BajaNomad

BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  15

willardguy - 9-9-2021 at 10:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hopefully this is good news, unless you enjoy the controls.
How long before they 'invent' a new variant to keep this drama going?

how long before you "invent" yet another way to embarrass yourself even more:?:

JZ - 9-9-2021 at 12:40 PM

It's about giving hope that the world is/will get back to normal.

willardguy - 9-9-2021 at 12:47 PM

hey at least we're talking again.....
https://us.yahoo.com/news/u-mexico-resume-economic-talks-191...

Tioloco - 9-9-2021 at 12:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Willard- Did you read that link? Kamala Harris is spearheading the talks about the economic recovery. That in itself is laughable considering the foreign policy decisions so far.
But I am glad some of us are out and enjoying tacos south of the border. I know I am.

motoged - 9-9-2021 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

I have been told that "Hope is the icing on the turd".

But that likely sounds scary to some... so here is a sweeter thought:

"Hope Contains Change
..... hope is an odd thing in many ways. Hope does lift our eyes and spirit to the horizon ahead, and we need to adjust our view as a year ends and a new one is ahead. Within our hope, we see better days ahead, different opportunities, fresh attitudes to use, and new actions to take.

Hope contains change. The change embraces two aspects. First, we hope the environment we live in, work in will change in more productive, more meaningful ways. Second, we consider new seeds to plant ourselves in hopes we change the way we do certain things and new talents we wish to grow. Hope means we expect change and we drive change."
https://www.thindifference.com/2013/12/year-hope-and-change/

"Back to normal" is a pretty lame term for a goal when looking around we see so many fronts of social change that are occurring at an unusual rate....difficult for many to grasp.

I believe a "new normal" is being developed although none of us really knows what that will look like as it develops.

Not adjusting to such paradigm shifts understandably leaves many wanting things to regress so they can sit in the tepid bathwater enjoying the "way it was", rather than growing into present realities.

The "fear" is the heat caused by such shifts.... it is easy to see how "back to normal" is the fear of what is actually happening and not being sure how to respond to events and situations not previously experienced.

There are a range of roadmaps out there for such adjustments.... some look at how it "was" (predictable and safe = partying and "carefree"); some accept the changes and look for ways to adapt and thrive; some become self-proclaimed experts and self-indoctrinated in their stances. All paths offer some sense of stability and security.... at least in the short term.

Wishing and hoping for change requires actual effort, or it is only a form of mental masturbation.

Change is a concept indicating things will be different, not going back to how it was.

Some criteria for "hope":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope

[Edited on 9-9-2021 by motoged]

willardguy - 9-9-2021 at 01:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Willard- Did you read that link? Kamala Harris is spearheading the talks about the economic recovery. That in itself is laughable considering the foreign policy decisions so far.
But I am glad some of us are out and enjoying tacos south of the border. I know I am.

of course I read it, like I said at least we're talking again, not building walls:yes:

Tioloco - 9-9-2021 at 01:37 PM

of course I read it, like I said at least we're talking again, not building walls:yes:

I am sure old Joe and Kamala will fix everything right up just like they knocked out the Covid virus that Trump “mishandled” so badly. Come on, man!

willardguy - 9-9-2021 at 01:53 PM

I am sure old Joe and Kamala will fix everything right up just like they knocked out the Covid virus that Trump “mishandled” so badly. Come on, man!

OMG:lol:....and the Chinese communist party owns the Biden family! you and Dave, whats wrong with you people?

Bajaboy - 9-9-2021 at 02:03 PM

God works in mysterious ways:lol: Just keep thinking positive thoughts and it will all magically get back to normal:lol::lol::lol::lol: Such simpleton thinking!

David K - 9-9-2021 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hopefully this is good news, unless you enjoy the controls.
How long before they 'invent' a new variant to keep this drama going?

how long before you "invent" yet another way to embarrass yourself even more:?:

I am a retired grandfather of 6... I am way past getting embarrassed by the childish games played here. Do you think Delta is where it ends? I don't.
I will just wait! Maybe this wait will last long enough that the sea level finally touches the palm tree! :lol:

JZ - 9-9-2021 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

God works in mysterious ways:lol: Just keep thinking positive thoughts and it will all magically get back to normal:lol::lol::lol::lol: Such simpleton thinking!

Why are you rooting for the virus? I'll never understand that mentality.

I'm vaxxed. My family is vaxxed. We are 100% back to normal.

Flying on planes, going to football games, going to Baja. Try it some time. Life is short and not meant to be spent holed up in the basement.

[Edited on 9-9-2021 by JZ]

Tioloco - 9-9-2021 at 02:38 PM

Flying on planes, going to football games, going to Baja. Try it some time. Life is short and not meant to be spent holed up in the basement.

JZ- Pedaling fear allows the grabbing of power. I am with you. Glad I have my life back to normal and am enjoying every day.

ligui - 9-9-2021 at 02:50 PM

David i just saw your reply to what I wrote. Glad you are home and have had your shot.
What don't understand is why you and others keep making this a political thing ?

It's killing people. Stop crying about the govt trying to control us. They are trying to stop fools from giving out misinformation and want us to get a shot to keep us safe and our neighbors safe.

Very simple not political

Tioloco - 9-9-2021 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
David i just saw your reply to what I wrote. Glad you are home and have had your shot.
What don't understand is why you and others keep making this a political thing ?

It's killing people. Stop crying about the govt trying to control us. They are trying to stop fools from giving out misinformation and want us to get a shot to keep us safe and our neighbors safe.

