BajaNomad

BJ Baldwin Cooperating with Police in Fatal Shooting

KasloKid - 5-2-2020 at 10:06 PM

Baldwin shot, killed armed man after 'altercation,' police say.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more-racing/a32283379/trophy...

advrider - 5-3-2020 at 06:54 AM

Looks like he was lucky to have a CCW and knew how to use it. Might have been a different outcome for BJ if he hadn't had that option! Have to wonder if it was random of if he knew the attackers?

mtgoat666 - 5-3-2020 at 07:03 AM

Dinner at fast food joint at 2 AM.
Sounds like all involved were drinking (who else eats burgers at 2 AM?)
Probably an argument between drunks,...

advrider - 5-3-2020 at 07:11 AM

I've eaten at 2 AM before after landing from a late night flight and stopping for a bite before going home, done the same after a double shift at work. Seems like a big step to take, assuming everyone was drinking?
Does seem odd that it was random but also strange that one of the perps called 911?

mtgoat666 - 5-3-2020 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
I've eaten at 2 AM before after landing from a late night flight and stopping for a bite before going home, done the same after a double shift at work. Seems like a big step to take, assuming everyone was drinking?
Does seem odd that it was random but also strange that one of the perps called 911?

Ok, only 90% of 2AM fast-food patrons have been drinking....

Nothing good ever happens after midnight, so they say...

Don Pisto - 5-3-2020 at 09:49 AM

looks like an attempted carjacking....they picked the wrong hombre:o

bajatrailrider - 5-3-2020 at 12:19 PM

Since all the bad guys have guns. BJ smart to pack one less bad guy thank you BJ.

BajaTed - 5-3-2020 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Dinner at fast food joint at 2 AM.
Sounds like all involved were drinking (who else eats burgers at 2 AM?)
Probably an argument between drunks,...

In & Out Burgers @ 2:00am with your G.F. in Las Vegas, then headed to the Jacuzzi on the balcony @ the Palms.....
Both type of pistols were ready, the idea of the one pistol being interrupted made the other pistol get used too, thank god for CCW's

advrider - 5-3-2020 at 08:20 PM

One less bad guy is a good thing these days! Glad he had a CCW and was able to walk away. Twice in my life mine has helped me walk away from a bad situation still breathing and with out any extra holes!

norte - 5-4-2020 at 09:51 AM

Something ain't right.., the perps were not the perps...or they were meant to be eliminated....Walk up and start firing....but do not hit anyone...then one perp calls 911 after BJ returns fire. BS likely.

Don Pisto - 5-4-2020 at 09:59 AM

Heartfelt response by BJ on Instagram....difficult time by all involved:(

KasloKid - 5-4-2020 at 10:08 AM

Lots of recounts of to what transpired....
This link has more detail as to what transpired:

https://racer.com/2020/04/26/baldwin-cooperating-with-police...

More corroborating links:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/bj-baldwin-justified-homi...

https://www.ktnv.com/news/crime/head-of-las-vegas-motorsport...

Lots of rumors out there.

[Edited on 5-4-2020 by KasloKid]

bajatrailrider - 5-4-2020 at 11:50 AM

Baldwin hero off roader we need more . To get rid of bad guys.

advrider - 5-4-2020 at 06:55 PM

It seems odd that they walked up shooting, almost makes me think it was a set up. Really odd for one of the bad guys to call 911, but could always be that they were high or strung out?

mtgoat666 - 5-4-2020 at 11:08 PM

When 1 guy is dead, and there is no video, the surviving gun man tells the story they want,...
Nothing in the stories to date is adding up,...
If the cops bother to investigate, I suspect BJ’s story will be replaced by truth. But when white guy shoots black guy, the cops usually don’t bother investigating,... bias, ya know, eh?

Tioloco - 5-4-2020 at 11:45 PM

When 1 guy is dead, and there is no video, the surviving gun man tells the story they want,...
If the cops bother to investigate, I suspect BJ’s story will be replaced by truth. But when white guy shoots black guy, the cops usually don’t bother investigating,... bias, ya know, eh?

