BajaNomad

Ley seca ??

del mar - 5-7-2020 at 11:21 AM

plenty of craft beer in tijuana,rosarito,ensenada but convenience stores and markets are empty. weed is cheap and readily available, plenty of wine and liquor so we'll all get by until they restock the shelves;)

SFandH - 5-7-2020 at 11:33 AM

They just lifted prohibition in Mulege. Beer is hard to find.

Bajazly - 5-7-2020 at 11:40 AM

Beer is gone in SF but plenty of wine and spirits, never did ban sales here.

elfbrewery - 5-7-2020 at 12:45 PM

Mexican fishermen barter yellowtail for beer!

ncampion - 5-7-2020 at 12:57 PM

No alcohol sales of any kind in Loreto, really stupid. Can buy a sixpack of beer on the black market for $800 pesos. Government here is totally out of touch, their killing a great town.

chippy - 5-7-2020 at 01:14 PM

My brother in the south campos said no beer from Gonzaga to the border. Friend in Ensenada said still some beer around but when there out there out. Still plenty of everything here on the coast of Jalisco. Costco PV was well supplied with everyting (even TP!)on tues 5th. Where I live south of PV theres still sitting on stockpiles of beer and booze for the semana santa hordes that never arrived.

shari - 5-7-2020 at 01:15 PM

Ley seca lifted here in Asuncion but most stores are out of beer and no new delivery has come in yet. Our usual beer store was selling what they have and limiting it to 2 beers per person. Word on the street is the beer bodega is saving some for Mother's Day!

del mar - 5-7-2020 at 01:28 PM

Constellation Brands the folks that brew Corona and Modelo didn't shut down.....they continued brewing beer for export to the U.S.! so much for "non essential" closures huh!:?:

bajabuddha - 5-7-2020 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Constellation Brands the folks that brew Corona and Modelo didn't shut down.....they continued brewing beer for export to the U.S.! so much for "non essential" closures huh!:?:

Nah, if that is true I would say cutting down on staff (social distancing) and still trying to make a buck to defer costs was a good move. Some still have their job, and the fat cats still eat.

However, I bet very FEW of the fat cats got laid off, just laid. ;)