BajaNomad

BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  15

MrBillM - 9-13-2021 at 04:31 PM

There has always been a significant segment of the Conservative movement that has revered the Confederate cause for whatever reason (including White Nationalism) and that group has expanded considerably in recent years. The GOP is no longer the one that I supported for near six decades. One need look no farther than the Trumpista rallies and other such events (including the Jan 6 insurrection) in which there were an abundance of Confederate flags flying along with anti-democratic rhetoric.

SO .................... None should be surprised to hear them bemoan the demise of Confederate symbols. They wish that they WERE in old Dixie.

Their current hero in CA (Elder) even believes that the southern slave owners' descendants are owed reparations for the loss of legitimate property (slaves) by the Union after the war.

What a Guy.

surabi - 9-13-2021 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

They started taking down confederate statutes, now they are tearing down statutes of Louis and Clark.

Libs hate America.

So you think that the losers who represented and fought for values repugnant to the majority of the population should be celebrated in public places? I don't think Germany has statues of Hitler in its parks.

Now I don't happen to think that those statues should be destroyed, because they are usually stunning works from the point of view of a sculptor's art. But they should be kept in museums, not on display as heros, who fought for slavery or committed or facilitated genocide.

And what a bizarre concept, to celebrate losing. If you got your ass whipped back in your high school days by 3 brothers for calling their sister an ugly ho, would you hold a celebratory picnic every year to commemorate that event? No, you'd hope everyone would have forgotten about it.

If liberals hated America, they would leave the country. Instead they work to try to preserve the democracy that they want their beloved country not to lose.

[Edited on 9-13-2021 by surabi]

[Edited on 9-13-2021 by surabi]

mtgoat666 - 9-13-2021 at 05:09 PM

Libs hate America.

What a totally asinine thing to say.

motoged - 9-13-2021 at 05:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Libs hate America.

Why do you always use such inane and childish insults? You sound like a lapdog for Fox News. I thought you went to Loyola and at least could construct an argument without second grade level name calling?

Libs hate America? What the hell is that anyway? You make a fool of yourself, and I'm saying that as someone who actually finds you quite reasonable in most other areas. I'd have a beer with you, anytime. Why this?

Maybe it's time for Doug to put this dog of a thread down.

John

[Edited on 9-13-2021 by John Harper]

Keep the thread going.... put down the dog crapping on it :light:

Just put out a bowl of Fox tidbits and he will come running....

Caution: Video is instructional but may upset some; discretion advised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3L_Nix2WFc

ligui - 9-13-2021 at 05:45 PM

just asking.... JZ could you be a Russian troll ?

Just saying.

mtgoat666 - 9-13-2021 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
just asking.... JZ could you be a Russian troll ?

Just saying.

He is a MAGA troll. Everything he spews is boilerplate MAGA chit. Not an original thought in his head - it is all parroted from fox, OAN, newsmax, etc.

motoged - 9-13-2021 at 06:37 PM

Don't insult the Russians ...:lol:

Barry A. - 9-14-2021 at 08:18 AM

Article-----why I did not get vaccinated against Covid

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2021/09/why-i-did...

JZ - 9-14-2021 at 09:12 AM

As Jr. Baja would say if he was here to witness it, the Lib Chicken Coop Group is running around with their heads cut off by the fake MSM.

Tioloco - 9-14-2021 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

WOW- You, Motoged, John Harper and this thread are really getting disgusting. Shame on you.

[Edited on 9-14-2021 by Tioloco]

[Edited on 9-15-2021 by BajaNomad]

Bajaboy - 9-14-2021 at 11:27 AM

As Jr. Baja would say if he was here to witness it, the Lib Chicken Coop Group is running around with their heads cut off by the fake MSM.

He said the Chicken Coop Group....and he was a troll, too.

surabi - 9-14-2021 at 12:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

WOW- You, Motoged, John Harper and this thread are really getting disgusting. Shame on you.

[Edited on 9-14-2021 by Tioloco]

What's disgusting is singing the praises of politicians who oppose pandemic precautions while their constituents continue to clog up the ICUs and die, in ever increasing numbers.

JZ - 9-14-2021 at 01:16 PM

Finally, words of wisdom from a celebrity:

Nicki Minaj:
"My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied."

gnukid - 9-14-2021 at 01:16 PM

Why would rational people trust an injection that doesn’t protect them from getting Covid again when natural immunity does?

mtgoat666 - 9-14-2021 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Why would rational people trust an injection that doesn’t protect them from getting Covid again when natural immunity does?

Two options according to oldkid:

1. Lick door knobs to catch covid, hope you survive and come out with natural immunity, but also potentially die from covid before acquiring that natural immunity; and

2. Take the vaccine, and not die.

Your choice!

[Edited on 9-14-2021 by mtgoat666]

charliemanson - 9-14-2021 at 02:29 PM

Since gonad boy always posts his references...here is one for him

https://newsone.com/playlist/famous-anti-vaxxers-who-have-di...

Think he may get the message? can't wait for a reply:?::?:

charliemanson - 9-14-2021 at 02:33 PM

But hey, A rapper who I have never heard of says taxes are bad....sure I will believe her:?:

surabi - 9-14-2021 at 02:33 PM

Nicki Minaj:
"My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied."

Words of wisdom? You really are farther gone than I even thought.

