BajaNomad

BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases

Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  15

BajaTed - 12-30-2021 at 09:04 PM

Attenuation of the virus occurs to mutate itself out of existence in about 3 years.
Fact or false?

JDCanuck - 12-30-2021 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
Attenuation of the virus occurs to mutate itself out of existence in about 3 years.
Fact or false?

Hoping thats the case too BajaTed, as repetitive vaccines with declining efficacy and ever shorter repeats don't seem capable of leading us out.

JDCanuck - 12-30-2021 at 11:06 PM

Ultimately, the bottom line is not how many cases the enhanced testing finds, but the resulting fatality rates that we find before the final results are in. It's a given if you test more than any one else you will lead in defined cases, which seems counter productive if thats how we measure success. Right now, for some undefined reason, Africa is leading the way in rapidly declining CFR's despite very low vaccination rates. What is giving them the lead, or are deaths just being under reported?

JDCanuck - 12-30-2021 at 11:35 PM

Whats of more concern, is the total number of staffed ICU beds available for increased numbers of patients. Why are there far fewer ICU beds available across the US than were available in Jan 2021. Prior to that point, they were rapidly increasing. Every other country has been working steadily to INCREASE ICU beds, yet in the US it has declined more than 10% in the year of 2021
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hospitalization-7-day-trend

[Edited on 12-31-2021 by JDCanuck]

Cancamo - 12-31-2021 at 10:21 AM

When they "lock down" in BCS, what specifically does that mean?

Just speculation at this point, and hopefully cases and hospitalizations drop as quickly as they climbed , like in South Africa.

What happened before was most public places were closed including beaches, and people were told to stay home. I doubt the full-on lock down will happen here, (as it is currently in parts of Europe), socially and economically the country can't handle it.

Lee - 12-31-2021 at 12:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
When they "lock down" in BCS, what specifically does that mean?

Baja enforces stuff around the pandemic. Don't see La Paz or Cabo locking down. Todos, Loreto and smaller towns definitely.

Last April, beaches in Loreto were closed while I was there. You could walk on the beach, but not play on the beach or in the water. The police kicked me off the beach (frisbee with my dog) and signaled that they wanted me to have a mask on.

Not sure when this happened last year when Todos locked down. A dirt berm barricaded the highway N. of town (guess the area where the by-pass road intersects). Think it was manned by military.

100X - 12-31-2021 at 04:29 PM

Thanks Cancamo and Lee.

A friend of mine that lives in San Juanico gave a similar report about the beaches a while back.

Everyone, no matter how you see this disease, please stay safe and have a very happy New Year!

lewmt - 12-31-2021 at 06:36 PM

Interesting. Due to come to Baja Jan 3-25. No fishing? No kitesurfing? No nothing outdoors? Will be in La Bocanas mostly.

JZ - 12-31-2021 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lewmt  
Interesting. Due to come to Baja Jan 3-25. No fishing? No kitesurfing? No nothing outdoors? Will be in La Bocanas mostly.

Nothing has happened yet. Omicron spreads much easier. But so far the illness hasn't been as severe. Let's hope it stays that way.

charliemanson - 12-31-2021 at 09:12 PM

Today at our laboratory in La Paz, 86 tests and 79 positives.
two weeks ago averaged 10 tests a week with 20% positive.
Running out of tests as we are only allotted so many per order and everyone will be out of tests soon.

Funny how when driving around, the only people without masks are us gringos!

Deplorable how gringos don't give a F about anybody else, but feel their beliefs regardeng Covid are their own and come here and affect people who do care about themselves, their families and others, completely disrespect us.
We would all give our left arm for a vaccine and can't get one, but gringos come here unvaccinated and transmit it to all of us.
Really starting to hate my own people for this mentality.

Get a vaccine, were a mask and respect the people who are respecting you by at least wearing a mask! Or don't come!

Then I read an unvaccinated gringo has a stroke in LB and wants money to fly back to the US because the hospitals are full here with Covid cases.
Sorry dude, “ no room at the inn“ as our hospitals are full with Covid cases...good luck!

Please, if you come, at the very least respect the people you are “invading“

Happy new year

Bajazly - 12-31-2021 at 10:27 PM

Yep, since gringo season started here the vast majority of the ones i see in the stores are bare faced but the locals are about 90+% masked whenever they enter.

100X - 12-31-2021 at 11:43 PM

In Loreto it appears pretty evenly split between locals and non-locals w/ w/o masks.

Can't go in a store or restaurant without a mask, having temp taken and hand sanitizing. Everyone seems to comply.

Do not see many locals or gringos "riding around" with masks.

Have not seen one mask argument or dispute or ignored request in almost 2 months here.

Maybe it is different in other parts of the peninsula and these reports ("gringos...transmit it to all of us") are not alarmist, but the situation noted really has not occurred in Loreto.

[Edited on 1-1-2022 by 100X]

lewmt - 1-1-2022 at 05:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
Today at our laboratory in La Paz, 86 tests and 79 positives.
two weeks ago averaged 10 tests a week with 20% positive.
Running out of tests as we are only allotted so many per order and everyone will be out of tests soon.

Funny how when driving around, the only people without masks are us gringos!

Deplorable how gringos don't give a F about anybody else, but feel their beliefs regardeng Covid are their own and come here and affect people who do care about themselves, their families and others, completely disrespect us.
We would all give our left arm for a vaccine and can't get one, but gringos come here unvaccinated and transmit it to all of us.
Really starting to hate my own people for this mentality.

Get a vaccine, were a mask and respect the people who are respecting you by at least wearing a mask! Or don't come!

Then I read an unvaccinated gringo has a stroke in LB and wants money to fly back to the US because the hospitals are full here with Covid cases.
Sorry dude, “ no room at the inn“ as our hospitals are full with Covid cases...good luck!

Please, if you come, at the very least respect the people you are “invading“

Happy new year

Not sure if that was directed at my previous post or in general...I had the delta variant in Oct '21 and then got vaxxed in early Dec. Seems like I should be as strongly immune as possible at this point. I'm not invading anyone - any more than the millions of people who visit Montana every year because there are unique things here for people to see & do. Our state has no mask or vax mandate and case numbers, death rates, ratios of vaxxed - unvaxxed are similar to other states. We had a large increase in delta cases in Sept/Oct of '21 as you'd expect and the numbers also show an almost perfect bell curve decrease thereafter as you'd expect as herd immunity worked its magic. Now omicron is just beginning to increase numbers. There is no significant difference in the hard-core mandated states and the unmandated states in case numbers, death rates etc. Politics lies - data doesn't. So - then, why is it so critical to force masks on people when there is no evidence of the effectiveness of masks? How reasonable is it to wear a mask in wide open spaces(beaches, out on the water) where transmission is pretty much impossible. Masks could possibly help if compliance was 100% and all protocols were diligently followed while wearing them such as in an operating room. There is no way a mass population is going to ever comply for the time lengths required, with all of the necessary due diligence. Every state(& country) with strict mandates are having the same problems as states without the mandates. Why is that hard to grasp? Why is it so hard to live your life without all the hostility?

lewmt - 1-1-2022 at 05:40 AM

Happy new year

[Edited on 1-1-2022 by lewmt]

John Harper - 1-1-2022 at 07:19 AM

There is no way a mass population is going to ever comply for the time lengths required, with all of the necessary due diligence.