Goat- You should close your mouth and stop making baseless statements. Please.

del mar - 5-4-2020 at 11:51 PM

im thinking goat and joe must be the same azzhole?

Lobsterman - 5-5-2020 at 05:25 AM

JJ's hateful clone. He taught you well.

wilderone - 5-5-2020 at 07:30 AM

Who brings a gun to buy a burger with his GF? Why hang around to "dine" if he thinks it's so dangerous. Something's off. Worst date ever.

Don Pisto - 5-5-2020 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Who brings a gun to buy a burger with his GF? Why hang around to "dine" if he thinks it's so dangerous. Something's off. Worst date ever.

thankfully BJ does!

Tioloco - 5-5-2020 at 08:03 AM

Anyone that realizes you are responsible for protecting yourself would have their own weapon. Without the gun, the police would be there to document the scenario quite differently. In essence, it comes back to personal responsibility. Thankfully, in the USA you can still protect yourself from pirates like this.

advrider - 5-5-2020 at 08:16 AM

If you have a CCW or can legally carry a gun, you do it all of the time, everywhere you go! People get shot eating, walking, getting gas or playing a round of golf. So if you can carry do it all of the time, it's when you don't think you will need it that you will!
If you want to be a sheep, then keep your head down eating grass and hope someone will be around to protect you! There are plenty of people that prefer to defend them self's and eat a burger any place or parking lot you want!

Pacifico - 5-5-2020 at 09:03 AM

If you have a CCW or can legally carry a gun, you do it all of the time, everywhere you go! People get shot eating, walking, getting gas or playing a round of golf. So if you can carry do it all of the time, it's when you don't think you will need it that you will!
If you want to be a sheep, then keep your head down eating grass and hope someone will be around to protect you! There are plenty of people that prefer to defend them self's and eat a burger any place or parking lot you want!

Well said, Rider!!!

wilderone - 5-5-2020 at 09:37 AM

BS I've lived my whole life without carrying a gun anywhere. Choose to live in fear if you want. I don't expect anyone to protect me – ever. I was passing through Vegas one time returning from Hwy 93 camping trip (alone, remote camping, no weapons). Stopped at fast food place early AM heading out of LV. While eating inside my car in the parking lot, I saw a duffle bag just feet from my car. I looked inside - it was empty but for a drug user kit. Evidently, a drug deal of some kind had occurred. 2:00 am? No demands, but suspected car-jacking? 15 shots fired – assumedly half by Baldwin – the guy who trains almost every night? Assailants were just feet away? Guy can’t shoot for sh t. This is your hero? Gun obsessed? Pitiful.

Baldwin says: “This person that I got into a gunfight with, his name is Joey and he’s not a bad person,” said Baldwin. “He just got caught up doing some bad stuff and I happened to be in his line of fire.” [Really? or maybe the deal wasn't what you expected.] “Think about that, okay. Somebody comes up to my girlfriend [who's a Glock expert] and putting a gun to my face, with no demands with what appeared to be the intent to kill, murder, rob. He has my respect.” [Oh please] “Because even though he did what he did to me. Put my life in danger, put my girlfriend’s life in danger, put a gun in my face, threatening deadly force, I’ve done a little bit of research, this guy probably had to do what he had to do and I don’t hate him for that.” “I can appreciate him for that and I can respect that. I don’t think he’s a bad person for doing what he did. I don’t hate him, I don’t hold any grudges towards him, even though he tried to kill me, even though he tried to kill Tori [unfounded speculation], I don’t hold any grudges whatsoever.” [Since you killed him] “Now, let this be a lesson to you all. If I can see the good in somebody that just tried to kill me and my girlfriend a few days ago, you should be able to see the good in anyone,” he said. [OMG – now he’s painting himself as altruistic?]