Ligui- Having been vaccinated myself, I must point out that Dr Fauci has made many dishonest statements which have fueled the distrust for the process. To call those that are skeptical “fools” is not a very intellectually honest viewpoint. I dont see people “crying” about the government controlling them. If you have read history you will remember why the USA exists in the first place. Blind trust of government mandates is the only foolish thing in this thread.

JZ - 9-9-2021 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  

This is an extremely naive rant. Of course it is political. The MSM made it political from day one.

SFandH - 9-9-2021 at 03:20 PM

John- Your age is apparently inhibiting your ability to remain open minded and objective. Or your lack of understanding is a reflection of your being a public employee for life. Just doing what you are told, perhaps.

Isn't John a teacher? Did you just insult a teacher for the work he does?

[Edited on 9-9-2021 by SFandH]

Tioloco - 9-9-2021 at 03:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

John- Your age is apparently inhibiting your ability to remain open minded and objective. Or your lack of understanding is a reflection of your being a public employee for life. Just doing what you are told, perhaps.

Isn't John a teacher? Did you just insult a teacher for the work he does?

[Edited on 9-9-2021 by SFandH]

SFH- I was a public employee in my younger years. The fact that all government employees are compelled to do what they are told is not intended as an insult. It is a reality.
The private sector is an incubator for critical thought.
Hope that you understand the difference.

Bajaboy - 9-9-2021 at 03:57 PM

I just got back from a swim in the ocean. Very refreshing! You should try it some time. The difference is I was with my family and not around other people. I respect the mainstream doctors and their mainstream advice.

I get the idea your team has some responsibility for instances such as this:
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/08/1035157226/miami-covid-19-dea...

Alm - 9-9-2021 at 06:21 PM

Tell me again what I am missing… As Covid resurges under Bidens watch.

Anti-vaxing mentality is getting in the way. Enough vaccine for everybody, 60% are vaccinated, put 2 and 2 together. How much credit for this should be given Trump is hard to tell, but he sure contributed.

This wave would've come with 100% vaccinated, thanks to Delta. But with much lower numbers and hospitals not overwhelmed.

motoged - 9-9-2021 at 06:52 PM

Tell me again what I am missing… As Covid resurges under Bidens watch.

That's easy: Unvaccinated are driving the resurgence. Trump influenced his Trumpsters to disbelieve and/or minimize the pandemic and science.

What about that did you miss?

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by motoged]

motoged - 9-9-2021 at 06:56 PM

JZ- Pedaling fear allows the grabbing of power. I am with you. Glad I have my life back to normal and am enjoying every day.

pedaling

1. the action of working the pedals of a bicycle.
"I have to do some fast pedaling to get the chain to engage properly"
2. use of the pedals of a piano, organ, etc., especially in a particular style.
"Chopin gave no indications of pedaling in his manuscript"

surabi - 9-9-2021 at 09:20 PM

He's made it pretty obvious that he doesn't concern himself with other people getting super sick and dying- the most important thing is that nothing gets in the way of him doing whatever he likes and having fun.

JZ - 9-9-2021 at 10:39 PM

*** *** are very gullible, except for Goat. He knows the truth, but is playing along with the Lie.

The real truth of who isn't vaxxed is:

1. Young ppl who have no party affiliation - they might have had Covid already or just don't think it is that big of a risk to them (which it isn't unless they have other health issues)

2. Minorities - most of the are Dem or no party affiliation.

3. Pubs

4. Dems

The difference in numbers between 3 and 4 is pretty marginal.

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by BajaNomad]

Tioloco - 9-9-2021 at 10:49 PM

*** *** are very gullible, except for Goat. He knows the truth, but is playing along with the Lie.

The real truth of who isn't vaxxed is:

1. Young ppl who have no party affiliation - they might have had Covid already or just don't think it is that big of a risk to them (which it isn't unless they have other health issues)

2. Minorities - most of the are Dem or no party affiliation.

3. Pubs

4. Dems

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by BajaNomad]

You are on point. But the usual cast of bad characters here will not read a single word. Typical.

JZ - 9-9-2021 at 10:51 PM

Lol. I love you Doug. Sorry to be such a pain in the butt.

Purdyd - 9-10-2021 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
3. Pubs

4. Dems

I’m not sure what source you use to make that statement.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/dashboard/kff-covid...

motoged - 9-10-2021 at 08:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  
Quote:
3. Pubs

4. Dems

Facts confuse some folks.

SFandH - 9-10-2021 at 08:29 AM

Qantas airline is requiring full vax for international passengers. That makes soooo much sense. Helps stop variants from hopping oceans. We'd be sitting pretty if the delta variant hadn't come along in July.

gnukid - 9-10-2021 at 08:40 AM

Qantas airline is requiring full vax for international passengers. That makes soooo much sense. Helps stop variants from hopping oceans. We'd be sitting pretty if the delta variant hadn't come along in July.

Is there any evidence you can share that the jabs reduce infection or transmission or provide any benefit for the variants?

Are there any tests to identify the variants?

Bajaboy - 9-10-2021 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Is there any evidence you can share that the jabs reduce infection or transmission or provide any benefit for the variants?

Let's see...listen to my doctor or some quack from BN? :light:

gnukid - 9-10-2021 at 09:11 AM

Thanks Bajaboy,

Oh wonderful so there is a test to identify infection from variants?

And the jabs produced from the models in 2019 are good for all future corona variants, so people just need constant boosters and they're good forever?

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by gnukid]

Barry A. - 9-10-2021 at 09:30 AM

2 different Doctor's in Redding, CA told me "there is no test for the Delta-variant" about 2 weeks ago. .

Bajaboy - 9-10-2021 at 09:30 AM

Thanks Bajaboy,

And the jabs produced from the models in 2019 are good for all future corona variants, so people just need constant boosters and they're good forever?