I'm glad you weren't around during World War Two. We seemed to be able to do it back then, and for those in London, from 1939-1945. Six years.

John

lewmt - 1-1-2022 at 07:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
There is no way a mass population is going to ever comply for the time lengths required, with all of the necessary due diligence.

I'm glad you weren't around during World War Two. We seemed to be able to do it back then, and for those in London, from 1939-1945. Six years.

John

What? I'm talking mass population reality & you make a personal attack. 2 totally different circumstances and 2 totally different realities

pauldavidmena - 1-1-2022 at 09:44 AM

We're due to be in Todos Santos from Feb 3 to 11. Does anyone have any recent metrics for BCS?

Meanwhile the numbers have gone up dramatically here in the Northeast - even in Mask-a-chusetts. In the past few months 2 of my sons, a son-in-law and a grandson have all tested positive, but thankfully the symptoms were mild and they all recovered.

We're fully vaccinated and boosted and have been trying to avail ourselves of more frequent testing so as to have somewhat normal lives, even going so far as to spend Christmas with family. We still limit our ventures out in public and mask up when those ventures bring us indoors. It seems like the Fat Lady is just warming up.

Cancamo - 1-1-2022 at 09:57 AM

"So - then, why is it so critical to force masks on people when there is no evidence of the effectiveness of masks?"

This is why this thing will continue to spread, and morph:(:(. Outdoors is one thing, but used indoors or in close contact with people, masks help prevent the spread, common sense.
Seat belts work, helmets work, condoms work, and so do masks.
Everyone here in Mexico knows at least one person whom has been lost to Covid. That's why the locals give distance when approached by an unmasked extranjero.

I'm beginning to think this is a Darwin moment.

lewmt - 1-1-2022 at 10:23 AM

Forgive me for being a math nerd. I like to look at raw numbers and make evidentiary conclusions. We've had Covid for almost 2 years now in its variations. We have states and countries that are very strict in their mandates & we have states and countries that aren't. The raw numbers I see are statistically insignificant between them. Sadly far too much about this disease is political but numbers don't lie unless the input is manipulated.

gnukid - 1-1-2022 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
"So - then, why is it so critical to force masks on people when there is no evidence of the effectiveness of masks?"

This is why this thing will continue to spread, and morph:(:(. Outdoors is one thing, but used indoors or in close contact with people, masks help prevent the spread, common sense.
Seat belts work, helmets work, condoms work, and so do masks.
Everyone here in Mexico knows at least one person whom has been lost to Covid. That's why the locals give distance when approached by an unmasked extranjero.

I'm beginning to think this is a Darwin moment.

Show one study that demonstrates common use of cloth facemasks by general public reduce infection or transmission, you can't because none exist.

Expectorant expressed from humans mouths and nose produce particles smaller than common facemasks can contain, while virus is a dead protein, non-living and does not enter into someone else and become alive. Virus is produced by individuals as part of normal cleansing of toxins and is healthy.

It is not healthy to wear a facemark to collect expectorant around your nose and throat, it is best to provide clear pathway to express mucos and breathe fresh air freely.

Others are not at risk from contact with you, each human body is capable of living within a biodiverse space and in fact benefits from exposure to biodiversity, both in biological ways we understand and in ways we truly to not entirely comprehend to inter-cummunicate successful survival information from messenger to RNA of one to another. It could be chemical, electrical, or steroidal. human biological intercommunication is a very interesting topic to explore.

We are all inter-communicating healthy survival information to each other through messenger RNA, the human is electronic as well as chemical, we affect each both positively and negatively to influence each other through healthy or debilitating behavior, bad habits, unhealthy diets, sloth, obesity, lack of exercise and poor nutrition.

Happy New Year Go Out and Enjoy Adventure

Cancamo - 1-1-2022 at 11:34 AM

"Show one study that demonstrates common use of cloth facemasks by general public reduce infection or transmission, you can't because none exist."

Wow, just googled "effective of mask use against covid spread",
pages came up of studies from CDC, NIH, Stanford, Mayo Clinic, Web MD, etc.......
Oh I get it, they are all part of the "Deep State"

(Bannon is still out and accepting checks for the wall)

JDCanuck - 1-1-2022 at 02:15 PM

Baja may want to close its doors to arrivals from California temporarily to protect itself?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/younger-adults-driv...

Los Angeles County recorded more than 27,000 new cases on the final day of 2021, far above last winter’s peak average of 16,000 cases a day. Nearly 1 in 4 people who are being tested are positive for a coronavirus infection, officials said.
Rates among the youngest adults — those 18 to 29 — are more than eight times higher than they were one month ago. And among adults in their 30s and 40s, cases are six times as high.
Case rates have doubled for children ages 5 to 11 and tripled for adults ages 65 to 79.

Adults of all ages are now bringing the virus home to infect their younger kids at alarming rates.

[Edited on 1-1-2022 by JDCanuck]

Bajaboy - 1-1-2022 at 03:23 PM

Cases on the rise in Bahia Asuncion and neighboring communities. Schools have pushed back reopening until January 17.

gnukid - 1-1-2022 at 05:50 PM

It's called common cold, gripe, fever, normal, take care, recover, go out.

gnukid - 1-1-2022 at 07:58 PM

Not only are there no actual tests for SARS2 COVID of any kind with EUA for use anywhere in the world, there are also no EUA approved SARS2 COVID vaccines anywhere in the world.

Cormnaty is supposedly an FDA approved product, yet, has never been produced nor tested. There are no FDA approved vaccines for SARS2 COVID19 while there does exist an emergency use authorization for experimental purpose for various products, and currently those who submit to jabs are part of the phase 3 study to understand adverse negative affects, no successful tests on animals has been achieved nor successful test to include control groups.

No SARS2 COVID Tests nor Vaccines are currently FDA Approved for use anywhere in the world.