"My cousin told me that a friend of his told him that his girlfriend told him she was splitting up with him because he has swollen testicles. And he thinks it's from the vaccine, so that's enough scientific evidence for me not to want to get vaxed."

Your "celebrity" is getting roundly trounced for her idiotic tweet, btw.

[Edited on 9-14-2021 by surabi]

motoged - 9-14-2021 at 02:54 PM

Nicki Minaj:

Words of wisdom???? You're joking, right?!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/09/14/dr-gupta-nicki-minaj-orchitis-coronavirus-vaccine-newday-vpx.cnn

Quoting a rapper is an indication of maturity....

Skipjack Joe - 9-14-2021 at 03:02 PM

a. Because it does protect them

and

b. You don't know if your immune system is up to overcoming the infection. You (and Barry) are playing russian roulette with your life. You only know after you've been infected whether you will survive or not. That's not a very smart approach in my opinion.

gnukid - 9-14-2021 at 07:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

and

b. You don't know if your immune system is up to overcoming the infection. You (and Barry) are playing russian roulette with your life. You only know after you've been infected whether you will survive or not. That's not a very smart approach in my opinion.

What does the jab do to provide immunity from infection or transmission?

Has any existing jab in use now been FDA approved or tested on high risk demographics?

How many have been injured? What is the risk vs reward? Does natural immunity provide the best highest quality immunity?

gnukid - 9-14-2021 at 07:55 PM

The hot weather Baja Summer has passed and all true nomads are outside enjoying the weather.

ligui - 9-15-2021 at 05:29 AM

That was a dump thing to say kid. I like Baja even when it's hot.

Does that make me a double true nomad ? :cool:

JZ - 9-15-2021 at 05:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Nicki Minaj:

"My cousin told me that a friend of his told him that his girlfriend told him she was splitting up with him because he has swollen testicles. And he thinks it's from the vaccine, so that's enough scientific evidence for me not to want to get vaxed."

It was a joke, sweet heart.

Purdyd - 9-15-2021 at 06:23 AM

and

Has any existing jab in use now been FDA approved or tested on high risk demographics?

How many have been injured? What is the risk vs reward? Does natural immunity provide the best highest quality immunity?

How does natural immunity provide immunity from infection or transmission?

Is there a high risk demographic for which is it recommended they be exposed to covid?

How many have died from covid? How many have long haul symptoms?

gnukid - 9-15-2021 at 07:29 AM

Natural immunity is developed through a broad strategy of T-cells, Natural Killers, and both, broad and specific Antibodies to successfully fight a "virus", which is a normal process of cellular cleansing and excretion of toxins.

How does the immune system work?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279364/

The innate and adaptive immune systems
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279396/

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting...

Two new studies from Israel and the UK found that natural immunity is FAR superior and MUCH better than the artificial immunity from vaccines; vaccinated people were also 13 times as likely to be infected
https://techstartups.com/2021/08/25/two-new-studies-israel-u...

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v...

The RNA vaccines use synthetic genetic RNA modification to program the body to hyper produce a computer modeled pathogen, in the form of spike protein, that causes illness, creating pathogenic priming, or, Antibody Dependent Enhancement.

Immunization with SARS coronavirus vaccines leads to pulmonary immunopathology on challenge with the SARS virus
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22536382/

What beneficial protection MAY be provided against minor symptoms by jabs declines quickly, prompting producers to suggest more boosters, more often.

New CDC studies point to waning immunity from vaccines
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/24/cdc-studies-vaccine...

[Edited on 9-15-2021 by gnukid]

motoged - 9-15-2021 at 09:08 AM

:lol::lol: Pretty pathetic attempt at walking back a stupid post...

Skipjack Joe - 9-15-2021 at 09:59 AM

and

You only need to look at the worldmeter graphs for the US to see how cases and deaths plummeted with the start of vaccine usage in mid january to answer your question.

As usual, answering any of your posts is a waste of time. But I hope others are reading as your wild assertions are being discredited. Although by now you have virtually nobody seeing things your way on this board.

gnukid - 9-15-2021 at 11:24 AM

You only need to look at the worldmeter graphs for the US to see how cases and deaths plummeted with the start of vaccine usage in mid january to answer your question.

As usual, answering any of your posts is a waste of time. But I hope others are reading as your wild assertions are being discredited. Although by now you have virtually nobody seeing things your way on this board.

Two patently false statements by a well known troll.

Cases have increased significantly since the jab program began.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I have consistently shared broadly sourced articles showing a conflict in the narrative. Its up to you make your own conclusions. While I provided data from the source, you provide none, but, make fallacious arguments and personal attacks, because, you have no argument nor facts to present.

Take as many synthetic chimeric genetic RNA modification shots to hyper produce pathogens that you want, however, your passion for altering your god created natural immune system to induce pathogenic production of spike proteins known to cause thrombosis, myocarditis and pericarditis is your personal choice, while these jabs have no relationship to constantly mutating influenza type corona infections, transmission.

It is very sad to see how those jabbed and suffering brain fog or more serious adverse affect have no reasoning, data, only a resolute passion to insult others and blame others for their lack of personal health, exercise, sunshine, nutrition and fresh air.

Vaccinated people make up 75% of recent COVID-19 cases in Singapore, but few fall ill
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/vaccinated-people...

