BajaNomad

When are you planning your next trip to Baja?

JZ - 6-19-2020 at 06:14 PM

We just booked stuff for Thanksgiving week.

Pretty hopeful we can get there in late August before the kids go off to college.

When are you thinking to go?

mtgoat666 - 6-19-2020 at 08:48 PM

Guad valley for wine and food this summer, if things open up.

Sept or Oct SPM trip in planning

honda tom - 6-19-2020 at 08:54 PM

late july Loreto.... when its super hot and the dorado are there. my mexican capitan has called me twice this month asking when im coming.

billklaser - 6-19-2020 at 10:05 PM

I am going down to Loreto next week, been away from our house too long. Time to check everything out. The information regarding fishing though: Only Mexican pangas with a Mexican captain & with only 2 fisherman are allowed. Any Foreign nationals or people towing their boat down cannot use it. Anyone over 65 is not allowed at all, even on a panga.

Restaurants are opening at 30 % occupancy. ( that's OK, they are rarely more than that anyway ). Alcohol is available at restaurants with food,
& stores can start selling booze.

Not sure how long any of these restrictions will be for? So we get to check out our boat, run the motor but cannot use it? Sounds like fun though. Maybe.

Ateo - 6-19-2020 at 10:47 PM

Was headed to San Juanico next month......but decided not to.

brucedog - 6-20-2020 at 07:56 AM

Hoping that we will be allowed to go to our home in La Ventana by November

bajatrailrider - 6-20-2020 at 09:22 AM

If you carry proof you own a house. You can cross anytime

Next Week

fixtrauma - 6-20-2020 at 09:32 AM

Flying to La Paz next week for two weeks. Will stay at our house in Centenario.

Terry28 - 6-20-2020 at 09:34 AM

Leaving tomorrow for a 5 day stay.....we hold PR cards....

AKgringo - 6-20-2020 at 09:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fixtrauma  

What is your connecting MX airport, or did La Paz resume international flights again?

AKgringo - 6-20-2020 at 10:03 AM

Too many "unknowns" for me to set a date right now. I don't need a perfect scenario before I head to La Paz, and I can leave on short notice once my dentist resumes non-emergency operations again.

There are other factors that will affect my timing (like a covid spike, or closed accommodations) but being able to complete the dental work I started in January is priority one!

Alm - 6-20-2020 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
If you carry proof you own a house. You can cross anytime

Technically, at the border you must have RT/RP card or Mexican passport to be considered "essential". A tourist who owns property in Mexico is still a tourist, visitor. Not that they check everybody.

KurtG - 6-20-2020 at 01:11 PM

I will be ready to go at any time that I feel that it is safe and that the locals welcome me back. Right now my Mexican friends are apologetically telling me that neither is the case.

bajarich - 6-20-2020 at 08:54 PM

I can't see going this next winter. Maybe next winter. This will only be my 3rd winter missed since 2002. We are planning to spend the winter in Tucson, but the Covid numbers are bad there too.

mtgoat666 - 6-20-2020 at 09:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  
I can't see going this next winter. Maybe next winter. This will only be my 3rd winter missed since 2002. We are planning to spend the winter in Tucson, but the Covid numbers are bad there too.

Trump used to be running daily news conferences where he repeatedly said HE was going to have a vaccine before fall 2020

Have you noticed that trump cancelled the news conferences and no longer mentions developing a vaccine or therapy?
Trump has decided to let the herd die...

AKgringo - 6-21-2020 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
I will be ready to go at any time that I feel that it is safe and that the locals welcome me back. Right now my Mexican friends are apologetically telling me that neither is the case.

I share your viewpoint, and that is the kind of feedback which will set my travel date! I will be looking on this forum, and reaching out to the few contacts I have for insight about conditions in their area.

I have been looking forward to having crowns installed on the three implants I got in February, but it does not constitute an emergency.

pauldavidmena - 6-21-2020 at 09:06 AM

We're hoping to go to Todos Santos for the Art Festival in February. I was originally going to try to surprise my wife for her birthday in December, but that doesn't seem so wise now.

fixtrauma - 6-21-2020 at 07:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by fixtrauma  

What is your connecting MX airport, or did La Paz resume international flights again?

We fly Volaris from Portland, OR to Guadalajara. Two hr layover then on to La Paz.

Essential Travel?

motoged - 6-22-2020 at 12:25 AM

American tourists disrespecting travel conditions get fined:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rcmp-americans-banff-alaska-1.5621452

bajafreaks - 6-22-2020 at 05:28 PM

Heading down mid July been away too long...miss my piece of paradise.

KRB - 6-22-2020 at 05:50 PM

I am here now at our Punta Pescadero Casa

The hotel is opening with all possible precautions in place

As isolated as we are here it might be one of the safest place to be.

As far as I know there have been no metropolitan Los Barriles COVID cases

BajaMama - 6-22-2020 at 06:11 PM

Mi suegro and I will drive down to Punta Chivato mid-October if the vibe of Baja is welcoming and the spread of covid-19 has significantly slowed. I sure don't want to be disrespectful of what locals are comfortable with.

motoged - 6-22-2020 at 06:42 PM

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/virus-cases-have-more-than-doubled-in-baja-sur-since-reopening/