Check out the photos of his weapons – an assault rifle hanging on his wall in his bedroom? CCW permit alter ego for ….?

“He enjoys spending time with his girlfriend and his two young children and riding trails in his UTV or taking his Porsche 911 on fast cruises around the mountain roads outside his hometown of Las Vegas. In his constant quest for better physical fitness, BJ has a passion for eating healthy foods [except that night when the In and Out Urge was the exception] (his favorites are sushi, sukiyaki, and Korean barbecue) and stays active with martial arts and boxing. He also trains with his cherished firearms employing a calculated discipline.” Baldwin says he is almost always armed, usually with his favored Glock nine-millimeter pistol. “With me, if you see me with my pants on, there is a 100 percent chance I have my gun on me,” he says. He does “dry-fire training” every night, he says, and has a total of around 100 firearms in a “war room” in his house. While he enjoys firing AR-15s and larger weapons, the ultimate goal is defense. “I’ve had a concealed-carry permit for 18 years,” he says. “As part of my journey through life I’ve tried to improve myself in a defensive fashion with intelligence and training to become the most dangerous person I can.”

Sounds like a real fun guy.

del mar - 5-5-2020 at 09:51 AM

fun guy or not he's still with us!

mtgoat666 - 5-5-2020 at 09:57 AM

BS I've lived my whole life without carrying a gun anywhere. Choose to live in fear if you want. I don't expect anyone to protect me – ever. I was passing through Vegas one time returning from Hwy 93 camping trip (alone, remote camping, no weapons). Stopped at fast food place early AM heading out of LV. While eating inside my car in the parking lot, I saw a duffle bag just feet from my car. I looked inside - it was empty but for a drug user kit. Evidently, a drug deal of some kind had occurred. 2:00 am? No demands, but suspected car-jacking? 15 shots fired – assumedly half by Baldwin – the guy who trains almost every night? Assailants were just feet away? Guy can’t shoot for sh t. This is your hero? Gun obsessed? Pitiful.

Baldwin says: “This person that I got into a gunfight with, his name is Joey and he’s not a bad person,” said Baldwin. “He just got caught up doing some bad stuff and I happened to be in his line of fire.” [Really? or maybe the deal wasn't what you expected.] “Think about that, okay. Somebody comes up to my girlfriend [who's a Glock expert] and putting a gun to my face, with no demands with what appeared to be the intent to kill, murder, rob. He has my respect.” [Oh please] “Because even though he did what he did to me. Put my life in danger, put my girlfriend’s life in danger, put a gun in my face, threatening deadly force, I’ve done a little bit of research, this guy probably had to do what he had to do and I don’t hate him for that.” “I can appreciate him for that and I can respect that. I don’t think he’s a bad person for doing what he did. I don’t hate him, I don’t hold any grudges towards him, even though he tried to kill me, even though he tried to kill Tori [unfounded speculation], I don’t hold any grudges whatsoever.” [Since you killed him] “Now, let this be a lesson to you all. If I can see the good in somebody that just tried to kill me and my girlfriend a few days ago, you should be able to see the good in anyone,” he said. [OMG – now he’s painting himself as altruistic?]

Check out the photos of his weapons – an assault rifle hanging on his wall in his bedroom? CCW permit alter ego for ….?

“He enjoys spending time with his girlfriend and his two young children and riding trails in his UTV or taking his Porsche 911 on fast cruises around the mountain roads outside his hometown of Las Vegas. In his constant quest for better physical fitness, BJ has a passion for eating healthy foods [except that night when the In and Out Urge was the exception] (his favorites are sushi, sukiyaki, and Korean barbecue) and stays active with martial arts and boxing. He also trains with his cherished firearms employing a calculated discipline.” Baldwin says he is almost always armed, usually with his favored Glock nine-millimeter pistol. “With me, if you see me with my pants on, there is a 100 percent chance I have my gun on me,” he says. He does “dry-fire training” every night, he says, and has a total of around 100 firearms in a “war room” in his house. While he enjoys firing AR-15s and larger weapons, the ultimate goal is defense. “I’ve had a concealed-carry permit for 18 years,” he says. “As part of my journey through life I’ve tried to improve myself in a defensive fashion with intelligence and training to become the most dangerous person I can.”

