BajaNomad

BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  15

Alm - 8-4-2021 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
You can do it all you want. It's your choice [to vaccinate and/or wear a mask].

Such a naivety. Your choice may and will be restricted when interests of the society demand so. Democracy is the power of the majority, not a free for all.

[Edited on 8-4-2021 by Alm]

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  

Another poster had stated he had never heard of that and asked for sources.

[Edited on 8-4-2021 by JDCanuck]

I did not say I did not hear of that.

I simply asked for your source for the claim "many Canadians
went to USA for vaccines" and also said I did not know of any Canadian going to the USA for a vaccine shot. Your use of word "many" is misleading.

I am not sure what your agenda is on this topic.

Unscheduled drop-in vaccination sights have been operating in BC for the past few weeks....so not sure why folks think they need to go to USA when Canada is overflowing with vaccines.

[Edited on 8-4-2021 by motoged]

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 09:36 AM

I think it is disgusting she is being ostracized and attacked by people she previously believed were friends because she is following her doctors advice. Is this the way a truly "liberal, tolerant, compassionate "society acts in times of crisis?

[Edited on 8-4-2021 by JDCanuck]

Are you talking about a society or a small group of folks?

Alm - 8-4-2021 at 10:01 AM

the posts were about people who were unable to actually get the vaccines until very recently so were traveling to the US where they had excesses and getting them there at significant expenses. Until very recently on top of the costs of travel, it cost 3 days stay at around $1000 in a selected quarantine Hotel, then 11 days quarantine at a site (usually a cheaper hotel)selected by the traveler, and three expensive tests costing about another $900. My daughter just go back from flying down and getting hers in Utah 2 weeks ago

Blame Canadian government who failed to procure any vaccine until March and have been unable to manufacture it in Canada. They fell behind many 3rd world countries when it came to vaccination. As we are heading into the 3rd year of the pandemic, I wonder whether they have learned the lesson.

gnukid - 8-4-2021 at 10:04 AM

Legal Case In Alberta Ends Covid Restrictions and Isolation Due To Lack of SARS2 Evidence of Isolation of Unique Virus

As cases surge, Alberta removes isolation requirements for COVID-19 close contacts
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/live-at-330-p-m-dr...

'Alberta is throwing out public health measures’: Canada’s doctors baffled after province aims to drop COVID-19 masking, isolation
https://news.yahoo.com/alberta-covid-19-rules-mask-isolation...

Legal challenge launched against Alberta's COVID-19 restrictions
https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2020/12/07/legal-challenge-laun...

Justice Centre takes Alberta to court to end lockdowns
https://www.jccf.ca/justice-centre-takes-alberta-to-court-to...

E7ajnCRXMAEQKV5.png - 57kB

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 10:11 AM

Alberta is not a bright light on the Canadian political front.

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 10:20 AM

As for society in general, I notice growing confrontational anger at those that do not share our opinions, including personal attacks here on this site. Last words from me as I no longer wish to be included in it.

I agree that there appears to be dissention between belief systems.... not a new sociological phenomena, but I think the issue is a global one and that there is a reckoning going on with societies around the globe.

The vocal battles are a function of the stress and uncertainty created by paradigm shifts...people voicing their stance is a need for attempts at gaining certainty, predictability, and assurance they know what's going on....

BN is a microcosmic reflection of these processes.

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 12:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
the posts were about people who were unable to actually get the vaccines until very recently so were traveling to the US where they had excesses and getting them there at significant expenses. Until very recently on top of the costs of travel, it cost 3 days stay at around $1000 in a selected quarantine Hotel, then 11 days quarantine at a site (usually a cheaper hotel)selected by the traveler, and three expensive tests costing about another $900. My daughter just go back from flying down and getting hers in Utah 2 weeks ago

Blame Canadian government who failed to procure any vaccine until March and have been unable to manufacture it in Canada. They fell behind many 3rd world countries when it came to vaccination. As we are heading into the 3rd year of the pandemic, I wonder whether they have learned the lesson.

"The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today (July 27/21) announced that with its most recent shipment, Canada has now received more than 66 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines – enough to fully vaccinate every eligible person in Canada – two months ahead of the original goal of September.

This milestone in the largest immunization campaign in Canada’s history is the result of a proactive procurement approach, focused on building a diverse vaccine portfolio. As vaccines were authorized by Health Canada, the government remained engaged with vaccine suppliers to speed up delivery schedules and get as many doses into the country as quickly as possible. Canada continues to be a world leader in vaccination rates, with over 80 per cent of eligible people in the country vaccinated with their first dose and approximately 64 per cent fully vaccinated.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2021/07/27/canada-reaches-major-vaccine-campaign-milestone

charliemanson - 8-4-2021 at 12:24 PM

Slightly of topic but relevant...
We run a laboratory in La Paz and do covid tests. Over the past 2 weeks, over 1/2 of the gringos being tested for their flights home are testing positive. Everyone of them came to Baja without getting vaccinated first! Brilliant!

Alwayss the first question after getting notice of being positive is, what do I do now since I can't fly home!? More brilliancy from idiots from the states who chose to come down here without being protected and transmitting their WILL by not getting a simple life saving shot, on our people, and no back up plan for when they can't fly back and infect their families and others because of whatever for or Hanity or Carlson has told them. Even the Idiot Governor from Florida

Don't know what happens to them after they leave the lab. They can't board a flight. Probably have no plans for housing.

My guess is these a-holes just continue to run amuck in BCS and infect us all down here. Pathetic POS“s.

PLEASE, if you are one of these antivaxers, Please don't come down here now and spread what you ignore at home. Just keep it up there where you all obviously want to keep the virus alive and well:mad:

JZ - 8-4-2021 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
...infect their families and others because of whatever....the Idiot Governor from Florida

More disinformation.

DeSantis is vaccinated - J&J. He tells ppl to get the vaccine. He tells them that its the best protection possible. And he's gone to great lengths to get it to ppl, especially seniors.