Seriously ill COVID-19 patients double in vaccine pace-setter Singapore
https://news.trust.org/item/20210913112754-w5k94

Vaccinated people now make up almost 47% of all new Covid cases, symptom-tracking app claims amid signs Britain’s third Covid wave may have peaked already
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9790999/Symptom-tra...

LancairDriver - 9-15-2021 at 02:04 PM

Some of our Nomad Molecular Virologists will find this interesting if they can invest the time to watch this. It covers the technical as well as the political aspects of the current situation explained by Dr Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA Vaccine Technology.

Very long video featuring the inventor of mNRA vaccine technology explaining a few things on the Jimmie Noor show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwPKnOhJRYg

John Harper - 9-15-2021 at 02:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Very long video featuring the inventor of mNRA vaccine technology explaining a few things on the Jimmie Noor show.

"I believe in the sanctity of the individual, is.. is more important than the sanctity of the collective."

Tell that to the women of Texas.

John

SFandH - 9-15-2021 at 03:33 PM

I listened to it. I used 1.5 speed, totally intelligible and it took less time.

The doctor moves between science, opinion, and ideology. His main scientific point is that the vaccines have not been subjected to extensive long-term testing and therefore are risky. He explains that well.

He also said that overuse of the vaccine will result in super viruses like the overuse of antibiotics did to combat bacteria, which are not viruses. He used the delta, lambda, and mu variants as examples.

The delta variant appeared in the UK in December 2020 before the vaccines were available.

The lambda variant was first detected in Peru in August of 2020. Before the vaccines.

The mu variant was first found in Colombia in January of 2021, one month after the vaccines became available.

So maybe the doc might want to rethink that position.

His opinions have to do with the motivations behind mass inoculation, particularly that there is a profit motive by the pharmaceutical companies. It's a reasonable thought but he offered no proof behind his opinion.

His ideology, as others have pointed out is "the sanctity of the individual, is.. is more important than the sanctity of the collective." That's a philosophical debate and there are certainly cases where it is not true.

Two important issues are not addressed.

1. Where would we be today without the COVID vaccines?

2. The solid evidence that vaccinated people, even when they do become infected, are much less likely to be hospitalized and die.

He's one man, a scientist that thoroughly understands the science who is against mandatory vaccinations. But like everyone else, a guy with opinions and beliefs that color the facts.

OK

Add that to your databank.

[Edited on 9-15-2021 by SFandH]

motoged - 9-15-2021 at 03:36 PM

Two patently false statements by a well known troll.

Gnu,
Obviously you have never had the opportunity to meet Skipjack. He is so far from what could be characterized as any form of troll.

You owe him an apology. :light:

Not everyone who disagrees with another Nomad is a troll.... frequent replies may well indicate another following a thread closely and contributing frequently with alternate views.

Alm - 9-15-2021 at 03:54 PM

... by now you have virtually nobody seeing things your way on this board.

I've stopped opening gnukid's links or responding to his posts long time ago. Irrelevant references and cherry-picking. You'll tell that cases began dropping with vaccination, and he'll focus on the numbers 10 months later, doesn't matter the variants, slow rates of vaccination, anti-masking or reopening of the economy.

John Harper - 9-15-2021 at 05:42 PM

"I believe in the sanctity of the individual, is.. is more important than the sanctity of the collective."

John
No argument here; I'm just quoting Dr. Malone. :smug:

I realize that, wasn't directed at you, but Dr. Malone's complete idiocy.

John

Skipjack Joe - 9-15-2021 at 05:58 PM

I listened to it. I used 1.5 speed, totally intelligible and it took less time.

Two important issues are not addressed.

1. Where would we be today without the COVID vaccines?

2. The solid evidence that vaccinated people, even when they do become infected, are much less likely to be hospitalized and die.

#1 bothered me as well. He talks about the ills of vaccination but never flips the coin and compare it to no vaccination. He states that they're 50% effective and those people become super spreaders. What kind of spreaders would they become had they become infected without a vaccinations? We know that vaccinated people don't become as sick when they do get sick. So you have 50% more people infected and since they're more seriously infected (coughing and sneezing) they spread the virus much more.

I'll take his word that a natural immunity is stronger than one with a vaccine. What's surprising about that? The sicker you get the greater the immune response. If you recover from a serious infection then yes you will have immune cells up the ying yang. The body doesn't want to go through that again.

He brings up the side effect of shingle reactivation. That happened to me. I was not surprised. A lot of things that tax your immune system reactivate them. That's how that virus works. Was that compared to how shingle virus is affected by a non vaxed covid infection? I'll lay odds that it does as well. I get shingle activation by just spending a lot of time in a moldy room. Just take a round Acyclovir and it's under control. We have good medicine for shingles.

Initially I was really impressed with this video but then I noticed that in every instance he came down on the side of political right. He trashes Fauci several times. For a scientist he's remarkably biased. Yet his credentials cannot be denied. Just goes to show that even scientists can cherry pick information should they choose to.