Sounds like a real fun guy.

BJ Baldwin is a nut job! He may have over-reacted upon seeing a stranger innocently walking across a parking lot. Perhaps the dead guy was shooting in self-defense due to BJ Baldwin or his trigger-happy GF shooting first?
Need some video to reveal the truthiness!

Typical stuff from the Keyboard Cowboy

thebajarunner - 5-5-2020 at 03:09 PM

Goat quote...

BJ Baldwin is a nut job! He may have over-reacted upon seeing a stranger innocently walking across a parking lot. Perhaps the dead guy was shooting in self-defense due to BJ Baldwin or his trigger-happy GF shooting first?
Need some video to reveal the truthiness![/rquote]

For a guy that eschews off road racing,
never heard of Curt Leduc
and now you are intimately immersed in the psyche of BJ Baldwin

You are a sad case....
Go back to your keyboard and snipe elsewhere

advrider - 5-5-2020 at 05:58 PM

Lucky for all of us that we live in a country where we can still choose to carry a gun or not, It's a huge personal choice and responsibility whatever your decision is, you might have to live with the outcome however you decide.

Sorry that I let myself get pulled into this conversation, I would rather talk about Baja and the fun stuff!

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by advrider]

motoged - 5-5-2020 at 08:24 PM

Who is Curt Leduc?

You just NEVER know ................

MrBillM - 5-5-2020 at 09:49 PM

Better armed than sorry.

I've been carrying various handguns (in CA sans CCW) more often than not since I was a teen and in those six decades on a few occasions I've had reason to be glad and none to be sad.

mtgoat666 - 5-5-2020 at 09:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Who is Curt Leduc?

The Duke!

LancairDriver - 5-5-2020 at 11:01 PM

I’m pro second amendment and have more guns than time to fire them all. I have known a few people over the years who fit the same profile Baldwin seems to project from this post if it’s accurate. One was an ex Marine sniper who ran a martial arts gym and threatened quite a few people with guns over altercations usually road rage stuff. He wound up shooting and killing a man he could have easily physically overcome sans gun during one of those and is now doing a long stretch in an Oregon State prison. This entire incident with Baldwin is very strange and doesn’t add up. If there is a competent investigation the story may change.

motoged - 5-6-2020 at 09:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Who is Curt Leduc?

The Duke!

Never heard of him ....:?:
Who did he shoot?

David K - 5-6-2020 at 09:19 AM

Google provides several links, here is one:
https://ormhof.org/curt-leduc/

If you read my May 2019 trip report, or see the YouTube episodes, you will know he was one of Cameron's guests and my driver during the Trail of Mission Recon filming. His favorite saying is that off road racing is like "turning money into dust"!

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2020 at 09:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Google provides several links, here is one:
https://ormhof.org/curt-leduc/

If you read my May 2019 trip report, or see the YouTube episodes, you will know he was one of Cameron's guests and my driver during the Trail of Mission Recon filming. His favorite saying is that off road racing is like "turning money into dust"!

That does not answer ged’s question, who did the duke shoot?

David K - 5-6-2020 at 09:32 AM

Only you said such a thing, so you answer Ged. It is not true so I provided what is true. You know, like always.

motoged - 5-6-2020 at 10:22 AM

I looked up "The Duke" on the intertube and it came up with John Wayne....wrong royal family. He shot up a lot of guys....but only in pretend time.

i don't think the Goat said the off-road guy ever shot anyone....just offered Leduc's nickname....