His take is the govt. isn't going to lock ppl down from working or going to school. And requiring / wearing a mask is the choice of businesses and individuals.

Stop watching so much CNN.

[Edited on 8-4-2021 by JZ]

charliemanson - 8-4-2021 at 12:50 PM

And as a follow up for the less educated...What happens here as an example is a big fat sob republican anti vaxer come down to go fishing. They sit in the cabin because its really hot and the hired crew goes and hooks a fish for them. They take a photo and claim its theirs. Or ********** others who feel its their choice not to get vaccinated and travel Baja because they don't feel like its necessary to get a vaccine in order to protect the taco stand lady and their families. Mean while they pass on their covid to the working crew who then pass it on to their unvaccinated families ( remember, we aren't vaccinated yet as we have little to go around). Grandma with HTN, diabetes and a slew of other things gets sic and takes up a hospital bed for weeks and probably dies. Mean while exposing all.

Is it that hard to figure out folks?

Sorry but I'm a little peeed about the selfish people who don't want to participate in ridding me of My Mask! I am tired of wearing this thing!

If not for everyone else, please get a vaccine or wear a mask for me:fire:

[Edited on 8-4-2021 by BajaNomad]

charliemanson - 8-4-2021 at 12:54 PM

JZ, I do watch your news source for about a 1/2 hour a day divided into small doses until I can't take it anymore. It is completely disgusting and talk about misinformation..... Go to Florida and please not here!

John Harper - 8-4-2021 at 01:20 PM

JZ, I do watch your news source for about a 1/2 hour a day divided into small doses until I can't take it anymore. It is completely disgusting and talk about misinformation..... Go to Florida and please not here!

Be careful not to get sent to the cornfield.

John

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 01:45 PM

We run a laboratory in La Paz and do covid tests. Over the past 2 weeks, over 1/2 of the gringos being tested for their flights home are testing positive. Everyone of them came to Baja without getting vaccinated first!

More disinformation.

JZ
What disinformation? Are you suggesting CM is not being honest?

Lee - 8-4-2021 at 01:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
We run a laboratory in La Paz and do covid tests. Over the past 2 weeks, over 1/2 of the gringos being tested for their flights home are testing positive. Everyone of them came to Baja without getting vaccinated first!

More disinformation.

JZ
What disinformation? Are you suggesting CM is not being honest?

Dude lives in LP. He knows what’s going on.

What I want to know. What happens to positive tested gringoes trying to fly home?

JZ - 8-4-2021 at 01:55 PM

I agree with CM's post except for the incorrect statement re DeSantis. Great first hand stuff from CM and it's troubling. Have updated my comment to clarify.

[Edited on 8-5-2021 by JZ]

motoged - 8-4-2021 at 02:00 PM

I agree with CM's post except for the incorrect statement re DeSantis. Have updated my comment.

Uh, you cleaned up your statement accusing him of providing disinformation? Your post still accuses CM of spreading disinformation

So....your blanket statement would be considered disinformation.

Clean-up on aisles j-z :lol:

A couple of questions for charliemanson....

AKgringo - 8-4-2021 at 03:01 PM

Is it correct that a negative test, or medical proof of recovery from covid19 is required for boarding a flight (a shot record is not good enough)?

Are any people with covid19 vaccinations showing up with positive test results?

Do you have any way of knowing if any of the people with positive tests have symptoms of infection?

What is your impression of the accuracy of the tests, as far as false positive, or negative results?

Thank you for sharing your first hand information!

Ateo - 8-4-2021 at 04:59 PM

That is an interesting question about what happens to gringos who test positive before flying home.

Someone in my own family tested positive for Covid on Monday and had plans to move to Minnesota tomorrow. Guess what? They’re still moving. Jumping in the uhaul with their Mom and driving to Minnesota to infect others along the way and upon arrival. Complete and utter selfishness right? Or what do you call that? Low IQ?

SFandH - 8-4-2021 at 06:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

What I want to know. What happens to positive tested gringoes trying to fly home?

Maybe they could get on a crowded bus for a 20-hour trip back to the border. :O

[Edited on 8-5-2021 by SFandH]

Ateo - 8-4-2021 at 09:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Maybe they could get on a crowded bus for a 20-hour trip back to the border. :O

[Edited on 8-5-2021 by SFandH]

Ohhhhhh nooooooo. I hadn't thought of that option yet!!

maspacificoII - 8-5-2021 at 05:25 AM

Or, get on a Volaris flight to TJ and walk across. No test.

eastmeetswest - 8-5-2021 at 08:14 AM

Unless they are Canadian? Then they still need a test at the border.

Lee - 8-5-2021 at 02:21 PM

Do you all know the NYT's took hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Chinese government in 2020 to place favorable Chinese stories? It has since deleted all those stories from its archives. Something it never does going back a hundred plus years.
[Edited on 8-5-2021 by JZ]

That may or may not be true. Why are you posting this? You keep posting BS political nonsense and some here respond. It’s bait and you’re trolling.

“99.9% of republicans are vaccinated.” You wrote that. I’m paraphrasing. Zero credibility. Stop whining.

ligui - 8-6-2021 at 05:58 AM

David was really sorry to read your post about the govt creating panic and hysteria to gain more power money.

Maybe you should read more about the big lie and help fund the former president so he can clear things up.

Remember he is the one who said this would just go away

I thought you had more sense . I am disappointed.

Skipjack Joe - 8-6-2021 at 05:23 PM

Many unvaccinated are dying and regretting their decisions:

https://www.montgomerynews.com/around_the_web/national_news/gop-official-who-mocked-masks-and-vaccine-dies-from-virus/video_578725f7-c652-5a01-b5ee-67 f016e64cdf.html

ligui - 8-6-2021 at 06:25 PM

:bounce: ND Canuck ,Purdue right on:bounce:

tioloco :light: your light bulb seems a little dim.

Everybody get the shot wear a mask for a little while . Stop the whiining. And we can get over this.

Turn to to the next page please

Viva Baja.

