs pontificate...... :barf:

Do you know how much hospitals get from the federal government for every person who gets put on a ventilator and declared a Covid patient? North of $30K.

The numbers are being so jacked up of Covid deaths it's incredible. I've read dozens of first hand stories from medical personnel saying this.

But you and Motged stay in your houses and milk off the teet of the govt.

gnukid - 5-8-2020 at 06:18 PM

Shelter in Place with Shane Smith & Edward Snowden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5OAjnveyJo

Skipjack Joe - 5-8-2020 at 06:26 PM

Aircraft air:

Regardless of the studies about the effectiveness of their filtration systems other studies have shown that if you're sitting 3 seats in front of anyone with a cold you're virtually guaranteed to get it. The odds drop for the following 3 seats but is still there. One of the positives coming from this pandemic is that the airlines are finally going to do something about it. Recent work shows that UV light applied at low levels directly in the cabin kills pathogens without affecting health. Can't remember the link. The airlines are really motivated now because their pocketbooks are at stake. Either change or go out of business. There is even a vitamin C booster called Airborne for goodness sakes. There is no place for them to hide any longer.

Skipjack Joe - 5-8-2020 at 06:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQWRCECbN-Y Fake Testing, Fake Patients, Fake News

The only thing that's fake is your ability to find truthful information.

mtgoat666 - 5-8-2020 at 06:48 PM

They cut back number of flights. They won’t add flights until the existing ones are selling out. When biz returns, sw will sell out all middle seats... Sitting shoulder to shoulder with contagious strangers, and contagious strangers just inches in front and behind you, you get their germs, even if the air is circulated and filtered....

mtgoat666 - 5-8-2020 at 06:55 PM

Aircraft air:

Regardless of the studies about the effectiveness of their filtration systems other studies have shown that if you're sitting 3 seats in front of anyone with a cold you're virtually guaranteed to get it. The odds drop for the following 3 seats but is still there. One of the positives coming from this pandemic is that the airlines are finally going to do something about it. Recent work shows that UV light applied at low levels directly in the cabin kills pathogens without affecting health. Can't remember the link. The airlines are really motivated now because their pocketbooks are at stake. Either change or go out of business. There is even a vitamin C booster called Airborne for goodness sakes. There is no place for them to hide any longer.

They will continue to decrease the seat dimensions and seat spacing, despite 90% of gringos being obese. 7 out of 10 flights i am on I am disgusted by the humans seated next to me, obesity spilling over the edges of their seats into my space.

Seriously???

Feathers - 5-8-2020 at 07:17 PM

You think this is 'Fake news', Skipjack Joe?

gnukid - 5-8-2020 at 07:23 PM

The medical staff explain in their own words that they were required to pretend to be patients seeking a test for COVID19 for TV, while they were not actually tested. They did it for TV. They were irritated, there faking being patients, faking taking tests, for far news, admitted for promotion, it it not uncommon, it is called staging, but it's not news and not real. It was faked. Why is this upsetting to you? Because you like fake patients pretending to be tested and you want to see more? Because it upsets you world view and faith in main stream news, because it triggers cognitive dissonance? You are pretending to mad at me, FAKE, because you are embarassed you were lied to?

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/los-cabos-recibira-su-primer-vuel...

Southwest begins international flights to Cabo today, Alaska begins June 1st.

[Edited on 5-9-2020 by gnukid]

Skipjack Joe - 5-8-2020 at 09:04 PM

It's questionable at best and probably doubtful.

https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/did-cbs-news-stage-a-fake-testing

So yes, this expose is probably fake. And even as a fake job it's so poorly done. I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of all these 60 minutes wannabes that are exposing information of even questionable worth. Is this even newsworthy? My take is that someone has an axe to grind with CBS. Why? I have no idea. And frankly I'm not that curious about it.

gnukid - 5-9-2020 at 01:16 AM

A few recent academic abstracts, studies, actual data, not predictive models as Faushi has relied on, real government data sources, real video capture on the ground. No claims of personal expertise, no argument for or against partisan politics, no politics of any sort, or anything other than provide sourced reliable data with references so that others may be aware of the landscape of data today and make up their own mind. Skippy's antagonistic behavior clearly belies the intention, which is to mislead.