So much for DK telling the truth :rolleyes:

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by motoged]

bajabuddha - 5-6-2020 at 10:24 AM

Ain't he the hombre that shot Liberty Valance? :biggrin:

motoged - 5-6-2020 at 10:28 AM

John Wayne.....an interesting perspective:

John Wayne's righteous machismo, devotion to a cowboy/warrior code and advocacy of the United States' divine right to unfettered expansionism shaped the patriotism and masculinity of countless American males. Theater critic Eric Bentley even believed the psychological effect of Wayne's silver-screen sagas helped launch our involvement in the Vietnam War and that he was "thus the most important man in America."

So writes Garry Wills in "John Wayne's America," his often brilliant analytical study of the pop icon's influence on American cultural history.

Wayne's unwaning true grit and moral view based on political power's growing out of the barrel of a gun won him the admiration of such disparate fans as Emperor Hirohito, Gen. Douglas MacArthur and Newt Gingrich.

Gingrich, commander-in-chief of the GOP's Contract with America, once declared that "Sands of Iwo Jima," with Wayne in his mythic Sergeant Stryker role, "was the formative movie of my life." (Yet, when it came time for young Gingrich to "Saddle up!" and "Lock and Load!" -- Stryker's famous rallying cries -- this "Wayne-idolator" dodged serving in Vietnam, a war Wayne loved and glorified in "The Green Berets.")

Ironically, the supreme silver-screen warrior, who won the West, whipped the Japanese and fought the Viet Cong, himself evaded military service during World War II. Wayne embraced his rising career rather than his beloved nation's colors. This future symbol of right-wing patriotism did all his fighting with blanks on movie sets, worlds removed from shots fired in anger.... :

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-1997-03-30-9703250092-story.html

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by motoged]

Pacifico - 5-6-2020 at 10:46 AM

BS I've lived my whole life without carrying a gun anywhere.

Therefore, you will never need to defend yourself in the future by your logic. :?:

David K - 5-6-2020 at 11:29 AM

Ged, you asked "who is Curt LeDuc" and goat answered "The Duke".

You then said you never heard of him and asked who did he shoot?

So, I then answered you with the facts on who Curt is.

Goat then claimed I didn't answer your question, who did he shoot!

It borders on insanity the way you guys spin things. I did not lie and it is very rude for you to say so. Curt LeDuc is a fine guy and most enjoyable to meet.

TMW - 5-6-2020 at 01:15 PM

Curt LeDuc is a Off-Road legend winning many SCORE races. His name has come up on this board many times over the years. If you don't know who he is then look him up. Try Google.

He is probably most famous for some of his quotes.

As far as I know Curt LeDuc has never shot anyone.

del mar - 5-6-2020 at 01:35 PM

Joey was a 'effed up cat!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/da-fatal-shoot...

ehall - 5-6-2020 at 04:11 PM

Wow, that's a crazy story. His own brother knew he was going to do something stupid.

advrider - 5-6-2020 at 06:35 PM

Good to know the rest of the story, I'm sure there was still no need for BJ to have a gun or to kill someone! He should have talked to the perp between shot's and reasoned with him, maybe offered dinner in exchange for not being killed!
BJ never should have stopped for dinner at such a late hour because he should have known nothing good would come from eating in a parking lot that late at night! He would have been just fine if he didn't have a gun, he could have ran and maybe got away or at least lived as a vegetable in a hospital bed!
I'm just guessing this will be the reply from all of the sheep! Good on him, just like he practiced his driving/racing he trained to be proficient with his gun and it sounds like he had a plan if it every happened.
Dry firing every night , he was training to be a killer! No he was training to survive and protect his girlfriend. Sorry got to go, I have some dry firing to do!

AKgringo - 5-6-2020 at 06:41 PM

I did not feel like providing my e-mail and billing info for that news outlet, can someone paraphrase the story?

advrider - 5-6-2020 at 06:50 PM

I didn't have to on my end? The brother, other perp said he knew is brother was going to do something dumb because he was refused the purchase of a gun earlier in the day at the same complex.
He said his brother pulled and fired his gun first and that BJ drew and shot him while never firing at the unarmed brother. The brother was later arrested for warrants! O' the dead guys girlfriend showed up before the cops and took the gun but later gave it to police! LOL, good people for sure.