SFandH - 8-9-2021 at 10:22 AM

9 Aug 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Compare last August (pre-vax, pre-delta) to this August (vax ongoing, delta). I wonder what the numbers would be like today without the vaccines.

Data Sources:

BC - Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 10.19.29 AM.png - 90kB

[Edited on 8-9-2021 by SFandH]

pauldavidmena - 8-10-2021 at 07:35 AM

9 Aug 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

[Edited on 8-9-2021 by SFandH]

Returning to the original topic is the perfect way to stop a thread in its tracks!

SFandH - 8-12-2021 at 08:41 AM

Good news for Mexico!

"US offers to send 8.5 million more doses of vaccine"

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/us-to-send-8-5-...

Alm - 8-12-2021 at 09:47 AM

8.5 mln doses will fully vaccinate 3% of Mexico population. A little help, yes.

Speed is the factor. By the time they will have vaccinated 70% of population, those vaccinated in February and March will have lost the immunity, so you're back to square one. They need much more vaccine - and fast.

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by Alm]

charliemanson - 8-12-2021 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Is it correct that a negative test, or medical proof of recovery from covid19 is required for boarding a flight (a shot record is not good enough)?

Are any people with covid19 vaccinations showing up with positive test results?

Do you have any way of knowing if any of the people with positive tests have symptoms of infection?

What is your impression of the accuracy of the tests, as far as false positive, or negative results?

Thank you for sharing your first hand information!

Been off grid for a while traveling the pacific side where people in small towns are all wearing masks and are frankly scarred of covid, unlike Pubs in the states.

Nobody has been tested positive that has had a vaccine.

People are asked the typical questions before getting a test and if they report they do have symptoms, they are immediately referred to the health dept. Most people tested are for flights, and we completely expect them to lie as all are gringos who are not known for their honesty.

We do not know of false positives, or negatives as all positives are reported, by law, to the health dept. There are many tests available down here, and many are bogus. fortunately my wife's lab is the most respected lab and does not cut corners in any way and has true testing materials .

Hope is all good with everyone and PLEASE wear a friction mask....its not that hard to do.

SFandH - 8-13-2021 at 08:50 AM

Well, yeah, it won't do much to quash the virus. But another way to look at it is 8.5 million doses will protect 90% or so of 4.25 million people from perhaps getting seriously ill and dying from COVID infections.

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by SFandH]

Why Breakthroughs aren't fatal

Skipjack Joe - 8-13-2021 at 10:23 AM

"According to Graham, a person becomes severely ill when the virus enters the lungs, and that is exactly where the vaccines offer up their most protective barrier. You see, the vaccines trigger the creation of immunoglobulins, which are proteins that function as antibodies. The main one generated by the vaccines is immunoglobulin G (IgG) which easily moves from the blood into the lower airways (the lungs) where it can block the virus. The level of IgG in blood needed to penetrate the tissues of the upper airways (the nose and throat) is much higher and that is why it is more difficult to block the virus from growing in the nose."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/12/health/breakthrough-infection-covid-vaccine-misleading/index.html

Another useful site for BCS

JDCanuck - 8-13-2021 at 10:34 AM

Located this site recently for a bit more info on how conditions are trending:
http://www.bajainsider.com/article/covid-19-information-rest...
Trend seems to be general improvement since early July for BCS in general

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by JDCanuck]

SFandH - 8-13-2021 at 10:54 AM

Located this site recently for a bit more info on how conditions are trending:

Interesting data. Much of it came from here:

https://sites.google.com/view/rpcov19mx

JDCanuck - 8-13-2021 at 01:52 PM

Well, yeah, it won't do much to quash the virus. But another way to look at it is 8.5 million doses will protect 90% or so of 4.25 million people from perhaps getting seriously ill and dying from COVID infections.

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by SFandH]

I think if we prioritized those who had not developed natural antibodies through contracting the virus and recovering, we could get to a far more resistant state much faster. Then use remaining vaccines for the previously recovered. Since latest studies show the delta breaking through the vaccines at about the same rate as people who've recovered
this seems to make the most sense. Canada has based it's returning to Canada conditions on this standard.

SFandH - 8-13-2021 at 04:35 PM

When you think about it, rationing vaccines is a complicated proposition. For example, Tijuana, Mexicali, and Ensenada are currently offering vaccines to pregnant women and other adults who have already had one shot........only.

JDCanuck - 8-13-2021 at 05:13 PM

As we were very late getting our vaccines here, we stretched out the time interval between 1st and 2nd doses to about double the recommended by Pfizer. This way we got the maximum protection for the populace as a whole. Seemed to work very well as the new cases fell off very rapidly and we have yet to see a major increase in hospitalizations and fatalities, and also a very high voluntary acceptance rate. It seems BC Mexico is following a similar track:

July 29, 2021 The numbers are down, but only slightly and deaths per day are still near some of the hjighest levels in the state, But the Secretary of Health claims that 80% of the adult population of the state has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, as efforts to administer the vaccine are nearing completion. There as of yet be no mention of where those who missed out will be able to receive the vaccine after the federal program is exhausted.

[Edited on 8-14-2021 by JDCanuck]

JDCanuck - 8-13-2021 at 05:29 PM

2 separate studies in recovered people (1 in Israel and one in UK) show between less than 1% and 4.5% breakthrough whereas breakthrough in double vaccinated persons shows breakthrough of 62% from delta in Israel and under 10% so far in UK. Israel was vaccinated earliest and is already doing the third booster vax.

gnukid - 8-14-2021 at 07:33 AM

La Paz / Los Cabos reduce semaforo to level 4

Capacity % increased, alcohol sales extended

Playas are open, Malecon is open, alcohol sales, gyms etc are open

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/aumenta-el-aforo-permitido-en-pla...

Note: Morbid obsessed acerbic Nomads remain excluded from parties and social events or posting on internet

[Edited on 8-14-2021 by gnukid]

gnukid - 8-14-2021 at 11:19 AM

Here in this thread we have a huge amount of sourced reporting from a variety of data sources that demonstrate the delusion of progressive liberal blind faith, yet they persist, in defiant ignorance.