I am in Baja in the brecha, and took just a brief moment off from enjoying the cows. goats, and doves, to quickly look around and share sources, for discussion. I trust the Nomad people here are able to make up their mind, from the largely positive new sources referenced. Back to the brecha...

References

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0895-3 Modeling shield immunity to reduce COVID-19 epidemic spread

Prof Michael Levitt: Isolation Is Huge Mistake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-sZdfLcEk

Italian Parliament Leader Slams Falsified COVID-19 Numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wuFazgpc4

Funeral Directors Doubt Legitimacy Of COVID19 Deaths Attributed To Virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5f_6ltv7oI

President of Tanzania highlights fraud in testing for COVID19 with randomized samples of non-human material sent to lab

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-antibod... Most have been infected with no symptoms and are immune.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.30.20085613v...
"Here we show that the vast majority of confirmed COVID19 patients seroconvert, potentially providing immunity to reinfection."

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/03/coronavirus-skepticism-the... Medical experts skeptical of draconian isolation as health policy.

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/04/major-plans-to-re-open-u-s... Surgeon General Adams Rejects Dr. Fausto Apocalyptic Predictive Modeling, Prefers Actual Data to Drive Health Policy

Remarkable Dr. Faushi
https://journal-neo.org/2020/04/15/the-remarkable-doctor-a-f...

Faushi gave Wuhan Lab 3.7 million to "study" Corona Virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wkMmMlacY&

Timeline of preplanning pandemic response to reject successful medicine "suspicious"
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dr-anthony-fauci-plotted-globa...

Study: Success with Hyrdochloroquine
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/health/hydroxychloroquine...

Tyrannical Policing has sub-theme of unlawful racial discrimination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2CmJCa4qcY

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/nyregion/nypd-social-dist...

No scientific evidence for the effectiveness of face masks in healthy or asymptomatic individuals. On the contrary, experts warn that such masks interfere with normal breathing and may become “germ carriers”. Leading doctors called them a “media hype” and “ridiculous”.

https://www.aerztezeitung.de/Politik/Montgomery-haelt-Masken...

https://infekt.ch/2020/04/atemschutzmasken-fuer-alle-medienh...

https://de.sputniknews.com/interviews/20200425326953541-coro...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-tho...

https://www.vienna.at/analyse-zeigt-covid-19-opferkurve-ents...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/health/cdc-coronavirus-la... Sloppy laboratory practices at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention caused contamination that rendered the nation’s first coronavirus tests ineffective, federal officials confirmed on Saturday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/…/07/us/politics/trump-cdc.ht... CDC Rejected by Whitehouse

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/08/predictive-models-rar... “The great obstacle to progress is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge.” COVID19 predictive modeling dominated our lives and caused significant harm based largely on inaccurate modeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5OAjnveyJo
Shelter in place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdIlkjA3mY Faushi Failed to Respond to FOIA Requests for Records
IMG_3939 (1).jpeg - 100kB

[Edited on 5-9-2020 by gnukid]

paranewbi - 5-9-2020 at 06:08 AM

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/tourism-council-announces-...

Tourism Council announces reopening of Cancun, Riviera Maya travel for June
By Riviera Maya News on April 30, 2020

Cancun, Riviera Maya, Q.R. — The Quintana Roo Tourism Promotion Council has announced the reopening of the state for travel as of the beginning of June.

The Consejo de Promoción Turística de Quintana Roo (CPTQ) says that airline operations also will begin then, which is why they are preparing a special campaign now to be launched in late May. The campaign will be aimed at reviving local tourism.

“Some of the airlines, through virtual meetings, that have announced they are resuming their operations at the Cancun International Airport are Air Canada, Air Transat, Delta Airlines, Copa Airlines, Air Europa, Sunwing, Southwest and Aeroméxico,” he explained noting they will begin landing in early June.

The announcement of the arrival of flights has also promoted the opening of some online reservation systems for area hotels. The Hotel Association of Cancun, Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres detailed that due to the coronavirus pandemic, more than 155 area hotels closed.

Get in line now!
The tide is changing:P

Gnudist Overload ?