But he makes good points. Flu vaccines are given during the offseason when the pathogen is inactive. We're administering the covid vaccines during a full blown epidemic. They're definitely not going to be as successful.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by Skipjack Joe]

surabi - 9-15-2021 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Nicki Minaj:

Maybe you should put a smiley face after what you are posting as a joke. It's hard to tell, since most if the things you post seriously are ridiculous.

ligui - 9-15-2021 at 07:12 PM

Ditto there surabi :coolup

motoged - 9-15-2021 at 08:09 PM

Ditto there surabi :coolup

Careful guys.... you might be accused of being stalkers ....and become at risk of being banned for "ad hominem personal attacks" even if your comments are accurate... :biggrin:

gnukid - 9-15-2021 at 08:25 PM

Pursue personal health, nutrition, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, and social contact.

gnukid - 9-15-2021 at 08:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

I've stopped opening gnukid's links or responding to his posts long time ago.

Big announcement: No One Listens to Alm who objects to sourced relevant studies and articles to the topic.

Alm provides no objective quantitative or qualitative data, no sources and no argument?

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by gnukid]

mtgoat666 - 9-15-2021 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

I've stopped opening gnukid's links or responding to his posts long time ago.

Big announcement: No One Listens to Alm who objects to sourced relevant studies and articles to the topic.

Alm provides no objective quantitative or qualitative data, no sources and no argument?

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by gnukid]

Oldkid,
And they listen to you?

LancairDriver - 9-15-2021 at 09:29 PM

John

John

It was worth posting Dr. Malone’s video just to watch the clueless lightweights unqualified to shine his shoes dump on him.😂😂

JDCanuck - 9-16-2021 at 12:24 AM

Haven't seen any recent postings listing La Paz covid situation, but now that we arrived at last, have noticed almost complete adherence to mask wearing and social distancing, lots of temperature checks to enter major stores and especially hospitals, so looks very hopeful from our side.

mtgoat666 - 9-16-2021 at 05:52 AM

Nineteen months into the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States reached a grim milestone: more than 1 in 500 Americans have now died from the virus.

As of Sept. 15, at least 665,496 Americans have died of COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins University. When the country, which has a population of more than 332.7 million, surpassed 663,000 deaths on Tuesday, that meant 1 in 500 people had died.

The rate of deaths are disproportionately skewed towards the elderly and people of color. Though people over age 85 are 2% of the population, they accounted for a quarter of the death toll, The Washington Post reported. One in 35 people over age 85 died of COVID-19, compared 1 in 150 people between the ages of 65 and 84 and 1 in 780 of people aged 40 to 64.

In that youngest age group, from 40 to 64, people of color were far more likely to die of the virus. One in 240 Native Americans, 1 in 390 Hispanics and 1 in 480 Black people died from COVID-19, compared to 1 in 1,300 white or Asian people.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by mtgoat666]

John Harper - 9-16-2021 at 06:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

John

John

It was worth posting Dr. Malone’s video just to watch the clueless lightweights unqualified to shine his shoes dump on him.😂😂

Someone sounds butt hurt.

John

SFandH - 9-16-2021 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Haven't seen any recent postings listing La Paz covid situation, but now that we arrived at last, have noticed almost complete adherence to mask wearing and social distancing, lots of temperature checks to enter major stores and especially hospitals, so looks very hopeful from our side.

In the past week, the number of La Paz active cases decreased 35%.

The delta surge in BCS has peaked and is subsiding.

BC numbers are essentially unchanged.

In the absence of enough vaccines to go around, Mexicans are doing a good job of containing the virus by behaving intelligently when going about their day-to-day lives.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by SFandH]

OH NO ?

MrBillM - 9-16-2021 at 09:01 AM

Another Conspiracy ?

Actually, IF the decision HAD been made prior to the Recall (not runoff) election, it would have been proper (and common practice) to delay notification until after the election.

There is a history of last-minute revelations having NOTHING to do with the candidates influencing election voting.

SFandH - 9-16-2021 at 11:34 AM

16 Sep 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Data Sources:

BC - Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by SFandH]

Screenshot 2021-09-16 11.36.33 AM.png - 95kB

willardguy - 9-16-2021 at 12:36 PM

16 Sep 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Thank you for posting something useful and on topic!

Pity we have to wade through so much other self-pleasuring noise in order to get at it. :(

yeah, scrolling down can really be a challenge!;)

gnukid - 9-16-2021 at 03:12 PM

Are people aware of the broad use of Remdesivir in US hospitals for people who test positive for corona, and are immediately placed in ICU regardless of being asymptomatic, due to positive result with high threshold count use of RT PCR which can not identify any viral strain, while Remdesivir is known for resulting in kidney failure and death in 50% of patients who take it?

ligui - 9-16-2021 at 03:15 PM

Kid I have not seen anything you have posted that even comes close to a fact. :P

mtgoat666 - 9-16-2021 at 04:17 PM

Kid I have not seen anything you have posted that even comes close to a fact. :P

Oldkid says he posts peer reviewed studies. Unfortunately, the peers in his world of misinformation are all coocoo or partisan hacks.

Skipjack Joe - 9-17-2021 at 09:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Nineteen months into the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States reached a grim milestone: more than 1 in 500 Americans have now died from the virus.

That is a jaw dropping stat.

Who could have imagined something like this.

[Edited on 9-17-2021 by Skipjack Joe]

John Harper - 9-17-2021 at 09:36 AM

That is an amazing stat.

Who could have imagined something like this.

I guess they just needed more organic food and fresh air?