There is no test for SARS2 COVID19-tests produce false positives/negatives and can not identify SARS2.

Never has a case of SARS2 COVID19 been identified in a patient and isolated as required by Kochs postulates, no isolation exists anywhere in the world of SARS2 COVID19 in a person or lab.

There was financial incentivization to amplify cases/deaths and encourage intubations that caused higher deaths. After hospitalization, patients were assumed covid, all deaths labeled covid etc.

CDC/WHO colluded to monetize a computer model of SARS2 based on more than 20 years of computer models and patent filings that were declined since you can not patent natural occurrence, yet, CDC persisted and patented SARS2 virus and vaccines prior to any case.

Many financial transactions occurred prior to 2020 to order (fake) PCR tests kits, vaccines, and contracts were singed well in advance

World Economic Forum, WHO, CDC, Davos stated there goal to achieve Global Reset to globalize and control, through surveillance, contact tracing, restrictions, and severe harm to physical, financial and mental health.

Each week, significant injuries and deaths occur from combination of poor medical care, injury and deaths from synthetic RNA insertion to produce toxic spike proteins, and toxic lipid nano particles with graphene in cells, organs, and organs.

Alm - 8-14-2021 at 11:54 AM

2 separate studies in recovered people (1 in Israel and one in UK) show between less than 1% and 4.5% breakthrough whereas breakthrough in double vaccinated persons shows breakthrough of 62% from delta in Israel and under 10% so far in UK.

There was also a study in Minnesota. In vaccinated Phizer was ~42% effective against infection (i.e. 58% breakthrough), Moderna was 76% effective. Both were highly effective against hospitalization and death (no deaths among vaccinated).

The UK study showed better numbers, 75% after Phizer and 88% after Astrazeneca.

[Edited on 8-14-2021 by Alm]

ligui - 8-14-2021 at 11:55 AM

Love the photo of the beach crowd. On the site you posted gnukid

one guy. ;):lol:

JDCanuck - 8-14-2021 at 01:26 PM

2 separate studies in recovered people (1 in Israel and one in UK) show between less than 1% and 4.5% breakthrough whereas breakthrough in double vaccinated persons shows breakthrough of 62% from delta in Israel and under 10% so far in UK.

There was also a study in Minnesota. In vaccinated Phizer was ~42% effective against infection (i.e. 58% breakthrough), Moderna was 76% effective. Both were highly effective against hospitalization and death (no deaths among vaccinated).

The UK study showed better numbers, 75% after Phizer and 88% after Astrazeneca.

[Edited on 8-14-2021 by Alm]

So this all makes me wonder why documented recovered persons are not allowed to travel internationally unless they have the 2 vaccines when they have far far less chance of breakthrough or hospitalization.

charliemanson - 8-17-2021 at 05:31 PM

UPDATE on positive Covid testing here in La Paz.( at least in our lab) but can be extrapolated for the masses elsewhere

Seems to have hit a level as far as gringos testing positive before flying home. Last week only 5 out of 35 tested positive and all had no vaccines. Local Mexican population was much higher (thanks y“all) No idea on what happened to them after the health dept was informed as that is way beyond our responsibility for mature adults to hold their hand through the process...hope they are well and respect us here and just maybe put a mask on while here!

JZ a little follow up on your “watching to much CNN“... I have been watching all the stuff going on in the Middle East and it is bad. But not ONE reporter is there from FOX or Newsmaxx that you only believe in. What is funny is the Fox actually shows CNN“s reporting there (being they have nobody there) and reports on that.... Just where does your news source get its information?

Wondering how the ultra right people get their information when their info sites don't have the balls to even go.

How is Florida and the end of the Pubes party going. Last I checked fox didn't even mention The Governor of Texas testing pos.

Just wear a mask Y“all!

JDCanuck - 8-17-2021 at 07:54 PM

Just came across this post of a new treatment ( a bit older news) from Johns Hopkins for those that suffer breakthrough of vax's and with higher risks

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/antibody-c-cktail-answer-uncom...

A bit of hopeful news to go with the breakthrough not so good news

[Edited on 8-18-2021 by JDCanuck]

JZ - 8-18-2021 at 04:36 PM

Not sure if I ever stated a racist comment. Maybe hit a nerve with someone who looked in the mirror?

Not sure how Desantos is going to be the guy sending million of kids to school without masks, with no hospital beds available is going to do anybody any good unless they do wear a white hood, and can barley breath. Surely is not showing much leadership as I see it, but hey, I am a republican. But Fox doesn't mention this as I have noticed. Hence the term “ignorant Foxites“

So JZ, what is your take on wearing shoes in restaurants? I do without any problem even though it takes away my personal freedom.

What about driving intoxicated ? Why can't I?....maybe kill someone? Hey, isn't it my personal freedom to do so? F all the people I could hurt...Is that your stance?

Personally I hate seat belts, but wear one because why?.....JZ. come on now, are you starting to see the light?

Though so!

Why not just comply with what is good for all people and do the right thing. Really not that hard unless you are a self centered and absorbed type, which I think you have been called on this board.

By the way CM was the best dang guard dog I ever had... Problem with that as well?

Now go put on a mask and answer me those questions above as I am sure others may be interested in your thoughts

I wear a mask everywhere I'm asked to. I am vaccinated.

I disagree strongly with making young children wear masks.

The govt. has produced zero data that they are helpful at limiting Covid spread with young kids. We do know they are very harmful to children's development.

[Edited on 8-18-2021 by JZ]

SFandH - 8-19-2021 at 10:35 AM

19 Aug 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Significant decrease in BCS.

Data Sources:

BC - Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

Screenshot 2021-08-19 10.32.07 AM.png - 94kB

JDCanuck - 8-19-2021 at 01:26 PM

La Paz and Cabo drop to level 3 on stoplight

gnukid - 8-19-2021 at 08:08 PM

As with every flu like illness, infection leads to very low risk and the development of the strongest immunity available.