MrBillM - 5-9-2020 at 03:17 PM

WOW !

What a difference being away a few days makes.

Gnu Nutty Knowledge run amok.

Can anybody summarize in a few paragraphs where we are in the COVID Gnudity Conspiracy ?

Not that it really matters in terms of reality, but it's always fun to follow the bouncing bunk.

BajaNomad - 5-9-2020 at 04:25 PM

Do you know how much hospitals get from the federal government for every person who gets put on a ventilator and declared a Covid patient? North of $30K.

"U.S. hospitals are losing millions of dollars per day in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic — and recovery may take years"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/hospitals-losing-millions-of...

What's the status for hospitals - and their resources - in Baja and Mexico in general?

pacificobob - 5-9-2020 at 06:15 PM

Clearly the poster with the most references, links,and footnotes must be correct. I mean wow...anywhere north of 5 references is real academic erotica.

Alm - 5-9-2020 at 06:26 PM

Regardless of the studies about the effectiveness of their filtration systems other studies have shown that if you're sitting 3 seats in front of anyone with a cold you're virtually guaranteed to get it. The odds drop for the following 3 seats but is still there. One of the positives coming from this pandemic is that the airlines are finally going to do something about it. Recent work shows that UV light applied at low levels directly in the cabin kills pathogens without affecting health. Can't remember the link.

3 rows is about 9ft. Makes sense, in enclosed space. What many don't realize is that when people are talking loud, they emit droplets much smaller than those from coughing, it spreads farther, usual 6ft rule doesn't apply.

I doubt about UV lights in a cabin full of people. The lower the frequency is the safer it is to humans and the longer it takes to kill the germs. They do use UV to disinfect empty cabins on trains and airplanes: Disinfecting an aircraft’s interior between flights. Adding high-frequency UVC to air filtration system would work but this end of spectrum is unsafe to humans.

Feathers - 5-9-2020 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

"U.S. hospitals are losing millions of dollars per day in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic — and recovery may take years"

What's the status for hospitals - and their resources - in Baja and Mexico in general?

Of course they'll over report. They're trying to make up the difference.

[Edited on 5-10-2020 by Feathers]

mtgoat666 - 5-9-2020 at 08:24 PM

“A major U.S. airline trade group on Saturday said it backed the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checking the temperatures of passengers and customer-facing employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
Airlines for America, which represents the largest U.S. airlines including American Airlines, United Airlines , Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines, said the checks "will add an extra layer of protection for passengers as well as airline and airport employees. Temperature checks also will provide additional public confidence that is critical to relaunching air travel and our nation’s economy."

HERE IS A GOOD IDEA TO IMPLEMENT WITH TEMP CHECKS;
MEASURE THE PAX GIRTH, AND IF PAX UNABLE TO FIT IN SEAT W/O INCONVENIENCING NON-GLUTTONS, THEN SEAT THE FAT PAX IN THE FAT SECTION OF PLANE

P.S normal temp does not mean you are not contagious. Sneezing, snuffling, coughing people should be booted from the plane

AKgringo - 5-9-2020 at 08:38 PM

And just to add to the anxiety, it is hay fever season in my part of the world right now! Just try not to sneeze!

Skipjack Joe - 5-9-2020 at 09:09 PM

Regardless of the studies about the effectiveness of their filtration systems other studies have shown that if you're sitting 3 seats in front of anyone with a cold you're virtually guaranteed to get it. The odds drop for the following 3 seats but is still there. One of the positives coming from this pandemic is that the airlines are finally going to do something about it. Recent work shows that UV light applied at low levels directly in the cabin kills pathogens without affecting health. Can't remember the link.

3 rows is about 9ft. Makes sense, in enclosed space. What many don't realize is that when people are talking loud, they emit droplets much smaller than those from coughing, it spreads farther, usual 6ft rule doesn't apply.

I doubt about UV lights in a cabin full of people. The lower the frequency is the safer it is to humans and the longer it takes to kill the germs. They do use UV to disinfect empty cabins on trains and airplanes: Disinfecting an aircraft’s interior between flights. Adding high-frequency UVC to air filtration system would work but this end of spectrum is unsafe to humans.