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by advrider]

advrider - 5-6-2020 at 06:54 PM

Word for word.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said Monday that the fatal shooting of a man last month by the head of a Las Vegas motorsports company was “a clear case of self-defense.”
BJ Baldwin, president of Baldwin Motorsports in Las Vegas and the son of a gaming executive, was having a fast-food dinner with a woman in a shopping complex parking lot at 9640 W. Tropicana Ave., near Fort Apache Road, early on April 22 when two men approached. An altercation broke out “and gunfire was exchanged,” Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Ray Spencer said previously.
Baldwin shot Joseph Smith, 43, during the exchange.

LOCAL NEWS YOUR WAY

By signing up you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Unsubscribe at any time.

A Las Vegas police report indicates Smith was accompanied by his brother, Kevin Smith, 40. Kevin Smith told police his brother was upset that morning because of a failed attempt to buy firearms from a gun store in the complex.
Prior to the shooting, Kevin Smith said, his brother threw rocks at the gun store’s front window. The siblings left the shopping complex on Tropicana, then later returned on foot, police wrote in the report.
“Kevin had a feeling Joseph was going to do something stupid, but denied knowing what,” the report said.
Kevin Smith said the siblings saw Baldwin and his acquaintance in the parking lot upon their return.

“(Kevin) Smith said Joseph walked up to them, pulled his gun out, pointed it at the female and smiled as he began shooting at the male,” the report said. “Kevin stated Joseph was the first to fire his weapon.”
Kevin Smith told police they did not know the couple.
“Kevin told detectives the white male shot in self-defense and should not be charged,” police said.

Baldwin told police he feared for his life as Joseph Smith approached.
“As Joseph Smith got closer, he turned his firearm toward Baldwin,” the report said. “When Joseph Smith turned his pistol toward Baldwin, Baldwin drew his 9 mm semiautomatic pistol from a holster on his waist and stepped north, taking cover behind a trash can.”
Police said Joseph Smith fired seven times at Baldwin, and Baldwin fired 11 times at Smith. Baldwin said he didn’t know who shot first. Baldwin also said he did not shoot at Kevin Smith, who was unharmed.
Baldwin, who has a concealed weapon permit, then took off with the woman. The woman, while crying, attempted to call 911 and said “we were just in a” and hung up, police said. The pair then drove to the house of Baldwin’s father, Bobby Baldwin, chairman and CEO of Drew Las Vegas, a Strip resort set to open in 2022.
There they contacted an attorney, who called 911.
Police said Joseph Smith’s girlfriend showed up at the scene and found her boyfriend dead. The woman reportedly placed his firearm in her vehicle but later pointed police to it. There was no indication in the police report that she was arrested or charged.
Kevin Smith was eventually arrested on a warrant. Las Vegas Justice Court records show he is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.

AKgringo - 5-6-2020 at 07:26 PM

Thanks for the transcript! I could not get past a "subscribe now" to continue reading notice.

del mar - 5-6-2020 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Dry firing every night , he was training to be a killer! No he was training to survive and protect his girlfriend.

Which it took him 11 shots to do?

Yeah, I understand it's hard in the heat of a situation but...

but what? you been shot at?

advrider - 5-6-2020 at 08:22 PM

Go out and try shooting on the move or after running a 100 yard sprint. Let alone when someone is shooting back at you. Most shootings happen at 3-7 yards, last 3-5 seconds and will have 3-5 rounds fired, will be instinctive because you wont have time to use the sights, then when the target is moving adds that much more.
It's a lot to take in, in a very short time. I've taken part in force on force training, even when you know the gun is firing paint rounds it scares the chit out of you and effects your fine motor skills.

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2020 at 08:33 PM

Dry firing every night , he was training to be a killer! No he was training to survive and protect his girlfriend.

