BajaNomad

Punta Chivato Camping

Pacifico - 5-9-2020 at 08:33 AM

Does anyone know if there is still camping allowed at Punta Chivato? Are there still palapas and the old shower at the back of the beach? I used to camp there many years ago before there were a bunch of houses there and would like to revisit.

Thanks in advance!

Russ - 5-9-2020 at 11:16 AM

Ah the old days Pacifico... toilets and showers are long gone. The new landlord there has no interest in providing any services. Also the sand dunes you may remember got washed away. The beaches are still closed and enforced by the local law and military. Bahia Conception also closed. Not a good time to travel here as many shops in Mulege are shut down. Markets and the bank allow only very few people in at a time.

Pacifico - 5-10-2020 at 05:37 PM

Thanks Russ!

Bummer about the toilets and shower! That was such a great outdoor shower....

Russ - 5-12-2020 at 09:48 AM

The camping beach is still a wonderful place for dry camping. The road in is much, much better than the old days and Palo Verde markets have most of the basic needs. ATVs have opened what were once just trails so exploring the areas around here is easier but less rustic. I miss being young and camping out but now having a casita is very good. Once you have a decent solar system the propane truck comes by often and we have water so life is good.

Meany - 5-12-2020 at 12:50 PM

If only the Fishing would get better a little??:bounce:

Meany - 5-12-2020 at 12:54 PM

Have all the right papers. All the right answers. And Bring Masks. Roll the dice and be nice. As I know you are.