BajaNomad

Beer distribution returns to La Paz...

BajaNomad - 6-6-2020 at 05:39 PM

...to establishments with permission to offer it for sale:

https://www.elsudcaliforniano.com.mx/local/ya-se-distribuye-...

English translation by Google:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u...

BajaNomad - 6-7-2020 at 12:51 AM

EWuEJolXQAUh2KI.jpeg - 183kB

Thar she blows!

AKgringo - 6-7-2020 at 06:26 AM

The whales are back!

TMW - 6-7-2020 at 01:09 PM

What was the purpose of stopping all alcohol sales.

Mexico stops brewing Corona beer, deemed non-essential in epidemic

BajaNomad - 6-7-2020 at 07:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

'Grupo Modelo said on Thursday it will temporarily stop brewing Corona beer and other brands exported to 180 countries after its business activities were declared non-essential under a government order aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus. The Mexican government this week declared a health emergency and ordered the suspension of non-essential activities after the number of coronavirus cases in the country surpassed 1,000.'

Reported April 2nd:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-mexico...

Are they confused?

AKgringo - 6-7-2020 at 08:39 PM

This is the date line from the article; "Business News April 2, 2020 / 9:26 PM / 2 months ago"

Two month old current news?

[Edited on 6-8-2020 by AKgringo]

mtgoat666 - 6-7-2020 at 09:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

Alcohol production/consumption was deemed non-essential.
All non-essential was halted...

In usa, alcohol and pot sales continued on thru pandemic...

TMW - 6-8-2020 at 09:38 AM

Too bad for the alcohol companies, I think in the USA alcohol sales went thru the roof. I use to keep a bottle of vodka until it was near empty then I'd buy another. But seeing how the toilet paper went out I stocked up on the booze. Considering they think a second round of the virus this fall is coming I've started buying TP at almost every trip to the market. So far I've got about 100 rolls on hand. If anyone needs some I'll sell it at $5 per roll plus shipping. This fall it might go to $10 per roll.

shari - 6-8-2020 at 11:45 AM

Beer sales resumed here in Bahia Asuncion and this part of Baja Sur which has resulted in lots of accidents, some deaths, fights, domestic abuse and parties. Lots of cars confiscated last night...geeze.

a 6 pack of TEcate reds was 100 pesos. Stores selling beer were super busy!

BajaBlanca - 6-8-2020 at 03:52 PM

There was a run for beer here as well! I have not heard of any accidents, and locals never stopped partying.

Feathers called up to let us know the beer was here! Now that is what I call a good friend.

gnukid - 6-9-2020 at 05:17 AM

It was an amazing time during the cut off of beer, alcoholics who had been drunk for years sobered up. Suddenly drunks had hobbies, projects, people lined up to help out, early til late in the day. you could find volunteers to move something heavy in the evening, and early morning. It was an extremely productive time, now, sadly most are back to drinking the day away. Some learned a lesson, beer is a waste of time and Money, but it sure is enjoyable to have a cold one on a hot dusty day in Baja wahooooo.