How many shots hit the deceased?
Did bj change clips during the shootout?
How many shots did bj fire after the deceased fell?

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2020 at 08:35 PM

That video confession by bj was creepy. Wtf did he post that nonsense?

del mar - 5-6-2020 at 08:40 PM

That video confession by bj was creepy. Wtf did he post that nonsense?

WTF do you?

paranewbi - 5-7-2020 at 05:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

but what? you been shot at?

Pistols are not accurate...the shooter is. Add to that, accuracy falls off rapidly every incremental additional foot of distance.

I've watched an incredible competitive shooter and the tension of her efforts causes her to almost collapse with the concentration level it takes to hit a target at distant range. She often disengaged her target after holding her aim for 20 seconds and shook herself out of the state she was in.

The only thing that saved this BJ person was the time he spent with his firearm...I'm sure he was also thinking of the time he wanted to have with his girl; a lifetime.

advrider - 5-7-2020 at 06:37 AM

How many shots hit the deceased?
Did bj change clips during the shootout?

How many shots did bj fire after the deceased fell?

Clips are something girls use in their hair, gun's use magazines.

Enough shots hit him to stop the threat, often a person will fire until the gun goes click from the adrenalin dump. Do you think you fire one round and wait to see the results as someone is shooting at you?

With his training I would be surprised if he didn't make a tactical reload or speed reload regardless if his magazine was empty or not, you never know if the fight is over or if the other guy is coming back with a gun! Often times handgun rounds do not kill, rifles rounds are another story!

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by advrider]

Ammunition CLIPS ................

MrBillM - 5-7-2020 at 07:38 AM

I've never met one, but some girls may use them to curl their hair. They are generally designed tp store and (strip) load rounds into the weapon's fixed internal or detachable external magazine.

John Harper - 5-7-2020 at 07:56 AM

There are "stripper clips", as used to load Mausers, SKS, etc. Many military rifles with internal magazines load that way.

John

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by John Harper]

advrider - 5-7-2020 at 08:18 AM

I agree with both of you if we are talking rifles but I think BJ was using a hand gun. Sorry I was being a little technical smartass.

John Harper - 5-7-2020 at 08:58 AM

I agree with both of you if we are talking rifles but I think BJ was using a hand gun. Sorry I was being a little technical smartass.

I had a Broomhandle Mauser pistol that loaded with stripper clips.

John

mtgoat666 - 5-7-2020 at 09:55 AM

Language is ever evolving,... semantic change,... "clip" is now commonly used word for "magazine." You nerds might like to be pedantic about terminology, but the language has evolved while you were stuck in nerd-dom.
Be as pedantic as you like, but the language has evolved, and your time would be better off accepting the change :light:

chuckie - 5-7-2020 at 09:56 AM

didn't happen in Baja, happens almost daily in non Baja....so who cares

mtgoat666 - 5-21-2020 at 05:06 AM

He’s a true Wild West gun slinger!

“Baldwin said he likely ranks among the nation's fastest shooters. He estimated that it took him 1.3 seconds to draw his gun and land the first shot.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gun-owner-recalls-deadl...

Who had the fastest draw: John Wesley Hardin, Wild Bill Hickok, Doc Holliday or BJ Baldwin?

bajatrailrider - 5-21-2020 at 08:15 AM

Baldwin is a true hero more like him less bad guy's.

Memo to Mr. SickSickSIck

thebajarunner - 5-21-2020 at 10:13 AM

He’s a true Wild West gun slinger!

“Baldwin said he likely ranks among the nation's fastest shooters. He estimated that it took him 1.3 seconds to draw his gun and land the first shot.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gun-owner-recalls-deadl...

Who had the fastest draw: John Wesley Hardin, Wild Bill Hickok, Doc Holliday or BJ Baldwin?