You bet! I'll let you know what my doctor says. :light: Oh my comment could have been directed at JZ just as easily. :lol: I can normally predict his responses by turning on the TV though.

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by Bajaboy]

Lee - 9-10-2021 at 09:33 AM

Relax, Paul. Few years back, my bronchitis turned into pneumonia while in Baja. Now, I get a pneumonia shot every year. Why? Call me superstitious. Does it really matter? I don't want to get that sick in Baja again. Shot costs nothing, sore arm, and if I'm lucky, I won't get pneumonia.

Same with shingles shot. If you've seen shingles up close, you know you don't want it.

Like many here, and the nitwits out there, you need a green light, then another one, then, maybe, another one.

There are no clear cut solutions or vaccines. If one doesn't work, try another. You have a choice.

gnukid - 9-10-2021 at 09:48 AM

Does natural immunity from corona type infection and recuperation provide superior protection than than jab for variants?

gnukid - 9-10-2021 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
2 different Doctor's in Redding, CA told me "there is no test for the Delta-variant" about 2 weeks ago. .

Yes that what is well understood globally...

Alm - 9-10-2021 at 10:56 AM

The real truth of who isn't vaxxed ...

Opinion as "the real truth", so very original.

There was a poll in early days of vaccination. The highest numbers of anti-vaxers were among black, poor, uneducated and in regions that voted for Trump.

Alm - 9-10-2021 at 11:00 AM

There is a genomic sequencing test to detect Delta.

gnukid - 9-10-2021 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

Oh really, what it's called, what is the product name, where is it in use?

How many pairs are sequenced? The entire virus or a fragment?

SFandH - 9-10-2021 at 01:21 PM

"Whole-Genome Sequence Analysis of DELTA Variant at Ayass BioScience, LLC"

https://ayassbioscience.com/delta-variant/

More:

https://www.google.com/search?q=genome+sequencing+for+delta+...

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by SFandH]

mtgoat666 - 9-10-2021 at 01:34 PM

Oldkid and Barry are confused. There is a test, by genetic sequencing. There are not commercial lab tests.
For individuals being treated, it does not matter what variant you have — likely this reason and cost/effort are why there are not commercial lab tests.

Oldkid: I bet you can find some internet wisdom about genetic sequencing and how it is unreliable hocus pocus,… you seem to be a master of finding (and believing) misinformation for most any topic!

gnukid - 9-10-2021 at 01:59 PM

Annals of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics
Research Article
Published: 18 Jun, 2021

Inhibition of the Binding of Variants of SARS-CoV-2
Coronavirus Spike Protein to a Human Receptor by
Chlorine Dioxide
http://www.remedypublications.com/open-access/inhibition-of-...

Conclusion
"CD solution, whether in water or as a formulated spray solution in water, was found to potently inhibit the binding of spike protein RBD to human receptor protein ACE2 in a concentration-dependent manner. These findings suggest CD may be invaluable for inhibiting the infection of SARS-CoV-2 virus to human."

mtgoat666 - 9-10-2021 at 03:13 PM

Research Article

Chlorine Dioxide

Conclusion
"CD solution, whether in water or as a formulated spray solution in water, was found to potently inhibit the binding of spike protein RBD to human receptor protein ACE2 in a concentration-dependent manner. These findings suggest CD may be invaluable for inhibiting the infection of SARS-CoV-2 virus to human."

Oldkid,
Are you back to promoting chlorine dioxide and bleach as a cure for covid? That is so last year!
You need to focus on current quackery, not obsolete quackery…

Barry A. - 9-10-2021 at 05:29 PM

Hmmmm, Goat, perhaps you should be more open to other possible solutions-------- Dr.George Domb's (Google it) 30 year experience of preventing virus infections in the respiratory system by using a nasal introduction of Povidone Iodine and Saline Solution has (we believe) prevented my wife's and I having ANY problems with "nose, throat, and lung" issues associated with our experience with Covid -19 infections.. At our age (83 and 77), that is remarkable!

What ever works!! is our motto.

We ARE "Long haulers", but have no problems with respiratory functions, only weird other symptoms like loss of "taste and smell", fatigue, and excessive sleep and joint pain.

We are all looking for solutions, but nobody seems to know what is exactly right , so we are open to things that make sense to us.

Barry A.

motoged - 9-10-2021 at 06:09 PM

And another tick falls off Uncle Sams dog! Lifetime parasite criticizing someone in private sector who pays the taxes which allow John to sit and “discuss” his knowledge. Priceless….
But those on the government teet are quick to point out they too pay taxes from their “earnings”… But are too ignorant to realize what their status is. If everyone is a tick, the dog dies. That is the fact. Private sector has funded the tax money to come up with the vaccine. That is the best part of the holier than thou lefties. They never understand that they are nice to have around but not essential to the overall operation.

Reading these ridiculous attacks on educators says something about the posters' own level of education and world view.

Astounding that people really think that way :O

Do away with all government and tell folks "You are on your own here...." ????

Are you rightwingers suggesting teachers should not be paid ( ie. no government funded education in your country) ?

So, you as a parent will pay from your own pocket if you want someone to teach your kids anything? Or home schooling is your trip? Or education just isn't important?

Tax dollars fund your military.... are the armed forces all a bunch of leeches as well sucking that teet?

I don't get it

Purdyd - 9-10-2021 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  
Quote:
3. Pubs

4. Dems

Facts confuse some folks.

I think Megan McCain is correct that there are other groupings besides republicans that have low vaccinations rates. But even she doesn’t claim they are the same as Democrats.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/meghan-mccain-slams-factually-...