John

Lee - 9-17-2021 at 12:15 PM

Are people aware of the broad use of Remdesivir in US hospitals for people who test positive for corona, and are immediately placed in ICU regardless of being asymptomatic, due to positive result with high threshold count use of RT PCR which can not identify any viral strain, while Remdesivir is known for resulting in kidney failure and death in 50% of patients who take it?

Fake facts from the forum conspiracist. Thinks Globalists are trying to ruin the US.

Let's ban alcohol if you really want to end early death!

David K - 9-17-2021 at 12:48 PM

As of Sept. 15, at least 665,496 Americans have died of COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins University. When the country, which has a population of more than 332.7 million, surpassed 663,000 deaths on Tuesday, that meant 1 in 500 people had died.

The rate of deaths are disproportionately skewed towards the elderly and people of color. Though people over age 85 are 2% of the population, they accounted for a quarter of the death toll, The Washington Post reported. One in 35 people over age 85 died of COVID-19, compared 1 in 150 people between the ages of 65 and 84 and 1 in 780 of people aged 40 to 64.

In that youngest age group, from 40 to 64, people of color were far more likely to die of the virus. One in 240 Native Americans, 1 in 390 Hispanics and 1 in 480 Black people died from COVID-19, compared to 1 in 1,300 white or Asian people.

Excessive alcohol use is responsible for more than 95,000 deaths in the United States each year, or 261 deaths per day. These deaths shorten the lives of those who die by an average of almost 29 years, for a total of 2.8 million years of potential life lost. It is a leading cause of preventable death in the United States, and cost the nation $249 billion in 2010. https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/features/excessive-alcohol-death...

Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year

The flu kills more people but we didn't shut down businesses or force children to wear masks in school: https://www.who.int/news/item/13-12-2017-up-to-650-000-peopl...

Shall we discuss tobacco use next?

[Edited on 9-17-2021 by David K]

willardguy - 9-17-2021 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Excessive alcohol use is responsible for more than 95,000 deaths in the United States each year, or 261 deaths per day. These deaths shorten the lives of those who die by an average of almost 29 years, for a total of 2.8 million years of potential life lost. It is a leading cause of preventable death in the United States, and cost the nation $249 billion in 2010. https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/features/excessive-alcohol-death...

Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year

The flu kills more people but we didn't shut down businesses or force children to wear masks in school: https://www.who.int/news/item/13-12-2017-up-to-650-000-peopl...

no lets do OBESITY next.....David

David K - 9-17-2021 at 12:58 PM

Sure... and how about stupidity, so everyone here is included! :light:

JZ - 9-17-2021 at 01:02 PM

The swine flu was much more dangerous for kids.

I don't remember making them wear masks or closing schools??

[Edited on 9-17-2021 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 9-17-2021 at 01:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

650,000 world wide by flu
650,000 in usa alone by covid

We try to mitigate the flu with annual vaccine

Covid is worse, so it receives more attention.
duh!

Long before covid, i observed people in asia wearing masks when out in public and sick with cold and flu.
People in usa have always been more careless with cold and flu prevention.

mtgoat666 - 9-17-2021 at 01:46 PM

The swine flu was much more dangerous for kids.

I don't remember making them wear masks or closing schools??

Hindsight is 20/20

Yep, americans may learn their lesson and expect fellow citizens to mask up when sick, or during outbreaks.
Masking is so easy, I dont understand why you snowflakes all get your panties in a bunch over masks. Minor inconvenience, but is for the common good.

JZ - 9-17-2021 at 01:51 PM

Hindsight is 20/20

Yep, americans may learn their lesson and expect fellow citizens to mask up when sick, or during outbreaks.
Masking is so easy, I dont understand why you snowflakes all get your panties in a bunch over masks. Minor inconvenience, but is for the common good.

I wear them when asked. But I'm never anywhere I have to for long, or my thoughts would likely be different.

The bottom line is they don't work though. They are very ineffective. And they do more harm than good for young kids. But you don't care about that.

Lee - 9-17-2021 at 04:46 PM

JZ on masks:

The bottom line is they don't work though. They are very ineffective. And they do more harm than good for young kids. But you don't care about that.

My opinion on masks: they probably work and is insurance against air borne viruses. I only wear one when necessary (all stores I frequent require them).

Masks harm kids? Doubt it. Just more frustration at kids whining about masks. Get over it kids, and STFU.

John Harper - 9-17-2021 at 06:00 PM

JZ, I have not heard one kid over the last two years ever complain about masks. Sure, it's inconvenient but they realize it's not a big deal. I was ON CAMPUS with live kids all last year, and am running the auto shop on a TDY assignment for one our high schools since mid August. We all wear masks, and all of my kids have a strong sense of community and understanding of working together, there's no division among them. This gives me so much hope for our future. Your continual obstinance is nothing my kids could relate to. They'd consider you a jerk, but they are still young and don't understand nuance as well as adults.

JZ, your perception of masks and kids is not only wrong, but dead wrong. Visit a real, public school sometime and you might see for yourself. I'd be happy to escort you.

John

[Edited on 9-18-2021 by John Harper]

John Harper - 9-17-2021 at 06:14 PM

Masks harm kids? Doubt it. Just more frustration at kids whining about masks. Get over it kids, and STFU.