If this ever happens to you....
when the bad guy points his gun at you, real quick whip out your wallet and offer to buy him a Double Double.
Works every time.
"Nothng like a burger to soothe the savage beast" I always say

BajaRun - 5-21-2020 at 11:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVWo9n5eKU

motoged - 5-21-2020 at 12:24 PM

" And that, Your Honour, is my defense...."

motoged - 5-21-2020 at 04:17 PM

Here is some more shootin' porn for all you wanna-be Rambos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkpOwsu33E

David K - 5-21-2020 at 04:21 PM

LOL

I'll go off topic for a moment

Howard - 5-21-2020 at 05:08 PM

Tom Hatten was the fastest draw I've ever seen. :biggrin:

Unless you are of a certain age you won't know who he was. If you grew up in the 1950s, you knew who Popeye's buddy was.

We all grew up with him.

He starts drawing at 3:23 of the video.

Thanks for letting me go down memory lane.

https://coreyblake.com/2011/07/19/popeye-host-tom-hatten-tau...

Don Pisto - 5-21-2020 at 06:28 PM

I was a squiggle winner back in the late 50's, quite a thrill for the family to load up the car and make the journey from san fernando to hollywood! I give a ratz azz about guns and 2A but sure glad this remarkable athlete survived this assault! now get back to offroad racing BJ:P

advrider - 5-21-2020 at 06:45 PM

All that matters is the fact that BJ was faster and was armed!

mtgoat666 - 5-22-2020 at 06:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
...but sure glad this remarkable athlete survived this...

He is not an “athlete.”
He is a car driver.

Driving, poker, chess,... not athletic activities.

bajatrailrider - 5-22-2020 at 06:53 AM

Baldwin is more then you ever will be. Your just a useless blow hard arm chair talker. Get a life get out of your rocking chair . There is more to life then being a drunk and making useless posts.:bounce:

says the Keyboard Cowboy

thebajarunner - 5-22-2020 at 07:54 AM

He is not an “athlete.”
He is a car driver.

Stay in the basement with old Sleepy Joe
You make good room mates

WHAT BJ IS ........................

MrBillM - 5-22-2020 at 09:03 AM

............... IS ALIVE.

Period.

Having been equipped and prepared to deal with a deadly situation, he was fortunate that his quick decision and action brought about a successful result.

All of this otra B.S. about "who" he is and "what" he does is just B.S.

Everyday, average [prepared] citizens across the age, race and fitness spectrum employ firearms in self-defense situations. For those with the "rudimental" or better proficiency and (most importantly) the proper mental attitude, a firearm is the great equalizer whatever your age, race, gender or physical condition.

Paco Facullo - 5-22-2020 at 09:35 AM

God created men. Colonel Colt made them equal.

[Edited on 5-26-2020 by Paco Facullo]

wilderone - 5-26-2020 at 08:55 AM

He is so full of s h t
Getting home to his kids. Kids live with mommy. And BJ is the only one who didn't call the police afterward. He ran straight to daddy. And the admission made by second perp sounds like what I would say if I were paid off. His tats, guns, X-rated photos of his wife that HE posts online, bulldogs, big loud trucks - all scream INADEQUACY.

"As a criminal pointed a gun directly at him & his girlfriend, father, champion racer, & NRA member BJ Baldwin had to make a split-second decision. His objective: Getting home to his kids. That's when his firearms training kicked in. He fired 10 shots. All 10 shots hit the target."
Dramatizing and glorifying yourself for killing someone. Who does that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVWo9n5eKU

bajatrailrider - 5-26-2020 at 01:44 PM

Wild one are you a cooco bird 😂 ahh yes. Bladwin did right end of story.

TMW - 5-26-2020 at 04:48 PM

He is not an “athlete.”
He is a car driver.

You are certainly entitled to your definition of what an athlete is. But I submit that someone that can drive a race car off road at race speed for 500 miles or more and win or come close to winning is as much an athlete as many players we normally consider athletes. Ivan Stewart didn't just drive 10 miles to the office and drink beer all day then drive home. He was called the iron man for a reason, look it up.