Let’s take a state like Mississippi where it isn’t too much of an exaggeration to say whites are republicans and blacks are democrats.

Mississippi is ranked 47 in vaccinations.

57% of vaccines to whites
38% to blacks

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/resources/12130.pdf

Want to guess the demographics by race in Mississippi

59% white
38% black

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/MS

Alabama dead last.

38% of blacks vaccinated and same for whites

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=d8484...

Wyoming where there are almost no minorities and mostly republican second to last in vaccinations

I can’t find any source that claims that republicans are getting vaccinated at the same rate as democrats. Or as you state “the difference is only marginal”

The Kaiser survey puts it at 30% difference.

[Edited on 9-11-2021 by Purdyd]

Barry A. - 9-10-2021 at 07:19 PM

I admit that I am totally astounded at the last 4 posts as to what in the world are they talking about?

Lee - 9-10-2021 at 08:04 PM

Does natural immunity from corona type infection and recuperation provide superior protection than than jab for variants?

Are there raised eyebrows or rolling eyes if Paul regurgitates what he's read, repeats it here, and nobody reads it?

surabi - 9-10-2021 at 08:13 PM

How about all those things you're firmly convinced will keep you safe from contracting Covid? If I exercise, eat healthy, take herbal immune boosters and do yoga all this week, I guess I can slack off that regimen forever going forward, and still be protected?

gnukid - 9-11-2021 at 04:52 AM

Research Article

Chlorine Dioxide

Conclusion

Note: This is the first mention on Baja Nomad of this study on Chlorine Dioxide to reduce SARS-CoV-2 virus to human infection.

Interesting that some people here attempt to discourage sharing of prevention and treatment of SARS-CoV-2.

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2021 at 06:36 AM

1,110 people died every day of covid, in USA last week.

Covid vaccine mostly prevents hospitalization/death, but people won’t get the vaccine.

Sounds pretty smart to mandate vaccine!

But many got their panties in a bunch over vaccine mandate.

Seat belts were mandated to prevent death, the mandate worked.

So many common sense things had to be mandated because citizens were too stupid to do the right things voluntarily. Mandates work to correct stupidity.

GOP need to put on their big boy pants, stop whining, accept the mandate and get the jab.

Purdyd - 9-11-2021 at 07:53 AM

Note: This is the first mention on Baja Nomad of this study on Chlorine Dioxide to reduce SARS-CoV-2 virus to human infection.

Interesting that some people here attempt to discourage sharing of prevention and treatment of SARS-CoV-2.

I think what you are missing here is the chlorine dioxide is proposed as a disinfectant.

Not something to be used on a human being as a treatment.

Quote:
To control the spread of COVID-19, it is essential to develop and deploy safe but effective disinfectants against the virus alongside novel antiviral drugs and vaccines [8]. While ethanol is known to be effective against the virus [9], it cannot eradicate the virus present in the air. Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) (CD) is a water-soluble yellow gas at room temperature and is a stable free radical [10]. CD can be used as a gas or an aqueous solution to inactivate both viruses and bacteria [11-15].

Of note is that chlorine dioxide in the air in gaseous form could be used to disinfect a room. Which is of course a very welcome solution to combat covid 2 virus.

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2021 at 07:59 AM

“Alabama man dies of cardiac event after 43 hospitals with full ICUs turned him away”

Since antivaxxers are cause of full icus, can antivaxxers be held responsible for deaths caused by full icus?

Oldkid, do you feel responsible?

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2021 at 09:08 AM

1,110 people died every day of covid, in USA last week.

That is equivalent of 3 jumbo-jets per day, or one 9/11 per day.

And the GOP fights all efforts to stop the pandemic.

Shame!

SFandH - 9-11-2021 at 10:20 AM

Is there anybody reading this message that is refusing to be vaccinated?

Just curious who you are.

SFandH - 9-11-2021 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Seriously? Why?

That's a good question. I asked because there are many posts about unvaccinated folks and am wondering if there are any here. I guess who they are is secondary to if there are any.

Barry A. - 9-11-2021 at 03:11 PM

Neither I (83) nor my wife (77) are vaccinated against Covid, but we are vaccinated against many other things. We both had confirmed Covid some 10 + months ago for 15 days at home, and I may have had the Delta-variant quite recently. We both consistently (so far) test positive for natural "anti-bodies", and I have had some minor but annoying problems with "long-hauler" symptoms for the last 10 months. We like "natural anti-bodies" more than "artificial anti-bodies" so have avoided the "jab", so far. We continue to research the subject, and isolate ourselves.

SFandH - 9-11-2021 at 03:41 PM

Interesting. Sounds like the two of you got infected before the vaccines were available and now have natural immunity. IMO your smart to "lay low" anyway until the pandemic ends.

Barry A. - 9-11-2021 at 03:51 PM

Interesting. Sounds like the two of you got infected before the vaccines were available and now have natural immunity. IMO your smart to "lay low" anyway until the pandemic ends.

Correct, we did have Covid-19 before vaccines were available. Thank you for your comments, and you are right in our thinking process. My wife is a retired Grade School CA Teacher, and I am a retired EMT and Federal Ranger, and we both are College Grads. We get tested for "anti-bodies" every 3 months, all positive so far. The rest of our extended Family are totally vaccinated, we believe, with no problems reported.

Barry

Alm - 9-11-2021 at 05:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
“Alabama man dies of cardiac event after 43 hospitals with full ICUs turned him away”

Since antivaxxers are cause of full icus, can antivaxxers be held responsible for deaths caused by full icus?