No, the article I read specified UV light in low doses being on all the time during flight. I can't find it any longer. And yes, there are numerous links to apparatuses available to kill germs with UVC light between flights and even bathroom during flights. Most infections occur from sick passengers being in close proximity during flight. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Meanwhile I will continue to search.

BajaNomad - 5-9-2020 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Either apologize or ban me

As you wish.

JZ - 5-9-2020 at 10:23 PM

Losing money because all their elective stuff is shut down.

And even for semi urgent stuff ppl are afraid to do it or the hospitals are asking them to put it off.

I know someone who was only able to do a hysterectomy because she was incredibly anemic.

Declaring ppl to be Covid gives them Fed dollars.

This nonsense has to end.

paranewbi - 5-10-2020 at 05:11 AM

Anyone on here have sources in hospitals south?

I thought it was interesting to see (Mexicodailynews) the similar modeling of ppe use, isolation areas, etc., as we had seen on US news as Covid progressed here. Maybe there was some benefit to having lag time for Mexico to observe (if not participate) how others handled the onset.

With much less resources (financially/structurally) I would hope the field evened out somewhat for them with that modeling available.

bajapedro - 5-10-2020 at 05:27 AM

Quote:

Losing money because all their elective stuff is shut down.

And even for semi urgent stuff ppl are afraid to do it or the hospitals are asking them to put it off.

I know someone who was only able to do a hysterectomy because she was incredibly anemic.

Declaring ppl to be Covid gives them Fed dollars.

This nonsense has to end.

We resumed elective surgery(orthopedic)last Monday. Hospitals(7)in my county have a grand total of 13 hospitalized covid patients. Wards are empty.

Skipjack Joe - 5-10-2020 at 08:53 AM

WHO launches COVID-19 Accelerator. A global effort to accelerate research on coronavirus:

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/118549/who-launches-access-to-covid-19-tools-accelerator/

The United States was among the few countries not taking part in the fund-raising effort.

JZ - 5-10-2020 at 10:29 AM

WHO launches COVID-19 Accelerator. A global effort to accelerate research on coronavirus:

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/118549/who-launches-access-to-covid-19-tools-accelerator/

The United States was among the few countries not taking part in the fund-raising effort.

The WHO is an agent for the Chinese government. They need to burn that organization down.

[Edited on 5-10-2020 by JZ]

BajaMama - 5-10-2020 at 10:30 AM

"

MEASURE THE PAX GIRTH, AND IF PAX UNABLE TO FIT IN SEAT W/O INCONVENIENCING NON-GLUTTONS, THEN SEAT THE FAT PAX IN THE FAT SECTION OF PLANE

Ha ha so true. I'm 4'11" and weigh 110#s. I am a big persons dream come true on an airplane and sometimes it is horrible. I want my personal space to stay just that: MY personal space!

Alm - 5-10-2020 at 11:22 AM

No, the article I read specified UV light in low doses being on all the time during flight. I can't find it any longer.

Please post in a separate thread if you find it. This one has become overrun by people with an IQ of a 3rd grader, posting without reading or thinking first.
I occasionally see articles on low-frequency, low-intensity UV lights in hospital wards but there is more social distancing there than in commercial airplanes, and the efficiency is inferior to that of high-frequency UV lights.

ZipLine - 5-10-2020 at 04:22 PM

Hey! Don't insult third graders!

surabi - 5-10-2020 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
"

Ha ha so true. I'm 4'11" and weigh 110#s. I am a big persons dream come true on an airplane and sometimes it is horrible. I want my personal space to stay just that: MY personal space!