The kids never had a problem, they're kids. They look for leadership and trust. As a teacher, my job is to educate and hopefully protect them from bad decisions, especially those borne of ignorance.

It's the imbecilic, selfish, and willfully ignorant adults that create these imaginary monsters the rest of us have to deal with. Leave the kids out of this. It's all on us, the "adults" they look to for guidance.

John

gnukid - 9-18-2021 at 07:07 AM

FDA panel votes 16-2 AGAINST recommending to approve Pfizer booster shots to healthy people under 65 because there is not enough evidence they are safe and effective

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10002725/FDA-advi...

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-advisory-grou...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fda-advisory-panel-...

[Edited on 9-18-2021 by gnukid]

gnukid - 9-18-2021 at 07:13 AM

Fake facts from the forum conspiracist. Thinks Globalists are trying to ruin the US.

Lee, are you seriously unaware that in USA Remdesivir is standard treatment for asymptomatic or symptomatic positive CV? In studies Remdesivir results in %50 mortality due to kidney failure, other drugs are also administered that also add to kidney failure and respiratory failure. Beneficial treatment is not provided such as Vitamin C, D, B Zinc, Ivermectin and Hydroxychlorine?

Here are the NIH Remdesivir covid treatment recommendations, the treatment clearly causes harm to patients.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/ant...

To all Nomads, today is the day to begin to wrap your head around this, spend a couple minutes reading broad sources in this thread, to find out about the fraud being perpetuated to cause harm to you.

ligui - 9-18-2021 at 08:24 AM

Vitamins for everyone ! :biggrin:

gnukid - 9-18-2021 at 08:47 AM

Global BioPharma is not your friend, nor the Military Industrial Complex.

The most high risk thing you can do today is enter a hospital. Number one cause of death is medical malfeasance.

Vitamins are a great place to start self managed care! Everyone should evaluate their diet, write it down, or use an app to find out what nutrients you are getting and what you missing, there are apps like MyFitnessPal and manage your diet to ensure you have sufficient nutrition. Choose your food carefully and supplement with high quality vitamins, C, D, B and Zinc.

JZ - 9-18-2021 at 09:14 AM

The trans-vax movement is picking up stream.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMR41dh5g/

[Edited on 9-18-2021 by JZ]

Skipjack Joe - 9-18-2021 at 09:31 AM

FDA panel votes 16-2 AGAINST recommending to approve Pfizer booster shots to healthy people under 65 because there is not enough evidence they are safe and effective

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10002725/FDA-advi...

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-advisory-grou...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fda-advisory-panel-...

More lies by omission. Booster shots have been approved for several other groups as well.

Quote:

They did recommend a more limited step: emergency use authorization for people 65 and older, and for people at high risk of severe infection. Then they went back and added in health care workers and other people at high risk of getting infected at work -- even if they are not at especially high risk of severe disease.

More lying by omission:

Booster shots were voted down for several other reasons that gnukid does not mention. Including that it is too soon. Young people were vaccinated in late spring thus not needing a booster just 4 months later.

Think it out. Why would a booster be deemed safe for elders but unsafe for 16+ year olds.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/fda-advisers-booster-five-things/index.html

Still another reason it was declined is NOT that theyre unsafe but that safety is not completely known. More data is desired. Data for antibodies has been provided but not for T-cells and mast cells(?).

SFandH - 9-18-2021 at 10:04 AM

I like this video about the immune system. 11 minutes. Informative and entertaining. 6.4 million views in a month and a half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXfEK8G8CUI

There is a second 8-minute video that adds more info.

Skipjack Joe - 9-18-2021 at 10:29 AM

I like this video about the immune system. 11 minutes. Informative and entertaining. 6.4 million views in a month and a half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXfEK8G8CUI

There is a second 8-minute video that adds more info.

Interesting video. I wouldn't be surprised if these immune cells we have evolved from symbiotic bacteria that invaded some ancestor a very long time ago. They flourished because we survive.

gnukid - 9-18-2021 at 02:50 PM

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning

Two studies of 50,000 patient records show that roughly 50% of categorized covid hospitalizations are for people suffering another illness who are subsequently classified as assumed positive for Covid though mild or asymptomatic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hos...

SFandH - 9-18-2021 at 03:02 PM

Baja California:

"Covid-19: Third wave continues to decline"

"Pérez Rico added that there are 876 active cases, of which 709 have mild symptoms, 110 are hospitalized, including a one-year-old child and 57 more are intubated, but only two of them are vaccinated ."

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/tijuana/Covid-19-Tercera...

SFandH - 9-18-2021 at 04:51 PM

Not every gnu reference is BS, but NONE of the references have anything to do with the topic, COVID in Baja.

I wish he would start another thread for his good, mis, and dis info.

[Edited on 9-18-2021 by SFandH]

JZ - 9-18-2021 at 09:15 PM

JZ, I have not heard one kid over the last two years ever complain about masks. Sure, it's inconvenient but they realize it's not a big deal. I was ON CAMPUS with live kids all last year, and am running the auto shop on a TDY assignment for one our high schools since mid August. We all wear masks, and all of my kids have a strong sense of community and understanding of working together, there's no division among them. This gives me so much hope for our future. Your continual obstinance is nothing my kids could relate to. They'd consider you a jerk, but they are still young and don't understand nuance as well as adults.