JDCanuck - 1-1-2022 at 08:59 PM

Two relatives in La Paz just got confirmed with Covid for second time around. Both vaccinated. Hopefully its the Omicron strain that broke through and they recover soon. Two others in household showing no symptoms yet.
They knew nothing about this heavily proven natural antibiotic immune boosting medication thats been used for over 8000 years, we Canadians use it every year during cold season to fight off cold symptoms in hot citrus drinks mixed with tylenol to reduce fevers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5424551/

[Edited on 1-2-2022 by JDCanuck]

surfhat - 1-2-2022 at 08:50 AM

I might have missed this question to gnu kid, or not.

Hey kid, are you vaccinated?

Bajabus - 1-2-2022 at 09:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

He has been asked several times but no answer that I noticed. Perhaps I missed it.

mtgoat666 - 1-2-2022 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajabus  
Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

He has been asked several times but no answer that I noticed. Perhaps I missed it.

oldkid (Paul) has been vaccinated, but he continues to spout his anti-vaccine nonsense here.

Paul had to get vaccinated because his mother and siblings told him to stay away and pound sand if was unvaccinated.

JDCanuck - 1-2-2022 at 09:42 AM

Most recent study early results from South Africa indicates J&J vaccine increasingly protects against Omicron when used as booster resulting in far fewer hospitalizations than Pfizer and Moderna two shots

https://www.citizen.co.za/news/covid-19/2950409/jj-booster-e...

"When a booster shot was given six to nine months after the first dose, vaccine efficacy against hospitalisation increased over time, from 63% at 0-13 days to 85% one to two months post-boost."

"An earlier South African study in December found that two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine prevented hospital admissions by up to 70%. "

[Edited on 1-2-2022 by JDCanuck]

surfhat - 1-2-2022 at 10:35 AM

Does anyone know if knukid posts his antivax ramblings on other sites besides our treasured Baja Nomad site?

Thanks for clearing up whether he is vaccinated or not.

As for his motivation to post his 'stuff' on our site when he himself is vaccinated, does question the motives.

Do as I say, not what I actually do for myself, is particularly relevant in his case.

JDCanuck - 1-2-2022 at 11:28 AM

If I remember right, Gnukid posts criticisms of the new emergency approval mRNA vaccines, not the traditional weakened virus vaccines. I would suspect this is the vaccine he got. Not all vaccines are equal. Omicron seems to be showing additional susceptibility to traditional weakened virus vaccines (like the J&J) and may explain why the latest virus is dying so fast in countries where that was their most commonly distributed vaccine while continuing to explode rapidly in countries where the mRNA vaccines are the primary ones.

100X - 1-2-2022 at 11:30 AM

Thank you, JDC, for stating it succinctly. Maybe your one paragraph explanation will now allow a succinct response/criticism/understanding.

JZ - 1-2-2022 at 11:45 AM

This is an example of what is driving ppl nuts. This is not what being guided by science looks like.

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is considering further amending its isolation guidance for individuals who test positive for COVID-19 but remain asymptomatic.

Asked by host George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week" why the CDC does not require that individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 receive a negative test before leaving quarantine as an "extra layer of protection," Fauci said such a requirement is under consideration.

"You're right, there has been some concern about why we don't ask people at that five-day period to get tested. That is something that is now under consideration," Fauci said.

surfhat - 1-2-2022 at 02:16 PM

The usual deflection is expected from certain posters.

Hypocrisy is rampant, and oh so convenient with those few who expound and somehow do not follow their own positions.

Would you deniers step up for a change and stand by your support of anti vaxers and remain unvaccinated? I doubt it.

Of course not.

My ability to respect others opinions without them being honest about their own personal behavior does rile me up when they deny a treatment that has worked for hundreds of millions throughout the world. One can always dig up a few examples where there were adverse reactions, but consider the many who have saved themselves from a debilitating virus that can have lasting effects.

What fool would take that chance?

The term 'novel' appears to escape many.

If they want to deny the efficacy of the vaccines, then stand firm and remain unvaccinated and ultimately and eventually suffer the consequences.

Otherwise, you are just another hypocrite. We certainly have more than enough of them in our daily lives. Why do they feel impelled to crap all over us here?

If they do this here, and they are allowed to, so far, they must certainly be posting their anti-vax crap elsewhere.

Using our Nomad site for such 'stuff' is tough to take. If one sees something wrong, speak up. For all the good it will do.

Here is to a happy [ier] new year to all Nomads, and it does include those who continue to spout their mis, dis, vaccine information. Even you deserve well wishes along with some hopes for an awakening and a deep look into a mirror.

One is either acting in concert to a solution, or adding to the ongoing problem. We certainly have a few of the problem supporting members here.

May this year be a truly new year for all of us. Omicron will run its course soon enough. If that gives us some daylight for awhile, we will take it.

There will be more variations coming. It is the nature of corona virus's to mutate endlessly. Nothing new there. We got lucky this time with Omicron. Not so much with Delta, which has not gone away. it isn't as communicable as Omicron. Small blessings, indeed.

Looks like another winter in Mudville.

JZ - 1-2-2022 at 02:31 PM

Don't get stuck in the prison of two ideas. You can be anti-mandate and pro-vaxx.

At this point it should be obvious that getting vaxxed isn't going to stop the spread.

Ppl who are older and/or a risk absolutely should get vaxxed. For others, it makes less sense.

My teen kids are vaxxed. But won't be getting boosted. I wouldn't vax my kids if they were 5-11. Wife and I are vaxxed and boosted.

It's our personal choice. Just like it is your personal choice based on your circumstances.

I think by Feb/Mar things will be a lot better. We'll see.

[Edited on 1-2-2022 by JZ]

JDCanuck - 1-2-2022 at 03:02 PM

I think most of us continue to look for what is working best at present, and this seems to be constantly changing. For some they may decide one of the mRNAs is the best vaccine going ahead, for some they may prefer in concert with their doctors to get the Nova vax or the J&J or one of the other traditional vaccines. This doesn't necessarily make them antivax, just not in agreement with your choice of vaccines. Here in BC Canada, we generally have no choice, you get the vaccine they are distributing the day you go in, and this increasingly has become a mix of one of 3 presently approved vaccines. I happened to get 2 Pfizer's my wife 2 Moderna's and most of those that were given a third one were purposely given a different one than the first two and told this was superior to repeating the same one 3 times.

Glidergeek - 1-2-2022 at 04:27 PM

You guys and gals keep beating this horse and it's not dead yet! Last year I posted my experience with this China Virus and seeing as these forums are still going strong with opinion and insults and very little credible information, here's my .02 cents worth. (I just couldn't resist anymore).

