BajaNomad

Baja fishermen threaten to burn Sonoran sardine boats

Hook - 6-29-2020 at 08:52 AM

You will need a translator for this. As usual, non-existent enforcement of fishing regs by the Mexican government.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/06/28/amenazan-pescadores-con...

AKgringo - 6-29-2020 at 09:15 AM

Actually, the article was translated automatically with no action on my part. Thanks for posting it!

Hook - 6-29-2020 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Actually, the article was translated automatically with no action on my part. Thanks for posting it!

Are you using Chrome as your browser?

AKgringo - 6-29-2020 at 12:58 PM

No, I am using the latest version of Microsoft Edge.

Hook - 6-29-2020 at 02:06 PM

Then it probably has an auto-translate function like Chrome.

BTW, I'm wondering if any residents of San Bruno or Chivato experienced the dead fish on the beach that the story talks about.

KurtG - 6-29-2020 at 02:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Then it probably has an auto-translate function like Chrome.

BTW, I'm wondering if any residents of San Bruno or Chivato experienced the dead fish on the beach that the story talks about.

Yes, pics were posted on the Mulege News Facebook page.

SFandH - 6-29-2020 at 03:32 PM

Anyway.....

Here's the first sentence, translated:

"Annoyed by the high depredation generated by their sardine extractive activities and that to date no authority has paid attention to this problem, Baja California fishermen threatened to do justice by their own hands and start burning Sonoran boats."

hahaha, those pesky sardine fishermen and their extractive activities that result in high depredation, what's the world coming to?

Protests by burning boats? Obtaining justice?

This protest idea is spreading like a highly infectious virus.

No justice, no peace!

[Edited on 6-29-2020 by SFandH]

Russ - 6-30-2020 at 06:04 AM

I'm glad to hear that the local fishermen are finally acting! We have tried many times to have the government, fisheries, control the seiners but nothing happens. The massave sardine kill covered the beaches here and PROFEPA sent crews out 3 days later to clean up the mess that had mostly rotted and washed away or residence had raked up and berried.

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by Russ]

defrag4 - 7-6-2020 at 10:22 AM

good