BajaNomad

drive in theaters in baja

Don Pisto - 7-16-2020 at 01:52 PM

rosarito is busy building a drive-in theater on the beach what a great idea to keep folks distanced, they've had one in tijuana for some time, walmart is building 160 drive-ins in their parking lots..... anyone else in baja have one in their town?

Bob and Susan - 7-16-2020 at 02:43 PM

i'd guess you dont get out much...

you watch movies and tv on your phone

TedZark - 7-16-2020 at 03:12 PM

Nahhhh. Going to the drive-in will be great fun. Making out in the back seat. Popcorn. Really bad speakers... Acne.

I'd go. Just to support the idea.

mtgoat666 - 7-16-2020 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
i'd guess you dont get out much...

you watch movies and tv on your phone

Drive-in theaters are great! 2 things i like to do on road trips in usa to fill time in evenings: drive-in movies, minor league Baseball games.

nearest drive-in theatre us is the Clantee (nee Santee) drive-in, always a good experience, but a bit grimy due to san diego dry climate not washing the pavement very often, and sometimes a bit of east county redneck vibe.

My favorite drive-ins are the rural unpaved theatres that have mowed grass parking area.

As a kid we used to go to a drive in where people built camp fires by their cars... haven't seen that in a while....

TedZark - 7-16-2020 at 04:28 PM

Minor league baseball! Those are great too. Ten-cent beer night and/or ten-cent hot dog night (Thursdays?). Smell of freshly cut grass. Local groupies chasing the ball players. All good fun.

mtgoat666 - 7-16-2020 at 07:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  
Minor league baseball! Those are great too. Ten-cent beer night and/or ten-cent hot dog night (Thursdays?). Smell of freshly cut grass. Local groupies chasing the ball players. All good fun.

I live in san diego, so only got sterile big league stadium, impersonal, seating too far away, overpriced, it’s just blah....

Can only see real baseball by leaving town...

TedZark - 7-16-2020 at 07:44 PM

Yeah, but that's California.