CV injections do not reduce infection nor transmission, nor severe symptoms but may reduce some symptoms..., according to the studies for Emergency Authorization Use provided by manufacturers used in USA, today.

Moderna and Pfizer are not based on a sample of actual virus taken from someone infected, they are synthesized chymeric genetic RNA based on imagined computer models before anyone was identified with covid, the shots are injected into your arm and into your cells to insert into DNA to RNA transcription, they are covered in lipids, nanoparticles of graphene and other particles to masquerade entry past your immune system.

The Moderna and Pfizer injection of genetic modification product is designed to cause your body to hyper-produce spike protein toxins that are normally associated to viral expression, but the hyper production is throughout the body and has no stopping point, which has caused heart and brain thrombosis, clotting, inflammation, injury and death.

JDCanuck - 8-20-2021 at 01:22 PM

4th wave surge occurring up here as well. More than 1/2 of all cases historically now under age 30 and falling. Extremely high vaccination rates(higher than CA) is not protecting the under 30 crowd especially those who refused the vaccinations. But yeah, if they survive, they will be better protected than us elderly people with even 3 vaccinations.
Perhaps this is the only way we ever get out of this.
The positive is: case fatalities continue to decline as we have only had 1 fatality in over 6 weeks

[Edited on 8-20-2021 by JDCanuck]

JDCanuck - 8-20-2021 at 07:23 PM

Pretty sure everyone knows this already, but just in case, here it is:

https://news.yahoo.com/us-extends-border-restrictions-mexico...

Relates to the subject of the thread, i think, but man...what a list of countries excluded from traveling to US at all. Appears like we will have to forgo any plans of driving down and fly to Mexico direct instead.

[Edited on 8-21-2021 by JDCanuck]

[Edited on 8-21-2021 by JDCanuck]

gnukid - 8-21-2021 at 08:19 PM

La Paz Y Los Cabos Nivel Semaforo 3
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/niveles-semaforo/

If this isn't clear, ask the Baja Nomad Covid Crew, Ged, Goat,

Actividades económicas no esenciales permitidas
Músicos y cantantes (no en conciertos ni en fiestas) 3
Venta al por menor de artículos usados (segundas) 3
Actividades recreativas y socioculturales permitidas
Escuelas de deportes, idiomas y similares 3
Clubes y talleres de arte 3
Torneos deportivos (en todas sus modalidades) 3
Carreras de vehículos motorizados 3
Carreras de caballo 3
Peleas de gallo 3
Conciertos y espectáculos 3
Apertura total del malecón costero de La Paz, con uso obligatorio de cubrebocas 3

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 09:26 AM

Thanks for all the info on the Baja Covid conditions available in here.
We have abandoned the plan of driving through the US as latest info indicates US borders will remain closed for a long time yet. Flying as direct as possible and missing any US exposure altogether.
Baja on the other hand seems to be on an increasingly positive trend right now.

John Harper - 8-22-2021 at 09:35 AM

This is going to keep flaring up one place or another for a long time, pretty clear from the evidence already. Whenever you decide to go, it's still a crapshoot. Just take the best precautions you can and have a safe trip.

John

Mr. Bills - 8-22-2021 at 09:39 AM

We have abandoned the plan of driving through the US as latest info indicates US borders will remain closed for a long time yet. Flying as direct as possible and missing any US exposure altogether.

I have been closely watching the Covid-19 statistics in Mexico, but not necessarily Baja as my immediate travel plans are to reside in central Mexico during autumn. I would hesitate to characterize the current trend in any region as "positive." Hopefully the situation will improve as more are vaccinated.

This link may be helpful:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/mexico/

JZ - 8-22-2021 at 09:45 AM

We are flying down in a few weeks. Going to spend 5 days out on the ocean well away from the crowds.

[Edited on 8-22-2021 by JZ]

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

I have been closely watching the Covid-19 statistics in Mexico, but not necessarily Baja as my immediate travel plans are to reside in central Mexico during autumn. I would hesitate to characterize the current trend in any region as "positive." Hopefully the situation will improve as more are vaccinated.

This link may be helpful:

I did see deteriorating conditions in the whole pacific stripdown the Pacific Coast as well as Mexico City. Baja is the only area i noticed moving to more positive conditions, perhaps because they are leading in vaccinations. We'll be extremely careful in any case, but it's been 18 months since we have been able to view the home we have been having built and think it's necessary to see it in person before handing over the final payments. I don't think we ourselves can be in any better protected condition than we are right now with recent full vaccination.

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 11:14 AM

Safest place in the world to travel to right now seems to be Sweden, the place everyone was bashing for their irresponsible management early on. Now they have among the lowest case fatality rates anyplace, and they don't seem to be rising with the latest surge in cases.

I suspect they have far more people who have recovered from this virus and have gotten far closer to "herd immunity" as their vaccination rates are still below ours and their mask wearing regulations are also lower.

John Harper - 8-22-2021 at 11:18 AM

It does not look like anyone has all the answers to this in almost two years now. Who knows how long this will persist, perhaps forever.

John

Stickers - 8-22-2021 at 12:25 PM

Safest place in the world to travel to right now seems to be Sweden, the place everyone was bashing for their irresponsible management early on. Now they have among the lowest case fatality rates anyplace, and they don't seem to be rising with the latest surge in cases.

I suspect they have far more people who have recovered from this virus and have gotten far closer to "herd immunity" as their vaccination rates are still below ours and their mask wearing regulations are also lower.

Sweden has almost the same death rate as U.S. Their population about 10,000,000 and about 15,000 COVID deaths

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 12:45 PM

Using your figures .15 percent in Sweden, well below the US cumulative rate, but for the past month or two out of 10 million people and surging cases, their fatality rate remains less than 1 per day. There has to be a good reason why their RECENT case fatality rate has been so low.