JZ, your perception of masks and kids is not only wrong, but dead wrong. Visit a real, public school sometime and you might see for yourself. I'd be happy to escort you.

John

If you look closely, I always say "young kids." Meaning before middle school.

gnukid - 9-19-2021 at 08:51 AM

BCS to go Green Monday, activities return to normal.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/gobierno-federal-decide-mandar-a-...

gnukid - 9-19-2021 at 09:25 AM

Keep in mind, we have been severely impacted by political and medical malfeasance, which was admitted across the board.

Today is the day to begin to take charge of your personal health.

Segregation, insults, attacks, intimidation and threats toward others does not improve your health. It's understandable to be stressed and frustrated, today is the day to pick up and manage your health.

You must ensure that you have proper nutrition, exercise, sunshine, fresh air, and rest, manage your weight, alcohol, smoking etc, and that you have a plan for when you feel run down, to include the things that you always have known to help, hot home made soups, such as chicken soup or vegetable, and a plan for treatment of cold and flu like symptoms.

We have got to come together today! Support your neighbors and family.

Lee - 9-19-2021 at 09:53 AM

Keep in mind, we have been severely impacted by political and medical malfeasance, which was admitted across the board.

Wrong again. ''We'' haven't been severely impacted by anything. Trial and error.

Malfeasance? Hardly. Poor use of the word. No ''intentional or willful'' act of doing harm. Unless you're talking about conspiracies?

No conspiracies here. Just smart ppl trying to help ppl with a pandemic. Sometimes they are wrong. Mostly they are right.

JZ - 9-19-2021 at 10:00 AM

Wrong again. ''We'' haven't been severely impacted by anything. Trial and error.

Malfeasance? Hardly. Poor use of the word. No ''intentional or willful'' act of doing harm. Unless you're talking about conspiracies?

No conspiracies here. Just smart ppl trying to help ppl with a pandemic. Sometimes they are wrong. Mostly they are right.

Don't be naive Lee. Pitting the vaxxed vs. the unvaxxed is being done for a political reason. The unvaxxed should be persuaded, not shamed. No matter their age, race, or party.

Also, not having a serious discussion on natural immunity is very telling.

[Edited on 9-19-2021 by JZ]

Purdyd - 9-19-2021 at 11:26 AM

Don't be naive Lee. Pitting the vaxxed vs. the unvaxxed is being done for a political reason. The unvaxxed should be persuaded, not shamed. No matter their age, race, or party.

I agree putting two sides against each other is not constructive. But both sides are culpable in this.

And calling people who don’t get vaccinated idiots is not helpful.

But neither is this.

Quote:

Risk of death is .2% or less which is typical influenza rate.

Read WHO risk severity chart for CV for your region.
https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/340124/PMC7...

When .2% of the entire population has died from covid you can bet since the entire population has not been infected, the infection mortality rate is higher. In the USA over half the states are over .2% and Mississippi is .3%

And that paper from 2019 Dr. Paul Ioannidis while published in the bulletin of the world health organization does not represent the WHO official position and is quite out of date at this point.

And the good doctor is not without his own controversies. His work on the Santa Clara serology study was considered very sloppy.

So in summary it is not helpful to shame people for their position.

And it is not helpful to misrepresent information.

And back to topic.

I am heartened to see a continuing downward trend on covid in baja sur and Mexico as a whole.

The most recent UW IHME model would indicate that it will continue to decline through the year. (Caveat historically not great at predicting changes)

And most interestingly they predict an uptick in vaccinations.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/mexico/baja-california-sur?vi...

[Edited on 9-19-2021 by BajaNomad]

gnukid - 9-19-2021 at 09:38 PM

“Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”
― Mark Twain

JZ - 9-20-2021 at 08:12 AM

The wide spread booster plan rollout that 2 senior FDA vaccine leaders resigned over just got the smack down from an FDA council - on the day we were told the rollout would start. :rolleyes:

So many confusing messages it's making everyone's heads spin.

[Edited on 9-20-2021 by JZ]

Lee - 9-20-2021 at 11:27 AM

The wide spread booster plan rollout that 2 senior FDA vaccine leaders resigned over got the smack down from an FDA council on the day we were told the rollout would start.

So many confusing messages it's making everyone's heads spin.

[Edited on 9-20-2021 by JZ]

Just your head JZ, not sure who you're hanging with.

I take everything from CDC, FDA, WH, Fauci, et al., with a grain of salt. That means until I, personally, verify something, it's not true or a fact, for me. That leaves a lot of questions on the table.

Get comfortable with the unknown and uncertainty.

John Harper - 9-20-2021 at 11:29 AM

John

If you look closely, I always say "young kids." Meaning before middle school.

And, what exactly is your overwhelming concern for "young kids?" Are you some kind of amateur pediatric psychologist? Or, just something else you can troll about on BN?

Just read today that the vaccine provides a strong immune response in younger children.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/health/covid-children-vac...

As I've said many times, children are a lot more resilient than you realize.

And none of the kids I have in class are anywhere near the crybaby that you are.

John

[Edited on 9-20-2021 by John Harper]

Lee - 9-20-2021 at 11:51 AM

Persuade the anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers/pro-freedumbers?