July of 2020 I got covid (aka China Virus or Fauci Virus) on a trip to Montana & Idaho from a lady I picked up in San Diego. 10 days later in Idaho she started her symptoms, we flew home and quarantined for 14 days. I tested positive 14 days after my exposure and quarantined for another 10 days.

November 2020 through May 2021 I tested positive for antibodies June I was negative. Thinking oh shoot what'll I do I'm vulnerable now I procrastinated on getting vaxed and went about my business which is essential (trucking) so I can continue to help feed and cloth all the basement dwellers.

Being exposed to several people that ended up positive I thought that was odd I still wasn't getting it. Move to October and a trip to Montana in da plane where the people my friend and I stayed with announced they were positive for China Virus. Oh shoot honey time to go home (after 3 days of exposure).

Friend had a cough on the trip home and tested positive 3 days later. Of course we quarantined and only left the house to do drive up testing. I tested negative for covid 3x in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Thinking this was odd after the exposure I'd had to 6 people that got it I tested for antibodies again (late October) and voila I gotem again.

I'll take that gimme. Through November I'd had (close) exposure to at least another 8 people and still hadn't gotten it. (All my office staff got it except me plus 2 of my company drivers & 1 owner operators) Another antibody test early December was positive. I'll continue to test for antibodies periodically through this year and hope for the best.

I don't discourage anybody from getting vaxed, everyone I know that was vaxed and got it had much less illness than the ones including me that weren't. Symptoms were less and lasted less time.

The moral of the story is if you think you need the vax get it but I' d get tested for antibodies first then make your decision. I've got 1 employee that's been in the hospital since November 29 is 76 y/o didn't get vaxed is on a rebreather and 10L of O2 and I'm not sure he's going to make it. Instead of taking time to berate me say a prayer for him....then you can start your own rant

Go in peace brothers and sisters Happy New year safe travels

gnukid - 1-3-2022 at 02:07 AM

FDA states Antigen test can not test for current variants, results are likely inaccurate

SARS-CoV-2 Viral Mutations: Impact on COVID-19 Tests

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and...

Skipjack Joe - 1-3-2022 at 02:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Yep, since gringo season started here the vast majority of the ones i see in the stores are bare faced but the locals are about 90+% masked whenever they enter.

Maybe it's because the gringos are double and triple vaccinated while the locals aren't? Just a guess.

pacificobob - 1-3-2022 at 06:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Maybe it's because the gringos are double and triple vaccinated while the locals aren't? Just a guess.

OR, maybe they are inconsiderate aholes, who subscribe to the notion that Mexico is their personal consequence free playground.

JDCanuck - 1-3-2022 at 07:01 AM

Gildergeek: Interesting story, so it appears that while you are listed as one of those that is unvaccinated, you have developed your own naturally produced antibodies and are finding fewer symptoms each time you contract it from exposure to others, is this correct? I often wondered why those who recovered naturally after exposure were never studied for how effectively their immune systems continued to protect them. It might allow the people who desperately want the vaccines to receive them rather than multiple vaccines pushed on those that don't.

JDCanuck - 1-3-2022 at 08:17 AM

Latest of 5 approved vaccines in Netherlands is gaining ground globally. Here are the reasons why Novavax is being introduced:

Novavax's CEO has argued his company's vaccine "could help overcome key barriers to global vaccination, including the challenges of global distribution and vaccine hesitancy".

Results from clinical trials released in June showed 90.4% efficacy against the disease, and 100% efficacy against severe to moderate cases.

The company also said it was "evaluating its vaccine against the Omicron variant" and working on a version specific to it.

The European Commission has already signed a contract with Novavax for the advance purchase of 200 million doses of its vaccine once it has been approved by the EMA.

But Novavax has struggled with months of delays amid what a group of MEPs recently called "production problems".

Indonesia and the Philippines have already approved Novavax's jab, while Japan has agreed to buy 150 million doses.

Novavax says it has also filed for approval in Britain, India, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and with the World Health Organization.

The World Health Organization granted emergency use listing for the vaccine late last week.

charliemanson - 1-3-2022 at 02:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Wow, that must be one gnarly gripe to have killed millions of people...others of a certain education level would call that a pandemic.

Cant say I have ever heard a more ignorant statement in my whole life.

gnukid - 1-3-2022 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  

Wow, that must be one gnarly gripe to have killed millions of people...others of a certain education level would call that a pandemic.

Cant say I have ever heard a more ignorant statement in my whole life.

People (seniors in particular) were killed by neglect, abandonment, no treatment, those who treated were given Remdesevir which has over 50% mortality and intimation which has over 80% mortality. It has been a medical malfeasance as primary cause of deaths.

gnukid - 1-3-2022 at 05:08 PM

This study shows that a short time after vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer, people are far worse off in regards to covid type illness and complications.

Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 infection with the Omicron or Delta variants following a two-dose or booster BNT162b2 or mRNA-1273 vaccination series: A Danish cohort study: See long version and PDF linked below.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v...

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v...

mtgoat666 - 1-3-2022 at 07:27 PM

This study shows that a short time after vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer, people are far worse off in regards to covid type illness and complications.

That’s not what it says.

Your reading comprehension is very poor, Paul.

Bajaboy - 1-3-2022 at 10:19 PM

Our village is going back to restrictions along with the rest of BCS. Schools are not going to open until at least January 17, no public events (surf contest cancelled), and other limitations as well.

Maybe JZ should consult with the government officials being that he knows it all:barf:

JZ - 1-3-2022 at 10:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Our village is going back to restrictions along with the rest of BCS. Schools are not going to open until at least January 17, no public events (surf contest cancelled), and other limitations as well.

Maybe JZ should consult with the government officials being that he knows it all:barf:

Remote Baja is a lot different from the US. That probably makes a lot of sense given the resources available to the small town.

If you've watched the news the last week, you'll notice the beginning of a major Covid policy shift occurring in the US. And it's not coming from the right. It is a movement I agree with.

[Edited on 1-4-2022 by JZ]

John Harper - 1-4-2022 at 06:17 AM

intimation which has over 80% mortality. It has been a medical malfeasance as primary cause of deaths.

Intimation????

People dying of "hints and indirect references" is pretty hard to believe.

INTUBATION, on the other hand, is only used on the most critically ill, who probably had about a 100% mortality rate without. It's a last ditch effort, not a therapeutic. What do you expect, miracles????