Hypothetically, it wouldn't be illogical or immoral to put some burden on them. In insurance business there is a rule - you must try to mitigate losses or your claim may be denied. This group are not trying to mitigate, not using available vaccines and many of them (not all) are likely to ignore other protection measures. There is also something in Criminal Code about infecting others with STD when you knew that you were sick, as I recall.

Many unvaccinated are simply hesitating, confused and overwhelmed with the cr-ap they hear around, unable to separate facts from myths. Some have recovered from Covid already, they typically have a better immunity than after the vaccine, though vaccine could still boost their antibodies. This latter group is usually excluded from vaccination requirement where there is such a requirement.

aburruss - 9-11-2021 at 06:05 PM

Not vaccinated here. Mostly healthy family, didn't feel that the risk of the virus was worth any other actions. I also don't typically get flu shots. However, me, my wife, our kids are vaccinated otherwise.

I just completed my 10 day quarantine after contracting COVID. Contracted the virus during a vacation isolated on a houseboat with 8 other fully-vaccinated, unmasked super-spreaders. JK... had to throw that jab in there. :)

I had minor symptoms (headache, fatigue,etc), family had none, despite me not really even isolating from them. I'm ready to go run a marathon. Actually, who am I kidding.. I wouldn't run before COVID. ;)

I'm fine with my decision.

SFandH - 9-11-2021 at 06:26 PM

There is the cost issue. I've read that the cost of the vaccine is $10 and the average cost of COVID hospitalization is $20,000 but this number really hasn't been nailed down yet.

Going into an ICU costs a fortune.

What is it? 90% or so of hospitalized patients are unvaccinated?

surabi - 9-11-2021 at 06:55 PM

[Edited on 9-12-2021 by surabi]

24112411.jpg - 36kB24112411.jpg - 36kB

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2021 at 07:27 PM

All of the medical guidance says you should get the vaccine even if you already had covid.

Covid has huge risk for older populations, the vaccine much less so. Get the jab!

gnukid - 9-11-2021 at 07:45 PM

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting...

"After people recover from infection with a virus, the immune system retains a memory of it. Immune cells and proteins that circulate in the body can recognize and kill the pathogen if it’s encountered again, protecting against disease and reducing illness severity.

This long-term immune protection involves several components. Antibodies—proteins that circulate in the blood—recognize foreign substances like viruses and neutralize them. Different types of T cells help recognize and kill pathogens. B cells make new antibodies when the body needs them."

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2021 at 08:01 PM

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting...

"After people recover from infection with a virus, the immune system retains a memory of it. Immune cells and proteins that circulate in the body can recognize and kill the pathogen if it’s encountered again, protecting against disease and reducing illness severity.

This long-term immune protection involves several components. Antibodies—proteins that circulate in the blood—recognize foreign substances like viruses and neutralize them. Different types of T cells help recognize and kill pathogens. B cells make new antibodies when the body needs them."

Oldkid:

Here is a better link from NIH:

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-genera...

“More importantly, the data provide further documentation that those who’ve had and recovered from a COVID-19 infection still stand to benefit from getting vaccinated.”

wilderone - 9-11-2021 at 08:20 PM

The vaccination is free. However, I did receive a Medicare invoice showing a $40 charge by CVS with 100% paid. Probably various fees and payments out there. I just heard last week that hospitals were going to START charging for covid hospitalizations - that is, charging insurance companies. Prior to that, covered by Federal emergency funding. Also read today that there was $11 billion unspent federal American Rescue funds that will now be distributed to hospitals and clinics - prioritizing the smaller ones. I will not read nor trust any data that the government disseminates. How could anyone possibly trust this current regime?

Purdyd - 9-11-2021 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
A little more recent paper

Study Suggests Lasting Immunity After COVID-19, With a Big Boost From Vaccination

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2782139

After an infection with SARS-CoV-2, most people—even those with mild infections—appear to have some protection against the virus for at least a year, a recent follow-up study of recovered patients published in Nature suggests. What’s more, this and other research demonstrates that vaccinating these individuals substantially enhances their immune response and confers strong resistance against variants of concern, including the B.1.617.2 (delta) variant.

Quote:
Unvaccinated health care workers appeared to have less protection against the delta and beta variants compared with alpha about a year after they recovered from mild COVID-19. While 88% of this group had neutralizing antibodies against alpha, only 47% neutralized delta.

Quote:
Nussenzweig said an open question is how long immunity lasts after vaccination alone. One recent study found that at least 12 weeks after their second dose of Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine, people who were not previously infected had a surprisingly high number of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein–targeting B cells in the germinal centers of their lymph nodes, where these cells are trained to produce and perfect antibodies. Some of the antibodies generated from the B cells cross-reacted with seasonal betacoronaviruses or bound to unique regions of the virus’s spike protein, the scientists reported in Nature.

aburruss - 9-11-2021 at 08:25 PM

All of the medical guidance says you should get the vaccine even if you already had covid.

Covid has huge risk for older populations, the vaccine much less so. Get the jab!

Not really "all the medical guidance". The highly esteemed Dr. Fauci says it's a point of discussion that we don't yet know the answer for.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/09/10/fauci_natu...

Also, good thing I don't hang around old people.

aburruss - 9-11-2021 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by aburruss  
...isolated on a houseboat with 8 other fully-vaccinated, unmasked super-spreaders.

You happen to know who you caught it from and if others in that group got infected?

I'm convinced there are a lot more breakthrough infections going on than is announced, but don't have a handle on how contagious they are.

I don't specifically know WHERE I got it. However.. Symptoms after 8 days around literally no one else. 12 days if you count a single trip to the grocery store.