No one in their right mind would want to test the efficacy of natural immunity. Of course, those un-vaxxed who end up sick and dying are testing things for the rest of us. Go for it!:light:

SFandH - 9-20-2021 at 01:26 PM

The issues noted in CDC Director Walensky's clearly stated summary is that a short period of time after vaccination, you are at INCREASED risk of severe illness, more so than you would be if you had not taken the jab. The jabs increase risk more so than reduce risk.

Walensky states, “vaccinated early” are at an “increased risk of severe disease.”

Brief Segment
https://air.tv/?v=BrmE4LQRQzqQFjFkQsFk7Q

No, you're wrong, she did not say "more so than you would be if you had not taken the jab" or "The jabs increase risk more so than reduce risk" as you say.

She said “increased risk of severe disease amongst those who were vaccinated early".

The severe disease is a bad case of COVID and the increased risk is in relation to those who have been more recently vaccinated.

She then goes on to advocate boosters for the more susceptible people because of recent Israeli evidence the vaccines wear off.

She ends by saying "our vaccines continue to offer THE best protection against severe COVID illness."

mjs - 9-20-2021 at 05:09 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-...

See CDC's Expected vs Observed cases of Heart problems following RNA vaccines.

[Edited on 9-20-2021 by gnukid]

You keep bringing up heart problems but you don't want to do all the research and cherry pick your info. Here's the CDC report on myocarditis https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7027e2.htm

TLDR: Myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart, is the one potentially serious side effect from the vaccines. It is rare: An estimated 63 in every 1 million boys between ages 12 and 17 get myocarditis after vaccination; 999,937 do not. It is so rare in girls the incidence is not estimated. Treatment is usually ibuprofen, none has died.

Meanwhile about 1 in 3,164 children infected with the coronavirus will develop MIS-C, a life-threatening inflammatory condition. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle...

gnukid - 9-20-2021 at 08:08 PM

It's great that some Baja Nomads are beginning to pay attention to risks, reading, asking questions, considering risk vs reward in RNA permanent modification versus natural human immunity.

All we can hope for, is awareness, along with general health management, diet, nutrition, exercise, fresh air, sunshine and weight management.

SFandH - 9-20-2021 at 08:38 PM

All we can hope for, is awareness, along with general health management, diet, nutrition, exercise, fresh air, sunshine and weight management.

and getting vaccinated.

Over 90% of the people in hospitals with COVID, gasping for air, are unvaccinated.

Ateo - 9-21-2021 at 11:30 AM

Checking back in on this thread. Nothing new to report related to the topic of the thread. Looks like just a continuation of misinformation from gnukid.

Stay away from the internet everybody. It can contaminate your mind. Only this website is free from BS though. Hahaha.

mtgoat666 - 9-21-2021 at 07:03 PM

Here is professional advice on covid.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/oh-my-flocking-god-get-t...

You have to replace flock with f*ck, as Doug does not like grown up words in URLs. :lol:

Harsh, but in words that even shorty mcjizzy and oldkid can understand. :lol:

[Edited on 9-22-2021 by mtgoat666]

Skipjack Joe - 9-22-2021 at 07:05 AM

Here is professional advice on covid.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/oh-my-flocking-god-get-t...

You have to replace flock with f*ck, as Doug does not like grown up words in URLs. :lol:

Harsh, but in words that even shorty mcjizzy and oldkid can understand. :lol:

[Edited on 9-22-2021 by mtgoat666]

A gifted writer.

SFandH - 9-22-2021 at 09:37 AM

22 Sep 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Data Sources:

BC - Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 9.36.32 AM.png - 81kB

JZ - 9-22-2021 at 10:56 AM

BCS is looking much better.

Bajaboy - 9-22-2021 at 11:22 AM

People are getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing here:light:

caj13 - 9-22-2021 at 11:59 AM

It's great that some Baja Nomads are beginning to pay attention to risks, reading, asking questions, considering risk vs reward in RNA permanent modification versus natural human immunity.

From the hoping for awareness of which you speak Paul, did you not see this post right above yours?

you keep bringing up heart problems but you don't want to do all the research and cherry pick your info. Here's the CDC report on myocarditis https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7027e2.htm

TLDR: Myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart, is the one potentially serious side effect from the vaccines. It is rare: An estimated 63 in every 1 million boys between ages 12 and 17 get myocarditis after vaccination; 999,937 do not. It is so rare in girls the incidence is not estimated. Treatment is usually ibuprofen, none has died.

Meanwhile about 1 in 3,164 children infected with the coronavirus will develop MIS-C, a life-threatening inflammatory condition. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle...

are you aware of these risks and effects Paul, because it doesn't seem like you understand at all?

SFandH - 9-22-2021 at 01:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

People are getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing here:light:

And it's important to know that Mexicans that are not vaccinated cannot just go and get vaccinated. There are not enough vaccines to go around. Under 50% are fully vaccinated. Baja California has vaccines only for second doses of certain types of vaccines. In Tijuana it's Pfizer and Sinovac and those are available only in one place in the whole city. If you haven't had the first shot, you're out of luck.

For the most part, people act in a responsible manner. They wear masks, practice social distancing, largely avoid crowds, and businesses implement safety procedures. At least that's my experience.

It's just insane that in the US you can go to the closest drug store to get vaccinated and people don't do it. Effing stupid.

[Edited on 9-22-2021 by SFandH]

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  15