John

JDCanuck - 1-4-2022 at 06:52 AM

Jz: I have noticed a growing recognition especially dealing with Omicron and the extreme shortage of health care staff levels it has produced that lockdown measures are further reducing societies' ability to function adequately with surging cases to deal with. Our left of center government here has exempted all health care and emergency staff's children for instance from school closures this time around. A slight improvement from previous lockdowns. Cancellation of all scheduled surgeries will however produce it's own collateral fatalities as it did previously. Shrinking availability of staffed ICU and acute beds is increasingly the major issue.

JDCanuck - 1-4-2022 at 07:13 AM

The Scandinavian countries including Sweden resisted major lockdowns and substantially increased the number of staffed ICU's and acute hospital beds early on and received the benefits in rapidly falling fatalities of that move. Italy, Spain on the other hand went into the most extreme initial lockdowns and the results are obvious now in retrospect.

JDCanuck - 1-4-2022 at 07:21 AM

Might I suggest this? Find the local nurse in your area and offer to look after their children temporarily if there are school closures in your area so they can return to doing what they do best? We simply cannot afford to lose them at this point.

BajaMama - 1-4-2022 at 07:29 AM

The U.S. is up to a million cases a day now according to Bloomberg. According to the NY Times, hospitalizations are up 41% but deaths are down 3%. You are 5 times as likely to become infected if unvaxed and 13 times more likely to become hospitalized or dead if unvaxed. I do know several vaxed peeps who have breakthrough omicron infections but all of them have mild symptoms are are riding it out at home. Like most Americans I spent the holidays with close friends and family. So far so good. I am not worried about getting sick anymore - I'm vaxed and boosted. This variant is going to blow through the population and hopefully covid will be endemic like the flu or a cold when it is done. Hooray. I hope all y'all are vaxed and boosted.

Glidergeek - 1-4-2022 at 02:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Gildergeek: Interesting story, so it appears that while you are listed as one of those that is unvaccinated, you have developed your own naturally produced antibodies and are finding fewer symptoms each time you contract it from exposure to others, is this correct? I often wondered why those who recovered naturally after exposure were never studied for how effectively their immune systems continued to protect them. It might allow the people who desperately want the vaccines to receive them rather than multiple vaccines pushed on those that don't.

JDC I really can't tell you if I've had it more than once, but either I had a false negative in June of 21 or as suggested by my primary (who's been cooperative with testing) I ran out of antibodies (6-9 mos was his prediction) and was re infected subsequently and (antibodies) restarted with the help of T cells.

To date I've counted 9 people I know who've been vaxed that have been infected post vax. And 13 people that hadn't been vaxed that have gotten it one who has died on a ventilator, 2 that were hospitalized (one still is as mentioned in my OP).

I think the reason you questioned about study of natural immunity is because it does not fit the narrative of of the CDC and other organizations and frankly ignored like it is not a factor (it very much is). I do feel comfortable working in an office where I know everyone has had it and recovered and has antibodies.

Treatment of infected people should be a priority and is being ignored. My son was treated in the hospital with Veklury (aka remdesivir) after 5 days of infection and I'm reasonably sure it saved his life.

Today the President made a statement encouraging masking up and vaccinations and at no time in his speech encouraged the medical industry to step up treatments, it would and could save many lives. we're only being told of the 1 million positive cases being reported today, not the fact that all the survivors will have antibodies.

mtgoat666 - 1-4-2022 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  

JDC I really can't tell you if I've had it more than once, but either I had a false negative in June of 21 or as suggested by my primary (who's been cooperative with testing) I ran out of antibodies (6-9 mos was his prediction) and was re infected subsequently and (antibodies) restarted with the help of T cells.

To date I've counted 9 people I know who've been vaxed that have been infected post vax. And 13 people that hadn't been vaxed that have gotten it one who has died on a ventilator, 2 that were hospitalized (one still is as mentioned in my OP).

I think the reason you questioned about study of natural immunity is because it does not fit the narrative of of the CDC and other organizations and frankly ignored like it is not a factor (it very much is). I do feel comfortable working in an office where I know everyone has had it and recovered and has antibodies.

Treatment of infected people should be a priority and is being ignored. My son was treated in the hospital with Veklury (aka remdesivir) after 5 days of infection and I'm reasonably sure it saved his life.

Today the President made a statement encouraging masking up and vaccinations and at no time in his speech encouraged the medical industry to step up treatments, it would and could save many lives. we're only being told of the 1 million positive cases being reported today, not the fact that all the survivors will have antibodies.

It makes sense that govt focuses on prevention of disease. If you prevent it, you dont need to treat it.

Prevention is the best cure.

There are many focusing on developing treatment, so really dont care if public health programs focus on prevention and dont waste time messaging about treatments.

Wear a mask, dont lick door knobs, get vaccinated, and avoid being hospitalized. It’s so easy, even you can do it!

mtgoat666 - 1-4-2022 at 02:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  

Treatment of infected people should be a priority and is being ignored.

Not true. No one is ignoring treatment.
But you need to focus the masses on preventing it. Once the clinics and hospitals fill up, you run out of space to treat people.

JDCanuck - 1-4-2022 at 02:47 PM

Once we run out of staffing to treat people in hospitals, they are going to have to start treating themselves or family members at home. This is the time to be advertising self initiated treatments I think, especially since they need to be begun very soon after symptoms show.
I'm really hopeful this early stage pill treatment becomes readily available. My family members in Baja (both vaccinated) that cannot get into a hospital now really need an effective treatment plan they can get initiate quickly, especially with the breakthrough rates Omicron is showing.
Omicron is a double edged sword, rapidly moving through the population providing additional protection from past and hopefully future strains with longer lasting natural immunity build..

JDCanuck - 1-4-2022 at 08:19 PM

Quote: " LA PAZ, Mexico — COVID-19 infections are rising across Mexico, especially in two states home to major tourism destinations on the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean that were busy during the holiday season.

According to data from the federal government, Quintana Roo, where tourists flock to Cancun, Tulum and other spots along the Mayan Riviera, and Baja California Sur, which draws beachgoers to the twin Pacific resorts that make up Los Cabos, are both experiencing some of their highest infection totals since the start of the pandemic.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said Tuesday that despite the new variant being very contagious, the country was not seeing rising hospitalizations.

Mexico has vaccinated 88% of adults and has started giving a third shot to the elderly as well as health care workers. Teachers will begin receiving the booster in the coming days."