I personally know of 5 people who got covid, and got hit pretty hard.. MONTHS after being fully vaccinated. To be fair, I also know two older (late 50's) unvaccinated people who got COVID, and spent time in the hospital with pneumonia. I also know a 94 year old who got it, and was out in her garden in 110 degree weather the next day. I also know a 35 year old who got vaccinated, and now his arm is magnetic. Apparently, your mileage may vary.

I don't think there is a a one-size-fits-all answer for this. Get vaccinated, don't get vaccinated... your health, your situation, your surroundings, your level of risk tolerance .... all should dictate this.

Ateo - 9-12-2021 at 08:08 AM

Bottom line is he’s going to get harder and harder for the unvaccinated to stay unvaccinated due to mandates and society pressure. This truth is got to be stressful for the anti-VAXers

Purdyd - 9-12-2021 at 08:09 AM

There is a discussion of time element that Dr. Fauci made. I assume one must consider when the recovery occurred.

It does beg the question why previous infection and recovery isn’t considered as good as vaccinations and at the very least why two shots would be needed.

After all proof of recovery from covid is enough to skip the testing requirement for returning from international destinations by air.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-...

https://transcripts.cnn.com/show/acd/date/2021-09-09/segment...

Quote:
[20:10:14]

GUPTA: You know, when it comes to the mandates through the Department of Labor and companies that have a hundred or more employees, my understanding of what the President was saying, Dr. Fauci, was that either you get a vaccine, or you have to be tested regularly. And oftentimes, it seems like these two things are commingled, like, do one or the other.

But in one case, you're preventing it, and in the other case, you're diagnosing it. Why not just do the vaccine mandate and not say that the testing can be sort of this off ramp?

FAUCI: Well, I think the President is, you know, being somewhat moderate in his demand, if you want to call it that. And that there are some people who really don't want to get vaccinated, but they don't want to lose their job, you've got to give them an off lane. And the off lane is if you get tested frequently enough, and find out you're positive, you won't come to work, and you won't infect other people. So, it really is somewhat of a compromise there.

Myself, I would make it just vaccinate or not. But he was trying to be moderate in what his pronouncement was.

GUPTA: And just real quickly, there was a study that came out of Israel about natural immunity, and basically, the headline was that natural immunity provides a lot of protection, even better than the vaccines alone.

What do people make of that? So as we talk about vaccine mandates, I get calls all the time, people say, I've already had COVID, I'm protected. And now the study says maybe even more protected than the vaccine alone. Should they also get the vaccine? How do you make the case to them?

FAUCI: You know, that's a really good point, Sanjay. I don't have a really firm answer for you on that. That's something that we're going to have to discuss regarding the durability of the response. The one thing that paper from Israel didn't tell you is whether or not

as high as the protection is with natural infection, what's the durability compared to the durability of a vaccine? So it is conceivable that you got infected, you're protected, but you may not be protected for an indefinite period of time.

So, I think that is something that we need to sit down and discuss seriously, because you very appropriately pointed out, it is an issue, and there could be an argument for saying what you said.

Link to the paper from Israel.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v...

Note a relatively small sample of those age >60 because they tried to compare exact numbers of populations and I assume most were vaccinated.

The recovered numbers don’t, obviously include those who died so the weakest might have been...

Still very encouraging news that natural immunity is very effective. Very positive for Mexico.

[Edited on 9-12-2021 by Purdyd]

SFandH - 9-12-2021 at 08:34 AM

Perhaps there are degrees of infection and subsequent antibody production. I would assume so, but I don't know. Some people get a mild case where they have inhaled a small amount of the virus and some people get dangerously sick and need hospitalization because they are heavily infected.

A small infection vs. a massive infection.

Perhaps a vaccination on top of naturally produced antibodies is the safest way to go for those who have been sick with COVID and have recovered. That is what I would do.

[Edited on 9-12-2021 by SFandH]

gnukid - 9-12-2021 at 08:37 AM

Not sure where you get your news, everywhere in the news I see legal pushback to experimental vaccines, mandates, passports etc.

USPS won't take vaccines, CDC doesn't require it, Pfizer doesn't require it, Portugal says there is no evidence of covid and ended all mandates, just like Alberta, UK says no vaccine mandate or passports, Denmark says there is no pandemic and therefore no restrictions or mandates.

There are more vaccine injuries in the last year than in the entire history of vaccine injury reporting through CDC VAERS.

Red Cross will only accept blood donations from unvaccinated for convalescent plasma

Red Cross encourages recovered COVID-19 patients to give plasma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-YEB3qE4ns

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of...

Most Covid patients in East Lancashire hospital had jab, says council leader
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/19/stop-blaming-v...

Covid outbreak among vaccinated Vegas hospital workers underscores Delta risks
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/13/coronavirus-...

"Many new Covid-19 cases are among vaccinated people"
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-05/israel-se...
Last Friday, 55% of the newly infected had been vaccinated, the website said."

Study: Fully vaccinated people with "breakthrough" COVID Delta infections carry as much virus as the unvaccinated
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-delta-variant-inf...

[Edited on 9-12-2021 by gnukid]

SFandH - 9-12-2021 at 08:41 AM

IMO the fact that over 90% of hospitalized COVID patients are unvaccinated trumps all objections to the vaccines.

Lee - 9-12-2021 at 09:44 AM

Not sure where you get your news, everywhere in the news I see legal pushback to experimental vaccines, mandates, passports etc.

USPS won't take vaccines, CDC doesn't require it, Pfizer doesn't require it, Portugal says there is no evidence of covid and ended all mandates, just like Alberta, UK says no vaccine mandate or passports, Denmark says there is no pandemic and therefore no restrictions or mandates.

Who cares? US should have mandatory vaccine. Period.

Mandatory masks in schools. Period.

