BajaNomad

Baja Nomad T Shirt - Peace,Love & Fish Tacos

awfulart - 5-31-2020 at 12:06 PM

A long time ago I purchased the Baja Nomad T shirt. I assume they are no longer available AND are Mulege brimmed hats available anywhere.?? Just wondering!:?:

[Edited on 5-31-2020 by awfulart]

motoged - 5-31-2020 at 12:10 PM

Nope, don't have any.

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days....:saint:

BornFisher - 5-31-2020 at 12:18 PM

Speaking of shirts, just got this one-----

shirt.JPG - 98kB

awfulart - 5-31-2020 at 12:19 PM

:bounce:

David K - 5-31-2020 at 12:24 PM

Hi Art! Still have your got baja? hat?

thebajarunner - 5-31-2020 at 12:41 PM

I see where Graham's books are fetching around $300 since they are outta print
I have a great shape outta print (so to speak) Nomad t shirt
Actually cost a bit more than the original Graham book
but I might let it go for about $300 mas o menos
:D:D:D

oh, and I also have a fine collection of Graham's books,
let's make a deal.....

BajaBlanca - 5-31-2020 at 06:43 PM

Great t-shirt!

BajaNomad t's would be so fun!

BajaNomad - 5-31-2020 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Great t-shirt!

Only had one run. Not for sale, but still have two size small shirts in the ziploc freezer bags I packaged them in way back then (out of curiosity I just went and looked).

There have been multiple inquiries on this somewhat recently. Haven't inquired with a print shop owner I now meet with regularly (online recently) to see if he's got something that would make this easy (and use a third-party for fulfillment... as I've learned I have challenges with this). Worthy of at least an inquiry it seems.

BajaParrothead - 5-31-2020 at 07:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Great t-shirt!

Only had one run. Not for sale, but still have two size small shirts in the ziploc freezer bags I packaged them in way back then (out of curiosity I just went and looked).

There have been multiple inquiries on this somewhat recently. Haven't inquired with a print shop owner I now meet with regularly (online recently) to see if he's got something that would make this easy (and use a third-party for fulfillment... as I've learned I have challenges with this). Worthy of at least an inquiry it seems.

Doug, I'd take a large and a lady's small if you make it happen :bounce:

AKgringo - 5-31-2020 at 07:06 PM

It would be neat to have one, especially if it had a pocket for my cell phone to fall out of!

BajaNomad - 5-31-2020 at 07:28 PM

The original run were unisex Gildan pocket t-shirts in heather gray.

David K - 5-31-2020 at 09:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
The original run were unisex Gildan pocket t-shirts in heather gray.

At the 2006 Off Road Expo, we sported them.. and 'got baja?' hats!

Nomad shirt 002r.JPG - 45kB

Nomad shirt 001r.JPG - 43kB

awfulart - 6-1-2020 at 04:12 AM

As an 89 year old I stick close to home in Rio Rico Az. Would love to go down to Bahia Asuncion again but probably not in the cards. We have many great memories of Mulege, Bahia A. and other places. We also from time to time visited Alamos on the mainland and juatobambito. We do go to California to visit our 35 plus Grandchildren and sons and daughters

Very tough times these days for some with the virus and now the riots and vandalism. We hope and pray for solutions

Paco Facullo - 6-1-2020 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Speaking of shirts, just got this one-----

Great shirt !

Way back when, I had a "Taco surf" K-38 ,,,T-shirt depicting a Taco on a wave ....

Wore that sucker out.... Wish I still had it

advrider - 6-1-2020 at 09:06 AM

Would be in for a few shirts and or hats if we could put something together? I would think someone on here would have a contact with a vender or maker? wouldn't be bad to work it in as a fundraiser for the Desert falcons ambulance service in El Rosario at the same time? I'm in!!!

David K - 6-1-2020 at 09:45 AM

Desert Hawks.... YES!

Found a photo of awfulart (wearing a 'got baja?' hat), sitting across from my future publishing partner, Max Kurillo, at our Viva Baja Cactus dinner in 2006:

See all of my Viva Baja Cactus event photos: http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabajacactus/

[Edited on 6-1-2020 by David K]

BajaNomad - 6-1-2020 at 12:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
wouldn't be bad to work it in as a fundraiser for the Desert falcons ambulance service in El Rosario at the same time? I'm in!!!

Agreed.

ranpar01 - 6-10-2020 at 10:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Would be in for a few shirts and or hats if we could put something together? I would think someone on here would have a contact with a vender or maker? wouldn't be bad to work it in as a fundraiser for the Desert falcons ambulance service in El Rosario at the same time? I'm in!!!

I know CustomInk.com can put together an order if BajaNomad has the logo save as a file. A friend of mine did a bunch of shirts for a family reunion. You just upload the logo, create a group, then send the link for that group out to everyone and post on here - once the order hits the minimum required number of shirts they ship out to each individual who ordered. If it was a fundraiser they could be marked up a bit and the proceeds given to the charity.