I think we thin folks should start accusing airlines of discrimination as far as baggage allowances. Why should I have the same baggage allowance as the 350 pounder standing in the check-in line behind me? Airline prices are supposedly partially based on fuel costs to transport people and baggage. So the thin people are subsidizing the fat. I say have a total weight allowance- you and your luggage :)

Don Pisto - 5-10-2020 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
"

I think we thin folks should start accusing airlines of discrimination as far as baggage allowances. Why should I have the same baggage allowance as the 350 pounder standing in the check-in line behind me? Airline prices are supposedly partially based on fuel costs to transport people and baggage. So the thin people are subsidizing the fat. I say have a total weight allowance- you and your luggage :)

I like it!:)

BajaNomad - 5-10-2020 at 06:01 PM

Ummm... and perhaps this is incorrect?? Outright assertions that are perhaps somewhat (or wholly) "inaccurate" cause credibility issues regarding any other info presented. Maybe that's just me. Or, maybe it's not?? :lol:

---------
So Much For United Airlines’ Pledge To Block The Middle Seat

“This is the last time I’ll be flying for a very long time,” Dr. Ethan Weiss tweeted yesterday from a crowded United Airlines flight from Newark to San Francisco. “People on this plane are scared/shocked.”

Dr. Weiss, an associate professor at the University of California San Francisco’s Cardiovascular Research Institute, had just spent two weeks volunteering at New York-Presbyterian Hospital during the COVID-19 crisis.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2020/05/10...
https://twitter.com/ethanjweiss/status/1259165939037331456
---------

EXl0qqzX0AE5YOo.jpg - 179kB

Lee - 5-10-2020 at 08:01 PM

Ummm... and perhaps this is incorrect?? Outright assertions that are perhaps somewhat (or wholly) "inaccurate" cause credibility issues regarding any other info presented. Maybe that's just me. Or, maybe it's not?? :lol

Saw a photo of one person onboard a flight and another with a few passengers spread out. It's possible this stuff is changing by the minute. Or by the day.

On the United flight, that would be a miserable and long flight. Unless one were flying business or first class.

JZ - 5-10-2020 at 08:23 PM

Ummm... and perhaps this is incorrect?? Outright assertions that are perhaps somewhat (or wholly) "inaccurate" cause credibility issues regarding any other info presented. Maybe that's just me. Or, maybe it's not?? :lol:

---------

“This is the last time I’ll be flying for a very long time,” Dr. Ethan Weiss tweeted yesterday from a crowded United Airlines flight from Newark to San Francisco. “People on this plane are scared/shocked.”

Dr. Weiss, an associate professor at the University of California San Francisco’s Cardiovascular Research Institute, had just spent two weeks volunteering at New York-Presbyterian Hospital during the COVID-19 crisis.

---------

i'd still get on that plane.

Lets go.

BajaNomad - 5-10-2020 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Saw a photo of one person onboard a flight and another with a few passengers spread out. It's possible this stuff is changing by the minute. Or by the day.

Lee, i have no doubt that if a flight isn't "full" that passengers will spread out. No-brainer.

The point made was that airlines - including United 10 days before this in a communication to this passenger - are indicating they're providing safe spacing, when in fact if they can (in this instance) sell out the seats, they will.

I understand the treacherous business environment right now. I get it. The point here is for the buyers to beware of double-speak from companies that are perhaps in desperate situations.

BTW... sell out the seats is a misnomer. The Dr was hesitant to "complain" as his - and the other 24/25 health professionals - tix were comped by United (good on them for this piece).... but the health professionals were quite alarmed at the situation they were put into unknowingly, or under false pretenses, etc.

This is something to keep in consideration throughout the world, Mexico, Canada, USA, Europe, Asia... it won't matter much. Desperate industries are service sector, and mostly hospitality related... airlines, hotels, restaurants, bars, etc.

Best wishes to everyone.

EXl59rcXkAML16z.jpg - 290kB

mtgoat666 - 5-10-2020 at 08:34 PM

---------

---------

Lets go.

I would not get on that ual flight w/o my PAPR. Battery lasts over 4 hours.

[Edited on 5-11-2020 by BajaNomad]

AKgringo - 5-10-2020 at 08:51 PM

United entered the Anchorage market a few years back, and made a point of matching the other airlines routes and schedules.

They were notorious for suddenly discovering some issue with a flight that was only half full, and therefore they were forced to cancel it and cram everyone onto another later flight!

They are my last choice for any travel plans, with the possible exception of that C-130 cargo plane that I spent 5 1/2 hours flying from Anchorage out to the end of the Aleutian Islands!

paranewbi - 5-11-2020 at 05:11 AM

So this amazingly educated Dr. sat in his seat forward as the entire plane filled up and was so 'shocked' that he still sat there and subjected himself to the 'shocking' conditions.