JDCanuck - 1-4-2022 at 09:55 PM

Traditional vaccines (J&J, Astrazenica and now Novavax) and natural immunity are increasingly showing themselves to be superior to the mRNA vaccines against Omicron over longer periods. My date for getting the booster to my two Pfizer vaccines is approaching in about 2 months and I am increasingly leaning towards one of the three others if they are made available to me. I want my natural immunity system to have the very best protection in years ahead to future rounds of influenza.

pauldavidmena - 1-5-2022 at 08:01 AM

Factcheck.org has an entire page of links to articles refuting conspiracy theories and clarifying misinformation, including the health sensor microgel twisted by right-wing agitators into a "microchip" included in each dose of an mRNA vaccine and used by government entities as a tracking device. It explains that this gel is not in current use anywhere - and definitely not as part of the COVID-19 vaccination process.

boe4fun - 1-5-2022 at 08:05 AM

Bahía Asunción was shut down the other day. Surf contest cancelled, 3 people allowed in the markets for shopping at one time, public beach closed, no public gatherings, etc. About 46 cases reported in Punta Abreojos.

JZ - 1-5-2022 at 07:36 PM

Let's hope this continues.

Good news from the sewers of Boston!

pauldavidmena - 1-13-2022 at 07:39 AM

Actually it's the from a pair of water treatment plants that are part of the Massachusetts Water Resource Authority (MWRA). This graph shows a recent drop in the Omicron variant as detected in waste water. Fingers and eyes crossed!

100X - 1-13-2022 at 08:25 AM

Now that's really digging up the sh..!

JDCanuck - 1-13-2022 at 08:27 AM

Its an amazing way to measure levels of a virus in a broad population, and seems to be more accurate that random sampling using individual tests.
Starting to be used up here as well, and showing the same thing with local Scientists now stating the real infection rate of Omicron is up to 5 times what those showing stronger symptoms and testing positive has indicated. My wife and I (and several of our friends) for instance have recently had mild temperature, cough, head cold symptoms but did not get tested as they were relatively mild like a seasonal flu. We all took precautions to self isolate for 2 weeks after they showed up just in case.

[Edited on 1-13-2022 by JDCanuck]

JDCanuck - 1-13-2022 at 08:58 AM

Bill Gates gets on board with growing number of Scientists :
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/bill-gatescovid-can-be-treat...
And this recently from European Scientists:
https://www.barrons.com/articles/repeat-covid-vaccine-booste...

[Edited on 1-13-2022 by JDCanuck]

mtgoat666 - 2-17-2022 at 08:10 PM

As BA.2 subvariant of Omicron rises, lab studies point to signs of severity
By Brenda Goodman, CNN
Updated 9:28 PM ET, Thu February 17, 2022

(CNN) The BA.2 virus -- a subvariant of the Omicron coronavirus variant -- isn't just spreading faster than its distant cousin, it may also cause more severe disease and appears capable of thwarting some of the key weapons we have against Covid-19, new research suggests.

New lab experiments from Japan show that BA.2 may have features that make it as capable of causing serious illness as older variants of Covid-19, including Delta.

And like Omicron, it appears to largely escape the immunity created by vaccines. A booster shot restores protection, making illness after infection about 74% less likely.

BA.2 is also resistant to some treatments, including sotrovimab, the monoclonal antibody that's currently being used against Omicron.

The findings were posted Wednesday as a preprint study on the bioRxiv server, before peer review. Normally, before a study is published in medical journal, it is scrutinized by independent experts. Preprints allow research to be shared more quickly, but they are posted before that additional layer of review.

"It might be, from a human's perspective, a worse virus than BA.1 and might be able to transmit better and cause worse disease," says Dr. Daniel Rhoads, section head of microbiology at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Rhoads reviewed the study but was not involved in the research.

BA.2 is highly mutated compared with the original Covid-causing virus that emerged in Wuhan, China. It also has dozens of gene changes that are different from the original Omicron strain, making it as distinct from the most recent pandemic virus as the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta variants were from each other.

Kei Sato, a researcher at the University of Tokyo who conducted the study, argues that these findings prove that BA.2 should not be considered a type of Omicron and that it needs to be more closely monitored.

"As you may know, BA.2 is called 'stealth Omicron,' " Sato told CNN. That's because it doesn't show up on PCR tests as an S-gene target failure, the way Omicron does. Labs therefore have to take an extra step and sequence the virus to find this variant.

"Establishing a method to detect BA.2 specifically would be the first thing" many countries need to do, he says.

"It looks like we might be looking at a new Greek letter here," agreed Deborah Fuller, a virologist at the University of Washington School of Medicine, who reviewed the study but was not part of the research.

Mixed real-world data on subvariant's severity

BA.2 is about 30% to 50% more contagious than Omicron. It has been detected in 74 countries and 47 US states.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that about 4% of Americans with Covid-19 now have infections caused by BA.2, but many other parts of the world have more experience with this variant. It has become dominant in at least 10 other countries: Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Denmark, Guam, India, Montenegro, Nepal, Pakistan and the Philippines, according to World Health Organization's weekly epidemiological report.

But, there's mixed evidence on the severity of BA.2 in the real world. Hospitalizations continue to decline in countries where BA.2 has gained a foothold, like South Africa and the UK. But in Denmark, where BA.2 has become the leading cause of infections, hospitalizations and deaths are rising, according to WHO.

Resistant to monoclonal antibody treatments

The new study found that BA.2 can copy itself in cells more quickly than BA.1, the original version of Omicron. It's also more adept at causing cells to stick together. This allows the virus to create larger clumps of cells, called syncytia, than BA.1. That's concerning because these clumps then become factories for churning out more copies of the virus. Delta was also good at creating syncytia, which is thought to be one reason it was so destructive to the lungs.

When the researchers infected hamsters with BA.2 and BA.1, the animals infected with BA.2 got sicker and had worse lung function. In tissues samples, the lungs of BA.2-infected hamsters had more damage than those infected by BA.1.

Similar to the original Omicron, BA.2 was capable of breaking through antibodies in the blood of people who'd been vaccinated against Covid-19. It was also resistant to the antibodies of people who'd been infected with Covid-19 early in the pandemic, including Alpha and Delta. And BA.2 was almost completely resistant to some monoclonal antibody treatments.
But there was a bright spot: Antibodies in the blood of people who'd recently had Omicron also seemed to have some protection against BA.2, especially if they'd also been vaccinated.

And that raises an important point, Fuller says. Even though BA.2 seems more contagious and pathogenic than Omicron, it may not wind up causing a more devastating wave of Covid-19 infections.

"One of the caveats that we have to think about as we get new variants that might seem more dangerous is the fact that there's two sides to the story," Fuller says.

The virus matters, she says, but as its would-be hosts, so do we.

"Our immune system is evolving as well. And so that's pushing back on things," she said.

Right now, she says, we're in a race against the virus, and the key question is, who's in the lead?

"What we will ultimately want is to have the host be ahead of the virus. In other words, our immunity, be a step ahead of the next variant that comes out, and I don't know that we're quite there yet," she said.

