BajaNomad

Heading South

Sr.vienes - 6-23-2020 at 02:01 PM

The wife, son and I plan to head down to the East Cape on the 10th of July. We have a house and a copy of our fideicomiso along with a power bill, I am a member of our Mexican corporation so we have legitimate reason to go. We plan to cross at San Luis early morning and make one overnight stop. Have heard there may be a checkpoint at the junction of Hwy3 and 5, does anyone have any recent information as what to expect there and what paperwork we may be asked for. Also I am just looking for information and not a lecture on how stupid I am for doing this, I have been aware for quite some years of my stupidity.

SFandH - 6-23-2020 at 02:34 PM

:lol: (last sentence)

No info. Let us know what happens if you find the time.

bajatrailrider - 6-23-2020 at 02:35 PM

Your good with your power bill no problems

JZ - 6-23-2020 at 03:26 PM

Sounds like a fun trip. Post some pics and information!

Alm - 6-23-2020 at 05:45 PM

EL Chinero at Hwy3/5 junction published their report after the Memorial Day weekend. They checked papers confirming the residence and turned around those without. Your health is your problem. Health of those that you will contact during the trip is another thing. Lectures don't usually stop somebody bent on doing it.

going south

Sr.vienes - 6-23-2020 at 06:14 PM

We have been quite careful where we live and we are in a pretty safe area. Also so we are of German heritage and are not big huggers or close talkers, plus we eat a lot of sauerkraut so people don’t want to get too close to use either.

AKgringo - 6-23-2020 at 06:32 PM

To ensure extra social distancing, try substituting kimchi (a Korean cured cabbage) for your usual kraut! :wow:

Sr.vienes - 6-23-2020 at 06:37 PM

We actually make our own kraut, not too smelly. My brother ate limburger cheese when we were growing up, I was so happy when we got our own beds.

BajaBlanca - 6-23-2020 at 08:03 PM

We recently met some surfers who are camping on the beach in Abreojos - they came via Mexicali last week. No papers, no checks.

billklaser - 6-23-2020 at 08:56 PM

I just drove down 5 from 2 this morning, at the 3 junction the inspection asked where we were going, I said Loreto, & we were passed through. Did not have to show any documentation. In fact we were waved through with no inspection at all stations en route to Loreto.

SuperScrappy - 6-27-2020 at 11:11 AM

Came down on Monday 6/22, no issues. Crossed at Algodones, they gave us our 180 day visa and we were on our way. Checkpoints were a breeze, there were only the normal military ones, no temperature checks. They didn't want to open anything up. Asked where we were going and that was it. Came down the 5 to the 1.