You are out of touch, Paul, and won't ask where you get your news. Your conspiracy theories make my head spin. You have no creditability here.

Take responsibility for your words. And those who follow your advice and end up sick. Any remorse?

Purdyd - 9-12-2021 at 12:17 PM

There are more vaccine injuries in the last year than in the entire history of vaccine injury reporting through CDC VAERS.

Red Cross will only accept blood donations from unvaccinated for convalescent plasma

Red Cross encourages recovered COVID-19 patients to give plasma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-YEB3qE4ns

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of...

Most Covid patients in East Lancashire hospital had jab, says council leader
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/19/stop-blaming-v...

Covid outbreak among vaccinated Vegas hospital workers underscores Delta risks
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/13/coronavirus-...

"Many new Covid-19 cases are among vaccinated people"
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-05/israel-se...
Last Friday, 55% of the newly infected had been vaccinated, the website said."

Study: Fully vaccinated people with "breakthrough" COVID Delta infections carry as much virus as the unvaccinated
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-delta-variant-inf...

I hope it doesn’t come as a shock as more people are vaccinated there will be more cases of vaccinated people testing positive, in the hospital, etc.

In fact if 100% of the population were vaccinated 100% of the cases, deaths etc. would be of vaccinated people.

I have now idea what you are talking about with Denmark. They say it is under control in that country not that the pandemic is not real.

https://fortune.com/2021/08/30/denmark-to-scrap-all-corotnav...

And with 74% of the total population full vaccinated they are probably right, for Denmark.

And your other stuff isn’t true either about the cdc and Pfizer.

Especially now.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/v...

USPS is also under the mandate

https://nypost.com/2021/09/09/usps-exempt-from-biden-vax-man...

But just to be clear, there is a test option within this mandate,

You can see doctor Fauci talks about it in the transcript from CNN.

I’m guessing if the USA had a vaccinations rate like the UK we might not have a mandate either.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=GBR

Skipjack Joe - 9-12-2021 at 03:06 PM

What's becoming clear is that the non-vaxers who contracted covid and survived are convinced that they did the right thing and will continue to not get vaccinated. The non-vaxers that die or come close to dying are the only ones that change their minds about vaccination. They do, however, during the process of dying convince a handful of close family and friends to get vaccinated.

Yes, mandates are the way to go to turn this boat around. The public will not do it on their own.

aburruss - 9-12-2021 at 03:27 PM

I also know a 35 year old who got vaccinated, and now his arm is magnetic
Just when I was starting to think you're credible... :lol:

It's crazy.. i have the full video, but don't want to share without permission. It's super weird!!!!

spoon.jpg - 128kB

mtgoat666 - 9-12-2021 at 03:35 PM

It's crazy.. i have the full video, but don't want to share without permission. It's super weird!!!!

I can hang a spoon on my nose, it’s due to my animal magnetism!

Barry A. - 9-12-2021 at 03:43 PM

To me, it's all a matter of your personal experience and assessment of "risk"-------is it more risky (to you and other's) when you have already survived a bout of Covid-19, (or like me possibly survived 2 episodes of Covid) resulting in having confirmed natural-anti-bodies, to "risk" having yet another episode of Covid or to "risk" having a really bad (killing?) reaction to getting vaccinated with a somewhat experimental new vaccine that is significantly different than other known vaccines..

It's a very personal choice, and you should stay away from other's until you are sure you made the right choice.

Bajazly - 9-12-2021 at 08:22 PM

Two new studies from Israel and the UK found that natural immunity is FAR superior and MUCH better than the artificial immunity from vaccines; vaccinated people were also 13 times as likely to be infected
https://techstartups.com/2021/08/25/two-new-studies-israel-u...

[Edited on 9-13-2021 by gnukid]

So... What? We all run out and lick as many door knobs and toilet seats as possible... and give this chit to everyone?

BajaNomad - 9-13-2021 at 01:17 AM

I can hang a spoon on my nose, it’s due to my animal magnetism!

Van der Waals forces?

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/can-vaccines-make...
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.htm...

Bajaboy - 9-13-2021 at 05:34 AM

So many "smart" people out there.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/12/1035986659/idahos-hospitals-a...

Ateo - 9-13-2021 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Who cares? US should have mandatory vaccine. Period.

Mandatory masks in schools. Period.

You are out of touch, Paul, and won't ask where you get your news. Your conspiracy theories make my head spin. You have no creditability here.

Take responsibility for your words. And those who follow your advice and end up sick. Any remorse?

Yep. 8000 people dead from Covid yesterday alone in the world. If there was a vaccine in those arm’s most would still be with us.

TSThornton - 9-13-2021 at 08:13 AM

In my rural area of north central Washington, the emergency rooms are full, and 100% of the Covid patients are unvaccinated. My friend is an emergency room nurse, and she cried as she related to us that two days ago they lost their first non-Covid patient that they could otherwise have saved if the beds were not already taken by non-vaccinated Covid patients.

To those who say "screw you, it's my personal choice, you can't tell me what to do", screw you on behalf of the those who die for your selfishness and their families, and on behalf of the healthcare workers you continue to traumatize.

SFandH - 9-13-2021 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TSThornton  
In my rural area of north central Washington, the emergency rooms are full, and 100% of the Covid patients are unvaccinated.

I just read a news story explaining that hospitals in Washington state are taking Idaho residents who refuse to get vaccinated. Idaho hospitals are also full of unvaccinated COVID patients and in both states, non-COVID patients are not getting needed care.

Choosing to not get vaccinated is illogical, reckless behavior endangering the lives of others.

This is getting beyond personal choice.