For that reason, Fuller says, she feels like it's not quite time for communities to lift mask mandates.

"Before this thing came out, we were about 10 feet away from the finish line," she said. "Taking off the masks now is not a good idea. It's just going to extend it. Let's get to the finish line."

[Edited on 2-18-2022 by mtgoat666]

JDCanuck - 2-18-2022 at 12:03 AM

Pfizer tells us there is a new vaccine that will be effective to combat Omicron(first version) as soon as next month...so no worries, Pfizer to the rescue yet again. We can begin a whole new round of mandates based on the new versions.
In the meantime, perhaps we should explore the full range of treatments provided by the Europeans leading them to drop mandates altogether, as they seem to be working well there.

RFClark - 2-18-2022 at 07:44 AM

Doug,

Exactly what does a long rant from CNN have to do with COVID in Baja or even in the US for that matter? The Mexican Government seems to think we’re on the backside for now as well!

JZ - 2-18-2022 at 08:05 AM

Pfizer tells us there is a new vaccine that will be effective to combat Omicron(first version) as soon as next month...so no worries, Pfizer to the rescue yet again. We can begin a whole new round of mandates based on the new versions.
In the meantime, perhaps we should explore the full range of treatments provided by the Europeans leading them to drop mandates altogether, as they seem to be working well there.

Because the later doesn't let govt. control every aspect of your life.

JDCanuck - 2-18-2022 at 08:42 AM

It is evident from this site that current cases in Baja are dropping rapidly, especially in the La Paz area where they are less than one third what they were a short time ago and recovery times are extremely rapid. Went from Orange to Yellow very recently. Does not look like the new Pfizer and Moderna "vaccines" will arrive before this most recent wave resolves itself without them:

https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/english/

JDCanuck - 2-18-2022 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Because the later doesn't let govt. control every aspect of your life.

I am quite sure there is yet another crisis the governments can find out there to bring up once this one passes. Non-violent public protests must be made illegal first, new legislations enacted to control private bank accounts and access to them, threats to remove children from custody if you protest, we are just seeing the beginning of government control.

The real crisis we will need to deal with is the increases in homelessness caused by lock downs and mandates and the following explosion of opioid deaths that followed it. Somehow we failed to recognize the devastation these measures created, despite being warned constantly by those in positions to see it happening.

[Edited on 2-18-2022 by JDCanuck]

JZ - 2-18-2022 at 09:21 AM

They also said if the peaceful protesters had pets with them that officers would take them to the pound and they might be put down.

Just unbelievable.

JDCanuck - 2-18-2022 at 09:44 AM

There is nothing an intolerant government fears more than a non-violent protest and they must attempt to make it appear as a violent uprising through the media they control to offset it. Remember the 1930 Ghandi led protests in India and the East Germany Liepzig marches that grew out of peaceful assemblies in a church that led to the collapse of a government. Peaceful demonstations work, but it takes a committed group of people willing to risk everything to accomplish them.

mtgoat666 - 2-18-2022 at 09:47 AM

They also said if the peaceful protesters had pets with them that officers would take them to the pound and they might be put down.

Just unbelievable.

people were ordered to disperse.
they violated order, knowing full well that arrest was possible consequence.
what dummy takes their dog with them to get arrested?

popo are not in business of holding your hand and coddling your pets. dont take your pets with you when you foresee being arrested :light:

JDCanuck - 2-18-2022 at 12:35 PM

Interesting signature you have MTGoat: Who and when was that quote derived from?
Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666 - 2-18-2022 at 01:04 PM

What doesn’t kill you
Will mutate and try again

surabi - 2-18-2022 at 01:42 PM

Oh, really?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/in-warning-to-us-covid-rates-soar-...

Lee - 2-18-2022 at 04:34 PM

Just unbelievable.

You believe everything you read. Life is a conspiracy to you, isn't it?

How many animals ended up in the pound? Go ahead, make up a number. Troll.

JZ - 2-18-2022 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Oh, really?

This from your article:
“Those data do not capture the epidemic situation in Denmark adequately,” tweeted political scientist Michael Bang Petersen, who advises the Danish government and leads the country’s largest study of pandemic behavior.

“Hospital burden in regards to COVID-19 is still low compared to former waves, and mortality is low,” Søren Neermark, an official at the Danish Health Authority, went on to explain.

“Test-positive admitted in Denmark” — that is, the number of people who are hospitalized with COVID but not necessarily because of it — “reflects high incidence in society, but is not the best current indicator for the burden of COVID-19.”

The bottom line is ppl are done with Covid.

Ateo - 2-18-2022 at 06:15 PM

[/rquote]

The bottom line is ppl are done with Covid.
[/rquote]

I feel you....but is Covid done with us?

JDCanuck - 2-18-2022 at 07:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Oh, really?

Hi Surabi: After reading that full article it appears to agree with what I posted, or was there a particular part that you wished me to read? Not sure what your point was. Denmark, the country referenced has dropped all mandates and has decided to go back to life as normal.

According to this site, Denmark presently has a Case fatality Rate of 0.17% while the US is sitting at 1.19% and on a slight rising trend at present:
https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Here is Denmark's logic according to this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/europe/denmark-lifts-covid-re...

"At the same time as infections are skyrocketing, patients admitted to intensive care actually going down," he said. "It's around 30 people in ICU beds right now with a COVID-19 diagnosis, out of a population of 6 million."
Brostrøm said he did not think vaccine mandates were necessary.
"I do not believe in imposed vaccine mandates," he said. "It's a pharmaceutical intervention with possible side effects. You need as an authority to recognize that. I think if you push too much, you will have a reaction -- action generates reaction, especially with vaccines"

[Edited on 2-20-2022 by JDCanuck]

JDCanuck - 2-25-2022 at 09:11 AM

Am I reading this correctly and Baja has gone into green zone? Any changes on masks, gatherings, shopping, etc in La Paz? Omicron surge seems to be waning very rapidly.
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/english/

[Edited on 2-25-2022 by JDCanuck]

mtgoat666 - 2-25-2022 at 09:34 AM

https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/

[Edited on 2-27-2022 by BajaNomad]

pauldavidmena - 2-25-2022 at 04:08 PM

I'm hoping there is no pi variant, and that we're done with this plague. That said, yesterday I ordered takeout from a local restaurant here on Cape Cod and was stunned by how packed it was on a Thursday night. My wife and I have managed to remain Covid-free by reducing our risks, and for now that includes not dining indoors during winter. We made one exception for my wife's birthday in December - before Omicron reared its ugly head - and made sure we were tested before and after. The meal was delicious, and the fully masked staff made us feel very safe.