Hmmm.... I looked at the photo and noticed right off that most all of the passengers had a similar physical dispensation as if they were in some way associated with each other.

Then I went to the cited threads and reviewed the total content of the associated photo and found that the smart doctor sat with 25 of his associates...who probably filled those seats together around him (whether assigned or not). I also suspect the balance of those seats are filled with similar medical personnel in similar circumstances of free transport. Yet, either way we don't really know, United hasn't responded to this accounting.

Point; I would suspect most all of these 'medical volunteers' had passed a, or several, Covid tests during their stint; I would expect that colleagues in service would sit with each other as they stood with each other for their service; I would suspect that some were colleagues who worked at their usual positions on a frequent and close proximity basis.

I would suspect, no good deed goes unpunished (especially on this forum). :(

Thank you United Airlines.

Lee - 5-11-2020 at 10:38 AM

Sums it up for me. Dr.: 'I guess everyone just wanted to get where they wanted to get.”

UA is at fault for lack of communication -- that it would be a packed flight with no seat distancing.

When the Dr. boarded the plane, he saw what was happening and could have objected to UA -- but didn't rock the boat. Because it was a free flight? Really?

Associates who saw what was happening could have also objected and gotten off the plane.

Did the Dr. compromise the health of 25 Associates -- for a free flight? Looks that way to me. And the Associates deferred to the Dr.'s decision to remain on board.

Everyone was tired and wanted to get home. Got it. And everyone decided they would rather get home than be safe. Got it.

I'm going with the Pros. Social distancing is a guideline. 6' is a suggestion. It could be 2' or 10'.

I might fly with my own oxygen and rebreather mask.

RFClark - 5-11-2020 at 10:54 AM

---------

---------

Lets go.

I would not get on that ual flight w/o my PAPR. Battery lasts over 4 hours.

[Edited on 5-11-2020 by BajaNomad]

Goat!

At last we agree on something! I have 2 powered masks similar to those with P100 Filters. I use them when I cut weeds. (Or fly these days) They are great! Don’t forget the extra battery packs.

Stay Safe!

motoged - 5-11-2020 at 11:04 AM

No worries....it's a Darwinian thing.... :rolleyes:

mtgoat666 - 5-14-2020 at 06:17 PM

Regarding the question about when will mex re-open, and when will gringos travel again,...

With real unemployment rate over 25%, I suspect you won’t see much tourism return until late 2021 (when it does return).. peeps will be staying home after depleting savings (well, at least those that experienced unemployment or reduced employment).

I foresee the USA getting a bit stricter with gringos going to Mexico and returning possibly infected,...

Trump is saying the quarantine is ending, I think his tune will change if we get another wave of deaths.... I see a lot of people here in San Diego just blindly ignoring the social distancing orders and advice, I foresee another significant wave of infection and death...
Reminds me of people that smoke despite it being bad for you, people just think it won’t happen to them,.. until it does happen to them,...

paranewbi - 5-15-2020 at 05:20 AM

Regarding the question about when will mex re-open, and when will gringos travel again,...

With real unemployment rate over 25%, I suspect you won’t see much tourism return until late 2021 (when it does return).. peeps will be staying home after depleting savings (well, at least those that experienced unemployment or reduced employment).

I foresee the USA getting a bit stricter with gringos going to Mexico and returning possibly infected,...

Trump is saying the quarantine is ending, I think his tune will change if we get another wave of deaths.... I see a lot of people here in San Diego just blindly ignoring the social distancing orders and advice, I foresee another significant wave of infection and death...
Reminds me of people that smoke despite it being bad for you, people just think it won’t happen to them,.. until it does happen to them,...

California total cases of C19 as of March 14, 2020 = 73,164 out of a population of 40 million = .18%

California total deaths from C19 as of same date = 3,032 out of 40 million = .008%

Nearly 50% of all deaths in California have been in Skilled Nursing homes!