SFandH - 8-22-2021 at 12:51 PM

According to the NYT's database, since the beginning of the pandemic, Sweden's death rate per 100,000 is 143 and the United States is 189.

Canada is 71 per 100K.

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 12:52 PM

But this data source shows this as total to date cumulative case fatality rates. Germany:2.4%, US 1.7% Sweden 1.3%

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

And the US has improved significantly since I last looked.

[Edited on 8-22-2021 by JDCanuck]

Mr. Bills - 8-22-2021 at 12:55 PM

Link to current Mexican federal Covid-19 semaphore map:

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/semaforo/

[Edited on 8-22-2021 by Mr. Bills]

SFandH - 8-22-2021 at 01:03 PM

But this data source shows this as total to date cumulative case fatality rates. Germany:2.4%, US 1.7% Sweden 1.3%

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

And the US has improved significantly since I last looked.

Well, you do the arithmetic to see if the percentage deaths per total number of cases are equal to the absolute number per 100,000 cases.

Of course, death rates are going down. Therapeutics are better and I bet many currently sick people have stronger immune systems, therefore less sick, because of prior exposure and/or partial/full vaccinations, or because they are younger.

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 01:08 PM

Hi Bill: Ive been using this more localized source and La Paz and Cabo, the places we will be flying into in 3 weeks recently went from level 5 to level 3. If the trend continues in the present direction I expect level 2 or 1 by the time we arrive and settle in.

JDCanuck - 8-22-2021 at 01:12 PM

Well, you do the arithmetic to see if the percentage deaths per total number of cases are equal to the absolute number per 100,000 cases.

Of course, death rates are going down. Therapeutics are better and I bet many currently sick people have stronger immune systems, therefore less sick, because of prior exposure and/or partial/full vaccinations, or because they are younger.[/rquote]

Yes, all that combined is (far too slowly for most) taking us out of this tunnel.
The challenge is deciding at what point we can reasonably begin relaxing costly restrictions and lock downs

And I do prefer using the Johns Hopkins data sets as they use the same standards from all the various sources they get fed from with zero bias applied. Then they feed that data to various states' health authorities

Mr. Bills - 8-22-2021 at 01:22 PM

Hi Bill: Ive been using this more localized source and La Paz and Cabo, the places we will be flying into in 3 weeks recently went from level 5 to level 3. If the trend continues in the present direction I expect level 2 or 1 by the time we arrive and settle in.

Very useful link for Baja, thank you.

JZ - 8-22-2021 at 01:44 PM

Thanks for sharing.

JDCanuck - 8-24-2021 at 05:46 PM

Any updates on the Covid cases either in Baja, Mexico or the US? Thread seems to have died suddenly. Does this mean conditions in those areas are improving? xxxxxxxxxxxx

[Edited on 8-25-2021 by BajaNomad]

JDCanuck - 8-24-2021 at 06:46 PM

Mexico's case fatality rate still extremely high at right around 9 percent. Not a good time to be taking any side trips.

Purdyd - 8-24-2021 at 07:02 PM

Unfortunately deaths lag cases as we have seen but hopefully since there is a large percentage of the people over 65 vaccinated and better treatments, we should see a lot less people die.

The cases seemed to have peaked out and Missouri is already on the way down which was sort of an epicenter in the USA.

From the numbers presented here baja sur has peaked too.

There is some hope this could be the last big peak given vaccinations and immunity for those that have caught and recovered from the disease.

Fingers crossed.

JDCanuck - 8-24-2021 at 07:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  
Unfortunately deaths lag cases as we have seen but hopefully since there is a large percentage of the people over 65 vaccinated and better treatments, we should see a lot less people die.

The cases seemed to have peaked out and Missouri is already on the way down which was sort of an epicenter in the USA.

From the numbers presented here baja sur has peaked too.

There is some hope this could be the last big peak given vaccinations and immunity for those that have caught and recovered from the disease.

Fingers crossed.

Yes, same here, but we have been through this cycle so many times now you are almost afraid to hope.

JZ - 8-24-2021 at 07:35 PM

Some signs that Delta may have peaked.

This site shows Effective Reproduction number by state. Number >1 means the virus is spreading, <1 it is contracting.

Pretty much all of the Southern states, which were the early Delta hotspots, are now <1. Other regions should follow. Hopefully a steep decline in cases is coming.

https://covidestim.org/

JDCanuck - 8-24-2021 at 08:26 PM

This site shows Effective Reproduction number by state. Number >1 means the virus is spreading, <1 it is contracting.

Pretty much all of the Southern states, which were the early Delta hotspots, are now <1. Other regions should follow. Hopefully a steep decline in cases is coming.

Thanks Jz: Thats a pretty interesting site. The one thing I never saw before was the number indicating the estimated percentage of previously infected people. Our area is extremely low on this scale, and this IMHO leaves us far more susceptible to future surges. Florida is over 55% which is awfully close to herd immunity predictions. Combined with the high vaccination rates, perhaps it is time to be more hopeful that this indeed is the final surge.

gnukid - 8-24-2021 at 09:21 PM

Testing of workers is increasingly required, while the test used remains the faulty PCR RT (although CDC admits it is faulty) because the test has high false positive and no ability to confirm covid19 versus any other pathogen, such as common cold, so, case numbers are rising, fraudulently.

Health care workers are tested at bi weekly intervals and "false positives" require quarantine.

Inside health care, it is well communicated, there is no more managed health care, procedures are being cancelled for no given reason, there is no more elective care. Workers are being sent home, while less qualified workers are manning testing and vaccination sites.

In California, major health care providers, such as Kaiser, are saying you can not enter the hospital or office without a current test, you must be tested prior to entering and be negative, positive results must isolate and trigger cell contact tracing meaning any false positive prompts all contacts in physical proximity to be tested.

Still, to date, there has never been demonstrated evidence of covid19 isolated to prove existence, covid19 is a lab model uploaded before covid19 was reported or before any case was identified, while certainly respiratory illness exists.