The same was true during our recent trip to Todos Santos. Mask compliance was 100% - even landscapers working outdoors - and with most restaurants offering outdoor seating, we felt very safe. Our only angst occurred back in the U.S., where the occasional traveller ignored the ubiquitous signs in airports and decided it didn't pertain to them.

[Edited on 2-26-2022 by pauldavidmena]

gnukid - 2-25-2022 at 05:45 PM

Yeah the masked people at restaurants are the best. They only drop the mask between occasional bites.

gnukid - 2-25-2022 at 05:47 PM

I respect people that wear a mask to enter the lobby, then drop it to sit a table, then put it on to order, then drop to have a drink, then put it on to talk their significant other, then drop it for ice cream, only drop the mask every moment when they put food in tenor moth but cover it when they chew, please.

JZ - 2-25-2022 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
I'm hoping there is no pi variant, and that we're done with this plague. That said, yesterday I ordered takeout from a local restaurant here on Cape Cod and was stunned by how packed it was on a Thursday night. My wife and I have managed to remain Covid-free by reducing our risks, and for now that includes not dining indoors during winter. We made one exception for my wife's birthday in December - before Omicron reared its ugly head - and made sure we were tested before and after. The meal was delicious, and the fully masked staff made us feel very safe.

The same was true during our recent trip to Todos Santos. Mask compliance was 100% - even landscapers working outdoors - and with most restaurants offering outdoor seating, we felt very safe. Our only angst occurred back in the U.S., where the occasional travel ignored the ubiquitous signs in airports and decided it didn't pertain to them.

The 85 yo Queen just got it and only had cold like symptoms.

I think it's safe for you to start living life again.

JDCanuck - 2-25-2022 at 06:47 PM

If I do come across the occasional person who is not wearing a mask indoors, I assume they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing one. I have the choice of giving them a very wide berth.

That said, why would I be overly concerned about a virus that's now as deadly as the flu? Its been well discussed the vast majority don't even know they have it and the Scientists tell us only 20-35% show symptoms at all.

JZ - 2-25-2022 at 07:31 PM

If I do come across the occasional person who is not wearing a mask indoors, I assume they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing one.

The US is a lot different. And varies greatly by state and even from county to county.

FL has been mask optional for 1.5yrs.

San Diego and Ventura Counties in CA were mask optional most of last Fall. They are again now. We went to a big trade show in SD last week and only a 3rd were wearing masks.

LA County has been the worst. But finally ppl are saying screw in and not bothering to wear one regardless what it says on the door.

Went to a Rams game in Oct. They said outside the stadium 50 times to wear a mask. Inside hardly anyone did. Same for the Rose Bowl in January.

It's just pitiful what they have done making kids wear masks for 8 hrs a day. When the science clearly says that is the wrong thing to do.

The at risk should be wear masks. And not any mask, anN85 mask. Cloth masks are absolutely worthless and surgical masks are only a bit better.

Lee - 2-25-2022 at 09:10 PM

It's just pitiful what they have done making kids wear masks for 8 hrs a day. When the science clearly says that is the wrong thing to do.

The at risk should be wear masks. And not any mask, anN85 mask. Cloth masks are absolutely worthless and surgical masks are only a bit better.

What's pitiful? The number of people who think they are qualified to make medical decisions. These ignorants also think they are qualified to make decisions for other people.

Science clearly says it's wrong for kids to be wearing masks? Just more disinformation from bogus sources.

JZ is qualified to make bogus statements here. Like Paul and others.

RFClark - 2-25-2022 at 09:25 PM

Lee,

Watching CNN or MSNBC makes you “qualified”? It seems that “qualified” equals “agrees with you”!

JZ - 2-25-2022 at 10:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

What's pitiful? The number of people who think they are qualified to make medical decisions. These ignorants also think they are qualified to make decisions for other people.

Science clearly says it's wrong for kids to be wearing masks? Just more disinformation from bogus sources.

Lee, you really need to do some research. There are all kinds of reports out from reputable sources that say kids developmental growth has been stunted and their learning set back. Facial expressions are much more important than you think. Especially, when young minds are developing.

And the science clearly says the extreme majority of kids aren't at risk of significant illness from Covid.

The risk-benefit of kids wearing masks vs. not wearing masks heavily leans one way.

The problem is powerful teachers' unions were allowed to influence CDC guidelines. And that is a fact, as direct correspondence between the groups was leaked by whistle blowers and acknowledged as true by the CDC.

[Edited on 2-26-2022 by JZ]

JZ - 2-25-2022 at 10:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

I hope you didn't understand Lee's statement to imply that JZ's, Paul's and others' statements are credible?

You did see the word "bogus", right? I suspect you're on the same page without even realizing it. ;)

You are confused on what he meant. He meant Lee watches too much CNN.

mtgoat666 - 2-26-2022 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Lee, you really need to do some research. There are all kinds of reports out from reputable sources that say kids developmental growth has been stunted and their learning set back. Facial expressions are much more important than you think. Especially, when young minds are developing.

And the science clearly says the extreme majority of kids aren't at risk of significant illness from Covid.

The risk-benefit of kids wearing masks vs. not wearing masks heavily leans one way.

The problem is powerful teachers' unions were allowed to influence CDC guidelines. And that is a fact, as direct correspondence between the groups was leaked by whistle blowers and acknowledged as true by the CDC.

[Edited on 2-26-2022 by JZ]

Show us the science! Don’t believe your argument without peer reviewed science.

You know what is really bad for kids?
Guns.
Poverty.
Bad parenting.
Drugs.
Pollution.
Bad nutrition.
Over-use of technology.

RFClark - 2-26-2022 at 07:54 AM

Goat,

You left Government off of your list of what’s bad for kids and adults too!

pacificobob - 2-26-2022 at 08:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Goat,

Oh my! An anarchist!

Well said goat. I couldn't agree more. Those who cite the welfare of children when promoting their narcissistic agenda are only fooling the ignorant.

mtgoat666 - 2-26-2022 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Goat,

Oh my! An anarchist!

Well said goat. I couldn't agree more. Those who cite the welfare of children when promoting their narcissistic agenda are only fooling the ignorant.

Modern examples of anarchy don’t look too healthy for children…

RFClark - 2-26-2022 at 08:36 AM

Guys,

Never said I was an Anarchist! I said government (too much!) can be bad for you like salt (too much!) is bad for you. A small amount of both is necessary!

We could have a very long discussion on how much of either is enough. Locke would be a good start! Thoreau as well!

[Edited on 2-26-2022 by RFClark]

Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  15