So… rounding out… 1,500 people in California (in the general population) out of 39,998,500 people have died from Corona virus (Population minus 1,500 skilled nursing home deaths) = .0036%

Goats chance of dying from Corona Virus is .0036%

Stay inside Goat and watch Newsom tank the California economy over 36 ten thousandth of a chance of people dying from C19.

mtgoat666 - 5-15-2020 at 06:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

California total cases of C19 as of March 14, 2020 = 73,164 out of a population of 40 million = .18%

California total deaths from C19 as of same date = 3,032

Stay inside Goat and watch Newsom tank the California economy over 36 ten thousandth of a chance of people dying from C19.

So, you would agree the stay-at-home orders and social distancing worked and limited infections to 0.18%. Great news! :bounce:

Sad that fatality rate among infected is 4% (3032/73614) :o

But with such a high fatality rate, glad that public health orders limited total infections to 0.18%. :light:

Thank you for pointing out that stats show Gavin Newsom :saint: did a great job. :bounce:

Sad that the public health emergency brought out into the open all the problems in your home town, klantee :no:

[Edited on 5-15-2020 by mtgoat666]

Paco Facullo - 5-15-2020 at 12:00 PM

Senior Jed,

Yes I'm planning on traveling (driving and camping) but still practicing social distancing. It will be the same as when I'm at home, as at home I still go to the store ( once a week or two ) and go during senior hours, wearing a mask.

While camping I'm sleeping in my rig and staying away from people going to places that are NOT crowded.

I am high risk as I'm over 65 and have lung issues so I'm extra careful.

So, I ask you, how am I not being responsible ??

I'm probably giving and getting less exposure while camping and out in Nature as I'm not around people as much as when I'm in my home town.

One size doesn't fit ALL....................

motoged - 5-15-2020 at 12:23 PM

Paco,
Sounds like you and I share some health concerns. And it sounds like you are being responsible with how you are getting out. I am also planning some camping with moto and cargo trailer camper....once my gardening and landscaping projects are looking closer to completion (and such projects never are).

I have been doing a good job of keeping distancing while getting groceries and gas....and as I live alone, I can sneeze, cough, spit, scratch, burp, and fart whenever I feel like it (try coughing or sneezing into your elbow with two rotator cuffed shoulders.... if you can make it, what does one do with the phlegm plastered onto your sleeve?).

It's the folks who don't take the plague seriously and promote care-free travel that are the ones to reconsider their personal responsibilities.

Up here in the frozen wastelands we have a lot of terrain with few or no folks.....camping in parks is still closed off, but wilderness camping is okay.

Our weather forecast is for a hot and dry June-July....so fires will become a concern with more folks camping in "wilderness" settings..... so breathing in a smokey environment may be a very unpleasant summer.

Be safe, enjoy the outdoors, and care for others as much as you do for your self. :coolup:

[Edited on 5-16-2020 by motoged]

John Harper - 5-15-2020 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
fires will become a concern with more folks camping in "wilderness" settings..... so breathing in a smokey environment may be a very unpleasant summer.

I'm really concerned about all the knuckleheads camping in dispersed areas if the campgrounds are closed. It's bad enough seeing the complete incompetence about camping and fires even when they have a fire ring, restrooms, and water nearby. God help us all this summer.

John

motoged - 5-15-2020 at 10:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I'm really concerned about all the knuckleheads camping in dispersed areas if the campgrounds are closed.

John

John, I promise to keep an eye out for the knuckleheads.... I know I can't be one of them ..... cuz my dad always called me a bonehead :biggrin:

Over the years when riding "out there", I have come across abandoned campfires still going.... and have made sure they are out before I leave. Kamloops is a dry high-risk area and we have had several seriously smoked out summers in recent years.

Trash campers....

John Harper - 5-16-2020 at 05:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
cuz my dad always called me a bonehead :biggrin:

That's much milder language than what my dad called me. And mom was even worse.:lol:

John

[Edited on 5-16-2020 by John Harper]

Coronavirus: Over 100 million in China's north-east thrown back under lockdown

SFandH - 5-20-2020 at 02:42 PM

"Some 108 million people in China's north-east region are being plunged back under lockdown conditions as a new and growing cluster of infections causes a backslide in the nation's return to normal."

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/coronavirus-over...

Pacifico - 5-21-2020 at 10:15 AM

So...…….

As of now, Mexico is set to reopen on June 22???

Pages:  1    3    5