Vaccines are creating hyper production of spike protein based on computer models prior to 2020, not on any actual illness of virus found in a patient.

Today, vaccines are creating breakthrough of strains which are causing weakness of overall immune response while creating competition in immune systems, resulting in high viral load in vaccinated.

Infected and recuperated remain the only healthy immune systems while vaccinated make up the scores of severe illness, and injection side affects resulting in heart problems, stroke neurological issues, injury and death.

Today there are reported more tan 1 million injured by the vaccines reported in EU, half a million in USA and more in UK yellow card reporting.

These CV vaccine injuries and deaths reported represent a fraction of the whole number, meaning numbers of injures and deaths are much higher, in they many millions worldwide.

This is preplanned depopulation to reduce commitments to life insurance and retirement obligations, increase controls, launch globalization reset to make corporations the center of control.

We are at war around the world, globalists against individuals.

All well planned, broadcasted, executed, and while clearly fraudulent, senior populations especially are quick to give up freedom, our way of life, complying with globalists, while demanding all other citizens give up liberty and freedom as well for totalitarian control and tyranny, early death, depopulation, with intentional harm to our immune systems.

[Edited on 8-25-2021 by gnukid]

Lee - 8-25-2021 at 09:47 AM

You'll advise us when to burn our masks?

JDCanuck - 8-25-2021 at 10:18 AM

You'll advise us when to burn our masks?[/rquote]

You could always keep your masks for the dusty roads and storms, why burn them? Going to be a whole lot of discarded masks out there to clean up.

JZ - 8-25-2021 at 10:21 AM

Handy to wipe your butt in an emergency too.

motoged - 8-25-2021 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

.... All well planned, broadcasted, executed, and while clearly fraudulent, senior populations especially are quick to give up freedom, our way of life, complying with globalists, while demanding all other citizens give up liberty and freedom as well for totalitarian control and tyranny, early death, depopulation, with intentional harm to our immune systems.

The biggest threat to health is this kind of thinking. Simply amazing that some folks really believe this kind of stuff. :O:?::O:?:

gnukid - 8-25-2021 at 12:14 PM

Seniors belief that pharma will save their lives versus actually taking charge of their personal health is the biggest threat to their health.

Focus on Nutrition, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, rest and turn off the TV!

Obesity is the number one cause of poor health, but, SOME PEOPLE prefer to blame their poor health on others, which has got to be the most deranged and convoluted thinking.

motoged - 8-25-2021 at 01:18 PM

Some nuts are difficult to digest....:lol:

caj13 - 8-25-2021 at 03:52 PM

Thanks Jz: Thats a pretty interesting site. The one thing I never saw before was the number indicating the estimated percentage of previously infected people. Our area is extremely low on this scale, and this IMHO leaves us far more susceptible to future surges. Florida is over 55% which is awfully close to herd immunity predictions. Combined with the high vaccination rates, perhaps it is time to be more hopeful that this indeed is the final surge.

JD - just to put a tiny bit of science into this. the current delta varient is far more infective that previous "versions" of the virus. like 3-9X more infective. what that does is blow the number / % required to reach herd immunity sky high, like well up over the 90%. and BTW - a bit more research, turns out previous infections are providing far less effective priotection that the vaccines - so they are not very "helpfull" in reaching "herd immunity".

This really is not a difficult science or medical problem - we know the solution, get evryone vaccinated - - unfortunately peoples political agendas are stopping that, and are now killing people - including themselves - I can't understand that mentality!

Barry A. - 8-25-2021 at 04:48 PM

Caj13----------You appear to be getting your "science" from an entirely different source than I am. Could you enlighten us as to where you are getting it?

My wife (77) and I (83) have natural anti-bodies from our exposure to Covid-19 back in early Nov. of 2020 and our 14-day moderate bout with Covid. We are tested for anti-bodies every 3 months, and all have come back positive. Even tho I am a "long hauler" with medium intermittent symptoms, I have never had to go to a Doctor for other than Rx's for our "anti body tests", and advice on what to do. Currently , we are not vaccinated and unless we lose our natural anti-bodies protection are not getting jabbed with an experimental vaccine. Why would we??? It's not "political" to us, it's just common sense based on the plethora of mis-information passed on as the Gospel from numerous sources.

motoged - 8-25-2021 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

....Currently , we are not vaccinated and unless we lose our natural anti-bodies protection are not getting jabbed with an experimental vaccine. Why would we??? ......it's just common sense based on the plethora of mis-information passed on as the Gospel from numerous sources.

I have heard medical science indicate that a vaccine for folks in your "category" would significantly boost your antibody count and reduce "long-hauler" symptoms.

But common sense isn't that common, so that line is toothless.

JZ - 8-25-2021 at 05:33 PM

Caj13----------You appear to be getting your "science" from an entirely different source than I am. Could you enlighten us as to where you are getting it?

My wife (77) and I (83) have natural anti-bodies from our exposure to Covid-19 back in early Nov. of 2020 and our 14-day moderate bout with Covid. We are tested for anti-bodies every 3 months, and all have come back positive. Even tho I am a "long hauler" with medium intermittent symptoms, I have never had to go to a Doctor for other than Rx's for our "anti body tests", and advice on what to do. Currently , we are not vaccinated and unless we lose our natural anti-bodies protection are not getting jabbed with an experimental vaccine. Why would we??? It's not "political" to us, it's just common sense based on the plethora of mis-information passed on as the Gospel from numerous sources.

CV-19 is very random. I've read of ppl having it and getting mild symptoms. And then getting it again almost a year later and getting pretty sick.

I'd recommend getting the vaccine. But I respect your decision. Ultimately, it's your choice.

Barry A. - 8-25-2021 at 05:37 PM

Motoged---------I too have read and heard that, but I have also heard other conflicting opinions from very reputable sources that are too many to quote here. I try to read and listen to as many sources as I can, and then make up my own mind based on what makes the most sense to me. I do not like putting "experimental" substances into my body, so am very reluctant to just follow the prevailing stated wisdom. That is just me (and my wife who feels much more strongly about this than I do?) LOL We both spend a lot of time researching all this, especially me since I am long retired (26 years).