[Edited on 9-13-2021 by SFandH]

Barry A. - 9-13-2021 at 08:42 AM

Hmmmm, perhaps we should start compiling a list of all people that should be banned from entering a Hospital due to their "reckless" and "stupid" behavior------people over weight, any illegal drug user, reckless drivers, people with untreated high blood pressure that have a heart attack, drunk drivers, ----just for a start.

Skipjack Joe - 9-13-2021 at 08:53 AM

Hmmmm, perhaps we should start compiling a list of all people that should be banned from entering a Hospital due to their "reckless" and "stupid" behavior------people over weight, any illegal drug user, reckless drivers, people with untreated high blood pressure that have a heart attack, drunk drivers, ----just for a start.

I find it strange that one would choose to be lumped to this group of people.

SFandH - 9-13-2021 at 08:55 AM

Oh, the slippery slope argument. Is there any evidence that what you suggest will happen?

TSThornton - 9-13-2021 at 09:46 AM

Barry A., no one said "ban". The hospitals are doing their best to provide care to everyone, but they can't. But my friend is entirely entitled to tell that guy in the emergency room "You made your choice and you may or may not die, but you need to know that if you would have just gotten the damn vaccine, that person out in the hallway would be alive and now she's not." And that person deserves everything that comes to him, the same as a drunk diver that harms others.

Your list is irrelevant to this conversation. Many of those things are illegal and they would be prosecuted. Many are common ills the system is designed to handle at the rate they currently occur. But a big difference is, by and large, when the doctor tells those people (if they live) they should consider some lifestyle chagnes to avoid causing harm to themselves or others in the future, that doctor doesn't hear "EFF YOU, HOAX, YOU CAN"T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, GOVERMENT CONTROL!" This is wacked.

Lee - 9-13-2021 at 10:15 AM

I'm in favor with above except for a few examples. It's sad that hospitals can't turn away infected ppl who haven't been vaxxed. Wouldn't bother me if triage were implemented. Triage involves prioritizing ppl -- save people who can be saved.

Mentally, that's what hospital workers are doing. Infected patients are judged on seriousness and survivability. Cut losses and move on.

Obese, alcoholics end of the line.

Sounds great to me.

SFandH - 9-13-2021 at 10:45 AM

Yeah, sure, but this is different. We're in a viral pandemic now. As the mutation that resulted in the delta variant proves, things can change from getting better (June) to getting much worse (July) real quick. If a mutation occurs that is highly infectious AND evades antibodies caused by vaccinations and previous infection, we're right back to square one.

The more unvaccinated people there are, the more sick infected people there are, and the higher the risk of a new deadly mutation. This is the biggest reason for quick action. The unvaccinated people are not only putting themselves at risk. They're putting you and me at risk.

SFandH - 9-13-2021 at 11:55 AM

An argument against mandates put forth yesterday by Asa Hutchinson, the governor of Arkansas, on a Sunday morning TV talk show is that the mandates will cause the anti-vaxxers to dig in their heals. Maybe so, fine, so be it. I bet the mandates will cause many, many more people to be vaccinated. Good! That's the objective.

Let the truculent Trumpsters protest, they would have never been vaccinated anyway.

There is a good model for insurance companies to follow with unvaccinated people going to hospitals for COVID treatment. Treat them as they used to treat people with pre-existing conditions. It's a totally different situation, and in no way I'm advocating for "pre-existing conditions", but the insurance method works. Get vaccinated or get the hospital bills, your choice.

Don Pisto - 9-13-2021 at 12:06 PM

they have an oral vaccine now......put it in their water;)

Barry A. - 9-13-2021 at 01:28 PM

Oh, the slippery slope argument. Is there any evidence that what you suggest will happen?

Not that I am aware of, SF&H. It was a specious & sarcastic comment by me in response to some other strange posts here. I should have resisted the urge to respond. Sorry.

By the way, at my age (83) I have no intention of going to the Hospital if I again come down with serious life-threating Covid-like symptoms, and have instructed my relatives to honor that wish. I do believe that Hospitals are fairly dangerous places, tho sometimes necessary, and should be avoided unless an operation is the only way forward for a good life to continue. We all have different values that result in us making different decisions, and I realize that some may differ with other's decisions and conclusions, and that is OK with me, for the most part. If I do lose my natural Covid anti-bodies, I will get vaccinated unless new negative Science dictates otherwise.

Stay safe!!

JZ - 9-13-2021 at 03:15 PM

There are a million examples from the last couple years.

They started taking down confederate statutes, now they are tearing down statutes of Louis and Clark.

Libs hate America.

Ateo - 9-13-2021 at 04:02 PM

Yeah, sure, but this is different. We're in a viral pandemic now. As the mutation that resulted in the delta variant proves, things can change from getting better (June) to getting much worse (July) real quick. If a mutation occurs that is highly infectious AND evades antibodies caused by vaccinations and previous infection, we're right back to square one.

The more unvaccinated people there are, the more sick infected people there are, and the higher the risk of a new deadly mutation. This is the biggest reason for quick action. The unvaccinated people are not only putting themselves at risk. They're putting you and me at risk.

Perfectly said. Thank you.

John Harper - 9-13-2021 at 04:12 PM

Libs hate America.

Why do you always use such inane and childish insults? You sound like a lapdog for Fox News. I thought you went to Loyola and at least could construct an argument without second grade level name calling?

Libs hate America? What the hell is that anyway? You make a fool of yourself, and I'm saying that as someone who actually finds you quite reasonable in most other areas. I'd have a beer with you, anytime. Why this?

Maybe it's time for Doug to put this dog of a thread down.

John

[Edited on 9-13-2021 by John Harper]

SFandH - 9-13-2021 at 04:21 PM

Don't respond to inane posts.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  15