Barry A. - 8-25-2021 at 05:41 PM

CV-19 is very random. I've read of ppl having it and getting mild symptoms. And then getting it again almost a year later and getting pretty sick.

I'd recommend getting the vaccine. But I respect your decision. Ultimately, it's your choice.

Thanks, JZ. I much prefer "pretty sick" to having my DNA altered by experimental jabs. That is just us, of course.

JDCanuck - 8-25-2021 at 06:07 PM

In any case, since everyone's science seems to differ considerably, combining the natural antibodies(which my research tells me is 99%+ effective in preventing reoccurring cases) and the number of fully vaccinated people who we are told have 80 to 90 % protection, this brings us in total in Fla to close to 90 % protection, and I think this is why the fatality rates have fallen off so drastically. They in addition are using the post infection treatment widely to contribute even more to their presently high recovery rates. So we now have 3 levels of prevention and treatment.

JDCanuck - 8-25-2021 at 06:14 PM

If you compare the case fatality rates post delta to what the case fatality rates were pre delta i think this becomes very clear. In other words the recovery rates from confirmed cases are increasing after the appearance of Delta despite it being more deadly among non-vaccinated countries and those who had not previously recovered.

JDCanuck - 8-25-2021 at 06:23 PM

Barry, and thanks for that post, we seldom get anything from people who are working with their doctors, monitoring their antibodies strength and choosing a different path in consultation with them.

JDCanuck - 8-25-2021 at 06:43 PM

The latest actual study in Israel results comparing vaccines to natural antibodies I could find:

https://www.italy24news.com/News/133097.html

The antibodies activated during natural infection with Sars-CoV-2 would be more effective in defending against a new infection than those activated by vaccine against the Covid: this is what emerges from the data of the Israeli Ministry of Health taken from various media in the Middle Eastern country. In particular, the ministry would have observed that among the more than 7,700 new cases of Covid-19 recorded during the last wave of this spring, only 72 (or less than 1% of the total) concerned people who had previously had the disease, while almost 40% of cases (over 3 thousand patients) concerned people who were vaccinated.

This one has links to multiple studies

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/08/covid-19-natural-immunit...

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by JDCanuck]

Barry A. - 8-25-2021 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I much prefer "pretty sick" to having my DNA altered by experimental jabs. That is just us, of course.

Great post, thanks.

Question: If you had not auto-immunized before the vaccine came out (by running through the infection), you think that would have affected your attitude about getting vaccinated?

Yes, it would, and I would have been vaccinated. I am vaccinated against everything else. But my wife would have still refused the jab, and it is not wise to argue with one's wife.

JDCanuck - 8-25-2021 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I much prefer "pretty sick" to having my DNA altered by experimental jabs. That is just us, of course.

Great post, thanks.

Question: If you had not auto-immunized before the vaccine came out (by running through the infection), you think that would have affected your attitude about getting vaccinated?

Yes, it would, and I would have been vaccinated. I am vaccinated against everything else. But my wife would have still refused the jab, and it is not wise to argue with one's wife.

My wife too is very resistant to the mass of new vaccines as she has had negative results from past vaccinations. In this case tho, and as she works in Health Care still she has been given both vaccinations both by choice and now if she did not agree to she would be disallowed from working. Several of her co-workers are still unvaccinated and the excessive load the remaining ones will be under will just increase.

It's become a very disruptive discussion and I just hope for all our sakes we can put this one behind us soon.

Purdyd - 8-25-2021 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Another key finding of the study was that the immune response of those who were vaccinated was much stronger than those who have recovered from COVID-19.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-research-finds-covid-1...

Still some contradictory stuff out there and not always sure they are comparing apples to apples. Not clear which variant we are talking about etc.

Let’s hope that vaccines and those that recovered will both work.

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by Purdyd]

gnukid - 8-25-2021 at 07:46 PM

Nomads as a group, or demographic, must focus on their individual weaknesses or debility which is primarily, obesity, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, lack of physical and mental activity and too much alcohol, fat, sugar, and poor sleeping habits.

It's easy to be healthy, but, you must focus on yourself, only you have the ability to improve your immune system, through improved personal health.

It's clear there is great delusion among the group that somehow they can be obese, lazy, smoke, drink, avoid exercise and then blame their poor health on people who go out, socialize and enjoy life? Projection of poor health on others is delusional.

In psychological terms, projection, avoidance, and ignorance sadly, leads to shortened life.

Why not share what you are doing to improve your health? What changes have you made over the last year, what significant adjustments are you doing to improve prevention of respiratory illness, what have you done to reduce risk and improve your health? Share positive results?

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by gnukid]

mtgoat666 - 8-25-2021 at 09:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Nomads as a group, or demographic, must focus on their individual weaknesses or debility which is primarily, obesity, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, lack of physical and mental activity and too much alcohol, fat, sugar, and poor sleeping habits.

It's easy to be healthy, but, you must focus on yourself, only you have the ability to improve your immune system, through improved personal health.

It's clear there is great delusion among the group that somehow they can be obese, lazy, smoke, drink, avoid exercise and then blame their poor health on people who go out, socialize and enjoy life? Projection of poor health on others is delusional.

In psychological terms, projection, avoidance, and ignorance sadly, leads to shortened life.

Why not share what you are doing to improve your health? What changes have you made over the last year, what significant adjustments are you doing to improve prevention of respiratory illness, what have you done to reduce risk and improve your health? Share positive results?

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by gnukid]

Paul,
Unlike you, most nomads cannot sit around in baja in middle age, not working, spending each sailing and kite boarding, knowing that mom and dad will leave us our retirement funds! Living life childless and not needing work, most of us don’t have that golden spoon leisure; therefore, many overweight and stressed out.
Enjoy your pointless leisure, you were born to it!

gnukid - 8-26-2021 at 06:57 PM

Goat is delusional

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  15